Photo

BWPv14

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#101 drakonnus

drakonnus
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:50 AM

support for 1pp high quality music coming soon now that pro5 added BGT support?

http://www.shsforums...tutosc-iwd-pst/

#102 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

support for 1pp high quality music coming soon now that pro5 added BGT support?

It's actually in the latest BWS update already, you just need to select it from the customizing menu when you make your compilation:

captureszt.png

Edited by The Imp, 29 April 2014 - 01:06 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#103 drakonnus

drakonnus
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

i'm aware of that, but when does it install it and does it get installed without any conflicts?

By the way, does the item revisions hotfixes do anything about the issues with the shields and helmets?

Edited by drakonnus, 29 April 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#104 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

i'm aware of that, but when does it install it and does it get installed without any conflicts?

It's like you can't try and find out ... or ? As in; What's the trouble in finding it out yourself ?

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#105 drakonnus

drakonnus
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:25 AM

It's like you can't try and find out ... or ? As in; What's the trouble in finding it out yourself ?

by the time you replied i had already decided to bite the bullet and install it

#106 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:31 AM

--

Edited by dabus, 30 April 2014 - 09:31 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#107 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • Modder
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

The BiG World Textpack GERMAN contains a Setup-Turambar_fixes_tweaks.tp2 which is bound to fail during installation due to the line

~Turambar_fixes_tweaks/German/setup-%WEIDU_OS%.tra~

While the folders for italian and russian language do provide an OS-dependent tra-file

those for german and english do not. It's just setup.tra.

#108 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:32 AM

Well, its that time of the year when its time to make a new BWP install :D . Thank you very much for the new version, Leonardo! :cheers:

The install went smoothly, with just two exceptions. The first one is just a confusion made by one of the starting settings, at:

"Do you want to pause at mods with several components and select them manually?"...

What do I write here? No? Or just press enter if I don't want to select them manually. Its not clear, but pressing enter seemed to work fine, like the other options which enter worked as a skip. Maybe a little clarification here would be helpful.

The second problem was an error during the install, at the BG2 Tweak stage, ERROR Installing [Enemy items shatter], rolling back to previous state...

I've uploaded the setup BG2 Tweak Debug...Attached File  Setup-BGTTweak.Debug   3.18MB   257 downloads

Edited by dreamer2007, 24 May 2014 - 05:39 AM.

#109 derpro

derpro
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:16 PM

I can't get the "Recommended BWP" install of Icewind Dale 2 to go through without immediately running into "Checking iwd1tra: The entry for this mod is faulty." to show up. Not sure what is wrong. Everything seems to be downloaded correctly. Methinks it's not supposed to be in the recommended installation. Also, I seemed to have "m"oved every file that I didn't need and I absolutely cannot find them. No message appeared telling me where abouts they were moved; I'm pretty sure they were deleted.

No big rush, though, I still have Icewind Dale 1 to run through first. Knowing myself better than anyone else, it'll take many months.
Oh, and this is my first post. Hip hip hooray.

edit. this is using bws_20140524

Edited by derpro, 24 May 2014 - 05:22 PM.

#110 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:22 PM

would there be any problems in using the latest versions of a mod? I want to reinstall BWP, and also make sure to use the latest version of this mod: http://www.shsforums...ation-project/.  Will I run into any problems? The latest version adds encounters during the planar sphere quest and some areas related to the Slayer Change dreams.

The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#111 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

I guess this is as good a spot as any for my problem with BiG World Project V14.

A new mega-mod game which is similar to the game that installs and runs with BiG World Project V13.  The difference is V13 has SCS and SCSII.  V14 has SCS v28.

Here are the error messages at the end of the install:

Ding0's Tweak Pack was not installed.
The system cannot find the path specified.

Drizzt Saga was not installed.

'Sith' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. [2 times]

NPC Tweak was not installed.

SP Items was not installed.

Tortured Souls TS-BP was not installed.

BIG World Install.bat V14 was modified similarly to BIG World Install.bat V13 which works.

When I start the game, TobEX Console opens.  Works normally until the screen appears where you choose between Baldur's Gate and Throne of Bhaal.  I choose 'new game' and screen turns black.  TobEX Console stays open and music continues to play.

