Photo

Greenhorn's questions, bugs and findings about BWS

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

#321 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:13 PM

Here are several more minor bugs I encountered while playing first part of trilogy. Dark horizons mod is full of incorrect weapon proficiencies, for example scimitar +3 " Andarous' fury", MA1SW01 and cutlass +3 " Thud", CMSWQ07 use short sword proficiencies, but there are more serious game balance issues. Bullets of detonation from this mod, CMBUQ01, always retain same quantity after use, being in essence "Bag of plenty fireballs".  :D Also, arrows of freezing, CMAARQ01, despite it's description actually don't give saving throw against holding making them serious overkill. No use to report this on Chosen of Mystra site or whatever it is called now, these things are reported ages ago and still persisting. There is also bug with Ice lance spell scroll from TDD I believe. While spell works as intended when you use scroll with same spell there are absolutely no effects, whatsoever. There is also bug with journal in Zombie infestation quest, when you inform Wenric of success, quest entry is not closed, probably it has something to do with NTotSC and his extended dialogue from that mod. Furthermore, Finch's dialogue with Dynaheir about her captivity by gnolls is broken, after Finch's first sentence  dialogue abruptly stops. Edwin uses his BG2 dialogue when is upset about party reputation but text below shows his BG1 line. This mixup is probably result of DSotSC component " Extended NPC Soundsets (BGT and Tutu)". Little bit about Sandrah, for the end. It seems that two Greater werebears from Power of imagination ability stay permanently when summoned, I gone back in BG gate area after couple of days and they are still there, partying.  :lol: I don't believe that was author's intent. Also I'm a bit confused about that big bully Talos.  :mellow: When my party returned Brage to temple in Nashkel, mere moments after walking out of it team was teleported to some plain, dimension or whatnot. After ominous warning and fight against two blue warriors the moment I finally got control over Pelligram again party was zapped again in Nashkel without any word or comment from Sandrah. Is it intended that way or I missed something? 

Edited by Greenhorn, 19 November 2016 - 04:18 PM.

#322 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:20 PM

Excellent, more bugs to squash! Your reports are appreciated.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#323 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:40 PM

When my party returned Brage to temple in Nashkel, mere moments after walking out of it team was teleported to some plain, dimension or whatnot. After ominous warning and fight against two blue warriors the moment I finally got control over Pelligram again party was zapped again in Nashkel without any word or comment from Sandrah. Is it intended that way or I missed something?

The episode is not related to Brage - I assume that from the same area you rescued Brage you also took the Idol from the cave? Or maybe the chainmail from the nearby Stone of Ascavar area? If so, Talos should have told you about this (The Lord of Chaos had many names in the history...) Like in many other cases you may get extra information from a PID entry in Sandrah's dialogue. It depends on what other Talos encounters you already had. The Mystra vs Talos vs Sandrah relationship is part of one of her continuos plots that evolves until ToB and beyond,

Yes, it is intended this way, you get some snapshots of things yet to come. Some Sandrah quests expand through the whole trilogy, it is intended that they emerge through the game rather than taking you off the main PC plot for prolonged time.

Edited by Roxanne, 19 November 2016 - 10:41 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#324 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:11 AM

When my party returned Brage to temple in Nashkel, mere moments after walking out of it team was teleported to some plain, dimension or whatnot. After ominous warning and fight against two blue warriors the moment I finally got control over Pelligram again party was zapped again in Nashkel without any word or comment from Sandrah. Is it intended that way or I missed something?

The episode is not related to Brage - I assume that from the same area you rescued Brage you also took the Idol from the cave? Or maybe the chainmail from the nearby Stone of Ascavar area? If so, Talos should have told you about this (The Lord of Chaos had many names in the history...) Like in many other cases you may get extra information from a PID entry in Sandrah's dialogue. It depends on what other Talos encounters you already had. The Mystra vs Talos vs Sandrah relationship is part of one of her continuos plots that evolves until ToB and beyond,

Yes, it is intended this way, you get some snapshots of things yet to come. Some Sandrah quests expand through the whole trilogy, it is intended that they emerge through the game rather than taking you off the main PC plot for prolonged time.

