Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#201 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:03 AM

Dear Roxanne

After beating the cloakwood mines an returning to the surface Sandrah always gives me the "betting on wrong horse lines an leaves the party" . I'm going to try redoing the mines again an what dialog occurs there and answer differently. See if that helps. In the meantime Ive always treated her well etc an have a reputation of 14. Could you maybe list the variables that indicate her mood or how shes been treated and that the romance is dead or inactive?

P.S. we do free the miners and save Henning. Also I'm loving the mod and all its content except for the sudden angry an leaving Sandrah Lastly if you want weidu logs and the like you will sadly have to tell me how to get them since I cant recall how to do it anymore.

Sincerely

tresca

Maybe you missed some of her quests (have you been to Waterdeep yet?) or you did not use the PID dialogues to ask her for her opinions, help etc (or you are an evil character and solved some vanilla quests in an - really, really - evil way, which I doubt due to your rep).

Anyway

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 20 January 2017 - 12:06 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#202 Faenor

Faenor
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:04 AM

I don't know whether your mod has caused an issue or not but since Sandrah mod extends  The Grey Clan I thought I'd ask here for a solution.

Spoiler

#203 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:49 AM

I don't know whether your mod has caused an issue or not but since Sandrah mod extends  The Grey Clan I thought I'd ask here for a solution.

Spoiler

Surely NOT caused by Sandrah. Maybe the engine did not catch all the dying bandits or whatever...To continue:

SetGlobal("BW05_TGC1","GLOBAL",2)
SetGlobal("BW05_BanditAttack","GLOBAL",0)

The Sandrah Saga

#204 Faenor

Faenor
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:03 AM

Thanks for that :).  It turns out only the first command was necessary.

#205 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:07 AM

You should set the second one nonetheless to avoid possible later issues with the mod.

The Sandrah Saga

#206 Faenor

Faenor
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:33 AM

You should set the second one nonetheless to avoid possible later issues with the mod.

Well I've done that but now I've run into another problem:

Spoiler

Edited by Faenor, 20 January 2017 - 08:36 AM.

#207 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:43 AM

Well I've done that but now I've run into another problem:

Spoiler

Again this is NOT caused by Sandrah mod.

Maybe you suffer from this?

Do you have these mods installed

- Spell revisions

- IWDification

According to another report, they seem to *enhance* other mod's spells in the way you describe.

http://www.shsforums...-10#entry592519

Maybe the solution I propose at the very end is helpful for your case.

Otherwise you can try and extract this to your BG2EE/override Attached File  GreyClanSpells.rar   437bytes   111 downloads

Edited by Roxanne, 20 January 2017 - 08:50 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#208 Faenor

Faenor
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:57 AM

Thankyou for the fix, copying over the relevant files to the overide folder allowed things to continue properly :)

#209 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:05 AM

Thankyou for the fix, copying over the relevant files to the overide folder allowed things to continue properly :)

Just for other users to benefit

Did you use BWS for install?

Do you have  - Spell revisions and/or - IWDification installed?

The Sandrah Saga

#210 Faenor

Faenor
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:36 AM

Yes I used BWS for the install and installed Spell Revisions (can't remember if I also installed IWDification or not)

Edit:

Unfortunately I've run into another spell related problem:

Spoiler

Edited by Faenor, 20 January 2017 - 11:57 AM.

#211 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:01 AM

Yes I used BWS for the install and installed Spell Revisions (can't remember if I also installed IWDification or not)

Edit:

Unfortunately I've run into another spell related problem:

Spoiler

Probably the easiest way to repair it would be to go to your BG2EE/TGC1e/Spells folder (or whatever your BG2EE folder is named) - copy the 13 original spells and paste them into BG2EE/override.

(PS - it is better to make a new post than to edit an old one because the edit is not notified and may be missed easily)

Edited by Roxanne, 21 January 2017 - 10:33 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#212 -Blandings-

-Blandings-

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

Hi Roxanne - congratulations on this amazing mod! It adds so much content that it feels like I'm playing a new game. Just wanted to report a few things that may be bugs:

In Waterdeep, during the healing quest (the child with blood disease), both my character and Sandrah die when she is performing the blood transfusion process - since it is a cut scene, there is really nothing I can do to heal myself or Sandrah. Is there something I can do to prevent that? Perhaps there is some precautionary thing I have to do but I don't remember getting any hints about that, Also, whenever, Sandrah tries to resurrect a dead party member, she dies as well. The dialogue option says she will be very weak for a while and I should protect her but she dies after performing resurrection. It looks these two may be related.

In the Festhall , the innkeeper gives me a key to the room where the collector is. The door is trapped and I cant detect or disarm the trap on the door even with 100 in both skills. When I open the door, I get slowed and then held. The slow wears off normally but the 'held' status doesn't wear off and does not go away even when I cast a spell to remove it. I use spell revision mod and I know it makes changes to spells - I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, I don't have any item with free action at the moment. I can test the door again when I do get one.   

#213 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:15 PM

When I open the door, I get slowed and then held. The slow wears off normally but the 'held' status doesn't wear off and does not go away even when I cast a spell to remove it.

I'm just commenting because you mention using SR. The quoted text is the petrification effect, protecting yourself from petrification would help.

I've done the healing quest you mention but not had deaths result from it (or ressurections). You might want to post your weidu.log (paste to pastebin or register & attach).

