New HLA tables

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#161 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 09:14 AM

There was a clerical/druidic spell that never made it into the final release of SoA called Control Weather. They even drew icons for it, you can find it using any editor programs. ;)
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#162 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 20 April 2004 - 10:29 AM

Actually it is called "Spacewarp", not control weather. I came up with a list of spells that were meant to be implemented into BG2, but never made it. They will be implemented in LC.

http://www.teambg.ne...showtopic=13130

-Galactygon

#163 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 12:30 PM

So, what's the idea : what do you say about a Lunar Stance without the immunity to Time Stop (because that seemed to upset you). I insist so much about this because Lunar Stance, as it is described in Oversight MOD, seems to me a very appropriate ability for the monk (it suits perfectly to the monk's style).

You convinced me Feanor, I'll replace the 2 Deathblows with slightly modified Stances (Shadow, Solar, Lunar). They won't be as powerful as the versions Balthazar uses, but still, they'll be a great addition to any monk.

What do you say about something like this (those are inspired by Kiara-Zaiya Mod, I don't know if you have played the mod

Actually, I am responsible for the alternate monk table in the K&Z mod, just as I'm responsible for some of the innates like Snake Stance... :rolleyes:

Actually it is called "Spacewarp", not control weather

Are you referring to the spell clerical spell that uses the sppr716 icons Galactygon?

I came up with a list of spells that were meant to be implemented into BG2, but never made it. They will be implemented in LC.

Just as in Refinements (Spell Revision component). ;) Sorry for the counter-advertising, but since LC will be incompatible with Refinements, I have to add it.
Posted Image

#164 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 20 April 2004 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, SPPR716 is supposed to be spacewarp.

Look at string reference #2575 (IIRC, that is) and you will see that it was meant to be in there. ;)

-Galactygon

#165 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 01:34 PM

OK, thanks for the info Galactygon!
Posted Image

#166 Jinnai

Jinnai

Bye Sanzo! You'll play with me again next time?

• 377 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 02:39 PM

As in call lightning?

Or as in, gee, I wish it would rain?

Actually the latter, but like i said, its not the best for BG2. It would be better for pnp. Because it would be such a wimpy one it could be used as prerequite for other ones and be used as many times as a person wants per day.

Some of the prequisite stuff would be like Summon Monsoon, Summon Tornado/Hurricane, Summon Blizzard.

Although this has made me think...there could be stuff like Sizemic Earthqake, Volcanic Eruption, etc.

It would be intersing if some of them were based on where you were, but that's not nessary (except maybe for certain inside locations)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#167 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 11:04 PM

Although this has made me think...there could be stuff like Sizemic Earthqake, Volcanic Eruption, etc.

Um, hint: take a look at the new druid HLA Volcano... :rolleyes:

Actually the latter, but like i said, its not the best for BG2. It would be better for pnp. Because it would be such a wimpy one it could be used as prerequite for other ones and be used as many times as a person wants per day.

As you say, it would be better for pnp, I don't think it is worth too much work for BG2.
Posted Image

#168 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 12:55 AM

A few HLA ideas for v2's HLA System:
- Improved Critical for most melee oriented classes;
- Cleave for Fighters;
- Stances for Monks;
Posted Image

#169 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 03:56 AM

A few HLA ideas for v2's HLA System:
- Improved Critical for most melee oriented classes;
- Cleave for Fighters;
- Stances for Monks;

Great ideas, Maestro, think also at a lesser Lunar Stance (I don't give up at all, don't you think ? he he... :D

#170 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 04:01 AM

Great ideas, Maestro,

Thanks! ;)

think also at a lesser Lunar Stance

It will have the same attributes as the original Lunar Stance, but Immunity to Timestop will be replaced by a few other immunities (maze, blindness, etc.).
Posted Image

#171 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:25 AM

Hi again, Maestro ! I have some ideas for version two (you choose) :

- Piercing Strike : monk's attacks ignore all magical protection of the target for 1 round (except for Absolute Immunity) ; I mean monk's attacks do normal damage even if the mage has stoneskin, protection from magical weapons, mantle or something like this.
- Decaying Fist : every hit lowers target's AC and THAC0 with 2 for 1-2 rounds.

#172 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:13 AM

I think we should limit the maximum number of different HLAs for one class/kit in 15. Monks have about 11 HLAs at the moment. If we remove the two Deathblows and add the 3 Stances, that means 12 in total. I would like to add a new ability called Inner Time, so we have 2 slots left.

I would like to use these free slots to add a 'good' and 'evil' HLA for them - one for good alligned, and one for evil aligned characters. The 'evil' HLA would be something like Finger of Venom, using Jinnai's ideas and suggestions. The 'good' HLA is still open for discussion.

About your ideas, I don't see Decaying Fists as a truly monkish ability - why would a monks fist spread decay? Gromnir has some melee effects like that, but those are Bhaalpowers, and they are much more fitting that way IMO. Not to mention that this is an evil ability indeed, and that slot is already occupied by Jinnai's suggestion at the moment.
About Piercing Strike - it sounds good, but we might have a few problems implementing it. Stoneskin can only be pierced by elemental or magical attacks, no physical damage would ever go through it. Another problem with this one is that it would become completely useless once the monk's fists are upgraded to +4. Those fists penetrate Mantle and I.Mantle without any further enchantments. The only option to make it work is to set those fists to act as +5 weapons, but this would penetrate A.Immunity as well - while it would be blocked by PfMW, which blocks all magical melle attacks.
Posted Image

#173 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:31 AM

Only +6 weapons penetrate Absolute Immunity. (I know the manual says otherwise; the manual is wrong.)
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#174 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 02:01 PM

Indeed, thanks for pointing this out for the 99th time Kish - I always forget it! :D
Posted Image

#175 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:06 AM

- Stances for Monks;

What stances do you have in mind, Maestro ?

#176 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:13 AM

Right now I think I'll simply revise and add the 3 "official" Stances in the following order: Shadow-Lunar-Solar.
In addition monks will receive Inner Time, and 'good' and an 'evil' HLA as well.
Posted Image

#177 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:42 AM

Right now I think I'll simply revise and add the 3 "official" Stances in the following order: Shadow-Lunar-Solar.

I knew the Shadow Stance as a kind of improved invisibility. Isn't it a little bit weak for a HLA ?

#178 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:10 AM

Weak?! Hmm, maybe you don't know exactly what it does:
- It grants normal (weak) invisibility for 12 seconds;
- It grants improved invisibility for 24 seconds (-4 AC bonus);
- It grants an extra -6 AC bonus for 12 seconds;
- The monk is immune to Divination for 12 seconds.

Quite a powerful ability, if you ask me - when combined with Evasion/Chant for example, the monk can gain a massive AC bonus, or a good AC bonus with heavy physical resistances. ;)

(I was always shocked at the fact that Alan M.C. added my modified Shadow Stance HLA as a normal innate to Kiara at a low level... :blink: )
Posted Image

#179 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:23 AM

- It grants an extra -6 AC bonus for 12 seconds;
- The monk is immune to Divination for 12 seconds.

Ups, I forgot those things... :D By the way, is there a thread where we can read the descriptions of the improvement you want to add for version 2 ?

#180 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 02:05 AM

By the way, is there a thread where we can read the descriptions of the improvement you want to add for version 2 ?

No descriptions available yet for future components or improvements. Once v1 is out, we'll start to prepare for the work on the next version and its possible components. We will post details then ;) .

But if you are curious, simply ask me, and I'll answer to the best of my knowledge about any future improvements.
Posted Image