Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#741 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:59 AM

Thanks!!! :)

Edited by Samriel, 12 September 2017 - 10:59 AM.

#742 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:00 AM

You need the interim for EET. The download comtains two parts, the main and the patch and you install both (in BG2 part).

VaultEET installs in BG2 part as well.

This is a bit lame but one POST last question as I'm about to install the mod. :P

Is Region of Terror in EET now and is it required for full Sandrah experience so to speak?

#743 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:21 AM

This is a bit lame but one POST last question as I'm about to install the mod. :P

Is Region of Terror in EET now and is it required for full Sandrah experience so to speak?

There is an EET version

https://github.com/R...hive/master.zip

It is an optional addition to Sandrah, the advantage with Sandrah is that you can play that mod now without the need to take special party members (Drizzt and friends) into the party for it. It is not adding much content for the Sandrah story itself other than that she triggers a number of dialogues needed to advance the RoT-mod..

Edited by Roxanne, 12 September 2017 - 11:22 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#744 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:27 AM

There is an EET version

It is an optional addition to Sandrah, the advantage with Sandrah is that you can play that mod now without the need to take special party members (Drizzt and friends) into the party for it. It is not adding much content for the Sandrah story itself other than that she triggers a number of dialogues needed to advance the RoT-mod..

Is it compatible with Drizzt Saga mod?

#745 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:31 AM

There is an EET version

Is it compatible with Drizzt Saga mod?

Yes.

The Sandrah Saga

#746 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

Alright, I tried for a manual install with the latest version of Sandrah on Github and the latest versions of all other required mods(as far as I know) but I get an error in the "SandrahNPC for EET Compiles" part and cannot install it.

Sending the debug.

Attached Files

#747 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:47 PM

Alright, I tried for a manual install with the latest version of Sandrah on Github and the latest versions of all other required mods(as far as I know) but I get an error in the "SandrahNPC for EET Compiles" part and cannot install it.

Sending the debug.

Sorry there was a typo just introduced today (and already corrected). You may just replace this file in SandrahNPC/D folder

Attached File  CVSandrJ.d   571.98K   1730 downloads

The Sandrah Saga

#748 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:06 AM

Sorry there was a typo just introduced today (and already corrected). You may just replace this file in SandrahNPC/D folder

attachicon.gifCVSandrJ.d

Nice it worked. :)

Btw when is the last chance to add BG1 content? Is that already after installing EET on BG2 or after finalizing with EET end?

I though to make a copy of my successful install of Sandrah and try to maybe add a few things on an experimental version.

Do you have a list of NPCS from BG1 that did not mess your Sandrah install, perhaps?

Edited by Samriel, 13 September 2017 - 02:11 AM.

#749 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:34 AM

attachicon.gifCVSandrJ.d

Nice it worked. :)

Btw when is the last chance to add BG1 content? Is that already after installing EET on BG2 or after finalizing with EET end?

I though to make a copy of my successful install of Sandrah and try to maybe add a few things on an experimental version.

Do you have a list of NPCS from BG1 that did not mess your Sandrah install, perhaps?

After you run EET, it does not matter what you do in your BGEE. The full modded BG1 part is *imported* into BG2EE by EET and further modded. You play EET games even the BG1 contents from the BG2EE engine and menues. You will have a modded BGEE game to do with it whatever you want, it will never be used again by EET.

There is no BG1 NPC that messes Sandrah, as far as I know. If something messes the game as such of course, then every other mod will have a problem.

Edited by Roxanne, 13 September 2017 - 02:35 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#750 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:48 AM

After you run EET, it does not matter what you do in your BGEE. The full modded BG1 part is *imported* into BG2EE by EET and further modded. You play EET games even the BG1 contents from the BG2EE engine and menues. You will have a modded BGEE game to do with it whatever you want, it will never be used again by EET.

There is no BG1 NPC that messes Sandrah, as far as I know. If something messes the game as such of course, then every other mod will have a problem.

I see, so it means EET cannot be used again on a "updated" BG1 install to add new stuff?

Hmmm, also do you know if RE for BG1 is compatible with Sandrah? I installed it along with a rather big amount of NPCS for both BG1 and BG2(all EET compatible) along with Wheels of Prophecy, Ascalon's Questpack and the Extended Thief and Mage Strongholds but when it came time to install Sandrah I got tons of errors and tried for a almost "just required content" set of mods next time(and now it works).