Ah, I indeed took that idol before dealing with Brage, thanks for clarification Roxanne. So far, there were two encounters with Storm lord followers, one before returning bowl to Tenya and this one. Just been little bit confused as I haven't had time to clear all area ( saw latter that there is another duo of Talos warriors in it ) and nobody spoken single word about incident ( I mean, confronting angry avatar of one unpleasant to say at least  :) god deserves honorably mention). Now I eagerly await further development and I'm dying of curiosity what Brage meant with that hint about Stormhorn ( or Stronghorn maybe  :lol: ) mountains. Oh, and Gorion's dagger too, but I suspect I will find out only in latter chapters of the game... 

#325 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:18 AM

Ah, I indeed took that idol before dealing with Brage, thanks for clarification Roxanne. So far, there were two encounters with Storm lord followers, one before returning bowl to Tenya and this one. Just been little bit confused as I haven't had time to clear all area ( saw latter that there is another duo of Talos warriors in it ) and nobody spoken single word about incident ( I mean, confronting angry avatar of one unpleasant to say at least  :) god deserves honorably mention). Now I eagerly await further development and I'm dying of curiosity what Brage meant with that hint about Stormhorn ( or Stronghorn maybe  :lol: ) mountains. Oh, and Gorion's dagger too, but I suspect I will find out only in latter chapters of the game... 

Spoiler

I admit, not all of it is sooo obvious - it is not the style I like myself when NPCs always give you every hint (look into that chest, we should explore the other rooms etc.) It is more satisfactory to find the hidden easter eggs, draw your own conclusions, see the errors your NPCs make etc. Even at the cost of not discovering every aspect of such a packed mod like Sandrah in one initial playthrough.

I hope the real fun comes when you finally find how the many various encounters and side quests start to build into a bigger picture (oh no, that expression is already taken...so what).

Edited by Roxanne, 20 November 2016 - 03:25 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#326 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:23 AM

Spoiler

Thanks for hints Roxanne.  :)

P.S. I see your point, I agree.  ;)

Edited by Greenhorn, 20 November 2016 - 04:10 AM.

#327 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:15 PM

Little bit about Sandrah, for the end. It seems that two Greater werebears from Power of imagination ability stay permanently when summoned, I gone back in BG gate area after couple of days and they are still there, partying.

I have again tetsed and examined this issue in my installation (where no tweak changes cvdrubea.cre).

The bear summoned by the spell is a green circled ally who will attack any enemy it sights. I cannot reproduce what you describe, except that they do not get unsummoned (They are one of a number of random helpers the spell may produce and thus have no duration). Looks like something may change CBear.bcs in your game, one of their lower level scripts. If they really block anything, just kill them.

PS My analysis was done in EET, maybe something is different in BGT but I cannot remember having had any trouble with them in the old game - they seemed to have worked the same in both games.

Edited by Roxanne, 20 November 2016 - 12:18 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#328 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 02:07 PM

Little bit about Sandrah, for the end. It seems that two Greater werebears from Power of imagination ability stay permanently when summoned, I gone back in BG gate area after couple of days and they are still there, partying.

I have again tetsed and examined this issue in my installation (where no tweak changes cvdrubea.cre).

The bear summoned by the spell is a green circled ally who will attack any enemy it sights. I cannot reproduce what you describe, except that they do not get unsummoned (They are one of a number of random helpers the spell may produce and thus have no duration). Looks like something may change CBear.bcs in your game, one of their lower level scripts. If they really block anything, just kill them.

PS My analysis was done in EET, maybe something is different in BGT but I cannot remember having had any trouble with them in the old game - they seemed to have worked the same in both games.

Hmm, as I wrote before, I had some issues also with pack mule in this way when I use summon pack mule ability. Can't control her directly and can't click her ( dialogue icon instead of glove ) but she follows me around if I pick this option via dialogue. About bears, they were green when I first summon them ( just for testing purposes, to see what that spell actually do ) but they were stuck in the place, unmovable and unselectable. When you quit game and load again everything is fine again. Didn't tried that spell again ( don't wanna upset ecological balance of the Realms, Jaheira would kill me  :lol: ). I really don't know why that happened, maybe it was isolated incident, maybe there is some problem with it's bcs. In any case, not serious issue and easy to fix. If I have further problems with that spell I'll let you know.  :)

