Photo

BWPv18.2 released

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#161 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:23 PM

And there's a supposed fix for this in the ToBEx ... so it's recommended to install that and making sure it's enabled.. as that stops the scripts from checking every item in your storages.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#162 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:06 AM

Hi semaj577:  Hi The Imp:

Thank you for the information.  I will try to follow it.

I may have said this before, but I do have memory problems.  Your answers triggered something.  Some time ago I found a way to copy items with Nearinfinity.  With my many computer crashes I lost the name of the author and the  instructions.  A kind player published how to use Nearinfinity to copy bags in a Spellhold Studios forum.  I did find a copy of the containers so I will try them.  As I remember, it did do away with the game slowdown.  But with my memory, do not rely on my last statement.  I checked in Nearinfinity and found that the copied ITM files were not in the Nearinfinity ITM files. The copied STO files were not in the Nearinfinity STO files.  But the copied bag files were in the BGII - SoA override file and the Nearinfinity override file.  Perhaps that prevents the game slowdowns.

I am not very good at searching Spellhold Studios forums, but it you can find that post you may post where it is located so the author can get credit for his work.

Thanks again,

Tom

I switch the contents of the game containers with the copied containers.  This does not help with game movement.

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 27 November 2019 - 01:19 PM.

#163 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:41 AM

I had some difficulties understanding how to actually select the components I want from BWP, given that the BWP pdf was kinda "unclear" to me. 

Ckoe took the time to explain it to me, and I would like to share what he told me:

<<I always install with language "English" and mod language selection"EN".

I have a folder "BiG World Downloads" which contains all mods I want, and especially includes the other BWP project components (Fixpack, Textpack ...),  which I just copy in a fresh install for automatic extraction of everything by Installpack. Only the Installpack archive should be not in it I guess to prevent it extracting itselves, I extract it seperately by hand.

What you have to do is to modify "BiG World Installpack\install\individual.bat" after Installpack extraction (and select "3" when Installpack prompts for which premade selection to use).
Use "BiG World Project v18.2 English.pdf" to identify component numbers.The individual.bat is quite easy to modify. I have very basic DOS scripting experience from long time ago (also linux/unix shell scripting helps).

I recommend to just make an install, then check weidu.log to see what it actually did and modify individual.bat with the help of the "BiG World Project v18.2 English.pdf" according to your wishes. Just replace install\individual.bat right from the start with your personal one. To answer your question, to prevent components from installing either remove the component number and/or comment the whole block out if it is a single component after an "if". Works fine>>.

These above are Ckoe's words. If you benefit from them, you should thank him :)

Edited by Arthas, 30 November 2019 - 07:41 AM.

#164 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:01 PM

Hi Arthas:

Here is the WeiDU.log of the game I am currently playing.

The game installs using a modified individual.bat.

During the installation, when selections need to be chosen, I choose Big Picture over Sword Coast Stratagems where ever possible.

I try to follow mods from BiG World Project WeiDU.Log.  Some mod versions in BiG world Project and not consistent between The BiG World Installation Instructions and BiG World Project WeiDU.Log.

My mod selections I chose are  based on the mods I have.  I skip many NPCs.

I prefer Courier New font.

Spoiler

I am about 50% through Baldur's Gate without any problems except game speed.   

Good Luck,

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 30 November 2019 - 03:04 PM.

#165 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:59 PM

Tomkaz, thanks for that weidu. Have a nice sunday!

#166 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:25 PM

Hi Arthas:

Your welcome.

I have a second game starting.  Where as the first game was based on BiG Picture, this one will be based on Stratagems.  It will take some time to see is it works.

Tom

#167 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 01 December 2019 - 03:10 PM

Hello Leonardo,
is it possible to know why you can't install the following components from Made in heaven mod?

Spoiler

Angel is curious. See here: https://www.gibberli...#comment-274530

#168 kampfkoloss

kampfkoloss
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:15 PM

Salut tomkaz,

Do you remember where you have found/downloaded the mod improved asylum?