Also out of pure curiosity: Which NPCS can Sandrah romance or co-romance? I checked in the changelog that Gavin and Ajantis(or he is no longer compatible maybe) got the romance part removed. I seem to recall that Kivan as well but I'm not sure.

Edited by Samriel, 13 September 2017 - 03:36 AM.

#751 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:56 AM

I see, so it means EET cannot be used again on a "updated" BG1 install to add new stuff?

Hmmm, also do you know if RE for BG1 is compatible with Sandrah? I installed it along with a rather big amount of NPCS for both BG1 and BG2(all EET compatible) along with Wheels of Prophecy, Ascalon's Questpack and the Extended Thief and Mage Strongholds but when it came time to install Sandrah I got tons of errors and tried for a almost "just required content" set of mods next time(and now it works).

This is strange. Sandrah is compatible with all the mods you listed. The error may lie somewhere else.

Also out of pure curiosity: Which NPCS can Sandrah romance or co-romance? I checked in the changelog that Gavin and Ajantis(or he is no longer compatible maybe) got the romance part removed. I seem to recall that Kivan as well but I'm not sure.

Gavin and Ajantis are both compatible with Sandrah. Ajantis and Sandrah just have very little to say to each other.

Gavin and Sandrah chat about this and that but no romance.

Sandrah's *romance* with Kivan is more her healer attempt to prevent Kivan from losing his mind over the losses he suffers. Her cure is love, but not in the avarage sense.

More detail about other NPCs is in the readme in the mod folder.

The Sandrah Saga

#752 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:54 AM

This is strange. Sandrah is compatible with all the mods you listed. The error may lie somewhere else.

Gavin and Ajantis are both compatible with Sandrah. Ajantis and Sandrah just have very little to say to each other.

Sandrah's *romance* with Kivan is more her healer attempt to prevent Kivan from losing his mind over the losses he suffers. Her cure is love, but not in the avarage sense.

Could it be due to install order? Like one mod needs to be installed before or after another otherwise it messes it up?

I checked the readme but there is no much in the readme regarding Sandrah romance(s) except the general stuff. No mention which NPCs she can romance, which she can co-romance alongside the PC, requirements for those or anything of the sort. The crossmod list does not expand on that either though isn't it a bit outdated btw? I still see Fade and Tashia despite them not being(from what I recall) compatible anymore. Or does it just concern EET compatibility?

#753 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:12 AM

Could it be due to install order? Like one mod needs to be installed before or after another otherwise it messes it up?

I checked the readme but there is no much in the readme regarding Sandrah romance(s) except the general stuff. No mention which NPCs she can romance, which she can co-romance alongside the PC, requirements for those or anything of the sort. The crossmod list does not expand on that either though isn't it a bit outdated btw? I still see Fade and Tashia despite them not being(from what I recall) compatible anymore. Or does it just concern EET compatibility?

Some mods, e.g.Tashia are not yet compatible/available for EET. The crossmod content in Sandrah is there, so if a mod becomes available it will install. The readme has the stuff that is in the mod even if currently not usable due to missing dependencies.

Sandrah can have romances or flirts or short affairs with Garrick, Coran, Xan, Kivan and some others in BG1, it very much depends on whom you recruit when, what is your own gender or romance you follow etc.

Install order? Are you using your own or BWS?

Here is a short guide for manual install

http://gibberlings3....=50#entry255109

Look at the BWS select.txt for BG2EE even if you do not use BWS yourself, but there is a valid install order. Make sure you use fixpack for a manual install.

Edited by Roxanne, 13 September 2017 - 06:16 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#754 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:29 AM

Sandrah can have romances or flirts or short affairs with Garrick, Coran, Xan, Kivan and some others in BG1, it very much depends on whom you recruit when, what is your own gender or romance you follow etc.

Look at the BWS select.txt for BG2EE even if you do not use BWS yourself, but there is a valid install order. Make sure you use fixpack for a manual install.

Interesting. Can Sandrah also continue some of those romances into BG2(if the NPC in question is available) or start romances/co-romances/threesomes with BG2 NPCs too?

I've used manual install. I tried with BWS first but it couldn't recognize some mods, others it couldn't find in the web and download(while not accepting those I've provided), then finding some problems anyway despite my efforts to making sure that all compatibilities were sorted out while chosing which mods I want. It became more trouble than I expected and I chose a manual install eventually.

Regarding the fixpack you mean the gibberlings BG2 Fixpack or the Big World Fixpack?

