Photo

I have some questions regarding some of the quests/triggers

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Eric2912

Eric2912
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

First of all thanks for the mod i am enjoying the contet a lot ( demon knights were very challenging and awesome) i have read around the forum about some of the questions i am about to post but i did not find the answers i was looking for so here goes

After i robbed the caravan / sent the wizard away and killed the guards i have no clue what to do next with the chest of black lotus(went next to fire clicked on question mark nothing happens) , i read in some posts that i must go to goverment west so i did wandered around for 30 min untill i found firehair and she told me to find a orb in the dwarven cave but when i go there i can`t find it for some reason researched the area like 3 times for lootable/clickable objects and nothing :( ( also read something about wearing boots of speed and a npc in that cave but since i cleared the cave before i read the post i must have missed him / cant find him , was wondering if he is relevant to the quest or has a quest of his own? 

Also while in gov west i found bran and went upstairs to meet his brother wich atacked me and i had to kill him after that he goes up and i keep getting bran has nothing to say to you so i figure that must be a quest aswell so i was wondering what might trigger the quest to start? (and the others aswell since i don`t want to miss any quests or bugg them)

Thanks in advance and im looking forward to finishing the mod :D

Edited by Eric2912, 28 September 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:47 AM

I'd guess that you're not on the latest version (v2.6)? Both the question about the Black Lotus and about Bran suggest that you may not be.

Spoiler

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 29 September 2013 - 01:51 AM.

#3 Eric2912

Eric2912
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:43 AM

Hey man thanks for the fast reply i have the latest version installed , but i thought that you need a quest or to speak to someone before being able to start bran / his brothers quest because he just tells me not to go up and curiosity made me do it but i saved before just in case it might bug the quest ( its why i asked if there is any special trigger for this quest ) as for the tanari after i gave him the first key from the cave he just stopped talking to me and there are 2 of them on top of the tower

Thanks again for the fast reply

#4 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

Two Tanarri is a known bug and is on the fix list for the next release.

If the Tanarri did not tell you to go and see Ceinwen Ravenhair then you must have used Boots of Speed in the cave; that bypasses a lot of the mod's main plotline but does not break it.

Burning the Black Lotus: that was a bug but I thought I'd fixed it.

Bran

Spoiler

Edited by Yovaneth, 29 September 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#5 Eric2912

Eric2912
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

Think i might have mixed it up a bit he did talk to me after i killd the beholder he stopped talking when i went upstairs though ( can`t upload the save , it says im not permitted to upload these kind of file format)

#6 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

Okay; it sounds like it completed correctly. Bran should have had a hissy fit over the whole affair.

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 30 September 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#7 Eric2912

Eric2912
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

Ok cool thanks a lot for all the fast replies and thanks for making the mod im really enjoying it :)

#8 aernor

aernor
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

V 2.6 First, the graphics are wonderful, as good as if not better than the original game. Unfortunately continuity errors everywhere.

The beholder episode. killed the beholder and bran had a fit. So what???

The ring quest, dfficulty finding thieves -- until I checked the forum - and then talked to thief and game hung. Repeated, failed to pick[pocket and no one went hostile, tried again and got the ring. Nothing broken in the plot, but 2,000 EXP ??? Granted its only a minor plot, but the next scenario was one of the hardest I've encountered.

Finished with Demon knight cave, off to Carendor finished the keep, and killed everyone at caravan. No clue that I was supposed to burn lotus. Returned to tavern and found Elminster, there's a problems with a fishing village ?!? He departs and his friend appears "oh you found him" Off to Gov District and the orb quest seems to start in the middle. Back to the fishing village and into the second dungeon. Killed everything in sight and ran into the traps. Checked the forum, and talked to the demon .... Aernor has nothing to say. .....

Journal doesn't appear to be updating at all.

A lot of difficulty getting into the DK dungeon, so much so that eventually I simply made a note of the area code, and went in that way.

