Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#141 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:26 PM

You pointed me on the right path and it turns out SanNarQ was not set in my globals. Setting it to 1 caused the demon to spawn (the savegame was right there) and killing him caused things to proceed like normal (teleported to his master etc). But maybe the playthrough is already broken (after all i'm in chapter 5 now)? sanpoints is 48, she didn't abandon ship just yet though.

#142 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:46 PM

You pointed me on the right path and it turns out SanNarQ was not set in my globals. Setting it to 1 caused the demon to spawn (the savegame was right there) and killing him caused things to proceed like normal (teleported to his master etc). But maybe the playthrough is already broken (after all i'm in chapter 5 now)? sanpoints is 48, she didn't abandon ship just yet though.

No. You should be fine with this.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#143 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:47 AM

OK so I continued onwards with this playthough but got caught on this. Completed the quest and obtained the shard but struggling to turn it in. TBH despite completing the quest twice already I can't remember specifics like which NPC I turn this in to, so maybe it's on me, but yeah I tried the obvious choices first. Hoping you can advise since I'm getting a bit lost now. I'm just going off the quest journal now, so maybe it's just following that incorrectly. 

#144 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 05:17 AM

You talk to the right guy with the right item in hand....things seem to be messed a bit. Check if Global("SanNarQ","GLOBAL",6).

Did the Fat Man and his Thin Wife meet you?

How did you gain the item?

Maybe there is a bug and you took a way through this quest that is possible but was not foreseen and thus is missing something, (just in case you still remember the sequence of actions you took?).

Edited by Roxanne, 01 January 2017 - 05:21 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#145 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:46 AM

OK I've worked out what where I went wrong.

Spoiler

#146 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:26 AM

OK I've worked out what where I went wrong.

Spoiler

Thanks for all the detail - it is some food for thought.

At least there is a sort of loophole. There should be some *point of no return* in this quest as there comes a time in the PC story where the Sandrah mod should terminate if you never went to Waterdeep, probably another check prior entering Baldur's Gate. I need to look at this again, probably my own variations for testing were biased (thinking that a player would not want to postpone these opportunities for so long).

The Sandrah Saga

#147 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:47 AM

Reached Beregost with no bugs till now.

I've got a few questions if possible:

1. Are there any talks in the current version where Sandrah reacts to or mentions the PCs class? Like asking about his/hers hand to hand skills if Monk or what songs he/she knows as Bard.

2. I do not mind Sandrah's portrait at all but are there any plans for alternate ones during installation? I say so because I noticed how many NPC mods got at least 2 different portraits to choose. Sometimes I choose one and during another playthrough I go with a different one.

3. This one may be a bit weird but...are you the one voicing Sandrah, Roxanne or did you hired some volunteer voice actor? The voice is pretty good and rather fitting :)

Edited by Samriel, 09 January 2017 - 06:49 AM.

#148 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:35 AM

Reached Beregost with no bugs till now.

I've got a few questions if possible:

1. Are there any talks in the current version where Sandrah reacts to or mentions the PCs class? Like asking about his/hers hand to hand skills if Monk or what songs he/she knows as Bard.

There is such a talk between Sandrah and Imoen during BG1 part

2. I do not mind Sandrah's portrait at all but are there any plans for alternate ones during installation? I say so because I noticed how many NPC mods got at least 2 different portraits to choose. Sometimes I choose one and during another playthrough I go with a different one.

There is an alternate that is switched automatically when you are turned drow in the Underdark. Sandrah not only changes her skin colour but also the darker sides of her personality become more obvious.

Otherwise there is none, I have not found any matching one and I am no artist myself. When I write NPC dialogues I have a specific face and voice in mind - the one you see is how I see Sandrah.

3. This one may be a bit weird but...are you the one voicing Sandrah, Roxanne or did you hired some volunteer voice actor? The voice is pretty good and rather fitting :)

It is not my voice - actually Sandrah is not voiced except for those phrases for standard situations (hurt, selected, tired, attack etc) that are coded in the cre file. There are things simply beyond my skills (or things I just care less for...)