Many thanks in advance!

#169 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:21 PM

Salut tomkaz,

Do you remember where you have found/downloaded the mod improved asylum?

Many thanks in advance!

A simple search on google made me find a copious amount of results

But anyway, if you want it straight from the source: http://www.shsforums...od-from-rastor/

Edited by Arthas, 02 December 2019 - 03:59 AM.

#170 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:26 PM

Try this post.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#171 kampfkoloss

kampfkoloss
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:36 AM

Many thanks!!!

Startpage did not show any proper result to me unfortunately (>_<).

#172 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:59 AM

Hi All:

Busy getting my second game working.  Based on SCS and finally worked, but I do not how far it will go.

Back to  Improved Asylum.  The author is "Rastor".  The current version I have is v101 from 4/6/2013.  The oldest version I have is v0.92 from October 2004.

Best to try and contact "Rastor".  Maybe he will load it to SHS or some other sight.  Maybe some lawyer can tell us when the copyrights expire.  If the copyrights are expired, it is possible that we would be able to post old mods in forums.  That is my guess.

I lost a lot of old mods through computer crashes and would like a legal way to get them again.

Tom

#173 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:12 AM

Hello Leonardo,
I would like to report a few things:

1) Iep Extended banters has now all the fixes from BWP integrated (source here: http://www.shsforums...ed-banters-v55/)

2) Edwin romance has the fixes from BWP integrated (see here: https://spellholdstu...nce-readme.html , version 2.08)

3) Minsc friendship was updated to 1.1 (http://www.shsforums...ndship-soa-tob/)

4) Nephele was upgraded to 2.5 (http://www.shsforums...25-with-bugfix/)

5) Corthala Romantique is now updated (https://www.gibberli...-updates-to-v3/)

6) Turnabout is now updated to v1.3 (https://www.gibberli...y-and-bugfixes/) – there is one version for EE and one for classic baldur’s gate. It requires... Ascension v2

7) Ascension v2. Note: adding this mod means that the compatibilities with older mods can be put in danger. Namely: The longer road. Reference link: https://www.gibberli...ests/ascension/
Here you can find some additional notes about compatibility: https://www.gibberli...ith-other-mods/

8 ) Inside Bwp’s guide I couldn’t find any reference to the following mod: Improved Archer Kit.
http://www.shsforums...ved-archer-kit/

9) Ajantis has now reached v20. https://www.gibberli...cs/ajantis-bg2/

10) Consider adding the following mods:

Note: these two mods above are made for EE, but should work on classic. 

11) If you install Imoen Romance, Imoen retrospection from IEP extended banters should be skipped. Relevant info:
https://forums.beamd...Comment_1081542

Edited by Sergio, 30 December 2019 - 07:58 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#174 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 04:27 AM

@Sergio
Thank you for your report.
At time I am very busy with real life so it may take a few weeks until I come back again.

@Arthas
That is a question of the install order. I noticed all components of "Made in Heaven: Encounters & Quests v3" without component 15 can be installed without errors after BP and TDD and before VCv21 in section 2.

#175 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 07 December 2019 - 01:41 PM

Hi All:

I have two games working right now.  But that does not guarantee they will be working till I get to BGII - SoA. Both games are  almost identical and use the WieDU.Log above.  The differences are: [A] AI conflicts {BP used #1 and SCS used #2} [B] Tweak conflicts {BP used #2 and SCS used #7}: [C] Encounters conflicts {BP used #1 and SCS used #2}.   There are ~33 choices to make during installation so the game may be similar.

My early opinion is that the game using SCS (I used Stratagems v31) plays a bit better.  Each has a few crashes, but all crashes but one fixed themselves when the games were rebooted from the crash spot.

