• Please log in to reply
1187 replies to this topic

#81 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:14 AM

Attached debug.

I have a slight suspicion, however I cannot find any feature in this forum to attach a file to my post.

Replacing in the Mods/ZaiyaSan.d file ZaiyaJ with ~ZaiyaJ~ might help, the issue my be the y-x use on some foreign keyboards.

I will try to attach a revised file

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#82 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:34 AM

Still error :/ and you can attach file in full editor mode, click more reply options and look at the bottom :)

Edited by Lithesis, 12 April 2015 - 12:35 AM.

#83 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:50 AM

Still error :/ and you can attach file in full editor mode, click more reply options and look at the bottom :)

Thank you for that hint, I knew it was there, but was too blind to see

Regarding the Zaiya issue, I have no idea what is behind it. It looks like you have that mod correctly installed and my mod just adds a few banters to it, nothing fancy that should cause errors. I have the two mods installed in the same way and there is no issue here????

I suggest to remove the respective block from my tp2 for the moment if you still want to try it at all.

The Sandrah Saga

#84 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:00 AM

When I was looking trough files in Near Infinity I could not find Zaiyaj.dlg. Im not sure dlg files were installed at all.

#85 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:19 AM

When I was looking trough files in Near Infinity I could not find Zaiyaj.dlg. Im not sure dlg files were installed at all.

I took a closer look at your Kiara-Zaiya debug

It says

SETUP-KIARA-ZAIYA.TP2  0  1 Installed
SETUP-KIARA-ZAIYA.TP2  0  2 Installed ~Alternate High level abilities by TG Maestro~
2588 characters, 12 entries added to DIALOG.TLK

So I guess something went wrong here, the mod surely has much more additions to dialog.tlk than that.

Puuh, looks like I am not the culprit this time

Edited by Roxanne, 12 April 2015 - 01:35 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#86 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:54 AM

Decided to reinstall yet again, this time tactic version. Noticed that Kiara-Zaiya component 0 was not checked -.- and in description it says:

Dependencies and conflicts:
Valen (component 0) is preferred to Kiara-Zaiya (component 0).

Im so lost here, what this NPC does it have to do with Valen?

Can't have Weimer's Valen componenet 0 checked with Kiara comp 0, coz it says they are conflicting with each other...

In the weidu.log you posted Roxanne both are installed D: what sorcery is this :(

Edited by Lithesis, 12 April 2015 - 09:01 AM.

#87 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:11 AM

Yeah according to BWS something might be broken when you install both... From what i remember i did choose valen so it won`t install for me too...

#88 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:17 AM

But that mean i won't be able to install Sandrah... I will get the same error as before. -.-'

#89 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:55 AM

But that mean i won't be able to install Sandrah... I will get the same error as before. -.-'

a. Sandrah checks which NPC mods you have installed and only adds if the mod is found - you should not have an issue with Valen or Kiara being installed or not installed regardless which variant you select, i,e. the error for missing files appeared because you had Kiara partly installed but files were missing. If you chose to install Valen and not Kiara, Sandrah will skip the Kiara mod. In any case it would be ok, your issue came from the incomplete Kiara installation.

b. At the moment there is no crossmod contents in my mod for Valen

c. It says in the BigWorld manual "If this Mod is installed together with the Valen NPC, not all Valen dialogues appear.", I have installed both but I have not noticed the problem even when I took Valen into the party once. (I rarely choose the Bodhi road in SoA - which is required to recruit Valen - because for me it offers less possibilities than the Aran one)

Edited by Roxanne, 12 April 2015 - 09:56 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#90 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

Ok, Kiara then, thanks for info :)

#91 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:37 PM

So I was finally able to install Sandrah - yay!. Got statcheck errors though , a lot actually. Im attaching weidu.log and debugs for sandrah - might be useful :)

Attached Files

#92 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:40 AM

So I was finally able to install Sandrah - yay!. Got statcheck errors though , a lot actually. Im attaching weidu.log and debugs for sandrah - might be useful :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the logs and your patience (I hope you will be rewarded by enjoying the new game)

None of the errors should really cause a problem, some of the higher level enemies in later parts of the game will not be as powerful as they could be - but on the other hand your party will also have some slight loss of their abilities,. Nothing too serious but an issue that I will try to solve for a next release. Your logs will help to identify precisely the handful of scripts that rely too heavy on other mods being installed (there were some comments on this issue from some other users in the forum). I think I have to necessary data now to resolve it, but it will take a bit of time and consideration.

