Photo

BWPv14

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#201 Torpille

Torpille
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:53 AM

Ok, I uninstalled the games entirely and reinstalled it in C/Users/username/ but I still get the same error.

Do you know if this BWP-Settings.txt file is supposed to be in one of the required archives or if the install.bat is supposed to create it ?

Thanks for your help so far !

#202 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:44 PM

Batch should create it during the interview about your desired settings.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#203 Torpille

Torpille
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:47 PM

It doesn't get to this point though: the message saying the file is missing is the first thing that happens when I start the installer. It doesn't even create the Big World Debug.txt that it's supposed to generate.

I only got the interview when I tried to launch in the non-administrator way, which then brought me nowhere.

Considering this thread was started today as well, it seems I'm not the only one with the problem:

http://www.shsforums...from-the-start/

I guess I'll have to look into how to use the BWS installation, that seemed to be the only solution for the few people who had this error. Does BWS work for a regular version of the game or is it only for Enhanced Edition ?

Edited by Torpille, 01 February 2015 - 02:02 PM.

#204 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

Uhm, you do execute a cmd and go to the BG2-folder and start the BiG World Installpack from there, right?
If not, that's the error.
You cannot right-click the batch and select run as admin since you'll start a cmd which is located in C:\Windows\system32.
Therefore, the current path (folder from where the BiG World Install.bat is executed from ist C:\Windows\system32.
When you click the batch as a user, the current path is where the BiG World Install.bat is in, which is your bg2-path.
So when running a user, the batch will not find the BiG World Installpack-folder and behave oddly.

At least I get a few "cannot find file"-warnings before a pause an no text is displayed when I do that.
When I run it as described at the top of this post, everything is ok.
So I'd advice to rewrite the hint about "click as admin" or take a vbs to do so.

Edit:
You can simply test where you are by adding this at the top: echo %cd% or pwd.

Edited by dabus, 01 February 2015 - 02:31 PM.

#205 Torpille

Torpille
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:37 PM

Ah I did not see anything about using a command to start the file: all the tutorials and even the hint in the interview, as you mentioned, tell you to right-click.

The command seems to work, I am in the interview process right now. Thanks a lot for your help !

Hopefully the rest will go smoothly.

EDIT: it worked perfectly and I can finally play the game, thank you again !

Edited by Torpille, 01 February 2015 - 06:06 PM.

#206 -Túrin-

-Túrin-

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:52 PM

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you for your tremendous work, you've put in this project so far.

My question is about infinity sounds v1.2 mod. This is the former Restored BG1 Sounds, and the batch file contains the installation order still contains the original name. Moreover as I've seen, the new inf. s. mod contains more components, so I suppose, that simply by changing the name of the mod in the batch file is not enough to solve the "problem".

Do you have an advice?

#207 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:18 PM

Do you have an advice?

Well, you just have to open the setup-modname.tp2 file with Notepad for example and search the component numbers and go from there.

And then just update the batch file have the correct .exe reference and component numbers for it.

BUT why are you still using the .bat file ? The BWS is better...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#208 -Túrin-

-Túrin-

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:47 AM

BUT why are you still using the .bat file ? The BWS is better...

I've some experiences from the bwp installer batch from '11-12, when the BWS had been outdated, and hadn't work properly. 

Is the new interface easily manageable? 'cause I've already downloaded all the mods I need, and aware of all the components that I want to use.

#209 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:04 AM

I guess that using --list-languages and --list-components are better suited for normal users than searching for "BEGIN"-tokens in tp2-files.

And you might have problems using this mod in batches without renaming since it uses this stupid exclamation mark in it's name.
In batch, it's also used for other things, so you might just want to install it manually.
"Setup-!BInfinitySounds.exe" --nogame --no-exit-pause --list-components "!BInfinitySounds\Setup-!BInfinitySounds.tp2" 0
[Setup-!BInfinitySounds.exe] WeiDU version 23700
~!BINFINITYSOUNDS\SETUP-!BINFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Restored BG1 Spell Casting Voices: v1.2
~!BINFINITYSOUNDS\SETUP-!BINFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Restored BG1 Spell Sound Effects: v1.2
~!BINFINITYSOUNDS\SETUP-!BINFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Weapon Attack Sound Effects: v1.2
~!BINFINITYSOUNDS\SETUP-!BINFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Restored BG1 Armor Hit Sound Effects: v1.2
~!BINFINITYSOUNDS\SETUP-!BINFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Restored BG1 Armor Movement Sound Effects: v1.2
~!BINFINITYSOUNDS\SETUP-!BINFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restored Chunked Death Sound Effect -> Original BG1 Sound Effect (Lite): v1.2
~!BINFINITYSOUNDS\SETUP-!BINFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Chunked Death Sound Effect -> Alternate BG1 Sound Effect (Gore): v1.2
~!BINFINITYSOUNDS\SETUP-!BINFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Gulp! Sound Effect: v1.2
~!BINFINITYSOUNDS\SETUP-!BINFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #8 // Restored BG1 Interface Sound Effects: v1.2
~!BINFINITYSOUNDS\SETUP-!BINFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #9 // Restored BG1 Character Soundsets (English): v1.2
~!BINFINITYSOUNDS\SETUP-!BINFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Additional BG1 Designer Soundsets (English): v1.2
~!BINFINITYSOUNDS\SETUP-!BINFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Mute Reputation Loss Sound Effect: v1.2
~!BINFINITYSOUNDS\SETUP-!BINFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #12 // Mute Tooltip Paper Sound Effect: v1.2

