Photo

BWPv18.2 released

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#201 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:11 PM

Evilmax, any chance of you publishing your weidu.log

and publishing the .cre for Minsc? Just to see what is touching Minsc apart from NEJ.

What you want is the --change-log of the creature, not just the .cre file itself, it's a bit data, that could be a lot of things in your game... put it in IWD2 and you'll see that it can be interprited as a wrong thing, as the data is just bits.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#202 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:10 AM

Spoiler

Well... I have some idea about what is going on. My Minsc that was transferred from BG1 has no Boo. But if I start a new game, everything is OK. I suspect that Boo was taken by BG1 --> BG2 transfer, like the other items. It is because Boo is removable now.

UPD: C:CreateCreature("BOO") is a workaround.

Edited by EvilMax, 23 February 2020 - 04:42 AM.

#203 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:31 PM

Hi All:

I finally determined what was wrong with my megamod game.  Both computers are OK, but both games are faulty. Baldur's Gate plays OK with only minor problems.  Both moved over into BGII - SoA without any problems.  The fatal crash occurs when you move to the second floor and meet Yoshimo.  No matter what you do with Yoshimo the game crashes when Yoshimo joins or is not allowed to join.  The game freezes until you press a key and the screen goes black.  You get the message:

Baldur's Gate II - Shadows of Amn = Throne of Bhaal has

stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you is a solution

is available.

If anyone has played through Baldur's Gate II - Shadows of Amn, I would appreciate you posting a list of the mods you used.  Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would also be appreciated.

Thanks for any help,

TOM

Edited by tomkaz, 24 February 2020 - 12:33 PM.

#204 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 26 February 2020 - 05:03 PM

Hi All:

I used my  existing megamod game to create a BGII - SoA game.  No luck as it crashed right after Yoshimo joins the game which is the same problem as above.  So I have a mod that plays Baldur's Gate well, but not the BG2 section of a BGT game. I guess my BGT days are over.

If I had to guess what the problem is, I would guess a BG2 mod was made or grossly edited on a Windows 10 computer and it does not like Windows 7.  Microsoft's way of forcing people to buy Windows 10. But this is just a guess. There are some new mods that I never used before so I do not know which could be the problem.

So my Baldur Bade days are over until Leonardo issues a new version or someone else discovers a fix.  I asked my wife if it was OK if I bought a new Windows 10 computer and she said sure.  But I do not feel comfortable spending money without knowing that will fix the problem.

I would like to thank all the people who helped me with past problems.  I could not get as far as I did without their help.  If you check back to post #164, the spoiler contains the latest mods from the BG1 section. It plays well and should give only minor language problems.

Thanks again to all,

TOM

Edited by tomkaz, 26 February 2020 - 05:05 PM.

#205 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:32 AM

I would guess a BG2 mod was made or grossly edited on a Windows 10 computer and it does not like Windows 7.

That's highly unlikely. Windows 10 has a few issues with playing the game in a good resolution etc at all but single mods surely do not influence it this way. An if, then they probably like Windows7 better.

I assume your problem might be related to changes done to Yoshimo in some way. Maybe an item with a faulty animation, or even a wrongly assigned color can lead to crashes. A way to check is deinstalling mods and seeing whether the plain game has the same problem. Or looking at a savegame and strip Yoshimo from his items before he joins.

#206 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:47 PM

Hi jastey:

Thanks for your comments about Windows 10.

I am looking at newer mods which I never used before. I found 23 newer mods in my Big World Downloads that I never played before.  I dropped them and am starting another BGII - SoA game.  I will keep that up until I get through Irenicus' dungeon and into Waukeen's Promenade. With 23 mods to check, this could take a while.

My spirits are a lot better now as I was mealy down yesterday.

Thanks again,

Tom

#207 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 12:41 AM

All my mods so far were developped on Windows 7. I only switched recently to 10 because of the missing support (damn you Microsoft).

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Good luck with your new install!

#208 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 01 March 2020 - 04:55 AM

Hi jastey:

I am trying different setups with "individual.bat".  I noticed the ending has changed.  Previously, there were three endings.  There was cleanup, something else (forgot the name) and generalized biffing.  Now I only have a choice of cleanup or no cleanup.  Perhaps it is because I am testing BGII - SoA and not the whole megamod?

I am using a new download of BiG World Installpack v18.2.5.  This ending is a change for me so I am wondering if I have the correct file.  Perhaps I should address this to Leonardo?

Thanks for any help,

TOM

Edited by tomkaz, 01 March 2020 - 04:57 AM.

#209 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 05:18 AM

I don't know anything about that, sorry. You'd have to wait for Leonardo or someone else with the knowledge.

#210 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 11:25 PM

Hi, All,   I have the same issue that Tomkaz reported: game CTDs after my PC refused to accept Youshimo's party. I'm not sure if this is Youshimo CRE issue because problem occures after Youshimo is escaped area. After that I see a bunch of messages about assassins (mirror imaged etc...) and then game crashed.   Tomkaz, did you have your crashes/reezes after Youshimo escaped area (if you refuse to join) or when he is still present?   P.S. MegaMod 18.1.2. I have a lot messages in TobEX.log about missing animations

Spoiler

I did install IA in cp1252 codepage, there were no errors ( and I see no those files in installation folder). Here I see the same issue and report that those missing files aren't a CTD issue. I also played without MACEDIS1.EFF IWD areas (somehow Improved Mace Of Disruption Fix by Extremist isn't installed so this effect is missing). I think I need to check this area, but lost area checker mod and didn't find in Google. Does anyone occasionally have a link to area checker?

Edited by EvilMax, 02 March 2020 - 11:47 PM.

