BWPv14

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#81 Fake Thomas Jefferson

Fake Thomas Jefferson
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

Hi

BWP encountered an error at infinity animations core. Which caused vecna to not install either.

This was very frustrating as I was doing a manual install. (Sry no error log)

So now I want to edit the install.bat, but to do this I need what component corrosponds with what.

When I click on the link in the manual it takes me nowhere. Does anybody have this list?

Thomas_Jefferson_signature.gif

#82 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

When I click on the link in the manual it takes me nowhere. Does anybody have this list?

The manual you are looking for should be a text file in the BiG World Installpack v14.1.1.7z -archive. To edit the file, most of the info is in the BiG World Installpack read me.txt, the linked page, well the page got removed. It only said what the pdf file says in a more readable format, but that's it.

Got to ask ... Why not use the up to date BWS ?

Edited by The Imp, 01 April 2014 - 04:00 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#83 Fake Thomas Jefferson

Fake Thomas Jefferson
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

I can find everything in the installpack except what component is what number. I kinda figured that the system assigned a number when the mod got called.

The installpack is 14.1.1

Everytime I attempt an install I have a backup pre-install. When it fails I wipe the install and copy over the backup. I've decided to do a fresh install next time, but its frustrating. I'll get the error log this time.

#84 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

The guide has all the component numbers. If you only remove stuff, you might want to scoll down to find the weidu.log that is somewhere at the end.
But you'll miss the dependencies, so I would not di that.
The Infinity Animation mod needs a certain codepage to work and depending on installed mods you'll need different animation packages. If you don't have them you'll fail.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#85 Fake Thomas Jefferson

Fake Thomas Jefferson
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:54 PM

Got It!

I didn't notice the numbers as they were in the center. I'll start editing my bat file and if anything goes wrong I'll give you the file.

#86 -Gianninu-

-Gianninu-

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:56 PM

Can I use BWS, and select Arkenor's Mods to download as many mods as possible.  However, I would like to leave out the big mods (imo, the items are far too powerful).

My idea would be to install all using BWS, exit, remove the big mods, and continue using BWS without these big mods. 

#87 -Gianninu-

-Gianninu-

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

Can I use BWS, and select Arkenor's Mods to download as many mods as possible.  However, I would like to leave out the big mods (imo, the items are far too powerful).

My idea would be to install all using BWS, exit, remove the big mods, and continue using BWS without these big mods. 

#88 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:53 AM

Can I use BWS...

I would recommend that you would fully customize your setup right from the start and then download the remaining mods manually.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#89 Fake Thomas Jefferson

Fake Thomas Jefferson
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

There is a mod that eliminates all the extraneous weapons in the other mods. No more overpowered weapons.

OK so this is extremely frustrating. I messed up and didn't put the content in infinity animations. I corrected the problem and ended up crashing because of another problem I have now fixed.

Now again it crashes at infinity saying I do not have the proper content, but I do!

The only thing I can think of is that I have a back up install. When an install fails I delete it and move the backup in. Would this b a problem? The back up and install files are the same size.

I have attached the infinity debug.

Also is there a way I can just restart the program to where I left off? Infinity was rolled back.

Attached Files

Edited by Fake Thomas Jefferson, 06 April 2014 - 03:41 PM.

#90 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

The only thing I can think of is that I have a back up install. When an install fails I delete it and move the backup in. Would this b a problem? The back up and install files are the same size.

Yes you can do that when using the BWP install.bat ... I would though recomend the use of the BWS... but that's a different subject.

Now, the error happens as you have not extracted the files in the correct place, as said in the error message, aka read it, it this:

Spoiler

#91 Fake Thomas Jefferson

Fake Thomas Jefferson
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

I looked up these files and they are there. This installation is an excat copy of a previois installation that infinity install worked.

The only thing I can think of is that there was a corruption in the install over.  I think I will start a new install from scratch off the CDs.

