Photo

BWPv14

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#121 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:57 PM

Does this work with both BG2 and BG1 EE versions? I heard that they were finally made compatible.
To an extent. You can't make a mega install out of it, but you can use the BWS to install mods to your BG EE games. There's BGxEE (x being variable for 1 or 2) specific trees.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#122 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:06 AM

It's not a BiG World since it's not BG1+BG2 in one game. BGT is not compatible and maybe never will. Since a lot depend on them or are not EE compatible, a lot of mods (uh, 450-500 ?) are left out...

Edited by dabus, 29 June 2014 - 01:07 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#123 Kev

Kev
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

Hello,

I would like to report errors on a french mega install, the text patchs for the french versions of BG1 and BG2, have been renamed  a while ago from "correctfr" to "correctfrBG1" and "correctfrBG2". However their names wasn't corrected in the config.bat and install.bat, which is stopping the installation, since the bat can't detect them.

There is also a small issue with the bg1npcproject in the tra.txt, the french language option isn't there.

I have corrected the errors in the concerned files: http://www.baldursga...rcorrection.rar

You might want to check if i didn't forgot any lines in the config.bat, but big world is installing on a french version now, so i guess it's fine.

Thank you and great work on making all those mods working together!

Edited by Kev, 14 July 2014 - 06:27 AM.

#124 phlaphee

phlaphee
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:03 AM

Hello, 

On my latest install trials, I've encountered the following errors:

Blackguard fighter kit (from Sword and Fist):

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 778 of 634-byte file SPPR107.spl
ERROR: [SPPR107.spl] -> [override/A#BLKPG.spl] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("SPPR107.spl: read out of bounds"))

Items [version 5] (igi's item mods)
ERROR: [DEVAEVIL.CRE] -> [override/DEVAEVIL.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))

[Enemy items shatter]:
ERROR: Failure("Conflict in priority list.")

Attached File  WeiDU.log   95.47K   184 downloads
Attached File  BiG World Debug.txt   16.93MB   239 downloads

None of them matter that much to me, as the components aren't essential to my play-through (maybe the blackguard kit, who I find would fit my future evil party play-through), but any help on these issues would be appreciated, as I have not been able to find their source.

Thanks all and have a good day!
Gabriel 

#125 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:35 AM

maybe the blackguard kit

You can probably install 3 or 4 different Blackguard kits anyway, don't bother with it.

#126 Warmonger

Warmonger
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

Hello!

I just ran Big World install for the first time. After about 2 hours installer asked to reboot due to some language changes. Okay, I rebooted, so what now? It doesn't continue.

Your ANSI code page is set to a value of 1250. Changing it to 1252 (Latin)
for mod animation compatibility.

You must reboot to continue the installation. Reboot now? [Y]es [N]o

Rebooting in a few seconds. Please close all other applications.

Edited by Warmonger, 08 August 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#127 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

Nothing will happen after a restart.
Are you able to edit batch-files?
Remove install of all setups until infinity animation.
Removing configuration BWP dialogues might be a good idea.

#128 Warmonger

Warmonger
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

You want me to edit BIg World install.bat? If it can be done just by deleting everything between lines

:: EDITING

and

Call %INSTI% infinityanimations "0 25 50 100 150 210 260 400 410 450 490 500 550 600 650 710 7000 9000"

I can do that, if it's any more complex... meh.

Removing configuration BWP dialogues might be a good idea.

I don't really understand this part?

Edited by Warmonger, 08 August 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#129 Psalm

Psalm
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

I've read the BWP 14.1 Guide and I have a few questions (please do bear with me here  :blush: ):

1) Enhanced BG2 v1.1 {p 82} - component 3 "Cloak of Balduran" is set to NOT INSTALL because the same item is included in Ding0's QuestPack v2.4 component 4 "Miscellaneous Enhancements” which is set to INSTALL {p165}.  But the Cloak of Balduran is also included in Daulmakan’s Item Pack MOD for Baldur's Gate II v1.8 component 1 "Extra Items" which is set to INSTALL {p196}.  Is this an oversight?

2) Big Picture (BP) v181-4611 {p.148} - component 10 "Patching all the existing innate spells, setting level to one" is set to INSTALL.  But according to Horred, this component is deprecated by the LolFixer mod.  There's also Innates Set to Level One v1 which seems to do the same thing.  Is this an oversight?

3) NPC Kit Pack v3 {p169} - component 2510 "Give Nalia a Mage Kit [1] Abjurer" is set to INSTALL.  What is the rationale for BWP giving Nalia the Abjurer kit?

4) Daulmakan’s Item Pack MOD for Baldur's Gate II v1.8 {p.196} component 1 "Extra Items," which is set to INSTALL, warns that "This component also installs a bag of holding, so you don't need the equivalent component from Rolles." But the equivalent component of Rolles v3a, "Bag of Holding in Irenicus Dungeon," is also set to INSTALL {p.79}.  Does this mean both components can be installed without conflict, and you just end up with an extra bag of holding you may not need?

