Auril's Bane Two Drow in Tavern

Aurils Bane Icewind Dale Mods Drow Custom PCs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 -EvilElitest-

-EvilElitest-

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:08 AM

So I was playing Icewind Dale with Auril's Bane and I was doing the whole "import" trick to get items I couldn't otherwise get in the game, you know when you export a character carrying the item, and then import them back in.  And since I was early into the game, I just overwrote the Drow custom PC options, since I didn't ever think I wanted to play a drow.  Only to find, to my horror, that there are two drow in the Kuldahar Tavern who only speak to you if you know drow, which frustrated me to no end.  And now I don't know what to do, I don't want to re install the whole thing, is that just a feature of the game I am going to have to miss?  

Also two minor questions, how do I tell if I have the Trial of the Lure Master version installed?  I thought I did, but it says "40 Custom PCs" and while I have more than 1, I don't think I have 40.   Also custom PCs are the import options right?  Is there any story that goes with any of them in the mod?   

Finally supposedly there are new venders, and I count the 1 in Easthaven and the one in the Kuldahar inn, and I missing any other (I am almost done with the non expansion pack game right now) 

Thanks so much.  

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:40 AM

Also two minor questions, how do I tell if I have the Trial of the Lure Master version installed?

You look up the game version in game, it's the latest update, so the game version is v1.42, to check it, make a new/loaded game, it's the game options screen after loading.. The v1.41 is the patched IWD:HoW, and so on. And no, you don't need to patch the game, just install the Trial of the Luremaster to the vanilla IWD:Heart of Winter game, as the download has all the previous patches included in it.

Edited by The Imp, 25 November 2014 - 07:48 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:43 AM

Auril's Bane adds 2 to merchants to Icewind Dale:

Spoiler

And merchant to Heart of Winter:

Spoiler

As for the other questions i don't the answer, sorry. :(

Maybe Imp helps, he seems to be here. :P

Edited by micbaldur, 25 November 2014 - 07:44 AM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#4 -EvilElitest-

-EvilElitest-

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:40 PM

OH i found the merchants, and I do have Trials installed, wonderful.  Ok, so does anybody know what I can do about those drow?   

#5 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:00 AM

So I was playing Icewind Dale with Auril's Bane and I was doing the whole "import" trick to get items I couldn't otherwise get in the game, you know when you export a character carrying the item, and then import them back in. And since I was early into the game, I just overwrote the Drow custom PC options, since I didn't ever think I wanted to play a drow. Only to find, to my horror, that there are two drow in the Kuldahar Tavern who only speak to you if you know drow, which frustrated me to no end. And now I don't know what to do, I don't want to re install the whole thing, is that just a feature of the game I am going to have to miss?
You're seeing game mechanic where there is none: this is not Eye of Beholder 1 after all, so picking prerolled char, be it drow or not (there was drow pregen huh?) doesnt mean you'll be able to understand drowish. :lol2:

Now, for this two particular drow in Kuldahar Tavern, they have no plot content whatsoever. I might be wrong, but I think I've read somewhere years ago that they're but cameo of tabletop d&d characters mods author was somewhat found of. Gameplaywise, they just stand there idly, unless attacked, and then vanish after you reach certain chapter of the game. The only thing you could use them for is to kill them for a nice hunk of XP and, if memory serves, some loot. Just make sure you're late enough to accumulate some levels and magic items under your belt, but not too late so that they disappear. I used to save before each new chapter and check tavern right after chapter starts to locate the latest possible moment to did them in, because they're damn hard and you'll want everything you could possibly get to beat them, but it might be easier to simply check their scripts, tavern script and possibly Kuldahar area script to see when they're supposed to leave.

Oh, and of the two only female drow doesn't speak common. Male should, so if he doesn't for you, then your install is screwed someplace else.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#6 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:26 AM

Something wrong with our forums?

Any how, the two drow are cameos. You see them in my Undying mod as well. And once I get version 3 of the Undying mod finished, they'll play a major roll in an encounter.

Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:05 AM

Yeah I couldn't get the forums working.  And I'm glad I didn't miss a plot point, is there anyways I can talk to them if I already overwrote the custom Drow PCs?

As for fighting them, I've tried that and gotten wiped every time, what level are they?  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aurils Bane, Icewind Dale, Mods, Drow, Custom PCs