Photo

I am looking for a solution due to a bug in Watcer's Keep.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:58 AM

Initial analysis (from the pre-lolfixer days) and horred's revised code (which is currently in the lolfixer) - might wanna take a second look now...

EDIT: This notes that SpellCastInnateRES is broken

-Trigger 0x00A7 SpellCastInnateRES(S:Spell,O:Object) is broken. The spell field is never actually checked so casting any innate spell will return true.

Also, no plans for lolEEfixer yet from my side... although anyone interested is always encouraged :cheers: (there was an effort made recently)

Edited by Lollorian, 04 December 2016 - 06:18 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#22 khelban12

khelban12
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:20 AM

SpellCastInnateRES("SPIN592",[ANYONE])

I changed that line to this (from the original script):

SpellCastInnate([ANYONE],HELM_RITUAL_SCROLL)

Please tell me if it works for you.

I had the same problem. The lolfixer change to RES causes the script to be triggered as soon you enter the outside area of WK and then you get the XP and the doors are closed. I do not know what is the problem but i traced it to the "ANYONE" identifier. If i change the line to say "SpellCastInnateRES("SPIN592",[GOODCUTOFF])" then it works correctly and the script only triggers when my character casts the ritual scroll.

#23 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:02 AM

Lollorian's third link indicates that the SpellCastInnateRES trigger is fixed by TobEx. But TobEx was installed here and the problem still occurred. khelban12 - you were using TobEx also, correct?

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#24 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:07 AM

Header in the third link says:

Things not yet fixed by TobEx (some of these may need confirming)

ToBEx doesn't fix it... Also refer this thread for more details

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#25 khelban12

khelban12
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:24 AM

Lollorian's third link indicates that the SpellCastInnateRES trigger is fixed by TobEx. But TobEx was installed here and the problem still occurred. khelban12 - you were using TobEx also, correct?

Yes, of course. TobEx, G3 Fixpack and everything.

#26 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:27 AM

I missed that "not fixed by" header in the TobEx post. Thanks Lollorian!

Read some of the other threads. Seems the [GOODCUTOFF] change might still trigger from any innate cast in the area, not just from the ritual. khelban12 - any chance you could try casting a different innate in that area to see if it triggers?

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#27 khelban12

khelban12
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:01 AM

Read some of the other threads. Seems the GOODCUTOFF change might still trigger from any innate cast in the area, not just from the ritual. khelban12 - any chance you could try casting a different innate in that area to see if it triggers?
So if i understood it correctly, the "SPIN592" parameter gets ignored and any spell cast by goodcutoff (or by anyone) make the trigger return true ? If yes, then why does it trigger upon entering the area without having cast anything ?

Anyway, what spell do you want me to cast ? Are the bhaalspawn abilities like draw upon holy might and stuff sufficient ?

Edit: You are correct. I got the experience with "casting" poison weapon from an assassin. I guess i never tried to cast any spell outside so i thought that with goodcutoff it works fine.

wkspellres.png

Edited by khelban12, 04 December 2016 - 11:12 AM.

#28 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:49 AM

Thanks for confirming that.  So to summarize:

- We only want it to trigger if the correct innate (SPIN592) is cast.

- Therefore, we must use the original SpellCastInnate() trigger, not SpellCastInnateRES(), because the RES form doesn't actually pay attention to the RES parameter

- However, SpellCastInnate() will only trigger if the level of SPIN592 in the SPL file is 5 (matching the 5xx resource name)

- Lolfixer changes the level of most (all?) innates (including this one?) to level 1 to prevent crashes if the innate is cast from scripts

- We don't need to worry about this particular innate being cast from scripts - it only has a very specific purpose and is only cast by the player

So in conclusion:  the original script and SPL were fine, and we can solve this in the future by having Lolfixer not change them.  Right?

Edit:  Actually, if Lolfixer is changing the level of the innate (I'm not sure about this part but it seems a reasonable assumption), then we expect SpellCastInnate() would fail.  That means that the reverted AR3000.BCS that I gave to ojbllny will not actually work either.  Instead of always firing (incorrectly), it will now never fire (also incorrect).

Edited by agb1, 04 December 2016 - 11:53 AM.

#29 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:39 PM

Edit:  Actually, if Lolfixer is changing the level of the innate (I'm not sure about this part but it seems a reasonable assumption) ...
The reason why it does this is that as the innate spells spell level is ALWAYS 1, nothing else will do. Because they are innate spells, they only have one level to put spells into. So for script casted and thus detectable spells, need to be named as spin1yz.spl -files... where the y and z is what ever.
The others can be used by spells that don't need to be detected... or that use the Detectable Spells effect attachments.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.