Edited by Roxanne, 09 January 2017 - 08:36 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#149 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

Hmmm, one more thing if it isn't too much trouble. Do you have a list of all major things/quests with Sandrah that the PC has to deal with to max her approval, learn her full story and get her for RtF? I think you gave me something like that long ago but I cannot find it anywhere *blush*

Edited by Samriel, 09 January 2017 - 11:02 AM.

#150 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:23 AM

Hmmm, one more thing if it isn't too much trouble. Do you have a list of all major things/quests with Sandrah that the PC has to deal with to max her approval, learn her full story and get her for RtF? I think you gave me something like that long ago but I cannot find it anywhere *blush*

I have no such list, there are a few hints in the readme. Much of it is obvious if you just play the game *normally* and make your decisions not TOO extreme. Many things trigger/continue when you initiate dialogue with her (PID). There is more than one way to play with her, there is no ideal/ultimate path.

PS Maybe you meant this

Attached File  Sandrah NPC in BG1_Not a Walkthrough.txt   15.79K   497 downloads

I have not checked it for a long time and it may not fully reflect the current status (it was just a list of initial ideas for my own reference).

Edited by Roxanne, 09 January 2017 - 11:27 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#151 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:19 PM

I have no such list, there are a few hints in the readme. Much of it is obvious if you just play the game *normally* and make your decisions not TOO extreme. Many things trigger/continue when you initiate dialogue with her (PID). There is more than one way to play with her, there is no ideal/ultimate path.

PS Maybe you meant this

attachicon.gifSandrah NPC in BG1_Not a Walkthrough.txt

I have not checked it for a long time and it may not fully reflect the current status (it was just a list of initial ideas for my own reference).

Thanks!! :) *hugs*

Edited by Samriel, 09 January 2017 - 12:19 PM.

#152 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:09 PM

Ah, I recall how there was a sort of "romance" and a big quest with Jen'lig. How did one get started with these?

#153 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:46 PM

Ah, I recall how there was a sort of "romance" and a big quest with Jen'lig. How did one get started with these?

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#154 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:04 AM

Alternative portrait for Sandrah

I have been asked now quite often for an alternative portrait of my NPC (even if I can find nothing wrong with her original one). Anyhow, it is quite hard to find one that really matches her character (the Waterdeep Mary-Sue with the wickedness of Cyric's granddaughter), but here is an attempt.

Original portrait

Attached File  CVsandL.bmp   132.01K   201 downloads

Underdark portrait after Adalon turns her to drow

Attached File  SanDroL.bmp   132.01K   148 downloads

Alternative portrait

Attached File  CVsandN.bmp   132.02K   170 downloads

If you want to change her looks, extract this into override

Attached File  SanPortAlt1.zip   262.52K   124 downloads

Edited by Roxanne, 10 January 2017 - 04:07 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#155 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:31 PM

Error in my most recent EET install attempt:

ERROR: processing .D actions [SandrahNPC/D/SanPartings.d]: Invalid_argument("index out of bounds")

SanPartings.d:

Spoiler

The original IMOENP.DLG from SoD only has 4 states.  BG1NPC component 16 (NPCs can be sent to wait at inns) adds the expected target state, I think -- should be added to Sandrah's install check predicates.

Also, minor nitpick:

Installing [SandrahNPC Check for required Installation] [v2.03.b]

The Region of Terror Mod is required - please install first!

This doesn't actually stop the install, so "required" is not accurate any more.  Perhaps this line should be removed and RoT added to the list of optional mods shown immediately after?

Edited by agb1, 10 January 2017 - 04:32 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#156 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:58 PM

Error in my most recent EET install attempt:

ERROR: processing .D actions [SandrahNPC/D/SanPartings.d]: Invalid_argument("index out of bounds")

SanPartings.d:

Spoiler

The original IMOENP.DLG from SoD only has 4 states.  BG1NPC component 16 (NPCs can be sent to wait at inns) adds the expected target state, I think -- should be added to Sandrah's install check predicates.
Yes it should. Probably an oversight.
But
In Sandrah's tp2 there is also this check
ACTION_IF NOT (FILE_CONTAINS ~WeiDU-BGEE.log~ ~BG1NPC\.tp2. #[0-9]+ #16 ~) BEGIN
  FAIL  @894
END
Why did this not trigger?
Or did a new version of the mod re-number components?