Edited by dabus, 07 February 2015 - 03:06 AM.

#210 -Túrin-

-Túrin-

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:17 AM

Well, you just have to open the setup-modname.tp2 file with Notepad for example and search the component numbers and go from there.

I tried, but the tp2 file doesn't contain the components' numbers. :(

#211 -Túrin-

-Túrin-

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:21 AM

I guess that using --list-languages and --list-components are better suited for normal users than searching for "BEGIN"-tokens in tp2-files.

And you might have problems using this mod in batches without renaming since it uses this stupid exclamation mark in it's name.
In batch, it's also used for other things, so you might just want to install it manually.

Thanks for your answer. So you suggest to include a pause to the batch file, install the IS manually, then continue with the mega install?

#212 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:22 AM

Sure it does... Look at line 10, 19, 838 and so on...
Setup-!BInfinitySounds.tp2:10:BEGIN ~Restored BG1 Spell Casting Voices~
Setup-!BInfinitySounds.tp2:19:BEGIN ~Restored BG1 Spell Sound Effects~
Setup-!BInfinitySounds.tp2:838:BEGIN ~Restored BG1 Weapon Attack Sound Effects~
Setup-!BInfinitySounds.tp2:846:BEGIN ~Restored BG1 Armor Hit Sound Effects~
Setup-!BInfinitySounds.tp2:854:BEGIN ~Restored BG1 Armor Movement Sound Effects~
Setup-!BInfinitySounds.tp2:863:BEGIN ~Original BG1 Sound Effect (Lite)~
Setup-!BInfinitySounds.tp2:869:BEGIN ~Alternate BG1 Sound Effect (Gore)~
Setup-!BInfinitySounds.tp2:878:BEGIN ~Restored Gulp! Sound Effect~
Setup-!BInfinitySounds.tp2:886:BEGIN ~Restored BG1 Interface Sound Effects~
Setup-!BInfinitySounds.tp2:894:BEGIN ~Restored BG1 Character Soundsets (English)~
Setup-!BInfinitySounds.tp2:902:BEGIN ~Additional BG1 Designer Soundsets (English)~
Setup-!BInfinitySounds.tp2:910:BEGIN ~Mute Reputation Loss Sound Effect~
Setup-!BInfinitySounds.tp2:918:BEGIN ~Mute Tooltip Paper Sound Effect~

Yes, pause or just call Setup-!BInfinitySounds.exe and select the things yourself.
Setup-!BInfinitySounds.exe --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 0 1 2 [and more components] --logapp | %M% 
should also do it... But as said, I'd guess that you run into problems if you'd use normal
Call %INST% !BInfinitySounds "0 1 2"
And safest way would be the pause.

Edited by dabus, 07 February 2015 - 03:35 AM.

#213 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:17 AM

Sure it does... Look at line 10, 19, 838 and so on...
AKA, they do not have to be specifically numbered, the weidu.exe assigns them numbers (upwards from zero) if not otherwise specified via the DESIGNATED -command.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#214 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:03 PM

I'll post this here since I don't know what topic to post it in. The Undying 2.52 now includes the German translation thanks to leonardo watson.

I haven't been in the modding scene in a while and don't look like I'll be returning any time soon, other than to see if my web sites and forums are still functioning properly. I have a post-apocalypse novel to finish that I've been procrastinating over for too long. Time to finish and get it published.

Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#215 -Túrin-

-Túrin-

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:55 AM

Hi folks!

My biggest drawback what hinders my progression in finishing my own selection of mega-mod installing is the Ascension - BP - Tactics - SCS problem.

In the latest BWP updates there are some controversial statements about the compatibility of these modes, such as are in the proper readmes of the mods. 

It's said that the new version of Big Picture (especially the AI and core component) is now more or less compatible with the SCS v30, but the BP - Ascension component still have some incompatibility issue (though I can't find info of the root of this problem).

