BALDUR'S GATE BWS

Help missing mods

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#81 sjxjs

sjxjs
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

And right when I thought I was ready to begin the installation... It seem that the version of Divine Remix I've downloaded is not the correct file. So... I still need one mod: Divine Remix (DR): The Mod itself (divine_remix_v7.1.zip). I found version 7 (I read somewhere that it is v7.1). I decided to run the .exe and then compress the contents and change the name to: "divine_remix_v7.1.zip", but it doesn't seem to work. Would it be too much to ask for a download link for this mod too? :)

#82 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

Thanks for the update as always. I've got two things to report:

1- When I installed Bws today there was no mur'neth. (but I guess it could be because you added it for the next release that it isn't still available).

Did you use nevest version? https://bitbucket.or...p/branch/master

Thanks for the update as always. I've got two things to report:

2- everytime I install the quest "karatur" via Bws, sorry, I don't remember the plain name (but it's one of the two quest listed inside BWS) it creates another folder on my d: with some files inside, containing a backup. is this supposed to happen? any way to remove the creeation of that foldeR?

It's a bug with mod itself, setup-karatur.tp2:

BACKUP ~\KaraTur\Kbackup~

should be

BACKUP ~KaraTur/Kbackup~

Let's see if he can update mod.

bws_20140707b. That's the version I'm using. Thanks for pointing me at the fact that the Karatur's one is a bug.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#83 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

Implementing this (looking for a change of a single url) would work as for other mods and you could do that to look for a new master-file.
If you want to update the mods config, you could try to use the kerzenburg-site or try to get some other things going.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#84 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

Are you sure: http://prntscr.com/41mpmf ? Maybe you didn't unpack it properly. Anyway, It's another reason to start re-implement Auto-Update again ...

thanks, I'll double check agian.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#85 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:48 AM

When I cast the spell Web, after the graphics for the incantation, there is no effect at the chosen area. Any ideas?

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#86 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

I have "spell_rev", "SpellPackB6" installed, plus a multitude of other mods. Its a massive installation.

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#87 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

Ok then It's probable caused by SpellPack because I was having similar issue but in my case "Web" spell just kill everyone in AoE!

I'm curious, does it kill enemies as well? I had issues with Spellpack Web killing my protagonist constantly in Cloakwood area, but I haven't tried Web vs enemies...

P.S.

@quinlan - if you have SCS installed, you'll have issues still probably. SCS makes "copies" of spells for it's own use, so you should change them as well.

Edited by kreso, 16 July 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#88 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:59 AM

@quinlan - if you have SCS installed, you'll have issues still probably. SCS makes "copies" of spells for it's own use, so you should change them as well.

I have two relevant folders. One is named "stratagems" and the other "stratagems_external". There is no SPW...spl in the spell subfolder, so no web spell to create issues, I hope. I will try the above suggestion and we'll see. If I encounter new issues after copying them to the override folder, will I be able to undo any undesired effects by deleting these 4 files from it?  :crying: 

Edited by quinlan, 17 July 2014 - 01:05 AM.

My fantasy story

#89 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:36 AM

What SCS does is create a custom Web spell from the existing resources present in the gane. It's "copied" 3 times on my game;

DW#0215.spl, DW#MWEB.spl, DW#WEB.spl. These should be in your override, you probably biffed so you can check with DLTCEP or NearInfinity for them.

You shouldn't have issues with files above, the only problem is that SCS will (maybe, I don't really know how Spellpack Web works, I forgot...) use the bugged version of Web while you'll have fixed version. In the best outcome, Spellpack Web uses a lot of effects (example: DW#0215.spl casts SPWI215A.spl which casts SPWI215B.spl etc.) and all will be fixed, since SCS makes a copy of only the base spell. 

Removing files from override will leave no undesired effects. GL. :) , I think your game will be fine.

#90 -blackmamuth-

-blackmamuth-

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:45 AM

Does anyone what mod crates a cutscene at the start of BGII with a Green Beholder in the room of Spellhold? I think it's due to a NPC that starts on one of the multiplayer cages, but I'm not sure.

#91 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:25 AM

Does anyone what mod crates a cutscene at the start of BGII with a Green Beholder in the room of Spellhold? I think it's due to a NPC that starts on one of the multiplayer cages, but I'm not sure.

That's likely to be Worgas npc.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#92 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

Ok then It's probable caused by SpellPack because I was having similar issue but in my case "Web" spell just kill everyone in AoE! Download this: http://athkatla.cob-...ad.php?id=2152, create 4 copies, rename them to SPWI215A.spl SPWI215B.spl SPWI215C.spl SPWI215D.spl and put them into override folder. Hope that this will help.

I copied them to the override folder. The graphics of the web effect are still not appearing, but the effect is there. I mean that I can see the characters being held after failing their saving throws. The problem is that wherever I point for casting the spell, the effect always take place within a radius that has the caster at its center! :crazy: 

My fantasy story

#93 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

The problem is that wherever I point for casting the spell, the effect always take place within a radius that has the caster at its center! :crazy: 

You might have gotten the spells target tag wrong at some update point. Hah... wouldn't want to be you.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#94 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

Fortunately, it has happened so far only with web. I wouldn't want to be me when I try to cast other area effect spells when in greater levels later on in the game!

Untitled.jpg

Is there a way to remove this from my inventory?

My fantasy story

#95 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:38 AM

Here is a new one:Untitled.jpg

Whenever I try to set snare, additionaly to the snare I get some polymorph abilities as well!

My fantasy story

#96 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:08 AM

Here is a new one:attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

Whenever I try to set snare, additionaly to the snare I get some polymorph abilities as well!

:D

I once had Imoen with a special ability to summon a pack of wolves, for some reason..... :ROFL: That's all a part of BWS charm.

#97 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

Does anybody know if and how I can remove Haiass's chew toy from my inventory?

My fantasy story

#98 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:21 AM

Does anybody know if and how I can remove Haiass's chew toy from my inventory?

ShadowKeeper should help. Or fixing the mod's dialog to take the toy away from you when you shoo the dog off...

#99 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:17 AM

ShadowKeeper worked just fine. Thanks. :clap: 

My fantasy story

#100 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

And here is my 1st CTD since I started playing my BWS installation. It happened while fighting ogres at Bear River.CTD.jpg

My fantasy story

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Help, missing mods