#329 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:27 PM

Heh, seems that Sandrah's hammer get stuck and I with it. I finally made time to visit Waterdeep again with that piece of cloth completed. There I met Elminster who bade Sandrah to take us into the garden with Mystra's altar. Don't know if there was supposed to happen some cutscene after that, if it was I didn't get it. Anyway, in garden there is nothing of interest and I searched it completely. Then I went in Mystra's temple and tower with her room, still no luck. Sandrah has nothing to say in her PID's.  I found minor bug, by the way, whenever you enter that shack where Khattark escaped with child you can always unlock that chest for some nice cash and winterwolf  pelt over and over again. Similar like that cave in which you enter to demon lair via demon scroll, you can search it  before and after you exit with the fake heart for some nice double loot... 

#330 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:38 PM

Heh, seems that Sandrah's hammer get stuck and I with it. I finally made time to visit Waterdeep again with that piece of cloth completed. There I met Elminster who bade Sandrah to take us into the garden with Mystra's altar. Don't know if there was supposed to happen some cutscene after that, if it was I didn't get it. Anyway, in garden there is nothing of interest and I searched it completely. Then I went in Mystra's temple and tower with her room, still no luck. Sandrah has nothing to say in her PID's.  I found minor bug, by the way, whenever you enter that shack where Khattark escaped with child you can always unlock that chest for some nice cash and winterwolf  pelt over and over again. Similar like that cave in which you enter to demon lair via demon scroll, you can search it  before and after you exit with the fake heart for some nice double loot... 

1. Stuck hammer can be removed either via PID - "Your hammer seems to be stuck" or by letting her cast spiritual hammer.

2. In the garden walk to that altar where you once met Pelligram, near the wall below the pavillion - Check that Global("Formedcloth","GLOBAL",4) when you go there and that you have the finished piece of cloth with you else CreateItem("sanwif")

3. The shack issue has been solved meanwhile (the area was defined like the random encounter areas, i.e. it does not save its status)

4. Same for wolf cave, is corrected already.

The Sandrah Saga

#331 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:04 PM

1. Stuck hammer can be removed either via PID - "Your hammer seems to be stuck" or by letting her cast spiritual hammer.

2. In the garden walk to that altar where you once met Pelligram, near the wall below the pavillion - Check that Global("Formedcloth","GLOBAL",4) when you go there and that you have the finished piece of cloth with you else CreateItem("sanwif")

3. The shack issue has been solved meanwhile (the area was defined like the random encounter areas, i.e. it does not save its status)

4. Same for wolf cave, is corrected already.

1. That was just my lame and obviously bad attempt of humor.  :ROFL:

2. Check and check, in the meantime I checked area and exact location of Mystra's altar with IE, but however when I entered just now with correct global and item ( just like first 2 times ) still there is nothing and nobody here, there is no marker and no container and Sandrah still has nothing to say. 

3. and 4. Glad about that. 

#332 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:14 PM

Just charged and stepped right on that stone.  :P

#333 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:27 PM

The point has a marker, but probably I added it in a later version than yours.

The Sandrah Saga

#334 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:39 PM

The point has a marker, but probably I added it in a later version than yours.

Yes, it looks so. Just checked it again, still nothing, easy to miss this one if you don't know exactly what you are looking for. 

#335 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:24 PM

Two questions for veteran megamod players:

1. Where is Shilo-Chen from NTotSC? Not one from BG1UB ( he is in Elfsong inn if memory serve me right ) as I didn't install it ( or BWS skipped it ) to prevent duplicate content. As I remember from vanilla BG:TotSC she should be near the start of bridge which lead to BG. I already killed her Ogre magi earlier in Peldvale I think. I met all kinds of people at Wyrm crossing ( mostly unpleasant lot ) but not her and I went through right side of the river two times already. 

2. When Vestibule quest from Vault mod should trigger? I remember from old vanilla game that it starts the moment you step in building. I guess this was changed for BGT but I'm already in chapter 4 and nothing yet. Probably I must clear Bandit camp and return afterwards? 