Perhaps some typos in the coding.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 30 May 2014 - 03:26 PM.

#112 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

I have to say that I was forced to make a new install, because there seems to be some sort of incompatibility with the GOG BG2 version.

When casting some spells, the game slowed down to a level that made the game unplayable. So I had to return to my old five CD's of BG2 to make a new install, which works perfectly.

#113 neutrowave

neutrowave

Hast'fyr

• 103 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:16 AM

I have to say that I was forced to make a new install, because there seems to be some sort of incompatibility with the GOG BG2 version.

When casting some spells, the game slowed down to a level that made the game unplayable. So I had to return to my old five CD's of BG2 to make a new install, which works perfectly.

I had the same problem with GOG BG2 version, lagged like crazy, in game and in menu :(, using old backup of 5 cd-s it was lag-free.

Maybe you can change the manual to add/remove this info.

Thank you! Good Job!

#114 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

I had the same problem with GOG BG2 version, lagged like crazy, in game and in menu :(, using old backup of 5 cd-s it was lag-free.

Thank you! Good Job!

Could be that someone used a different version of the game to base their mod install on and a file is missing form the other while the one has it and it causes the good old sounds lag problem that you probably can only fix by desolating everything slightly related and continue without the missing file. Yes, the game is checking your game library file and your override folder for a reference 30 times per second of that one file that is not there, of course it lags.

#115 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:54 PM

Thank you! Good Job!

Are you both serious? I admit that I've played with SCSII but it lagged a lot, no matter what I did, with SCSII - and now you tell me it could be because I do not use the 5cd version?

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#116 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:50 AM

Are you both serious? I admit that I've played with SCSII but it lagged a lot, no matter what I did, with SCSII - and now you tell me it could be because I do not use the 5cd version?
It's doubtfully as simple as what they say... say you don't biff and use the SCS... the scripting is so huge in game that it can't load fast enough and thus causes the lag, as by default the scripts are read 15 times per second, that's 30 MB/s for one creature. Or you have two or 100 gnolls in the screen and have not disabled the ambient sounds(as there can be a sound file missing), and you have tons of lag cause of it. Or you have a so called virus protection program inspecting your entire hard drive and infecting it while you ignore it.
ONE HAS TO ISOLATE THE PROBLEM and then fix it.

Edited by The Imp, 12 June 2014 - 12:52 AM.

#117 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:40 AM

It's doubtfully as simple as what they say... say you don't biff and use the SCS... the scripting is so huge in game that it can't load fast enough and thus causes the lag, as by default the scripts are read 15 times per second, that's 30 MB/s for one creature. Or you have two or 100 gnolls in the screen and have not disabled the ambient sounds(as there can be a sound file missing), and you have tons of lag cause of it. Or you have a so called virus protection program inspecting your entire hard drive and infecting it while you ignore it.
ONE HAS TO ISOLATE THE PROBLEM and then fix it.

I've tried with many different computers, even with the recommended BWS install and I was never and I mean never able to have a lag-less experience if I had SCSII installed, no matter which guide I followed (I'm referring to yours, in particular) or which pc I was using. I now wonder what's the cause of the issue.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#118 -Deaderinred-

-Deaderinred-

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:49 AM

By the way, does the item revisions hotfixes do anything about the issues with the shields and helmets?

there is an issue with the converter deleting mod installed acm files from the music folder (only bg1/totsc and bg2/tob are installed) but this is a converter problem and is fixed by replacing the converter with that of the converter from one of the main packs (i used the one from the iwd hq pack and found all the missing music in the backup folders and did it right) it also deletes the spc1 file from the main folder. again this is in the backup.

#119 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:05 AM

I've tried with many different computers, even with the recommended BWS install and I was never and I mean never able to have a lag-less experience if I had SCSII installed, no matter which guide I followed (I'm referring to yours, in particular) or which pc I was using. I now wonder what's the cause of the issue.

K, let's utilize this thread and see, put the weidu.log's content to it, then the baldur.ini's content to it and then if all else fails, install the LSTest mod and run the game and see what it gives you, yeah, the game will be unplayable while the mod is installed, but so what.

#120 -PegasusOrgans-

-PegasusOrgans-

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

Does this work with both BG2 and BG1 EE versions? I heard that they were finally made compatible.