VC and NeJ3 - final releases

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 Senka

Senka
  • Modder
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:00 AM

Look for Botomless Bag of Holding inside Baldurdash and VCv10 tp2 and you will see it.

Actually it never work

#62 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:47 AM

Jarno, while I believe there's generally nothing wrong with something being offtopic or something being offensive, something being both at the same time is a bit too much. Hope that's fair enough.

Edited by Creepin, 08 November 2017 - 06:31 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#63 Senka

Senka
  • Modder
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:17 AM

Creepin, I know my English is poor. Never mind ;)

#64 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:30 PM

First, I confirm there is a serious lag in some areas of BGT, which has nothing to do with mods. This lag comes from ambient sounds. I've removed most of the ambient sounds in those areas, and it works fine, no lags anymore.. The particularly laggish area is the second area in the Cloakwood forest with a crowd of spiders where you meet Coran.

Second, Bag of Holdings is okay, never encountered any problem with that. I doubt someone tried to put there 32000 items  :lol:  Maybe EET fans did that deciding to completely break the non-EET game and then say "you see, your old game with mods is not stable, it's impossible to play, a lot of bugs and lags".  :new_bottom:  :lol:

Third, reasons for lags are many and different, not only items, but as mentioned here scripts, sounds, effects etc. Each particular case of lag should be studied separately. We have now had a very annoying bug in ToB with a game crushing each time on rest in the pocket plane. It took me half a year to fix it.

#65 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:49 PM

Then I realised, VC and NEJ is about BG2 only

Mirandel, I have added the most important thing in BG1 for BGT - it is a continuity! NPCs, such as Shar-Teel, Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, Viconia, Edwin - they are all continuous and move to BG2 without loosing stats and experience. They also have some continuous banters. Shar-Teel and Minsc have continuation of their stories, Jaheira and Imoen are actively discussing the events of BG1, and there is Accalia who is connected to Branwen. In addition, there are some enhancements in BG1, which VC brings into the game. For example, you can build a Vampire Revenge sword and takes it with you to BG2, and so on. Encounters have some increased difficulty because NPCs you join have some increased stats and have better items. For example, as mentioned here, black talons elites are now tough. There is a merchant bank which I have added to BG1 so you may purchase vouchers and change them in BG2 for gold. This will allow you to bring your gold to BG2. Etc etc etc. So, your statement is slightly incorrect.

Edited by Vlad, 09 November 2017 - 01:56 PM.

#66 Mirandel

Mirandel
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:54 PM

Then I realised, VC and NEJ is about BG2 only

Mirandel, I have added the most important thing in BG1 for BGT - it is a continuity! NPCs, such as Shar-Teel, Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, Viconia, Edwin - they are all continuous and move to BG2 without loosing stats and experience. They also have some continuous banters. Shar-Teel and Minsc have continuation of their stories, Jaheira and Imoen are actively discussing the events of BG1, and there is Accalia who is connected to Branwen. In addition, there are some enhancements in BG1, which VC brings into the game. For example, you can build a Vampire Revenge sword and takes it with you to BG2, and so on. Encounters have some increased difficulty because NPCs you join have some increased stats and have better items. For example, as mentioned here, black talons elites are now tough. There is a merchant bank which I have added to BG1 so you may purchase vouchers and change them in BG2 for gold. This will allow you to bring your gold to BG2. Etc etc etc. So, your statement is slightly incorrect.

Thank you, Vlad, this is very useful information. Do you plan to add some comprehensive FAQ to the mod? I have your walkthroughs for NEJ2 (part 1 and 2), but I take it there are more NPCs now in NEJ3? And in any way it does not include all these precious bit of information you shared now :)  I am not even sure I understand walkthough correctly regarding important NPC

Am I right and Hrothgar - is absolutely needed and has to stay in the party from start to finish (end of ToB?)?  So is Kachiko and since she "can't be separated from Yoshimo" - Yoshimo too? Dar, Accalia, Melora, Leina, Taffic are optional, and so is every official NPC (Jaheira, Minsk) and "old friends" - SharTeel, Coran, Dynaheir - and can be sent away right from Irenicus dungeon (no space anyway because you need Kachiko and Yoshimo)?

I'd love to go completely unprepared but fear to loose a lot of content if I do.

#67 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:30 PM

I really don't like the situation that there is an outdated NeJ2 version of 10 years old is still floating around here. I'm not sure that I'll write any walkthrough because I simply have no time for that. Normally, players are writing walkthroughs. I have created a section at BWL which contains hints.

Hrothgar is needed but he won't stay in the party until ToB but until Chapter 6. After you come back to Kuldahar and deal with the demon, he'll leave. This is spoiler, of course. The same is about most of the NPCs. They will leave after completing their stories and quests. Except Kachiko and Yoshimo. They'll be with you until the end.

#68 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:30 PM

... This problem can exist too - on some computers. Because in my case BGT itself - without any single mod! - produces lag when party is full. While BG2+VC+NEJ on another computer (a good one this time) run very smoothly without a single hiccup no matter the size of the party (or cheated in Bag of Holding and 999 stack of scrolls). 

