Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#161 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

Maybe something in TobExTweak.ini that is disabled (and shouldn't be) ?

#162 ketomi

ketomi
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

Thanks - I think actually the setting is this one in ToBEx-core.ini

[Music]
Extended Songlist=1

Unfortunately, it looks like it is enabled.

#163 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

The only way that I can reproduce this error - it's manually disable "Extended Songlist" option in ToBEx-Sore.ini. When turned on again, all works fine. So for now I can not advise anything. Sorry.

#164 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

Does Kesley work now or has the mod still not been fixed in combination with BWS?

edit: also, Add high-level abilities (HLA's) to ToB priests and Add high-level abilities (HLA's) to SoA priests are incomatible with each other (SCSII AI).

Edited by Vlan, 25 October 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#165 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

Does Kesley work now or has the mod still not been fixed in combination with BWS?

Yes, with new WeiDU it should work correctly.

edit: also, Add high-level abilities (HLA's) to ToB priests and Add high-level abilities (HLA's) to SoA priests are incomatible with each other (SCSII AI).

Thanks, I'll fix.

#166 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

BWS is updated.

Changed:
  • Selections "Total happiness", "Megamod" and "Arkenor's Adventure Picks" is recovered back
  • Type of some mods
Fixed:
  • SCS and other connections
Updated:
  • Garrick - Tales of a Troubadour, Kitanya, PaintBG, Rolles, Spell-50, Unfinished Business, WeiDU, Yoshimo Romance
  • Links to fit BWP mod-list

#167 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

I've noticed some errors within the mod install order.

Right now it's :

RR

SCS

various tweaks

Wizardslayer kit revision

Refinements

aTweaks

Wizard Slayer HLAs

RR HLAs

Correct order:

Wizard Slayer Rebalancing without HLAs

BGT Tweaks

BG2 Tweaks

Turambar Fixes

Jarl's BGT Tweaks

Refinements

RR HLAs

WS Rebalancing HLAs

Strategems 

aTweaks

#168 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5151 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

Correct order:

Based on ?

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#169 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Correct order:

Based on ?

Readme files.

aTweaks specifically states that "do not install any component of Rogue Rebalancing after aTweaks."

SCS takes Refinements into account when assigning HLAs, but needs to be installed after Refinements for this to work (doh! :D)

SCS takes any revised THAC0, spell memorization etc. tables into account (so therefore goes after tweak mods).

#170 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5151 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

Readme files.
aTweaks specifically states that "do not install any component of Rogue Rebalancing after aTweaks."
SCS takes Refinements into account when assigning HLAs, but needs to be installed after Refinements for this to work (doh! :D)
SCS takes any revised THAC0, spell memorization etc. tables into account (so therefore goes after tweak mods).
You do understand that the difference between the mods readme and it's wished changes is a large one... example 1) it's only after the v25 that the SCS will take the HLA's into account to what comes to the Refinements... it's also high concern to what comes to the other readme's... the mod maker tries to make his changes the most ambient(as in effect the most), but it might also discard the changes of others ... yeah for example the Thac0 table is designed to be the players best guide for most parts... not the monsters as they have no class (without the SCS) which makes the premise of the monsters design a little flaky(as in you can set their level to 1 with a single Weidu.exe function, and it might ruin the whole game, or set all to 40 and get some bad ass fights at level 1, again ruining the whole game, yes, this is very evident with the Orcs in the BGT mods for example ).
Not to mention that there are components like the "Detectable Spells" that affect AI mods, spells, etc etc and their settings are best to be installed in a particular order based on the available version of the mods(and the readme's try to reflect this but are known to fail at it... as they don't mention the particular version numbers that effect this, example 2): the reason why the SCS or the BP needs to be installed last in comparison to the other, they both install the DS, and the later version needs to be later ).

PS, this is not a comment that we should neglect your research... but that we should make sure that the biggest preference comes out of this, and that there won't be any bugs related the order change.

Edited by The Imp, 30 October 2013 - 10:50 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#171 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Readme files.
You do understand that the difference between the mods readme and it's wished changes is a large one... example 1) it's only after the v25 that the SCS will take the HLA's into account to what comes to the Refinements... 

No, I'm certain that SCS included Refinements HLAs quite a few versions ago. It won't break the game, but if Refinements is before SCS there's both consisteny (same HLAs by party and enemies) and enemies will use some kit-specific HLAs (Boneguard summoning, Mavalon's Fury  etc.) Seen it happen....

Quote from SCS readme:

SCS is fully compatible with the "Refinements" mod, and in particular, will make use of the modified High-Level Abilities introduced by Refinements. Refinements must be installed before SCS for this to work properly. (Yes, I know the Refinements readme says "install me last"; trust me on this.)

I'm quite positive that changing this order will not break anything, quite the opposite.

Detectable Spells I know of, if anything's wrong SCS/BP  fix it.

And since aTweaks goes after either one of those, it's a sure bet that things will work as intended.