#92 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

I looked up these files and they are there. This installation is an excat copy of a previois installation that infinity install worked.

The only thing I can think of is that there was a corruption in the install over.  I think I will start a new install from scratch off the CDs.

I would recommend that you make a .rar archive from the original game and the possible ToB patch, as then you'll never need the install the game any longer. Well so long as you make effort to keep the 2.5Gb space, and the ToB cd, that you can make a CD image. .rar cause it extracts faster than the computer copies files.

#93 Fake Thomas Jefferson

Fake Thomas Jefferson
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

Alcohol <*cough*>

Ok so I have deleted and recopied all the infinity content info over per the manual. How do I restart the bat? I don't want to mess this up.

#94 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

You remove everything that's between line 150, starting with the configuration-dialogues.
Call ".\%BWIP%\config.bat"

You stop around line 1692, leaving IA intact.
Call %INSTI% infinityanimations "0 25 50 100 150 210 260 400 410 450 490 500 550 600 650 710 7000 9000"

At least that's what I take from your posting and 1pps component 301 being the last installed mod in your WeiDU.log. Please confirm that the IA mod really did not show up at the end of your WeiDU.log. Then save and start the batch again,

#95 Fake Thomas Jefferson

Fake Thomas Jefferson
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

Thanks,

I finally just decided to go with BWS. After many attempts at installs this installed the first time. It should seriously be considered as a mandatory part of BWP. Console output may want to be rerouted into the BWS gui.

Unfortunetly after the install I still have problems.

When I run the bgmain.exe I get an error: an assertion failed at Chsound.cpp at line number 4905.

When I try the configure program I get: cannot open language.txt(in bg2 directory) I've attached WeidU.log

Attached Files

Edited by Fake Thomas Jefferson, 09 April 2014 - 08:00 PM.

#96 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

If you choose the customized install, you can choose components and install is done by the BWS. You used the "fixed" install that fires up the batch.

I remind someone having problems after running the cleanup batch. The language.txt file may have been moved to some parent folder on your hdd. Maybe you'll find it using the search function shipping with windows.

#97 Fake Thomas Jefferson

Fake Thomas Jefferson
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

I was having so many problems, I got tired of doing manual installs and just altered the install file to my specifications per the manual. It didn't generate any errors. Here it is. Change 'txt' to 'bat'.

I copied the language file from a pre-clean backup install. Thank you.

Attached Files

#98 Fake Thomas Jefferson

Fake Thomas Jefferson
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

I'm not sure where to post this.

Ok so I redid my BWP installation. The first installation had freeze problems.

This new one was the same except it did not have nogameover mod. Item_rev had its dex penalty removed.

It has no freeze problems. It seems it was that mod or something it had a part in.

I have another problem however. When I am in combat if npc's are in sight they also immediately become hostile. They only seem to go hostile when I attack the monster, even though the monster is attacking me.

Attached Images

• bgbug.JPG

Attached Files

Edited by Fake Thomas Jefferson, 17 April 2014 - 11:55 PM.

#99 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:10 AM

I have another problem however. When I am in combat if NEUTRAL npc's are in sight they also immediately become hostile. They only seem to go hostile when I attack the monster, even though the monster is attacking me.
The above picture is likely taken in from the Berecost Temple, the fact is, the games Friend Foe system is way too rudimentary to handle situations like this. You'll notice that the temple is occupied by the Sirine's, that are hostile in all places except here. It also has the priest that "controls them".
The best thing you can do is just avoid the temple while being chased by anything.

Think of the situation like, the priest getting angry for what ever reasons for fighting in their church. And apply the same reason to all others... Yes, the yell/call for help/answer/reinforce system in the game is bad...

Edited by The Imp, 18 April 2014 - 01:15 AM.

#100 Fake Thomas Jefferson

Fake Thomas Jefferson
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

This also applies outside the temple where some of the mod npc's are. It happens elsewhere, so I'll have to test the circumstances.