Photo

BWS install - Failed components

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Faenor

Faenor
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:28 PM

Ok I've managed to get past that point by forcing BWS to use version 240 of Weidu.  It then breaks down on Region of Terror:

Spoiler

I was able to fix this one though by downloading this fixed version from this thread, extracting it to my Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition folder and then choosing retry.

After that it proceeds normally for a while but then breaks down on the Romance Cheats section of the Tweaks Anthology mod:

Spoiler

I choose to continue since that is not a critically important mod for me but then it reaches Sword Coast Strategems and completely fails the initialization step so it won't install any part of the mod:

Spoiler

Not having SCS is pretty much a deal breaker, there's no way I can play without this mod, purely on the AI Scripting part alone means this mod is a must have for me, not sure how I go about fixing these errors, as I've defintely used version 30 of SCS previously.

Edited by Faenor, 19 June 2017 - 03:09 PM.

#22 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:38 AM

Ok I've managed to get past that point by forcing BWS to use version 240 of Weidu.  It then breaks down on Region of Terror:

Spoiler

I was able to fix this one though by downloading this fixed version from this thread, extracting it to my Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition folder and then choosing retry.

After that it proceeds normally for a while but then breaks down on the Romance Cheats section of the Tweaks Anthology mod:

Spoiler

I choose to continue since that is not a critically important mod for me but then it reaches Sword Coast Strategems and completely fails the initialization step so it won't install any part of the mod:

Spoiler

Not having SCS is pretty much a deal breaker, there's no way I can play without this mod, purely on the AI Scripting part alone means this mod is a must have for me, not sure how I go about fixing these errors, as I've defintely used version 30 of SCS previously.

>> RoT - use only the main component, everything else causes trouble in EE

>> SCS

Did you try this?

Pause BWS

Start SCS install manually (run Setup-stratagems.exe in the BG2EE directory)

Continue BWS

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#23 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:06 AM

Hey Roxanne, I've tested the method you described and no luck on the SCS install(same error). My logic for the pause was to try and get around the out of memory issue.

It's been reported already. http://gibberlings3....=28#entry254127

Edited by Hack'N'Slash, 20 June 2017 - 01:08 AM.

#24 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:16 AM

Hey Roxanne, I've tested the method you described and no luck on the SCS install(same error). My logic for the pause was to try and get around the out of memory issue.

It's been reported already. http://gibberlings3....=28#entry254127

Reporting it to SCS is probably the best way to do. I checked in BWS and nothing has been changed last months with respect to SCS there.

The Sandrah Saga

#25 Faenor

Faenor
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:06 AM

The Region of Terror mod only has one component in the mod selection list.  So the only way to prevent the Level 50 component to be installed is to use the patch I linked in the previous comment, which must be extracted by hand.   Perhaps it would be better to have BWS to link to that particular working version.

I think there might be an issue between the Fixpack and SCS as the Fixpack is an essential mod for SCS but it currently seems a little broken in that many of it's fixes require manual input due to it being out of date compared to the mods it is fixing, hence seeing several errors during installation about not finding the expected version of a particular mod and asking if you still want to patch, I select yes for all of these but I do wonder if that ends up having a knock on effect on SCS.   This is because SCS was last updated in 2015 and I have played a modded installation with version 30 of SCS that installed without issues with BWS last year.

#26 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:22 AM

The Region of Terror mod only has one component in the mod selection list.  So the only way to prevent the Level 50 component to be installed is to use the patch I linked in the previous comment, which must be extracted by hand.   Perhaps it would be better to have BWS to link to that particular working version.

I think there might be an issue between the Fixpack and SCS as the Fixpack is an essential mod for SCS but it currently seems a little broken in that many of it's fixes require manual input due to it being out of date compared to the mods it is fixing, hence seeing several errors during installation about not finding the expected version of a particular mod and asking if you still want to patch, I select yes for all of these but I do wonder if that ends up having a knock on effect on SCS.   This is because SCS was last updated in 2015 and I have played a modded installation with version 30 of SCS that installed without issues with BWS last year.

Those are valid assumptions and proposals. You may be aware that the former maintainers of BWS have either vanished or kind of semi-withdrawn due to RL tasks. Nobody currently seems to understand those deeper features of BWS and can safely do these updates.

Some modders have done what was necessary for their own mods as far as this is possible but for those more complex issues like fixpack vs versions vs SCS nobody has the knowledge to take overall responsibility.

Edited by Roxanne, 20 June 2017 - 02:25 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#27 ydfhdsfh

ydfhdsfh
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

Hi i have the same error installing Romance Cheats from cdtweaks 

Installing [Romance Cheats] [v1]
Remove racial requirements for romances? (Select 1 or 2)
ERROR: cannot convert romance_racial_requirements or %romance_racial_requirements% to an integer

Spoiler

SCS installed normally, i think the error Faenor has above, is due to bg2:ee v2.0 ( https://forums.beamd...-compability/p2 ). But like said i used BWS today, and it installed normally.

Edited by ydfhdsfh, 11 July 2017 - 06:20 PM.

#28 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:17 PM

RE CDTweaks error. If you have checked the read me file it'll tell you what you need to do. Just open the TXT file and make your selections.

#29 ydfhdsfh

ydfhdsfh
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:21 PM

RE CDTweaks error. If you have checked the read me file it'll tell you what you need to do. Just open the TXT file and make your selections.

You mean this?

cdtweaks.txt

A handful of components will
otherwise pause WeiDU and wait for input; defining these values ahead of time in this 
file will instead use the values defined here instead of waiting on user input in the
middle of installation.
i mean this one above is an error, not user input waiting for a selection.

Edited by ydfhdsfh, 11 July 2017 - 11:22 PM.

#30 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:00 AM

Select 1 or 2

User answer: "a"

?

The Sandrah Saga

#31 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:53 AM

Read a few lines down and if you want the romance cheats change the 0's to 1's.  Save, reinstall and it should work.

#32 ydfhdsfh

ydfhdsfh
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:03 AM

Select 1 or 2

?

Thanks, this probably is the error, i assume the dialog field asked for "a" or "b". Can't say without reinstalling the whole thing.

#33 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:24 AM

Select 1 or 2

?

Thanks, this probably is the error, i assume the dialog field asked for "a" or "b". Can't say without reinstalling the whole thing.

NO ! The dialog asks for 1 or 2, and it's given a... DAH. Dududutszzz...

The answers probably come from a .txt file or similar, which the BWS ties to the install during the setup...

Edited by The Imp, 13 July 2017 - 01:27 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#34 ydfhdsfh

ydfhdsfh
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:26 AM

Select 1 or 2

?

NO ! The dialog asks for 1 or 2, and it's given a... DAH. Dududutszzz...

the dialog iirc, asked for (s)kip, (q)uit or ®etry. The "a" was likely entered by the autoinstaller, that's why it failed for me and the guy above.

#35 ydfhdsfh

ydfhdsfh
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:31 AM

For the record you make the selection between the choices in the BWS screen, before the installation process, and it's a checkbox one.

#36 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:18 AM

For the record you make the selection between the choices in the BWS screen, before the installation process, and it's a checkbox one.
For the record, the selection of the romance options, was previously at least a a-b selection in the mod itself, which the BWS had to respond with a textual insert via a file, if the component was selected to be installed as it was a single component... this has been a bane in the BWS back for a long time with the weidu's ACTION_READLN functionality. And the BWS current maintainer has requested edits to it ... for the record. And encourages mod makers to not use it.

Edited by The Imp, 13 July 2017 - 07:22 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.