An error during instalation Baldur's Gate Trilogy

bgt instalation error agen.bs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -Bhoro-

-Bhoro-

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:09 AM

So, I don't know if I'm doing everything right, but here's my bug report.

I've just installed both BG+SoSC and BG2+Throne of Ball and tried to install BG Trilogy, but then a sudden error appeared. I was asked to send you debug files by some random command wizard, so here I am doing so. As far as I know there was some complication during copying/accessing 'agen.bs'. Nevertheless, here is the debug file, so you can read all the things. I had to upload it, because, the amount of text was pretty much impossible to paste here.

https://www.mediafir...6l1ozjkq8pnrjlc

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:21 AM

Spoiler
Funny, but that's nothing to do with BGT-weidu.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 -Bhoro-

-Bhoro-

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:30 AM

Then, could you please tell me what should I do and where to seek some help?

#4 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:45 AM

Well, the Banterpack is a PPG mod, the above .debug -file is for that, but it was successfully installed.

Now, the BGT-weidu prints out the setup-bgt.debug during it's install into the game folder( F:\Baldur's Gate I&II\BG2 ), and it will ask you to post that in this forum, and/or the setup-bgtdos.debug as well...

Edited by The Imp, 15 November 2014 - 11:46 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 -Bhoro-

-Bhoro-

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:15 PM

Uhh, okay, I messed up and uploaded wrong file. There is the right one:

https://www.mediafir...p2fn5rna2nf2ee8

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:33 PM

OK, so was the BG:OzWM :) installed without any mods ?

The error report is this:

[bgt/base/bs/agen.bs] loaded, 583 bytes
ERROR: COPY ~bgt/base/bs/agen.bs~ ~scripts/agen.bs~ FAILED: cannot open target
Stopping installation because of error.

BLAD Instalacji [Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Rdzen], przywracanie do poprzedniego stanu

It can't open the file, which can either mean that the game was modified and thus made incompatible with the BGT-weidu, or a anti-virus program ate the file. You have to make sure you put them offline.

#7 -Bhoro-

-Bhoro-

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:41 AM

Okay, so anti-virus doesn't seem to be the problem - instalation is interrupted even when it's inactive. It might be some of the mods I installed yesterday. I'll try to name all of them but first could you tell me if the problem is caused by BG or BG2 mods (or both)?

#8 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:18 AM

Okay, so anti-virus doesn't seem to be the problem - instalation is interrupted even when it's inactive. It might be some of the mods I installed yesterday. I'll try to name all of them but first could you tell me if the problem is caused by BG or BG2 mods (or both)?

You can't have any mods installed on the BG1 game. You install them later into the BG2 directory if they are made to work with BGT(-weidu). Most of them are.