Once again the graphics are wonderful, as are some of the ideas -- ringing the bell at the keep, but the story lines simply don't hang together, even without the programming gliches. For example, freeing the prisoners in the keep. Surely this should be part of the plot? As far as I could tell it didn't matter whether they were freed or not. Same kind of thing with Bran. If you save his brother (?) by taking him to a temple for reserrection he could give you something to help you later? Just an idea.

I'd like to finish this, and will give it a try if you can give me the CLUA area code so I can bypass the traps in the dwarf dungeon.

#9 aernor

aernor
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Finally resorted to using CLUA to get the orb. And off to calim..... 20 cups later. The dialogue just keep looping round, then 1 cup and 1 free cup (1 of which goes into my bag of holding and the other wont). The revenge sequence doesn't finish properly, after killing Akil I couldn't find the other guy ... he was hiding behind a pillar. Gave me my reward and he's still standing there with all the bodies piled up round him.

As for the water I haven't a clue. There's some holes/caves one of which is blocked by stones. No apparent way of clearing it. Yes, alright there's probably a shovel buried in a water barrel somewhere. The graphics are beautiful, (I suspect your a great DM)

but I'm sorry the storytelling sucks.

#10 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

Everything isn't supposed to hang together and have neat threads tying it up. Many sidequests are standalone with no effect on either of the two main plotlines.

Bran - you didn't read his final outburst properly, otherwise you'd have the answer to that. The storyline you chose is that of a joke gone terribly wrong. Yes, there is another one.

Ring quest - known, unreproducible problem. See this: http://www.shsforums...the-ring-quest/

Journal - sparse updates are deliberate. Non-removed entries (e.g. some of Elminster's) are an unfixable IE bug.

Black Lotus - bug, fixed.

Tanarr'i dialog - (talked to the demon .... Aernor has nothing to say. .....) This has happened once before. Do you have a savegame and ystanarr.dlg please?

Dwarf King dungeon - it's meant to be a bastard but there's any easy way of beating it. It requires patience; get in a room or corridor, wait till you hear a door opening/closing and then move into the next room/corridor. Rinse and repeat.

Cerendor Hold guards - it's up to you whether you free them or not.

Sour water cup - bug, fixed.

Sour water - if you can't find it, one householder - Akilah - will tell you exactly where it is.

Kill Akil - bug, fixed. You have to take a very specific path to uncover that bug.

Blocked cave - you won't get in without the sour water.

Orb quest dialog - do you have a savegame where this happens? If so, please attach ysanghrd.dlg and ysgargel.dlg as well. There's been a few instances of more recent versions of Weidu not compiling dialogs correctly.

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 12 October 2013 - 05:27 AM.

#11 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

Ring quest - known, unreproducible problem. See this: http://www.shsforums...the-ring-quest/

Might be caused by the game not finding ysepring.itm to do:

GiveItemCreate("ysepring",Player1,0,0,0)

Because of this (ine 410 in the TP2):

COPY ~dq/items/ysepring.itm~ ~override/.~

Should probably have been just ~override~ or ~override/ysepring.itm~

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#12 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:58 AM

Bugger. :ROFL:

-Y-

#13 aernor

aernor
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

You can have loose ends in a story. A story doesn't have to hang together, but it probably helps.

For example after the beholder has been killed Bran could say:

"This place is a mess. Tell my sister she can't come over!" "Where is she?"

and later

"Thank you for telling me, can you do me a favor...."

"The ring came frome Llanfairpwllgwngyll. My father was a gold miner."

Update map, Investigate ruined village.

The ring, the sister and the father are all loose ends to be expanded or not. Please yourself. It's a pleasure to find people still doing new stuff after all these years, and the artistry in your areas is wonderful.

#14 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:08 AM

I'll give away the other Bran storyline because I guess most people will have missed it.

Serious

Spoiler

It's a standalone scenario that's not meant to attach to or to be anything more than that. A joke on my part. Think 'The Great Gazib' in Naskel Carnival in BG1.

Thanks for the praise on the area art. There's very little that's completely new - most of it is adapted from existing areas and then changed so that the areas are new but the overall feel is still BG2.

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 13 October 2013 - 02:10 AM.