5) Item Revisions v3 {p198} - components 1060 "Kensai Can Wear Bracers" & 1070 "Thieves Can Use Wands" are both set to NOT INSTALL?  Is it just a balance issue? Could I install them w/o conflicts?

6) Zyraen's Miscellany v2.0 {p199-200} - why is this an expert mod?  The 4 (& only) components that BWP 14.1 has selected to install seem like good/useful fixes:
     ---   a) 1 "Improved Statue of Riddles"
     ---   b) 17 "Expanded Spell Progressions for Rangers"
     ---   c) 18 "Expanded Spell Progressions for Bards"
     ---   d) 19 "Expanded Spell Progression for Paladins"

7)  There are several components of One Pixel Productions (1PP) v4.1.0 {p.201-202} that are set to NOT INSTALL due to incompatibility with Item Revisions v3.  But if I'm not installing Item Revisions' (nor Spell Revisions') main component, is it ok to install these three:
     ---   a) 205 Legacy Shields
     ---   b) 206 Additional Shield Animations (core)
     ---   c) 208 Additional Helmet Animations (core)

8 ) One Pixel Productions (1PP) v4.1.0 {p.201-202} component 114 "Softer Spell Effects" is set to NOT INSTALL because this component requires 3D Acceleration. Why?  Is playing a BWP mega mod game with 3D Acceleration a no-no?

9) SCS v28 {p212} - component 3060 "Allow Yeslick to use axes" is set to NOT INSTALL. Is that only because it would also allows other fighter/clerics to use axes?

10) BG2 Tweak Pack v14 {p224} - component 40 "Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue" is set to NOT INSTALL because "This component is included in the Jarls BGT Tweak Pack-component 'BGT NPC Tweak'."  But Jarls BGT Tweak Pack v1.74 doesn't have such a component; so is it ok to install the component from BG2 Tweak Pack v14 ?

---   a) Component 1220 "Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items" is also set to NOT INSTALL but no reason is given.  Is this a balance issue?  What are the drawbacks to installing this component?

11) Turambar fixes and tweaks v1.8.1 {p231} - component 14 "Fix for some errors in the Worldmap for BG1 areas" is deprecated by BP-BGT-Worldmap v9 (according to the Turambar readme), but it is still set to INSTALL.  Is this an oversight?

---   a) component 2048 "Turambar's revised thieving skills and spell learning XP reward table" is set to NOT INSTALL but doesn't say why.  Is it because BGT Tweak Pack v11 's "Restore BG2 XP bonus for traps, locks, and scrolls" component OR "Improved (lowered) XP rewards from locks, traps and scrolls" of aTweaks v4.32 is preferred?

---   b) Seems Turambar's or aTweaks' method is easier to implement (done at initial install) than BGT Tweaks (which has to be delayed until SoA transition and then installed).

12) Ding0's Tweak Pack v21 {p.234} - component 17 "Sensible Lore Table" is set to NOT INSTALL but no reason is given.  This is most likely because the Guide assumes Item Revisions v3 will be installed as well.  If IRv3 is not installed, are there any reasons to not to install Ding0's component?

13) The Bigg Tweaks v2.61 {p244} - component "Gain stats as you level up" (subcomponents 7500-7675) is set to NOT INSTALL? Why?  Is it just for balance issues (no conflicts)?

---   a)  Why are components 8500 & 8550 "Party Members can facestab too" set to NOT INSTALL ?

---   b)  Why are components 9000-9150 "Mages drop spellbooks" set to NOT INSTALL?

14) Level 1 NPCs v1.9 {p256} - component 55 "Dudleyfix for BG1 NPCs" is set to INSTALL but BGT as of v1.08 includes all the Dudleyville fixes {p33}. Since BWP is built around BGT, why install L1NPC's version of the Dudleyville fixes?

---   a) Why does BWP 14.1 opt for sub-component 3 "[1] On initial joining only " instead of sub-component "[2] On initial joining and rejoining" for the "Joinable NPCs more closely match the player character's experience" component?

15) BP BGT Worldmap v9.0.1 {p.262} - for "Which size of the worldmap do you want?", BWP 14.1 selects "Large Worldmap 4900x3500" instead of "Huge Worldmap 8000x4600."  Why?  Is the huge map cumbersome or annoying?

---   a) How does "Revised Travel Times" differ from "original?"  And is "revised" still buggy?

#130 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

I've read the BWP 14.1 Guide and I have a few questions (please do bear with me here  :blush: ):
The .pdf file has a lot of things that you can customize when you use the BWS that has a full customization(~2^5000), unlike the BWInstall.bat approach that has a set parameters set to each mod according to the install mode(5). The BWS development really speeded up after the v14.1.pdf file was made, so the latest things have changed a lotSSSS.
The guide is good as a reference model for the few particular things, but as an install component chooser, less so.