#336 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:28 PM

1. Where is Shilo-Chen from NTotSC? Not one from BG1UB ( he is in Elfsong inn if memory serve me right ) as I didn't install it ( or BWS skipped it ) to prevent duplicate content. As I remember from vanilla BG:TotSC she should be near the start of bridge which lead to BG. I already killed her Ogre magi earlier in Peldvale I think. I met all kinds of people at Wyrm crossing ( mostly unpleasant lot ) but not her and I went through right side of the river two times already. 

2. When Vestibule quest from Vault mod should trigger? I remember from old vanilla game that it starts the moment you step in building. I guess this was changed for BGT but I'm already in chapter 4 and nothing yet. Probably I must clear Bandit camp and return afterwards? 

1. I am curious myself, never solved that riddle and never found that Shilo ever recognised killing of those ogres.

2. It starts only after chapter 4 and when you talk to one of the priests in there

IF
    Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",0)
    GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",4)

The Sandrah Saga

#337 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:50 AM

1. I am curious myself, never solved that riddle and never found that Shilo ever recognised killing of those ogres.

2. It starts only after chapter 4 and when you talk to one of the priests in there

IF
    Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",0)
    GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",4)

Thank you one more time for all your help Roxanne.

1. Found her creature file with IE. It doesn't show her location but I noticed that she doesn't have any dialogue. Some bug perhaps or she is simply deprecated in favor of the same BG1UB  component ( which I didn't install )?

2. It seems that there is nice shortcut to start this quest but I didn't use it yet.  :)

Edited by Greenhorn, 23 November 2016 - 02:56 AM.

#338 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 03:10 AM

Yep, judging from results of digging through NTotSC forum she seems to be deprecated. Wish that I knew this sooner, than I would install BG1UB component. Strange thing though is that I met this farmer guy who warned my party about " garbage being dumped in the forest" and cleared her Ogre magi in Peldvale. Oh, well... 

#339 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:57 AM

1. I am curious myself, never solved that riddle and never found that Shilo ever recognised killing of those ogres

Hmm, from my memory there are two groups of Ogre magi connected with Shilo-Chen's twins.  :P For BG1UB Shilo guy they are located far south and south-west on the Bandit camp map ( close to that ruins ). Speaking of which I hope I would be able to reach it even without Imoen and Henning's rescue ( seems I can't do anything for that guy, Imoen together with Jaheira is long dead  :( and I can't reach Orc prison and that wounded guy in Gullykin without Immy, searched that map completely and done massive Ogre genocide on the way  :devil:  :D ). Reason that I mention this is that I located position of Bandit camp on world map thanks to Zeke and his bandits on the map north of Beregost, but it get erased when we discovered Henning's kidnapping, so I'm little worried, I hope there is no reason for it and that I will infiltrate that bandit's nest in usual way. For Shilo girl her Ogres are located in Peldvale, somewhere on the top left corner of the map. They are invisible of course, so they are easy to miss... 

Edited by Greenhorn, 23 November 2016 - 06:58 AM.

#340 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:49 AM

1. I am curious myself, never solved that riddle and never found that Shilo ever recognised killing of those ogres

Hmm, from my memory there are two groups of Ogre magi connected with Shilo-Chen's twins.  :P For BG1UB Shilo guy they are located far south and south-west on the Bandit camp map ( close to that ruins ). Speaking of which I hope I would be able to reach it even without Imoen and Henning's rescue ( seems I can't do anything for that guy, Imoen together with Jaheira is long dead  :( and I can't reach Orc prison and that wounded guy in Gullykin without Immy, searched that map completely and done massive Ogre genocide on the way  :devil:  :D ). Reason that I mention this is that I located position of Bandit camp on world map thanks to Zeke and his bandits on the map north of Beregost, but it get erased when we discovered Henning's kidnapping, so I'm little worried, I hope there is no reason for it and that I will infiltrate that bandit's nest in usual way. For Shilo girl her Ogres are located in Peldvale, somewhere on the top left corner of the map. They are invisible of course, so they are easy to miss... 

1. You will still be able to go to bandit camp via Teven or What-was-his-name, the two groups in Peldvale and Larswood.

2. Yes, I know those two ogre groups - I just never saw a positive feedback from the Shilo

3. The Gullykin ogres are from the Vault, not from Sandrah, but I connected them in a bit with that sword story from Firewine, so that it appears like a more comprehensive story not just a battle for battle*s sake.

The Sandrah Saga