Photo

Druidic sorcerer spells per level ( and other) bugs

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#41 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:58 AM

Hey Imp, do you still require B!tweak v.4 full? Just saw that I have it buried on hard drive and this site allows attachments of 30 MB...

Well if you have the file, I would love to have it, there might be problems attaching the file here... so if you can't attach it here, you can make a free profile in mediafire and attach the file to there and give a link, or use any other file attachment service you prefer.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#42 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 717 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:08 AM

Hey Imp, do you still require B!tweak v.4 full? Just saw that I have it buried on hard drive and this site allows attachments of 30 MB...

Well if you have the file, I would love to have it, there might be problems attaching the file here... so if you can't attach it here, you can make a free profile in mediafire and attach the file to there and give a link, or use any other file attachment service you prefer.

Here it is mate:

http://www.mediafire.../b!tweak-v4.exe

I guess keeping all those old mods from my ancient mega install isn't such a waste of space...

I think that stone is badly messed up. If upload have some mistake please let me know...

#43 khelban12

khelban12
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:15 AM

Isn't this exactly the same as the _lite package just with the extra components uncommented ?

#44 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:20 AM

Isn't this exactly the same as the _lite package just with the extra components uncommented ?

Yep... well there's a very small changes, such as the file directory and so forth, but anyways. But the BWS kinda needs the uncommented version so they know what to remove... and they now do as I linked to this via a PM.

Back to business and the original topic.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#45 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:57 PM

The Clab file, as it now stands, is meant for BG2 where you start at 90,000 XP.
If you want to use the kit in the start of Baldurs Gate Trilogy, where you start at level 1, obviously the file will need major rewriting. (That is what I am doing now.)
Some items would no longer be relevant:
AP_SPDMDELA        Change level (96)    0
AP_SPDMEX          XP bonus (104)    +94707
This would be altered to occur every level, it will provide an increase of 1 or 2 for each of the two effects:
AP_SPDMHEAL        Current HP bonus (17)    +10
        Maximum HP bonus (18)    5d4

Anything about HLAs would be moved to the column for level 18:
AP_SPDMHLAB        HLAs    

This would be reworked:
AP_SPDMTHAC        Base THAC0 bonus (54)    2
What did the author intend here? If he meant to have Druid THAC0, that can be arranged with a +1 boost to it, every 3 levels. Currently, it is the Druid Thac0 up till level 10, then it no longer is.

"The average doesn't mater a cheese."
It enables me to figure out how to effect 1d6 hitpoints by indirect means. It gives insight into what the author was doing.

Moving the ClabDM01.2da entries around will be straightforward, I have the file entered into a spreadsheet.
This was easy to do, I copied the contents into a text editor. I used the Replace function to change pairs of blank spaces into a single blank space. I kept pressing Replace All until every blank space was all by itself, surrounded by letters on either side. Then I changed all spaces to tabs, thus when the text was pasted into a spreadsheet, every entry was in its own cell.

When I am finished, I can copy it all and paste it into a text editor. I am using Crimson Editor myself, so a helpful function would be:
Documents -> Tabs & Spaces -> Convert Tabs to Spaces
Then copy the text and paste it into the ClabDM01.2da file, the file will open in a text editor. Finally, save the file.

Edited by Ishad Nha, 01 February 2016 - 02:31 AM.

#46 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:09 AM

Hey Imp, since I strongly suspect that you are watching this thread from time to time can you tell me is this was officially fixed, if you know perchance? I already decided to play with this guy but since Refinements will be integral part of my BWS this has me little worried.

http://forums.pocket...ic,26891.0.html

I apologize for distracting once more focus of this thread. 

#47 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:03 AM

PM sent...

#48 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:41 AM

This code is placed into AR0602.bcs to make the protagonist a Druidic Sorceror:
IF
    Global("IshGame","AR0602",0)
    Class(Player1,SORCERER)
    CheckStatGT(Player1,12,WIS)
    CheckStatGT(Player1,8,CHR)
    !Alignment(Player1,LAWFUL_GOOD)
    !Alignment(Player1,LAWFUL_EVIL)
    !Alignment(Player1,CHAOTIC_GOOD)
    !Alignment(Player1,CHAOTIC_EVIL)
    !Race(Player1,ELF)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ActionOverride(Player1,AddKit(D_SORCERER))
        ApplySpellRES("CA#STLOS",Player1) // No such index
        SetGlobal("IshGame","AR0602",1)
END

If you want an NPC to be a DS, simply replace all occurences of "Player1" with "Player#".

