Photo

VC and NeJ3 - final releases

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:08 AM

To those who would like to try the compilation of my mods and fixes and NeJ3 (third edition), I can provide the shared links at my Google drive. Just pm your email to me. The installations should be compatible with most of the WeIDU mods here, but my request is to install VC and NeJ3 first (VC first, then NeJ3). There are still several very minor issues, which may be noticed by only demanding veteran players and professional beta-testers  :D , but I am not sure I'll fix them in future. It seems I'm done with the BG modding. This year is a 20 anniversary of my BG modding. :huh:  I think it's enough. Anyone who wants to adapt VC and NeJ3 to other installations (BP, BWP, EE etc.) is free to do so without my involvement. I don't claim any property, just ask credits. Good luck.

Ah, forgot to add, it's of course fully compatible with BGT-WeiDU.

Edited by Vlad, 19 July 2017 - 03:17 AM.

#2 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:36 AM

This year is a 20 anniversary of my BG modding. :huh:

i uh

i have questions

hblrc.png

#3 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:39 AM

In the beginning, it was Fallout.  :lol:

#4 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:08 AM

To those who would like to try the compilation of my mods and fixes and NeJ3 (third edition)

That's great, Never ending Journey and Tortured Souls are 2 excellents mods

Thank you for that :cheers:

Anyone who wants to adapt VC and NeJ3 to other installations (BP, BWP, EE etc.) is free to do so

And thank you for that too

#5 Cahir

Cahir
  • Modder
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:58 PM

Vlad do you plan to put this compilation at BWL or is it just available per request?

And thank you for all of modding work you have done during these 20 years!

#6 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:47 AM

I'll put it when I have time. In the meantime, no problems to download from my Gmail. You're welcome.

Just want to add that there is some new area graphics. All credits for the new area graphics are to very talented Yura Popov.

Edited by Vlad, 20 July 2017 - 01:28 AM.

#7 Demtrek

Demtrek
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

Humm, I tried your mods a year or so ago with a "Tactics" install using BWS, Trilogy.   OMG there were so many problems......such as...

Rothgars text showing up in Hobgoblin battle cries.

Transistions in Hand Broken

Transistions in Mage School Broken

Once the time dude sent me back to current time, key story creatures were not spawning to advance story line....(so long ago I cant remember names)

Orc camp for Dar not spawning

So if I am reading this correctly, these are fixed?  And it is fully compatible with a mega install?   (meaning there are only small bugs, no game advancement ending bugs)

#8 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:52 AM

with a "Tactics" install using BWS, Trilogy

Well, you may equally try fuelling your car with a crude oil and think that you can go.

#9 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

I'm aware what NeJ means (Never Ending Journey) but what is the full name of the "VC" mod? It's not mentioned in the topic.

#10 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:40 PM

...plus some smaller mods, such as Third Path, Slavers in Action, Semi-Multiple Strongholds and other enhancements and items update.

#11 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:51 PM

It is now available for download from BWL:

Vlad's Compilation

Never Ending Journey - Third Edition, v7.02

Edited by Vlad, 23 July 2017 - 09:55 PM.

#12 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:40 PM

It seems I'm done with the BG modding. This year is a 20 anniversary of my BG modding. :huh:  I think it's enough.

We didn't exactly see eye to eye about how modding should be conducted, but regardless of that NEJ featured the best story of all the mods I have seen, it had an actual intrigue going on. Thanks for that, and good luck to you, Vlad.

Retired from modding.

#13 -Curtis-

-Curtis-

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:48 AM

Thanks Vlad. NEJ3 is the best mod for BG IMHO.  Will look forward to playing this 'final' version of your work.

#14 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:36 AM

Is there any possibility of NEJ3 and VC becoming EET-compatible? I *think* I remember reading about NEJ having something to do with Icewind Dale, so I don't know if it would conflict with IWD-in-EET or not when it's released. But if it's possible, I'd love to have the chance to check out NEJ3 and Tortured Souls =)

#15 -Gast-

-Gast-

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:20 AM

Thank you, Vlad!

So, he is out of Business. Others might help. There goes a german fix-pack along with the mod. Text corrections. Some tra-files are easy to correct (correct the corrections), but my question is: how to deal with the replace.d- file, that is used for corrections, too? I learnt back in the days, never touch .d-files. What are the consequences, changing text between the tildes? Am I restricted to the string lenght? Thank you, in advance!

#16 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:17 AM

There will be one more version of VC and NeJ3 including the fixes based on the most current reports from the players. I have also included my Item Upgrade by Cromwell and some other new features. I'm also tempted to include HoW part, which I have converted some time ago, but there is no plot justification for that. 

#17 Miksip

Miksip
  • 50 posts

Donator

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:49 AM

How should i install this compilation in a megamod? BWP v17 have records about TS but nothing about your compilation.

P.S. Don't listen to The Imp - it is voice of the Devil.

#18 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:36 AM

How should i install this compilation in a megamod? BWP v17 have records about TS but nothing about your compilation.
You'll wait for the BWS or BWP to include it in the compilation, and have it compatible with a mod.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#19 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:37 PM

Currently I am working on compatibility between VC and BWP however it's no easy task so it will take a while.

#20 Miksip

Miksip
  • 50 posts

Donator

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:45 PM

@The Imp

@Leonardo Watson

Thanks for your reply.

Guess i will try to install it before NeJ and see what happens.

P.S. Don't listen to The Imp - it is voice of the Devil.