I also recall I need to use the Big World Fixpack to patch some NPCs into EET use but the Gibberlings instructions say that those patches must be installed before the NPCS mods themselves. Is that really true or should I install them first and later just patch them?

EDIT: Wait, I think I get it. I just need to unpack the BG2 NPC mods but not install them before I use the Big World Fixpack, right?

No need to install any kind of fixpack before installing any BG1 NPCs?

Edited by Samriel, 13 September 2017 - 06:57 AM.

#755 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:25 AM

Interesting. Can Sandrah also continue some of those romances into BG2(if the NPC in question is available) or start romances/co-romances/threesomes with BG2 NPCs too?

I've used manual install. I tried with BWS first but it couldn't recognize some mods, others it couldn't find in the web and download(while not accepting those I've provided), then finding some problems anyway despite my efforts to making sure that all compatibilities were sorted out while chosing which mods I want. It became more trouble than I expected and I chose a manual install eventually.

Regarding the fixpack you mean the gibberlings BG2 Fixpack or the Big World Fixpack?

Big World fixpack

I also recall I need to use the Big World Fixpack to patch some NPCs into EET use but the Gibberlings instructions say that those patches must be installed before the NPCS mods themselves. Is that really true or should I install them first and later just patch them?

You unpack all the mods without installing. Then you let fixpack do its job. Thereafter you install.

EDIT: Wait, I think I get it. I just need to unpack the BG2 NPC mods but not install them before I use the Big World Fixpack, right?

Right

No need to install any kind of fixpack before installing any BG1 NPCs?

Correct

The Sandrah Saga

#756 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:23 AM

A strange question and sorta off topic: Should I install Gavin for BG1 on my BGEE install or my BGEE2 install? The mod compatibility page on gibberlings says that both the BG1 and BG2 versions should be installed after running EET. Is that a mistake?

I want to add as much BG1 npcs to see how they interact with Sandrah so...

#757 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:39 PM

A strange question and sorta off topic: Should I install Gavin for BG1 on my BGEE install or my BGEE2 install? The mod compatibility page on gibberlings says that both the BG1 and BG2 versions should be installed after running EET. Is that a mistake?

I want to add as much BG1 npcs to see how they interact with Sandrah so...

If a mod contains EET compatibility, it is installed after EET no matter where its contents takes place.

The Sandrah Saga

#758 Barachiel

Barachiel
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

Okay, so I got Sandrah installed with all the recommended mods, except "Dark Horizons" and "Region of Terror". 

Just starting out, and I've just recruited Sandrah.  She's got two scrolls in her inventory that don't have any kind of name or item description beyond the "Usable By" section.  In fact, ALL her equipped items are Redded out, meaning if I remove them, I can't re-equip them.

Also, I'm trying to memorize spells.  It says she knows 5 1st level spells and 2 2nd.  But when I try to select them for memorization, I can only select 4 for 1st Level and none for 2nd level.  Also, the spell lists have some odd duplications.  The 1st level spell list has "Cure Light Wounds" and "Cure Moderate Wounds".  The 2nd Level spell list has "Cure Moderate Wounds" twice. 

*headscratch*  Methinks I bollocksed the installation. 

Edited by Barachiel, 13 September 2017 - 06:34 PM.

#759 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:28 PM

Okay, so I got Sandrah installed with all the recommended mods, except "Dark Horizons" and "Region of Terror". 

Just starting out, and I've just recruited Sandrah.  She's got two scrolls in her inventory that don't have any kind of name or item description beyond the "Usable By" section.  In fact, ALL her equipped items are Redded out, meaning if I remove them, I can't re-equip them.

Also, I'm trying to memorize spells.  It says she knows 5 1st level spells and 2 2nd.  But when I try to select them for memorization, I can only select 4 for 1st Level and none for 2nd level.  Also, the spell lists have some odd duplications.  The 1st level spell list has "Cure Light Wounds" and "Cure Moderate Wounds".  The 2nd Level spell list has "Cure Moderate Wounds" twice. 

*headscratch*  Methinks I bollocksed the installation. 

Yes, something has gone wrong somewhere, most likely with another mod changing items and item usability.

The Sandrah Saga

#760 Barachiel

Barachiel
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:50 AM

Crikey, the BWS install took nearly 3 and a half hours. 

I used the BWS "Recommended" settings, with a couple of additions, but none of them were item-related, unless you count EE_Tweaks adding in a wand case and key ring.  Do you know if any mods on that default setting that would screw up itemization like this?