Normally unnecessary because none of these races can be Sorcerors:
!Race(Player1,DWARF)
!Race(Player1,HALFLING)
!Race(Player1,GNOME)
!Race(Player1,HALFORC)

If you want a true class, unkitted, Sorceror simply ensure that person does not qualify to be a DS through wrong race, stats or alignment.

The spell below comes from the Geomantic Sorceror kit, it effects the penalties to the physical stats: Strength, Dexterity and Constitution.
ApplySpellRES("CA#STLOS",Player1)

Edited by Ishad Nha, 03 February 2016 - 06:19 PM.

#49 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:15 PM

True class Sorcerors get the DS Kit Description?!    
Apparently lines 85 through 114 of Setup-DruidicSorcererKit.tp2 overwrite the class description of the Sorceror. Uninstalling the DS kit makes no difference! Offending code is:
"STRING_SET ~45866~ ~DRUID: Like the cleric, the druid is a priest, but for the..."

Apparently this is the only time it happens, just as well.

This is the original string ref 45866:
SORCERER: Sorcerers are practitioners of magic who were born with the innate ability to cast spells.  It is thought that the blood of some powerful creature flows through their veins; perhaps they are the spawn of the gods themselves, or even dragons walking in humanoid form.  Regardless, the Sorcerer's magic is intuitive rather than logical.  They know fewer spells than wizards, and acquire spells more slowly, but they can cast spells more often and have no need to select and prepare spells ahead of time.  Sorcerers cannot specialize in magic the way wizards do.  Other than these differences, a Sorcerer is very similar to the wizard.
NOTE:  A sorcerer does NOT learn spells from scrolls.  He chooses new spells with each level.  A sorcerer's prime requisite is INTELLIGENCE.

#50 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:05 AM

This code is placed into AR0602.bcs to make the protagonist a Druidic Sorceror:...

Or you could actually make this a selectable kit kit, and not a genie given kit that doesn't work to full point in anywhere else than the SoA BG2 game... cause t runs the kit reguires area script.
So a kit that works also in BG1EE and EET for example. Ouh and make the install check what the actual game is and assign a proper install process.

#51 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:56 AM

Method is quite simple, you start the game and you get the kit automatically, the process is immediate. It is also permament, once you get the kit you won't need the area script again! It will work for the Protagonist or an NPC.
(Code is set to work implicitly, if either of Player1 or Player2 meet the qualifications they get the kit automatically. If you don't want either of them to get the kit, simply ensure they don't meet the qualifications.)

Currently I am reworking the Clab file so that it will work for any initial character level. This is not too hard to do.

Level 7 DS with 16 Constitution had 19hp!
SPDMHEAL.SPL: maximum hp bonus changed from Set to Increment, this fixed the problem. It is now a flat 1hp, it will be added at every level from 1 to 10

EE is so much easier to work with, I will have a separate kit for the EE games.

#52 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:39 AM

Yeah, and what if the area you start at is not ar0602.are ... I can't remember what the area is that you start the Classic Adventures, but the BGT starts at ar0015,are, and Tutu start at fw2600.are ... you could by pass this by using a summoned creature by the kit that runs a simple script that checks if the character is correct kind and then use that result.

#53 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:27 PM

My code can be placed in any area script, it should be completely portable.

I think the Clab file is finished, it should be useful for any starting level. 85% of 0 is still 0, if the game has any problems with that, the DS can start at 20xp.
Latest version of the Clab file, some of its spells have been altered internally, they now are suitable for use at any character level. Click on the Show Spoiler button to see the latest version of the file:

Spoiler

It seems to be working on BGT with no problems. Candlekeep Inn is AR6516 in BGT so I had to alter the code in four places but that was the only alteration needed.