The Sandrah Saga

#93 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:58 AM

Awesome! I have a question though - where  can I find Sandrah? Im about to leave Candlekeep and I want her in pt as soon as possible :)

Edit: Ok nvm I got to the entrance of the library and got my answer :D

Edited by Lithesis, 14 April 2015 - 01:02 AM.

#94 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:21 AM

Awesome! I have a question though - where  can I find Sandrah? Im about to leave Candlekeep and I want her in pt as soon as possible :)

Edit: Ok nvm I got to the entrance of the library and got my answer :D

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#95 Tash

Tash
  • Validating
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:26 AM

That's one huge WeiDU log, Roxanne! (and still no Infinity Sounds to complement 1PP. How?! :P)

The scope of your mod is really impressive. How long did it take you to write all this?

I'm not sure when I'll get round to meeting Sandrah as normally I don't install 90% of the suggested mods. It must be a real pain for cross-modding. Still, don't give up! This looks big, so naturally you'll need help with getting this compatible. I'm sure people here will try to help; just don't go batman-serious ;).

#96 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:55 AM

I will probeably be installing today so i will provide debug/weidu log too :)

#97 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:53 AM

That's one huge WeiDU log, Roxanne! (and still no Infinity Sounds to complement 1PP. How?! :P)

I have not looked at this "Infinite Sounds" yet. Honestly, I personally play the game without sound most of the time and one of the shortcomings of my own mod is surely that I have done little more than some basic experiments in this field until now.

The scope of your mod is really impressive. How long did it take you to write all this?

It is a side-effect of playing the game on different computers and different constellations for the last three years (since I succeeded to get a working BGT version of the game). Ideas come up frequently but I am not constantly working on the mod. It had long periods of inactivity in between. The RtF part was much faster, probably because the story is not dependent on the main story that dictates the thread. It was done in parallel to the NPC part since the starting point was clear, i.e. the outcome of ToB.

I'm not sure when I'll get round to meeting Sandrah as normally I don't install 90% of the suggested mods. It must be a real pain for cross-modding. Still, don't give up! This looks big, so naturally you'll need help with getting this compatible. I'm sure people here will try to help; just don't go batman-serious ;).

You do not need all the individual NPCs - I have installed them because I change my party frequently to develop some crossmod contents and I do not want to install the whole thing every time again.

The Sandrah Saga

#98 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:02 AM

Got some weird bug. Sandrah was constantly walking towards Jaheira - I suspect to initiate a dialog, but nothing was happening. When I removed Jaheira, that behavior stopped -.-'

Edit: Can't move Sandrah anywhere coz she breaks my movement order when Jaheira is in pt...

Edited by Lithesis, 14 April 2015 - 09:06 AM.

#99 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:57 AM

Got some weird bug. Sandrah was constantly walking towards Jaheira - I suspect to initiate a dialog, but nothing was happening. When I removed Jaheira, that behavior stopped -.-'

Edit: Can't move Sandrah anywhere coz she breaks my movement order when Jaheira is in pt...

Did they have any talk before that already? What is the value of Global("JarKhalBant1","GLOBAL")?

The Sandrah Saga

#100 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

Hi got this error while trying to install ;)

ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'
Resource [B!REED.DLG] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [SandrahNPC/Mods/bgavinsan.d]: Failure("resource [B!REED.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

I have few Gavin mods installed:
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #0
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #4
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #13
~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0
~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #1
~SETUP-GAVIN_BG2_BGT.TP2~ #0 #0

Any ideas? :)

EDIT
I added Gavin romance that i have not installed earlier and am trying now again.

EDIT 2
Yep works now :)

But i think that you need to add check for specific parts of mods instead of whole mods ;)

Also as i promised Weidu.log(to the moment that sandrah was installed didn`t finish installation yet) and debugs

Attached Files

Edited by dragonian, 14 April 2015 - 10:28 AM.