However the original Ascension is fully compatible with SCS, the mod itself is declared to be buggy and causing troubles in each configuration, whilst the BP-Asc. is told to be revised, refined and smooth.

And lastly the Tactics, this old mod, which components are almost entirely integrated into the BP is not really compatible with SCS, but the BP version is, as I interpret is partially compatible (mainly some revised battle components). If this is the case, then I still needs only the Sahugain city component from Tactics, which, as I'd seen, isn't included in the BP.

So, my question is: what are your suggestions, to get the fully satisfactory solution to the Asc - BP - Tact - SCS problem? If the Tactics is a big burden, I can live without the Sah. city (albeit I like really that part), but I still like to integrate the BP-d tactics components, the ascension parts, and the SCS AI parts fully. 

#216 Himself

Himself

CEO of the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE

• 230 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:52 AM

Heya Turin!!

That Asc/BP/Tact/SCS madness is quite a chore to sort through.. dunno if I've made an ok selection, ended up using much less of BP than anticipated, since regular Ascension is taking over BP version according to the BWS guidelines...

...to be isn't important, we're no longer than we're :)

#217 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:59 AM

In the latest BWP updates there are some controversial statements about the compatibility of these modes, such as are in the proper readmes of the mods. 

It's said that the new version of Big Picture (especially the AI and core component) is now more or less compatible with the SCS v30,

Are you sure it actually said that, and not SCS v28. Yeah, it said "latest", but the BWP was released long before the SCS v29 came out.
What you should do is download the BWS, not a freaking journal on how some dude made a BiG World Installation one time(aka the BWP).
... then forget about Tactics, and mostly the BP and go with what the BWS allows you to install.

Edited by The Imp, 10 February 2015 - 05:00 AM.

#218 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:05 AM

The readme from the latest version of DIng0 Quest Pack states:

Quest Pack should be installed AFTER Unfinished Business.

The BWP has had it the other way around for some time; can this be verified and sorted out?

Upon reviewing the current pdf, it seems like installing Quest Packs later in one go rather than 2 separate stages (imo it's preferable to install mods in one go if possible rather than break up into multiple installations) might be a better option; i.e. install Kelsey/Keto/Virtue etc, install UB (before QP) if the above is true, then install QP in it's entirety rather than breaking it up, then install The Longer Road, Wheels of Prophecy, PnP Celestials, Throne of Bhaal Revisited, etc.

SCS currently comes MUCH later in the install process than it used to back in the day and should really be irrelevant as pertaining to installation of QP.

I mean, there's no reason to not install The Longer Road, etc. later than currently recommended is there, other than possibly trying to fit it in thematically with related mods (though let's face it, that reason simply doesn't work out in the current recommended install order anyway; it's just not possible to say, perfectly have all NPC related mods together, all shop mods together, etc due to various conflicts of individual mods)?

[edit]

regarding Almateria's Restoration Project/ARP:

Leonardo posted:

With release of BWPv14.3 this is already obsolete. In conjunction with the former overwriting component from "TheUndying" one component was interfering but this is rectified now.

However the 14.3 BWP pdf still claims:

The component Restored locations must be installed before BG2Fixpack, Better item import method before CtB and
Restored random encounters before D0QuestPack component Various improvements.

This is potentially a source of confusion more than actually being helpful. Aside from the question of whether Restored Locations should or should not be installed before BG2Fixpack (btw if this is the case making note of this before the instructions for installing Fixpack seems like a very good idea), there is no such component as 'Various Improvements' in D0QuestPack - the closest components by name are General AI Improvements, Creature and Area Improvements, and Miscellaneous Enhancements. It'd be much more helpful if the recommendation above specified which of these it's referring to or outright recommending ARP be installed before any part of QuestPack.

Also, this seems like a pretty major oversight involving two of the more popular mods: instructions such as 'Rogue Rebalancing and aTweaks are designed with SCS specifically in mind, and should definitely be installed after SCS', 'Rogue Rebalancing and aTweaks are designed to be installed after SCS' in SCS's section should be corrected, as per RR's author's instructions below:

Note well: As of version 22, Sword Coast Stratagems should be installed AFTER Rogue Rebalancing.

Edited by Ithildur, 07 March 2015 - 03:20 PM.

#219 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:57 PM

So, my question is: what are your suggestions, to get the fully satisfactory solution to the Asc - BP - Tact - SCS problem? If the Tactics is a big burden, I can live without the Sah. city (albeit I like really that part), but I still like to integrate the BP-d tactics components, the ascension parts, and the SCS AI parts fully. 

Choose original Ascension (it has minor bugs, but SCS fixes them), Tactics Sahaugin, SCS whatever components you want minus "improved sahaugin" (if that exists anyway.).

#220 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:04 AM

(Maybe un-pin this topic and pin v15, instead?)