Spell allotment is off by two spells:

Start of BG1:
Druidic Sorceror: 0

True class Sorceror:
DS kit installed: 2
no DS kit: 3

Start of SoA, Sorcerors:
Original SoA: 6,6,4
BGT SoA, no DS: 6,6,4
BGT SoA with DS: 5,3,2

It is also messing up unkitted Sorcerors.

Edited by Ishad Nha, 06 February 2016 - 06:45 PM.

#54 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:57 AM

Now SpdmMem.2da does provide for -2 spell per spell level, that is easy to fix, just alter each of the nine effects, one at a time. That is the source of the problem spotted by Greenhorn.
But the situation is complicated by the replacement of the original mxsplsrc.2da file. Broadly, at lower levels the new file provides for fewer spells than the original but this trend reverses after level 27.

Edited by Ishad Nha, 08 February 2016 - 05:37 PM.

#55 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:34 AM

Now SpdmMem.2da does provide for -2 spell per spell level, that is easy to fix, just alter each of the nine effects, one at a time. That is the source of the problem spotted by Greenhorn.
But the situation is complicated by the replacement of the original mxsplsrc.2da file. Broadly, at lower levels the new file provides for fewer spells than the original but this trend reverses after level 27.

I have updated the upload to show the Sorcerer spell tables.

Nice job. Glad that you make good progress with this kit. Have you checked DS spell progression and number of spells per day tables?  Does this mod significantly alters those tables for ordinary sorcerer and other spell casting classes and kits?

#56 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:29 AM

It messes up the Sorcerors alright. Only they use the altered table, only they are messed up. My solution is to
(1) get rid of the altered table and
(2) have SpdmMem.2da remove only one spell per level.

Mod author intended the use of the altered table... That is a problem soluble by the Clab file, it can have spells that add and subtract spell slots for each spell level.
Official Sorceror table remains official. Any altered table is expressed as deviations from the official table. From one experience level to another, the difference in deviations is almost always -1 or +1.
Altered table is meant for starting at level 7 not level 1.

DrSorc.bcs is not working?!
It is an Override Script, try it as a Class script instead?

Edited by Ishad Nha, 06 February 2016 - 10:49 PM.

#57 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:49 PM

There are two problem areas,
the -1 spell per level
the Chr, Wis bonus spells.
SpdmMem.spl was moved from DrSorc.bcs to AR0602.bcs, this seemed to stop jamming of the former script.
It seems that the spell is adding slots not removing them.
If that is the case, and it can't be fixed, make the MxSplSrc.2da table fit the DS. Trueclass Sorcerors will get the +1 slots added to *them*.
Well, what now, sometimes the Class script is lost.

According to the mod manual:
"Requirements:
-13 Wisdom, 9 Charisma
-Must be of any Neutral alignment. "

Note: install files for kit actually require
// STR DEX CON INT WIS CHR
~D_SORCERER 0 0 0 0 14 12~
I think I will go with the manual. Normally this point is moot, you want medium high Wis and Chr for the bonus spells, especially after losing the one spell per spell level.

#58 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:48 PM

My code can be placed in any area script, it should be completely portable.
Still it's an area script... with my solution, there's no need for an area script or any such alteration, the EE games have a Sorcerer-sub kits, so WHY in the CHEESE not use them ?

#59 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:35 AM

I am planning two wholly separate kits, one for original BG2/BGT and one for the EE games. So far I have not finished the first one.

#60 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:06 AM

I am planning two wholly separate kits, one for original BG2/BGT and one for the EE games. So far I have not finished the first one.
Well you better actually plan for 3... 2 for non-EE, and 1 for EE... There needs to be a very few difference between the EE- and non-EE- sorcerer kits, but there these ones; the K_*_* lines. And the desired HP bonuses for the non-EE one, as the EE one can utilize the HPCLASS.2da table to set it's hit points to it's own table, the non-EE needs to utilize the CLAB....2da-file for that. The Extra-kit for the non-EE game is a preset kit for the character to pick, so it runs the script that turns the character into the other kit.

And yes, you should make the whole 3 kit combo into 1 component, that uses ACTION_IF's and ENGINE/GAME_IS's etc to install the needed kits.

Edited by The Imp, 08 February 2016 - 06:11 AM.