• Modder
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:29 AM

Posted Image

File Name: Aura NPC for BG:EE
File Submitter: Artemius I
File Submitted: 07 Aug 2018
File Category: Aura (EE)

Attention: I will no longer be directly hosting my mods on Spellhold Studios. A direct link to them on my github will be attached below.

Aura Glimmershine is a young lawful good-aligned gnome artificer and inventor from the island nation of Lantan with a colorful past. Aura is kind and idealistic at heart. She can be rather shy and socially inept when interacting with strangers, but easily turns peppy and excitable when the topic strays into her fields of expertise. While she is rather weak in combat, her unique thief kit, Artificer, which grants her the ability to create a large assortment of potions, traps, arcane runes and magical items that become more versatile as she gains levels.

She can be found at the Beregost town square and carries with a small selection of personal items. If the PC is female, she may show hints of romantic attraction, though there is no full romance within BG1.

In Siege of Dragonspear, she can be found in the Coast Way Forest, after leaving Baldur's Gate.

Mod contents:

– One new joinable NPC with banters, interjections and a friendship path

– A new NPC-only kit, Artificer (optionally: illusionist/artificer, priestess/artificer)

– A few custom items and item upgrades

– A short quest during BG1

– Full Siege of Dragonspear content with a romance for a female non-evil PC with 12 Intelligence and 10 Charisma

– Additionally, she has crossmod content with the mod NPCs Sirene, Drake, Verr'Sza and White.

BG2EE portion of the mod is under development.

Click here to download this file

My major projects:

NPCs: Sirene (BG:EE | BG2:EE), Drake (BG:EE), Aura (BG:EE), Pai'Na (BG2:EE)

Kits: The Artisan's Kitpack, Bardic Wonders, Warlock, Shadow Magic

Tweaks: Artemius' House Tweaks

In-progress: Aura BG2, Drake BG2, The Fallen Light, Shadow Magic: Thultanthar

A comprehensive list of my mods

The Artisan's Corner (my personal mod site)

#2 Psionica

Psionica
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 09:10 AM

1. I installed Aura for BGEE and the mod prevented the game from opening. I uninstalled her and it worked fine agian. Bug?

Psi

"Love" that's a very rare thing, when u find it you better safeguard it. ---Shirley Manson

#3 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 03:48 PM

@Psionica
What were the error messages?

#4 Psionica

Psionica
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 06:44 PM

There wasn't any. It was the only mod i installed. So i tested it after uninstalling her and my game opens again normal.

Psi

"Love" that's a very rare thing, when u find it you better safeguard it. ---Shirley Manson

#5 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 03 December 2020 - 09:20 AM

I have a faint recall stumbling upon a similar problem with one of my mods. I think it was a wrongly formatted text inside the mod, something like a text line that didn't make it into the tra file but contained a symbol.

But with Aura being played by a lot of people on EE, I'd be surprised the soultion would be so obvious. :huh:

#6 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 01:32 PM

@Psionica
Did you use the latest version?  I recall finding some significant bug with misplaced files that was fixed months ago.

#7 Psionica

Psionica
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 02:27 PM

The version from the link on this site.

Psi

#8 maus

maus
  • Modder
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 09:48 PM

Typo in 3.2 while talking to HC:

"Then, when my ship was travelling by see across the Golden Way..."

Another when meeting Gellana Mirrroshade: "... miss Gellana..."

And a hint: with the component of the NPC_EE to change the Kit of an NPC all the other thieves can become an articifier too.

Edited by maus, 17 January 2021 - 06:52 AM.

#9 maus

maus
  • Modder
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 10:36 AM

There is a bug. When played in the EET and starting PID one can ask Aura about the actual situation. She says something about the crusade (in Chap 4...) and then there is the no valid replies message instead of possible replies.

#10 maus

maus
  • Modder
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:27 AM

I can ask Aura about the Burst Orbs (and receive one) via PID before she tells me per dialogue that she can make them. 

#11 maus

maus
  • Modder
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 05:19 AM

After meeting Kubuki in the Undercellar the dialogue should end with SetGlobal("C0AuraQuest","GLOBAL",3) to trigger the timer and the Ninja. The timer is quite sensitve. In my game Kubuki turned ally and then left before the Ninjas were spawned. 

#12 maus

maus
  • Modder
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:15 PM

in BG Aura started a dialogue that this is a chilly place with much arcane energy. I guess this is a dialogue that was ment for the mage island. It triggered after the first talk with Tamoko. Possibly a different dialogue was ment to be triggered.

I guess her script has a bug: 

IF
InParty(Myself)
Global("TamokoMove","GLOBAL",1)
Global("C0AuraTAMOKO0","GLOBAL",1)
!See("TAMOKO")  // Tamoko
Global("C0AuraTamoko","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("C0AuraTamoko","GLOBAL",1)
StartDialogNoSet(Player1)
END

I guess the C0AuraTamoko variables get mixed up.

Edited by maus, 24 January 2021 - 09:28 PM.

#13 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:58 AM

maus, if you klicktalk to Aura again, it should start the correct talk if it's still pending.

That's the risk if dialogues are set and triggered by the same scriptblock - if the player gives a click order or something else in the game happens in exact the time in between and interrupts Aura's action, the dialogue will not be triggered but the variable will still be open, so it gets triggered the next time the dlg is called, either via clicktalk or if the next dialogue was supposed to happen - which then is open etc.

That is why the modding community developped the way of scripting dialogues so they always happen when they are supposed to, by spliting the activation (setting of the variable) and initiation parts into two scriptblocks as described by Kulyok in her tutorial "How to ensure your banters always run when you want them to".

(This, of course, led to a new sort of bug: the stutter bug. Which will only happen if there is a mismatch between the variables in the scriptblock and the trigger variable of the dialogue. The Problem maus encountered, however, just happens out of bad luck if the dialogues are triggered in one script block.)

Edited by jastey, 25 January 2021 - 09:11 AM.

#14 maus

maus
  • Modder
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:03 PM

Well I experienced some unexpectedly started PID dialogues with her. Therefore I would guess that there are quite more interjections that did not happen. 

e.g. when reaching werewolf island.

Edited by maus, 25 January 2021 - 08:33 PM.

#15 maus

maus
  • Modder
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:54 PM

CHAIN IF ~Global("C0AuraTelescope","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN C0AURAJ telescope
~*sigh* I don't suppose I can talk you out of this, can I? This telescope is an artifact of my homeland, after all.~
DO ~SetGlobal("C0AuraTelescope","GLOBAL",2)~
END
++ ~Do you have a better idea?~ + telescope.1
++ ~It's wrong, but I do need the gold.~ + telescope.1
++ ~You're right. I'm going to put it back.~ + telescope.1
++ ~Unless you have an alternative, no.~ + telescope.1

That code only provides the first string. After that the dialogue is "ended". So one never talks with Aura about the telescope.

#16 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 11:29 PM

CHAIN IF ~Global("C0AuraTelescope","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN C0AURAJ telescope
~*sigh* I don't suppose I can talk you out of this, can I? This telescope is an artifact of my homeland, after all.~
DO ~SetGlobal("C0AuraTelescope","GLOBAL",2)~
END
++ ~Do you have a better idea?~ + telescope.1
++ ~It's wrong, but I do need the gold.~ + telescope.1
++ ~You're right. I'm going to put it back.~ + telescope.1
++ ~Unless you have an alternative, no.~ + telescope.1

That code only provides the first string. After that the dialogue is "ended". So one never talks with Aura about the telescope.

Did you experience this ingame? Because the syntax of that dialogue is correct.

#17 maus

maus
  • Modder
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 12:09 PM

It should work? Looks like I' not that familiar with CHAIN. Well, ingame she just said this first string. I did not think about it, because it looked like a normal comment on the (planned) theft of the telescope. 

Another dialog state is a loop (I guess): 

CHAIN C0AURAJ t10.13
~Oh. Well, I'll have a cup anyway... now that I'm thinking of Kozakura again...~
EXTERN C0AURAJ t10.13

But this one I have not experienced ingame. 

#18 maus

maus
  • Modder
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 07:53 AM

IF ~~ crafting1
SAY ~Oh, well... I was just looking... I feel as though some of the things we've been carrying around could... use some improvements.~
IF ~PartyHasItemIdentified("sw2h03")~ DO ~SetGlobal("C0AuraImprove1","GLOBAL",2)~ + crafting1a
IF ~!PartyHasItemIdentified("sw2h03") PartyHasItemIdentified("bow07")~ DO ~SetGlobal("C0AuraImprove2","GLOBAL",2)~ + crafting1b
IF ~!PartyHasItemIdentified("sw2h03") !PartyHasItemIdentified("bow07") PartyHasItemIdentified("staf06") PartyHasItemIdentified("dagg09")~ DO ~SetGlobal("C0AuraImprove3","GLOBAL",2)~ + crafting1c
IF ~!PartyHasItemIdentified("sw2h03") !PartyHasItemIdentified("bow07") !PartyHasItemIdentified("staf06") !PartyHasItemIdentified("dagg09") PartyHasItemIdentified("misc48")~ DO ~SetGlobal("C0AuraImprove4","GLOBAL",2)~ + crafting1d
IF ~!PartyHasItemIdentified("sw2h03") !PartyHasItemIdentified("bow07") !PartyHasItemIdentified("staf06") !PartyHasItemIdentified("dagg09") !PartyHasItemIdentified("misc48") PartyHasItemIdentified("staf25")~ DO ~SetGlobal("C0AuraImprove5","GLOBAL",2)~ + crafting1e
IF ~!PartyHasItemIdentified("sw2h03") !PartyHasItemIdentified("bow07") !PartyHasItemIdentified("staf06") !PartyHasItemIdentified("dagg09") !PartyHasItemIdentified("misc48") !PartyHasItemIdentified("staf25") PartyHasItemIdentified("sw2h22")~ DO ~SetGlobal("C0AuraImprove6","GLOBAL",2)~ + crafting1f
END

This dialogue may end with "NO VALID REPLIES". And as the previous one changes the starting variable one can have this dialogue only once. So if you don't have the appropriate item when the dialogue is triggered, you get no improvement from Aura. 

I would suggest to add a reply that sets Cratfing back to to 2 and ends the dialogue ("Maybe later Aura.")

previous one:
IF ~Global("C0AuraCrafting","GLOBAL",2)~ crafting
SAY ~Hmm...~
++ ~You've been examining our gear for a while now, Aura. What's so interesting?~ DO ~SetGlobal("C0AuraCrafting","GLOBAL",3)~ + crafting1
END

#19 PinkMemo

PinkMemo
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 11:24 PM

maus, if you klicktalk to Aura again, it should start the correct talk if it's still pending.

That's the risk if dialogues are set and triggered by the same scriptblock - if the player gives a click order or something else in the game happens in exact the time in between and interrupts Aura's action, the dialogue will not be triggered but the variable will still be open, so it gets triggered the next time the dlg is called, either via clicktalk or if the next dialogue was supposed to happen - which then is open etc.

That is why the modding community developped the way of scripting dialogues so they always happen when they are supposed to, by spliting the activation (setting of the variable) and initiation parts into two scriptblocks as described by Kulyok in her tutorial "How to ensure your banters always run when you want them to"mcdvoice

(This, of course, led to a new sort of bug: the stutter bug. Which will only happen if there is a mismatch between the variables in the scriptblock and the trigger variable of the dialogue. The Problem maus encountered, however, just happens out of bad luck if the dialogues are triggered in one script block.)

I think it was a wrongly formatted text inside the mod, something like a text line that didn't make it into the tra file but contained a symbol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bgee, npc