Photo

BWPv14

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#161 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

P.156 Tactics v25, it is written  :

"Replace the file Setup-tactics.tp2 in your directory ...\BGII - SoA with this one of the same name from the folder BiG

World fixpack..."

As I look into the BW fixpack folder I found a subfolder named  "tactics 2". Inside I found a patch file named "Setup-Tactics.tp2.patch" but no other Setup-tactics.tp2 file able to replace the same file in the main BGII-SOA folder.
It may be stg stupid but it's my first mega install attempt with the install.bat. So what shall I do or is there stg I or you missed here ?

This is because the advice is an old one, today the BiG World Fixpacks fixes are applied via patch files, which read the original file and replace text if the read structure is found there. So in this case when the Tactics files are in your game folder and the BiG World Fixpack is applied(installed), it fixes the Tactics .tp2 file ... well it at least tries. As it still overwrites.

I wouldn't install the Tactics. Especially if you intend to install the SCS.

Edited by The Imp, 11 September 2014 - 01:40 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#162 colonel klinck

colonel klinck
  • 181 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:33 AM

I wouldn't install the Tactics. Especially if you intend to install the SCS.

Ok The Imp.Thx for all your explanations and  advices. 

I'll forget the "Tactics" mod for my megainstall. :(

Stupidity valued on stock exchange ? Good ! No more financial crisis ! God we should be surrounded by multibillionnaries !

#163 seba4285

seba4285
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:53 AM

Hi leo, how are you ?

I cant find "Kitanya NPC (SoA) 6.4.1" because rpgdungeon is down.

Do you have this mod ?

Thanks!

#164 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:31 AM

Hello Leonardo,

the bg1ub component "Prism and the Emeralds" needs to be installed before any other mods adding interjections to Oublek or Prism, or the changes will not be present in the dialogue state where Prism (and Oublek) are doing their (altered) actions.

This would be BG1NPC Project an Gavin, for example.

Hello, I added a fix to bg1ub v13.2 141026 that makes the order insignificant.

Edited by jastey, 28 October 2014 - 11:01 PM.

#165 Freestyle

Freestyle
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:44 PM

Hi, how are you guys? 

I need some help. 

I have BG1 and BG2 dialog.tlk translated to Portuguese (BR), but after installing the BWP, the original dialogue back to be in English. Little else was in Portuguese. 

In an earlier version of BWS, dialogues contained in dialog.tlk remained in Portuguese and only the mods dialogues in English. 

Is there a way to keep the dialogues in Portuguese?

Sorry about my poor english!
I appreciate any help!

#166 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:00 PM

You'll have to adjust the install so bg2fixpack will not install the English textpatch.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#167 Freestyle

Freestyle
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:48 AM

You'll have to adjust the install so bg2fixpack will not install the English textpatch.

Didn't work for me. I installed all from scratch but BG1 dialogues are changed to English.

Another problem appeared. When I star a new BG2 game, just before the load screen, it returns an error:

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: CGameArea.cpp
Line: 5567

And the game crashes.

Edited by Freestyle, 31 October 2014 - 08:19 AM.

#168 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:27 AM

Leonarrrrdoooooo

component Restored locations must be installed before BG2Fixpack, Better item import method before CtB and Restored random encounters before D0QuestPack component Various improvements. 

why

e: as in, while i know that it's in part because ARP is a much more important mod than almost every other, but it's a pretty nonstandard place in the install queue. What gives?

Edited by Almateria, 30 October 2014 - 03:36 AM.

#169 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:30 PM

Leonarrrrdoooooo
 component Restored locations must be installed before BG2Fixpack, Better item import method before CtB and Restored random encounters before D0QuestPack component Various improvements. 

why

e: as in, while i know that it's in part because ARP is a much more important mod than almost every other, but it's a pretty nonstandard place in the install queue. What gives?

Bump. :)

I was going to post the same thing here, hoping to hear something from someone at BWP before I go ahead and finish out my install. Almateria's Restoration Project sounds like it has a lot going for it and I'm really keen to try parts of it out, but at this point I'm not really interested in redoing my entire install (what I have so far at least) to get it in before BG2Fixpack... which is indeed an odd/nonstandard recommendation for a weidu mod. But the fact that this is very specifically and oddly recommended to go before Fixpack inclines me to think there really might be a good reason for it.

Edited by Ithildur, 31 October 2014 - 12:32 PM.

#170 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:46 PM

Hint: If you select the install-option 3, the batch does not install a thing.

[3] Do you want to pause at mods with several components and select them
yourself manually?
(Use this feature with caution! Don't complain if the components
you have edited ruin your installation.)

Tried to describe a way to solve it here.

#171 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 11:05 AM

BWP v14.3 is released. Again I tried to improve the install order. Meanwhile many mods had been updated. Some solved known problems, others caused new ones. Further improvements are planned for the future. Please post your suggestions.

#172 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:04 PM

Hi there,

I last played with BWP back in v8.  Things have definitely changed.

I'm trying to figure out how to get BWP Installpack to work.  I'm on W7, runnign with admin privileges, and I get the error:

Cannot open BWP-Settings.txt.

I'm also confused about another thing.  In the old BWP it would give you "Recommended", and "tactics" builds, and so on, and knew where to find the mods to download.  Now the impression I'm getting is that BWP no longer does, this, you have to go find all the mods manually.  Is that true, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Vanderveclen

#173 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:19 PM

NM found BWS here:

https://bitbucket.or...setup/downloads

Confused as to why it isn't prominently linked.

#174 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:15 AM

NM found BWS here:
Confused as to why it isn't prominently linked.

Cause BWS(BiG World Setup) is not BWP(BiG World Project), there's a whole thread about restoring the BWS and so on and forward... BUT Leo W talks here about the downloads here, in this specific topic. :add in a hit of imp violance: ps, the e->a typo is intentional, see the deed is done with a violin "music".

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#175 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:54 AM

Leonardo, is there a changelog for each version?

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#176 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

It's called history - and it can be found in the guide itself, pretty much at the bottom.

Edited by dabus, 08 December 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#177 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:10 AM

Leonarrrrdoooooo

why

Bump. :)

I was going to post the same thing here, hoping to hear something from someone at BWP before I go ahead and finish out my install. Almateria's Restoration Project sounds like it has a lot going for it and I'm really keen to try parts of it out, but at this point I'm not really interested in redoing my entire install (what I have so far at least) to get it in before BG2Fixpack... which is indeed an odd/nonstandard recommendation for a weidu mod. But the fact that this is very specifically and oddly recommended to go before Fixpack inclines me to think there really might be a good reason for it.

Hey hey

#178 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

The bug with the install-option 3 is fixed now.

#179 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:34 PM

It looks like the Finch NPC fixes in the BWP Fixpack are no longer there. I get the same error as this post. It looks like it's present in the previous fix pack 14.2.7. Is there a reason this was removed? I'm using BWS to install.

#180 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:12 PM

It looks like the Finch NPC fixes in the BWP Fixpack are no longer there. I get the same error as this post. It looks like it's present in the previous fix pack 14.2.7. Is there a reason this was removed? I'm using BWS to install.

There was an update to the mod, I am not sure the BWS uses that, but probably, which means the old fixpacks fixes are outdated, from the day the v4 beta's started.