#211 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 02:16 AM

@EvilMax

I did install IA in cp1252 codepage, there were no errors ( and I see no those files in installation folder).

What's your native code page/language ? As if you extract the files in a non 1252 code page mode, your file names are completely crazy and won't be installed correctly... that's the current shortcoming of the current IA, that the next version should fix... at least with WinRAR, and likely with the .7z, as well as any other Windows based extractor programs.

Edited by The Imp, 03 March 2020 - 02:21 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#212 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 06:12 AM

My native codepage is 1251. To be honest, I don't remember the exat moment when I switched CP to 1252. Probably, it was just before installation start. But IA content is packed with RAR, so this shouldn't be an issue. Unlike ZIP format, RAR and 7z are handling name codepages correctly. Do you have experience when IA content unpacked in non-1252 page broke insallation and this shot first time in Irenicus dungeon? (I passed all BG1 part and IWD part of NEJ without animation troubles)

By the way, if we look into name µJYA1.BAM, it has only 1st symbol in non-Latin CP. Search by unpacked folder with pattern ?JYA1.BAM didn't give anything.

#213 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:06 AM

Hi EvilMax:

In my problem with Yoshimo, here is what happens.  Yoshimo comes in the room and the conversation with him takes place.  Then I can either add him to my group or send him away, it makes no difference.  After that the screen freezes.  I did not wait very long for something to happen.  On depressing any keyboard key, the screen goes black and Microsoft's message appears.

I also took my game and loaded a BGII - SoA game (not the BGT game) with it.  The same crash happened when Yoshimo joined the game.

I looked up how to find my codepage and could not find out where it is. I could use some help locating it.

Good luck finding a solution,

Tom

#1  I just found out there are two codepages.  One is an ANSI ans I forgot the other.  Sorry, I am losing my short term memory.

#2  Found this when searching 'codepage' in my computer.  Cannot find it again.

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
'"b!tweak"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'"b!tweak_light"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
'"BWL Contest"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
'"NSC Portraits"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
Active code page: 1252
'"Pr(?)tre de BHaal"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
'"R(?)deur de l'ombre"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
Active code page: 437

(?) are foreign characters I did not know how to print

Edited by tomkaz, 03 March 2020 - 08:57 AM.

#214 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 09:53 AM

Tom,
It looks like you should natively have no problems with IA mod because of 1252 ANSI codepage. So I think that Yoshimo problem isn't wrong IA install problem.

#215 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:07 PM

Hi EvilMax:

I am probably wasting your time with this but I feel you know a lot more than I about BGT.

After the game crashed, I searched on CMD only because I got no response when I searched on CMD.EXE. I think the CMD search gave me the files that were active when the game crashed after Yosimo was added to the game.  The files that were active were AGG02.itm, AQ05.item, RAG2.item, BWPXPACK.bat, finish.bat, and Install_q.bat.  AGG02.itm, AQ05.item, and RAG2.item are found in the Dark Horizons mod. BWPXPACK.bat is found BiG World Installpack.  Finish.bat and Install_q.bat are found in BiG World Installpack\source.  Also BiG World Fixpack, Trimpack, and Textpack are active.

This all may be worthless information.  Seeing Dark Horizons there made me suspicious because I believe it is too early in the game for this mod.

Tom

#216 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 08:30 AM

I did found and resolved CTD issue. I even have faint memory about those numerous problems with duergars I encountered before.

Problem:

- Creatures DUEARC02, DUEARC03 and DUEARC04 have wrong assigned animations: FIGHTER_MALE_DWARF_LOW

Solution:

- Open those creatures in NearInfinity and set correct animation type: FIGHTER_MALE_DWARF

The fix for those _LOW animation IDs is included into Infinity Animations (IA)  mod. Those CRE files aren't fixed by IA mod. (according to its internal logs the only creature that was fixed is DUEARC01.CRE - this file was OK). Aurora shoes and boots also has corresponding component.

Root cause:

- Big Picture mod copies DUEARC02, DUEARC03 and DUEARC04 cre files instead of patching them (maybe those are new?). According to that fact that BP creatures components are installed after Infinity Animations, those .CRE files aren't patched.

Possible improvements of BiG World install: include _LOW animation fix running after mods that copy .CRE files to game. Maybe add it to the Lolfixer or whatever running late.

For now it is safe to change animation for those three .CRE files manually and continue enjoying the game!

Edited by EvilMax, 04 March 2020 - 08:52 AM.

#217 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 09:59 AM

So:

COPY_EXISTING ~DUEARC02.cre~ ~override~
WRITE_LONG ~0x0028~ ~0x6102~

COPY_EXISTING ~DUEARC03.cre~ ~override~

COPY_EXISTING ~DUEARC04.cre~ ~override~

To the end of the BP's .tp2 file. ... unless it's blocked off with a "*/"

#218 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:31 AM

Yes. And then update BWP fixpack patches.

For those who is already playing Near Infinity solution would be the best: not to break current installation and save files. Not sure if making of small patch mod is reasonable.

Edited by EvilMax, 04 March 2020 - 10:34 AM.

#219 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:48 AM

Yes. And then update BWP fixpack patches.

For those who is already playing Near Infinity solution would be the best: not to break current installation and save files. Not sure if making of small patch mod is reasonable.

As long as you have not visited the area the Dwarves are, already in the save, everything is fine...

#220 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 11:13 AM

No, I was just talking about preventing reinstalling anything after biffing in MegaMod. And yes, we hope that noone urgently save in Irenicus dungeon lvl 2. But I think even in this case everything is resolvable through NI: unpack save, edit area and creatures, pack again.