Also, minor nitpick:

Installing [SandrahNPC Check for required Installation] [v2.03.b]

The Region of Terror Mod is required - please install first!

This doesn't actually stop the install, so "required" is not accurate any more.  Perhaps this line should be removed and RoT added to the list of optional mods shown immediately after?

Good hint, I will do that.

Edited by Roxanne, 10 January 2017 - 11:07 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#157 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:50 AM

-

Edited by Roxanne, 11 January 2017 - 11:34 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#158 Faenor

Faenor
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:47 AM

I've been playing through a new EET install with Sandrah and Finch in my party, things had been going very smoothly and was impressed with all the crossmod content.  We've reached Waterdeep and just had a meal in the swanky restaurant - minor bug there it played Battle music throughout that scene which definitly didn't fit the mood of the scene :D - but as we exited we were greeted by Clarissa Bloomwhiffler, a Priestess of Deneir who is a friend of Finch.  They have a nice conversation but after that Clarissa keeps greeting us and initiating the same dialogue sequence between her and Finch.  We can't get away from her, she even follows us into other buildings (and other sections of Waterdeep)and are now being stalked by one of Finch's friends initialing the same dialogue whenever she catches up to us.

How do I fix this issue?  (Short of killing her and given that my party is purely good aligned that would break character)

Edit: I seem to have got her stuck inside the Temple of Splendor she didn't follow us back out of there again so she can stay there for the time being, if we reenter she still forcegreets us but she doesn't follow us back out.

Edited by Faenor, 11 January 2017 - 06:06 AM.

#159 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:50 AM

I've been playing through a new EET install with Sandrah and Finch in my party, things had been going very smoothly and was impressed with all the crossmod content.  We've reached Waterdeep and just had a meal in the swanky restaurant - minor bug there it played Battle music throughout that scene which definitly didn't fit the mood of the scene :D - but as we exited we were greeted by Clarissa Bloomwhiffler, a Priestess of Deneir who is a friend of Finch.  They have a nice conversation but after that Clarissa keeps greeting us and initiating the same dialogue sequence between her and Finch.  We can't get away from her, she even follows us into other buildings (and other sections of Waterdeep)and are now being stalked by one of Finch's friends initialing the same dialogue whenever she catches up to us.

How do I fix this issue?  (Short of killing her and given that my party is purely good aligned that would break character)

Edit: I seem to have got her stuck inside the Temple of Splendor she didn't follow us back out of there again so she can stay there for the time being, if we reenter she still forcegreets us but she doesn't follow us back out.

SetGlobal("Bloomw","GLOBAL",8 8) should stop her from pestering you.

But...you will need her later for some other quests - and for that she needs to be in her bookshop (the house west of that expensive restaurant).

For this you will need to add this to the bottom of Bloomw.bcs

IF
Global("Bloomw","GLOBAL", 8)
!AreaCheck("CVEBS1")
Global("Imustmove","LOCALS",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("Imustmove","LOCALS",1)
EscapeAreaMove("CVEBS1",294,355,5)
END

If you have a problem doing it yourself, copy this file into your gamefolder/override

Attached File  BLOOMW.BCS   2.41K   151 downloads

Edit if you write eight) in this editor, you get a 8) smiley, i.e. the smileys are number eight followed by bracket.

PS - Once Clarissa is in her shop, go and talk to her again to get Finch's quest.

Edited by Roxanne, 11 January 2017 - 08:17 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#160 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:20 AM

BWS is not fetching the latest Sandrah version if there is an older version already in the BWS downloads folder, because the GitHub master-branch package name doesn't change and the server is not returning a size.

Roxanne, any chance you could start creating GitHub releases so GitHub will generate packages with unique names (commit ID)?

Edited by agb1, 11 January 2017 - 08:41 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip