BALDUR'S GATE BWS

Help missing mods

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#61 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:38 AM

When I die playing BG1, I don't get a load screen. As soon as the character dies and the game screen fades, I get a CTD.1.jpg

When I die playing TOB, no problem at all.2.jpg

The only thing I haven't checked yet is what happens if I die while playing BG2. This is because when I start BG2 a mod transports me as a child back to Candlekeep and I am not interested in playing BG2 now, I want to take things from the beginning, namely BG1.

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#62 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

I get that same error mate. Any idea what it is?

#63 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:46 PM

Unfortunately I don't have any idea as well as whether it can be fixed or not. However, if this is the only CTD I encounter while playing, I'll be a very happy man.

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#64 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:00 AM

Attached File  WeiDU.log   126.17K   159 downloadsAttached File  BiG World Debug.7z   691.58K   186 downloads

My fantasy story

#65 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:22 AM

Thanks for the info Alien. I'd rather avoid a new installation, but I will certainly download the new version and reinstall it if I get additional problems later on. :cheers: 

My fantasy story

#66 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:12 AM

I did download the latest version. A new BWS was released last week and i used that one. So all i need to do is untick Game Over Only on Party Dead?

Edited by dmxdex, 22 June 2014 - 02:20 AM.

#67 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:37 AM

When Imoen approached me outside of Candlekeep for joining the party, something strange happened after I accepted her and I noticed it on the dialogue box:Untitled.jpg

She also has a mind shield spell effect active and she is a level 6 character, same as Montaron and Xzar.Untitled.jpg

Are these things part of a mod?

Edited by quinlan, 26 June 2014 - 02:44 AM.

My fantasy story

#68 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:02 AM

Google for "Eternal effect on Imoen". It's Spellpack components you have installed causing this. Anything immune to Charm will have this animation - and you'll be seeing it often, since there's little way of removing it. Poison immunity can also have this effect, and probably some others.

In short, the best course of advice I would offer is to avoid Spellpack components of

- Chant

- Mental Domination

- Hypnotic Pattern

- any Invisibility effect (including Mislead and similar spells)

- Charm Person or Mammal

You could try restoring from Spellpack backup, but that will be very clumsy since SCS (I assume you installed it) already patched these spells and created it's own versions to use.

Of course, SCS is such a delicate flower that messing with it has a high probability of screwing your game completely.

All things said and done, either live with it or do a re-install and choose wisely mods you want to use. 

If it's any help, try reading this. I'll probably expand it one of these days.....

#69 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:06 AM

When Imoen approached me outside of Candlekeep for joining the party, something strange happened after I accepted her and I noticed it on the dialogue box...

This is the Level1NPCs mods component effect doubled with the NEJ's Imoen kit... it's not pretty, as the mod was never intended to work with BGT.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#70 archlich

archlich
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:37 PM

There is a problem installing Item Revisions main component with BGT: weapons do not shatter as they should in BG1 part of game.

Item revisions overwrites items and does not include the shatttering effect added by BGT.

In fact, characters have active scripts to make weapons shatter, but without the effect associated to each item, weapons cannot shatter.

Maybe someone (Lollorian??) can make a code correction to item revisions in order to include BGT shattering effect. 

#71 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

There is a problem installing Item Revisions main component with BGT: weapons do not shatter as they should in BG1 part of game.

Item revisions overwrites items and does not include the shatttering effect added by BGT.

In fact, characters have active scripts to make weapons shatter, but without the effect associated to each item, weapons cannot shatter.

Maybe someone (Lollorian??) can make a code correction to item revisions in order to include BGT shattering effect. 

Or you could, you know, report this to the mod authors.  In this case, it's something we're aware of and a fix has already been coded for the next version of the mod.  If you don't want to wait, this is the code we will be using.

#72 archlich

archlich
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:59 AM

Or you could, you know, report this to the mod authors.  In this case, it's something we're aware of and a fix has already been coded for the next version of the mod.  If you don't want to wait, this is the code we will be using.

Thank you! I suppose I can just make a .tp2 file with this code and run Weidu, right?

#73 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:53 AM

Thank you! I suppose I can just make a .tp2 file with this code and run Weidu, right?
Well, yes, just name the .tp2 file as setup-*modname*.tp2, then get a weidu.exe and rename it as setup-*modname*.exe, and then run the .exe .

You of course need this too on top of that(the reason is that the IR does it with a tpa file, and you need to use a pure .tp2 file):
BACKUP ~*modname*/backup~
AUTHOR ~archlich~
BEGIN ~Component name~

All the *modname* of course need to be replace with something else writtentogetherlikethis.

Edited by The Imp, 28 June 2014 - 04:00 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#74 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

I was talking to Mart at the Felderpost Inn and I avoided the fistfight with him. Whenever I talk to him after avoiding the fight, I get the dialogue below. What does it mean?

Untitled.jpg

There is also a monk called Hauser who attacks me on sight and after a kick he stops. Unfortunately I cannot talk to him even after the attack. Its either ignore him or piss him off and then die. Inside the Inn there is a female called Hausers Left Hand that I cannot initiate a dialogue with.

Edited by quinlan, 02 July 2014 - 01:51 AM.

My fantasy story

#75 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:00 AM

There is also a monk called Hauser who attacks me on sight and after a kick he stops. Unfortunately I cannot talk to him even after the attack. Its either ignore him or piss him off and then die. Inside the Inn there is a female called Hausers Left Hand that I cannot initiate a dialogue with.

Hauser is from Askaria mod found here. Very interesting mod but NOT liked by many. I like it a lot, well actually i like almost all BWP mods. :P

Good luck (you need it :lol: ) with the mod if you are going to play it.

By the way didn't you meet Askaria in front of the Felderpost Inn.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#76 deaderinred

deaderinred
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:05 AM

i couldn't stand askaria mod, the fight outside of feldpost inn and the translation on other parts made me rip off my scalp. had to reinstall.

and yeah quinlan, your game is messed up, marl is giving off the wrong dialogue strings since that looks like a journal entry. 

what version of bg1/bg2 are you using? gog, steam, original 5 disc editions? i know some of the recent packages can cause weird problems with mods.

other than that i just cannot understand the amount of problems you've been having. i've installed a bwp tactics install before on the original discs and i haven't had even a quarter of the problems you've had. (cept for the spell immunity effects or bug bears morphing in iron golems for some reason) 

Edited by deaderinred, 02 July 2014 - 04:10 AM.

#77 sjxjs

sjxjs
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

Hello, I'm looking for the following mods; could anyone provide the download links? Can I download the most current or older versions of the mods, rename them and place them in the folder where BWS checks for them? One last question: I want to install the "Standard Version" without adding or removing any mods from the installation list. Has anyone tried this version? Is it playable? Is there a chance I won't be able to finish the game? I still haven't played the BG series and I don't want to go bug hunting.

Thanks in advance and sorry if my questions sound stupid, but I'm new to this. Keep up the good work :)

Crusader Pack: The Mod itself (CrusaderPack4.3.rar)**
Volcanic Armoury: The Mod itself (VolcanicArmoury1.5.rar)**
Legion of Hell: The Mod itself (LOHMod.zip)**
Coondred: The Mod itself (Coondred1.3.rar)**
Druid Kit Enhancements: The Mod itself (phord_druidkits.zip)**

#78 sjxjs

sjxjs
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

A

Hello, I'm looking for the following mods; could anyone provide the download links? Can I download the most current or older versions of the mods, rename them and place them in the folder where BWS checks for them? One last question: I want to install the "Standard Version" without adding or removing any mods from the installation list. Has anyone tried this version? Is it playable? Is there a chance I won't be able to finish the game? I still haven't played the BG series and I don't want to go bug hunting.

Thanks in advance and sorry if my questions sound stupid, but I'm new to this. Keep up the good work :)

Crusader Pack: The Mod itself (CrusaderPack4.3.rar)**
Volcanic Armoury: The Mod itself (VolcanicArmoury1.5.rar)**
Legion of Hell: The Mod itself (LOHMod.zip)**
Coondred: The Mod itself (Coondred1.3.rar)**
Druid Kit Enhancements: The Mod itself (phord_druidkits.zip)**

Hmm... seems that I was too hasty. The only mod I'm missing is: "Legion of Hell: The Mod itself (LOHMod.zip)**"

#79 Tzarnal

Tzarnal
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:15 AM

Hmm... seems that I was too hasty. The only mod I'm missing is: "Legion of Hell: The Mod itself (LOHMod.zip)**"

http://www.mediafire...nzla/LOHMod.zip

#80 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:31 AM

Thanks for the update as always. I've got two things to report:

1- When I installed Bws today there was no mur'neth. (but I guess it could be because you added it for the next release that it isn't still available).

2- everytime I install the quest "karatur" via Bws, sorry, I don't remember the plain name (but it's one of the two quest listed inside BWS) it creates another folder on my d: with some files inside, containing a backup. is this supposed to happen? any way to remove the creeation of that foldeR?

Edited by Sergio, 11 July 2014 - 02:32 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Help, missing mods