Example;
6) Zyraen's Miscellany v2.0 {p199-200} - why is this an expert mod? The 4 (& only) components that BWP 14.1 has selected to install seem like good/useful fixes:
--- a) 1 "Improved Statue of Riddles"
--- b) 17 "Expanded Spell Progressions for Rangers"
--- c) 18 "Expanded Spell Progressions for Bards"
--- d) 19 "Expanded Spell Progression for Paladins"
These can all be found else where. The 17-19 are a .2da file tweaks that are inappropriate when you combine them with a 50th level rule sets that are in a lots of mods, they make the player loose all their spells when they level up to level 41.

Edited by The Imp, 09 August 2014 - 02:15 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#131 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:39 PM

@ Psalm

Thanks that you point me to these discrepancies. I will investigate them once BWPv14.2 is released (in a few days I hope).

#132 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:30 AM

@Warmonger:

I'd recommend to remove the Call of the configuration batch if you try to resume the install. It's above the line you found.
I would not want to have to remember answer all those possible questions again.
Depending on your response to the questions, different and conflicting components may be installed, so you may get some bugs or confusing content if you want "a" now and had "b" in the first place.

Since you already found the line to leave in there, you should be fine after you edit/save/run the batch.

#133 Warmonger

Warmonger
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:29 AM

Thank you for your answer.

I tried that. Vecna still didn't install (got some more info in its thread), but at least installer finished. At least i think so, had to close the console manually and couldn't run the game (Baldur.exe  remained as 0-byte file). Looks like I need to start it all over :/

Edited by Warmonger, 09 August 2014 - 06:29 AM.

#134 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:25 AM

Oh, forgot that you have to extract ia and its files with the new codepage.
If you got older programs, they might have/display strange characters.
So you should go back to your initial settings after the install was ok.
Some programs patch the baldur.exe - might get interrupted or something.
Might want to add some pause-lines to see if you game is still intact if you're in doubt.

#135 Warmonger

Warmonger
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

you have to extract ia and its files with the new codepage.

What is "ïa"?

#136 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

Thank you for your answer.

I tried that. Vecna still didn't install (got some more info in its thread), but at least installer finished. At least i think so, had to close the console manually and couldn't run the game (Baldur.exe  remained as 0-byte file). Looks like I need to start it all over :/

Actually the Baldur.exe can't be a cause of an error as .. you should start the game with the BGMain.exe anyways.

you have to extract ia and its files with the new codepage.

What is "ïa"?

Infinity Animation.

#137 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

Mybad, bgmain being patched is correct. Maybe you could even copy the baldur.exe-file from your cd.

Edited by dabus, 09 August 2014 - 01:11 PM.

#138 Psalm

Psalm
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

The .pdf file has a lot of things that you can customize when you use the BWS that has a full customization(~2^5000), unlike the BWInstall.bat approach that has a set parameters set to each mod according to the install mode(5). The BWS development really speeded up after the v14.1.pdf file was made, so the latest things have changed a lotSSSS.
The guide is good as a reference model for the few particular things, but as an install component chooser, less so.

Example;
6) Zyraen's Miscellany v2.0 {p199-200} - why is this an expert mod? The 4 (& only) components that BWP 14.1 has selected to install seem like good/useful fixes:
--- a) 1 "Improved Statue of Riddles"
--- b) 17 "Expanded Spell Progressions for Rangers"
--- c) 18 "Expanded Spell Progressions for Bards"
--- d) 19 "Expanded Spell Progression for Paladins"
These can all be found else where. The 17-19 are a .2da file tweaks that are inappropriate when you combine them with a 50th level rule sets that are in a lots of mods, they make the player loose all their spells when they level up to level 41.

Thanks Jarno.   I was planning to use the BWS for my install, but I thought it was based on the BWP Guide, so I wanted to understand the rationale behind some of the component selections of BWP 14.1.  My next move is to fully explore BWS to see how it works.

I would appreciate any further input if you're so inclined, especially for questions 5, 7, 8, 10a, 11b, 14a, 15 & 15a.

#139 Psalm

Psalm
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

@ Psalm

Thanks that you point me to these discrepancies. I will investigate them once BWPv14.2 is released (in a few days I hope).

Happy to help, Leonardo.  Thank you so much for this great resource and all the hard work you (& the BWP team) do.

#140 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

10) BG2 Tweak Pack v14 {p224} ...

---   a) Component 1220 "Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items" is also set to NOT INSTALL but no reason is given.  Is this a balance issue?  What are the drawbacks to installing this component?

There's the Item Upgrade mod, that has like a few dozen added items... the best part is that it has been updated to allow the use of the mod contained items... that this mod quite surely doesn't.

The other reasons for the choices is that their popularity, not because "we" want to restrict things, but because there's a lot more test made with the standard components than with all the other choices. I know a few of these things, and some times reread the .tp2 files to make sure... but still there's a lot of unknown things to me. And I have read these forums consistently some 5-7 years.