Have you disabled the ambient sounds correctly, with the low mem sounds, aka only when they produce lag. Point 2 of the lag removal faq.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#69 Mirandel

Mirandel
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:37 AM

... This problem can exist too - on some computers. Because in my case BGT itself - without any single mod! - produces lag when party is full. While BG2+VC+NEJ on another computer (a good one this time) run very smoothly without a single hiccup no matter the size of the party (or cheated in Bag of Holding and 999 stack of scrolls). 

Have you disabled the ambient sounds correctly, with the low mem sounds, aka only when they produce lag. Point 2 of the lag removal faq.

If only I knew about that guide before! No, until Vlad mentioned ambient sounds few posts above, it never even occurred to me sound can cause lag. It's very tempting to re-install everything again by-the-book just to check. If I have time I'll do that and report about results here.

Vlad, thank you for that spoiler! I saw your "tips and hints", of course, but it does not list "must have" NPC nor does it talk about TS (VC+NEJ include Tortured Souls, right?). And I'd like to know about both - not for spoilers but to be able to play it. Normally walkthrough is the last resort for complicated quests but with no vital information around it's all I could get here.

If you find time to add that information (about necessary NPC for NEJ and TS) into your hint - that might be all that is needed to play :)

#70 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:05 AM

Must have is only Hrothgar for NeJ, nobody else. But after completing NeJ (all three parts), he will be gone. Kachiko and Yoshimo - for TS. Sime and Leina will stay till the TOB finale, but you may send them away any time.You can play Kelodrn Romance written by Senka and translated by Jan (the great British novelist who is my co-author of NeJ), long mod with new areas, quests and of course, love talks, chats and relationship with Keldorn - from the beginning till the end. But again you may not play it. Valygar Romance is possible through TS, written by Domi. Third path is optional if you dislike both thieves and vampires and want a shortcut to TS or Brynnlaw. Shar-Teel, Dar, Melora, Taffic - all of them will leave once their quest is done, but you may send them away before or not to take at all. Accalia will stay in Icewind Dale. Nalia, Aerie and Anomen are enhanced. Aerie have finally got her kit, she was supposed to have, with some perks and a holy symbol... Again, there are so many things I have added, so there is no way I can list everything. Just play and ask questions at the BWL. I'm now completing my walkthrough in the last VC-NeJ3 version, so I highly recommend to wait for it before playing. TC is a part of VC (Vlad's Compilation), as well as all other things including Baldurdash-WeiDU, Keldorn Romace, Third Pat and many smaller quests. You can try different combinations of NPCs, they all have different banters and different quests and you may mix and match them as you like. Hope this answers most of your questions.

#71 Mirandel

Mirandel
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:20 AM

And thanks again! Much more clear now. 

"Just play" was my idea from the beginning, but then I run into Accalia with no more spots in the party and had to google her importance, found your "tips" and wlakthough, realised I can not just ignore some NPCs or I'll miss the whole mod.

Your walk-thorough for NEJ3 is very anticipated but I think I will play in a meantime with as many saves as I can to restore from the screw-up point, which your guide will indicate. 

Thank you and your co-workers for the new game! Fresh feelings in such a familiar setting is something to treasure. 

#72 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:08 AM

New versions of the mods:

My Compilation - Download

Never Ending Journey Third Edition - Download

It is possible to install BGT + My Compilation + NeJ3. In that case, please don't install the Animations & GUI component from My Compilation. In addition, you may wish to restore the original BG1 area music for the BG1 part of the game. To do that, please download and install:

BGSongs Download

You may easily uninstall the BGSongs after completing the BG1 part in order to enjoy the NeJ3 music and themes.

All walkthroughs and hints are at the BWL forum boards.

Good luck,
Vlad.

Edited by Vlad, 13 January 2018 - 06:17 AM.

#73 dsleep

dsleep
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:40 AM

Sorry,but the link for "My Compilation" does not work.

Anybody got some backup?

Edited by dsleep, 27 July 2018 - 03:44 AM.

#74 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:58 AM

Anybody got some backup?

Well, the .exe is still available from Blackworms forum page, where you can also read that the above is the .rar file, which is now offline like you said. 

#75 dsleep

dsleep
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:27 AM

Anybody got some backup?

Well, the .exe is still available from Blackworms forum page, where you can also read that the above is the .rar file, which is now offline like you said. 

Thanks

#76 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:16 AM

Vlad, sorry for the questions, but VC, Nej3 and Tortured souls are all made by you?

Is there anywhere a readme describing what each mod does?

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#77 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:44 AM

Vlad, sorry for the questions, but VC, Nej3 and Tortured souls are all made by you?

Made, as a single author, no... but the code maker/updater and thus the ultimate releaser, yes. As there were multiple authors originally.

The VCv10.exe file(that is Baldurdash-WeiDU, Tortured Souls and Keldorn's Romance mods combined) has all the different mods readme's, but they are written as separated files, and some up to down, while the others are down to up. Yeah, it could be better, but that's likely just an inconvinience for you. Copy paste the text lines in a .txt is easy, and you are good to go.

Edited by The Imp, 24 August 2018 - 08:45 AM.

#78 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:49 PM

I'll be uploading the new releases soon including VC 2.0 and NeJ3 7.02. Some nice changes and additions. Hopefully, this will be an absolutely last release. 20-years anniversary.  8)