#172 -Leokosta-

-Leokosta-

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

Hello. I am trying to use BWS with BGEE, ang I get the error:

Line 296 File Includes\16_Select-Tree.au3

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceed.

I tried to use all files on the link: https://bitbucket.or...etup/downloads, but no success.

If I try to use the file on link: https://bitbucket.or...etup/downloads, there is no error.

Also, I try the option other than BGEE: Big World Project (Detailed Customization), with no error, so it happens only when trying to use on BGEE.

I am a newbie, and not able to fix this my self, so I would appreciate some help.

Tx in advance, sorry the bad english

#173 -pjc-

-pjc-

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

So I'm in the middle of also deploying BW, and I've run this before the last few years, where I've never had a problem.  This time I'm seeing some wierdness, maybe someone can just let me know if things are still ok.

I've got a Win7 dual core 2.20ghz (3Mb Ram) compiling all the mods on Tactics mode, no internet, no a/v, and it's not doing ANYTHING else (everything possible turned off from the taskmgr) and it's been running for 24 hours and it's STILL compiling.  Its Big World debug log is over 13k and it FEELS like it's just doing the same adds and deletes over and over (although the debug log shows that what it's doing is going back to previously installed mods and removing components then adding others, but it's taking MUCH longer than I've ever seen it take before.

I guess what I'm wondering at this point is 'is this normal?' when I last compiled it last year it took about 14 hours (that was BW v11, rather than the current v13)

#174 -pjc-

-pjc-

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

We're almost at 48 hours now, and the Big World Debug log shows me that it IS in fact uninstalling and reinstalling the same mod components over and over at this point.  Has anyone else seen the same problem wtih Installpack 13.0.6 and BPv181b4503?

#175 -Deaderinred-

-Deaderinred-

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

i think scs got updated today to 25 and now all the program does is download that version and scsII which is probably going to mess things up. gonna see if i can still use the scs1 21 file i have once other mods have finished downloading.

#176 -zugschef-

-zugschef-

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

I got this error on item revisions with the recommended installation option:

##### Item Revisions #####
### 0000: Item Revisions by Demivrgvs ###
Ready for installation
### 0001: Masterwork Weapons ###
Ready for installation
Setup-item_rev.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --quick-log --force-install-list 0 1 --logapp
[Setup-item_rev.exe] WeiDU version 23400
Using Language [English]

Installing [Item Revisions by Demivrgvs] [v2]
In state 881, I expected one of these tokens:
  [0] EOF
Parse error (state 881) at END

[item_rev/components/main_component.tpa] PARSE ERROR at line 1413 column 1-3
Near Text: END
	GLR parse error

[item_rev/components/main_component.tpa]  ERROR at line 1413 column 1-3
	Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [item_rev/components/main_component.tpa]: Parsing.Parse_error
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Item Revisions by Demivrgvs], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   0 files for [ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled      0 files for [ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 0.
In state 881, I expected one of these tokens:
  [0] EOF
Parse error (state 881) at END

[item_rev/components/main_component.tpa] PARSE ERROR at line 1413 column 1-3
	GLR parse error

[item_rev/components/main_component.tpa]  ERROR at line 1413 column 1-3
	Parsing.Parse_error
Error Uninstalling [ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 0:
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
Please submit a report regarding this problem, including the information contained in SETUP-ITEM_REV.DEBUG to Demivrgvs and Mike1072 at forums.gibberlings3.net
Automatically Skipping [Item Revisions by Demivrgvs] because of error.
Using Language [English]

Installing [Masterwork Weapons] [v2]
Copying and patching 1 file ...

[./dialog.tlk] created, 138941 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Item Revisions by Demivrgvs

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Masterwork Weapons

D:\Games\Black Isle\Baldurs Gate\BG II>
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
Item Revisions by Demivrgvs (Item Revisions) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the program. The BiG World Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.
[e]

#177 -Deaderinred-

-Deaderinred-

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:28 AM

Had an error with wheels of prophecy, first it wouldn't extract so i did it manually, then it wouldn't install, the program claimed it couldn't find it even though it was in the correct directory. i did some checking and it turns out along with what i mentioned about a new scs25 release there was also a wheels v3 release that had downloaded instead. i still have v2 from the other day so i will proceed with that one once i reset this install.

#178 -zugschef-

-zugschef-

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:10 AM

Problem solved via downloading item_rev v.3 beta + hotfix and extracting these to my bg2 directory.

#179 -zugschef-

-zugschef-

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

i think scs got updated today to 25 and now all the program does is download that version and scsII which is probably going to mess things up. gonna see if i can still use the scs1 21 file i have once other mods have finished downloading.

Unfortunately, BWS doesn't recognize the new version... *sigh*

##### Sword Coast Stratagems (SCS) #####
The mod was not found.
After the mod is present, the install may be started another time.

#180 -zugschef-

-zugschef-

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:11 AM

Unfortunately, BWS doesn't recognize the new version... *sigh*

##### Sword Coast Stratagems (SCS) #####
The mod was not found.
After the mod is present, the install may be started another time.