Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#1621 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:48 AM

Bitbucket web interface has a unicode bug which I've reported some time ago. Instead of using it, please install any git gui application like "Source tree"/ "SmartGit" etc

Is there any other such info that would be useful, you could write it to the "BWS readme" page that's currently empty. As an editing notes..... or whatever.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1622 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:05 AM

Didn't like SourceTree interface at all, especially for resolving conflicts.  Trying SmartGit instead.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#1623 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:15 AM

Yes, that PR to my own testing branch was a mistake.  I created a different PR to the main repository.  I left the mistaken PR alone because it was the same branch that I used for the PR to the main repository.  Since you just merged that, I can now close the PR on my cloned repository.

SmartGit does seem much better so far.

For the Klatu mod, is there a way to support nested sub-components for 2090?  For example, if you select 1_2 then BWS will also use 1_2_1 but if 1_1 is selected then BWS will skip 1_2_1?  Ideally, instead of 1_2_1 it would be 1_2_{user must enter a number from 1 to 25} ...

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#1624 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:43 AM

For the Klatu mod, is there a way to support nested sub-components for 2090?  For example, ...

Well, you can make the mod read a .txt file to take the inputs from, yes you can add those, but my betting is that this gets cumbersome really fast. Or the Level 1 NPCs NPC components would be there already. :ROFL:

Edited by The Imp, 08 November 2015 - 09:45 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1625 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:43 PM

I switched back to SourceTree.  With SmartGit, somehow a one-file commit never showed up on Bitbucket while SmartGit insisted that it was up-to-date with the "remote" repository.

#1626 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:36 AM

I am not sure whether BWS follows BWP in this or is independent, so I post this issue here as well

http://www.shsforums...-11#entry582160

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#1627 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:40 AM

@roxanne I will prepare the Sandrah updates for BWS. Do you have plans for EE support as well?

#1628 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:29 AM

@roxanne I will prepare the Sandrah updates for BWS. Do you have plans for EE support as well?

The mod is per concept not compatible with EE, it is a BGT mod - quote from the Big World manual

"Sandrah is a PURE BGT CHARACTER and works not with TUTU or any other installation.
Sandrah ist ein REINER BGT-CHARAKTER und funktioniert nicht mit TUTU oder einer einfachen SvA-Installation."

Both, Sandrah and a continuous EE, are projects under development - if ever there will be an attempt to integrate them, the time is probably not now while both are still changing rapidly.

(I started an early EE game some time back but put it asisde before I even reached Nashkel due to personal lack of interest in the "enhancements" while missing all the BGT added value. This may have changed meanwhile but I could not motivate myself to another attempt yet.)

The Sandrah Saga

#1629 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:40 AM

...due to personal lack of interest in the "enhancements" while missing all the BGT added value.
Yeah, but you know, there's the EET coming and it has all the BGT's content. Well, actually not really, but it's trying it's hardest, there's mods that need to be converted. And there's also some more, like the whole Icewind Dale's content if you have the IWDEE. It's also the next thing that the BiG World will try to consume, and make the BG2EE variant as potential as the non-EE BG2 variant.
a continuous EE, are projects under development...
The EET beta is available for public, it's not the final cause it will also take the Baldur's Gate: Siege of the Dragonspear into it, and it needs the v1.4 BG2EE to fix the proper chapter numbering . . but the beta doesn't need any of that. Just the BG1EE and BG2EE. Of course you don't have to, so don't take this as such.

Edited by The Imp, 09 November 2015 - 07:52 AM.

#1630 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:56 AM

Sorry for bringing up the EE compatibility question in this thread - it is off topic.  I see roxanne is aware of EET from the previous post ("continuous EE") and it's true that EET is still changing and so making Sandrah compatible with it could be a moving target.  Let's move any further discussion on this to the Sandrah thread.

#1631 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:03 AM

Getting back on topic, here is some analysis of SCS components and dependencies for BG1EE, BG2EE and EET:

Spoiler

Saving this here for reference for the next update of SCS.

Edited by agb1, 09 November 2015 - 02:41 PM.

#1632 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:39 PM

Submitted a pull request to BWS with following changes:

Spoiler

Edited by agb1, 10 November 2015 - 06:54 AM.

#1633 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:13 AM

Spoiler

NOTE: BWP Select.txt appends some IDS lines to files in override before installing Sandrah; not sure if it is still correct to do that so late.

I took a look at those:

Spoiler

About the others, I do not know why BWP select has them, but I think at worst they do nothing.

And thanks for your work on this.

Edited by Roxanne, 10 November 2015 - 01:15 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1634 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:42 AM

About the others, I do not know why BWP select has them, but I think at worst they do nothing.
It was usually to counter the whole .ids files overwrite.

#1635 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:52 AM

It was usually to counter the whole .ids files overwrite.

?? I never used overwrite for any ids??? I always use APPEND

The Sandrah Saga

#1636 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:09 AM

Spoiler

NOTE: BWP Select.txt appends some IDS lines to files in override before installing Sandrah; not sure if it is still correct to do that so late.

I took a look at those:

Spoiler

And thanks for your work on this.

I also took a look into game.ini with respect to Sandrah with some findings:

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#1637 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:24 AM

Even if a mod checks for its dependencies during installation, it is useful to keep the dependencies in the BWS Game.ini so that when users are choosing a custom selection of mods it can warn them of missing dependencies before they begin the install.

#1638 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:37 AM

But those dependencies need to be disable-able with ease. Aka the warning can be ignored easily and the user is able to proceed without ignoring any of the other non ignorable dependencies.

#1639 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:39 AM

Even if a mod checks for its dependencies during installation, it is useful to keep the dependencies in the BWS Game.ini so that when users are choosing a custom selection of mods it can warn them of missing dependencies before they begin the install.

Yes, for *true* dependencies - however the ones commented out here were of a different nature: The mod dialogues had some interjections in them that referred to other mod's dialogues and the append would fail if that dialogue was not there, I have corrected these interjections with a check for the respective dialogue (as should have been the case from the beginning). There were also some group CHAIN dialogues where various party members gave a comment and I forgot to add a check for optional NPCs.

The other ones, e.g. checking for TDD or Ascencion are *true* dependencies in the way you commented, i.e. the mod will not install and not be playable without them-

The Sandrah Saga

#1640 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:37 AM

These changes have been added to my pending BG:EE/BG2:EE pull request for BWS:

* 'Remove unnecessary dependency and IDS lines per roxanne (Sandrah NPC author)'

* Updated Might and Guile to version 1.4.1 (changed download to point to the release package instead of master branch, updated file size)

I made some additional changes for BWP and submitted them as a separate pull request for easier review:

Spoiler

Edited by agb1, 10 November 2015 - 02:33 PM.