#214 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:00 PM

Hi Roxanne - congratulations on this amazing mod! It adds so much content that it feels like I'm playing a new game. Just wanted to report a few things that may be bugs:

In Waterdeep, during the healing quest (the child with blood disease), both my character and Sandrah die when she is performing the blood transfusion process - since it is a cut scene, there is really nothing I can do to heal myself or Sandrah. Is there something I can do to prevent that? Perhaps there is some precautionary thing I have to do but I don't remember getting any hints about that, Also, whenever, Sandrah tries to resurrect a dead party member, she dies as well. The dialogue option says she will be very weak for a while and I should protect her but she dies after performing resurrection. It looks these two may be related.

In the Festhall , the innkeeper gives me a key to the room where the collector is. The door is trapped and I cant detect or disarm the trap on the door even with 100 in both skills. When I open the door, I get slowed and then held. The slow wears off normally but the 'held' status doesn't wear off and does not go away even when I cast a spell to remove it. I use spell revision mod and I know it makes changes to spells - I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, I don't have any item with free action at the moment. I can test the door again when I do get one.   

When I open the door, I get slowed and then held. The slow wears off normally but the 'held' status doesn't wear off and does not go away even when I cast a spell to remove it.

I'm just commenting because you mention using SR. The quoted text is the petrification effect, protecting yourself from petrification would help.

I've done the healing quest you mention but not had deaths result from it (or ressurections). You might want to post your weidu.log (paste to pastebin or register & attach).

It looks like some mod you have installed changes the effects of

CLERIC_HOLD_PERSON

WIZARD_FLESH_TO_STONE

and CRUSHING as in

ApplyDamagePercent("CVSandr",70,CRUSHING) obviously this does something that is not working in your install but applies damage until the creature is dead.

Most likely this will not be the only spells *enhanced* in this way. I have no idea how to find the source of those modifications from afar.

For the stuck cutscene all I can propose is this:

Open CVElm3.bcs in NearInfinity and go the the block that starts

Global("SanWDTemplWi","GLOBAL",7)

remove those three lines

ApplyDamagePercent("CVSandr",85,CRUSHING)
        ApplyDamagePercent(Player1,70,CRUSHING)
        Wait(4)

Compile and save - then try again.

For the ressurection issue, go to CVSandra.bcs and change

IF
    Global("SanResurAva","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("SanResurAva","GLOBAL",3)
        IncrementGlobal("SanKillBG1","GLOBAL",15)
        ApplyDamagePercent("CVSandr",70,CRUSHING)
        ApplySpell("CVSandr",CLERIC_HOLD_PERSON) // SPPR208.SPL (Hold Person)
END

If necessary also delete the Hold Person line, but I would first try to maintain this.

PS - Did you use BWS for install? (There may be compatibility issues that new BWS is not yet aware of...)

My concern is, that these issues point to a bigger problem in the installation and are not related to Sandrah directly. Rules, scripts and spells work differently and this may show throughout the whole game - Sandrah's quests are just by chance the earliest occasions to indicate the problem (most other mods or original plots do not use some resources until the BG2 part of the game.)

Edited by Roxanne, 23 January 2017 - 12:16 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#215 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:57 AM

Hi roxanne, Please can you provide me area code where is the captain ship for bookhunter's quest? I was there but Landrel give me quest and I proceed imidiatelly, unfortunately I thought the ability from Sandrah, return from waterdeep takes me back there, but this spell doesnt work.

#216 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:12 AM

Hi roxanne, Please can you provide me area code where is the captain ship for bookhunter's quest? I was there but Landrel give me quest and I proceed imidiatelly, unfortunately I thought the ability from Sandrah, return from waterdeep takes me back there, but this spell doesnt work.

CVPir1

The Sandrah Saga

#217 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:14 AM

thanks :) also if I could ask you, more quest regarding questions I will post here: http://www.shsforums...t-installation/

#218 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:56 AM

Roxanne please could you look and give me clue about quest I noted on mine topic? :)

#219 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:58 AM

Roxanne please could you look and give me clue about quest I noted on mine topic? :)

Done

The Sandrah Saga

#220 Blandings1

Blandings1
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:09 PM

I think SR v4 removes protection from petrification from the game. The level 1 spell is gone and there are no scrolls either. I tested the cleric_hold_person in another location and it does wear off eventually. When I go to sleep I wake up without the effect. I probably just need to wait a lot longer in the festhall for it to wear off. I still don't understand why SR's Remove Paralysis spell doesn't work on cleric_hold_person - but at least the effect wears off by itself.

It looks like some mod you have installed changes the effects of

CLERIC_HOLD_PERSON

WIZARD_FLESH_TO_STONE

and CRUSHING as in

If necessary also delete the Hold Person line, but I would first try to maintain this.

PS - Did you use BWS for install? (There may be compatibility issues that new BWS is not yet aware of...)

My concern is, that these issues point to a bigger problem in the installation and are not related to Sandrah directly. Rules, scripts and spells work differently and this may show throughout the whole game - Sandrah's quests are just by chance the earliest occasions to indicate the problem (most other mods or original plots do not use some resources until the BG2 part of the game.)

I did use BWS for the install and I may have found the mod conflict here. I edited the percentage down in the applypercentage line and everything works as it should as long as damage percentage is below a certain level (<65%). Looks like what was happening previously was that 70 percent damage was actually higher than the max health. I'm using the Scales of Balance mod component 200 (Stat Bonus Overhaul (SBO)and that mod may be adjusting hit point value (based on constitution) using some override script. I'm making some assumptions here but the ApplyDamagePercent line is not accounting for what Scales of Balance mod is doing to hitpoint max.

I hope this is a the issue here and there isn't anything more fundamentally wrong with my install. I'll continue playing and see if I run into more spell related issues. The only spell mod I'm using is Spell Revisions.

It may be good to point out the potential conflict between Sandrah and Scales of Balance component 200.

Thanks for your help.