I have one problem.  In component 19.60, The Bigg Tweak Pack v2.61 has a component where mages drop spell books.  I cannot get my mages to use the dropped spell books.  If someone knows how to use the spell books, please let me know how to do that.  I would also appreciate the address of the BIGG.  So far Google cannot determine that BIGG is different than BiG. Mean while I will keep on searching for The BIGG.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

#176 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 05:11 PM

Mean while I will keep on searching for The BIGG.

You mean "the bigg", the modder that before wisp maintained and continued where Westley Weimer left WeiDU, made Widescreen mod etc. Thing is, he retired from moding. Well, last that I heard.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#177 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 02:12 AM

I have one problem.  In component 19.60, The Bigg Tweak Pack v2.61 has a component where mages drop spell books.  I cannot get my mages to use the dropped spell books.  If someone knows how to use the spell books, please let me know how to do that.  I would also appreciate the address of the BIGG.  So far Google cannot determine that BIGG is different than BiG. Mean while I will keep on searching for The BIGG.

It was so long ago...

was it right click on the book? or put it in fast-access inventory (like potions...) and left click ?

It was something not obvious, but simple AFAIR.

#178 semaj577

semaj577
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 02:06 PM

I have one problem.  In component 19.60, The Bigg Tweak Pack v2.61 has a component where mages drop spell books.  I cannot get my mages to use the dropped spell books.  If someone knows how to use the spell books, please let me know how to do that.  I would also appreciate the address of the BIGG. 

So, the problem is mages can´t use the spellbooks, but they are dropped. Probably because they are not identified. Use a scroll of identify or try a vendor to do that, them put the spellbook in your slot item, them use them to learn new spells. From my testing, only "memorized" spell will be learn. That means the more they cast spells, the less you will learn.

Probed on a bgt game, both bg1 and bg2 part and works. But if you install this component in the middle of the game, only mages who you didn't see before will drop the spellbook, otherwise they don´t. Probably is because the game save the areas visited (i don´t recomended edit that with shadowkeeper, you can do a mess with that).

Remember to use component 9000, other component numbers (9100, etc.) will drop your chances of learn spells, or even drop the spellbooks.

Keep in mind, if you have sorcerers in your party, sorcerers can´t learn anything because they don´t use spellbooks to cast magics.

Interesting concept, by the way. Usefull for those spells hard to buy or encounter. You kill a high level mage and you have his non-used spells. Interesting, but makes the game a little easy.

Edited by semaj577, 08 December 2019 - 02:21 PM.

#179 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:14 PM

Hi All:

Thank you for the help with The Bigg Tweak Pack v2.61.  I tried all the suggestions but no luck. There has been lots of trouble with dropped spell books in the past. I still have not got it to work now even though I did three years ago.  My problem is my memory is fading.  It might last two more years if my luck holds out. See the doctor next

week.

Back in 2016, I posted the problem.  I had trouble with dropped spell books in BWS ?.  I have spent several hours trying to find that post, but I am not sure how to search the Spellhold Studios posts anymore.  I think you had to use a tool to get the dropped spell books to work. I searched IE Modding Tools but did not find it in there.  I think some tools get listed by a program that BiG World Install.bat uses while installing the megamod but I can not remember them.  Lots of stuff there but I can not tear into that.   I will try to find a way to search my past posts.

Thanks again,

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 09 December 2019 - 12:21 PM.

#180 semaj577

semaj577
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:04 PM

Maybe this http://www.shsforums...pellbooks-fail/ post? I see now what´s the problem: the component works, but at some point "stop working". The details in that post would be wonderful when you report bugs.

From my testing:

1) not ALL the spells will copy to your mages spellbook, there´s a chance, even when you install component 9000 (100% "chances") than the spell won´t copy to your mage spellbook. I start to think if the word "memorize" is taken literally: if yes, then the more the enemy cast spells, then the less you can learn from his spellbook. Because those spell is not memorize anymore.

2) Remember, specialized mages has an opossite school, that are the rules. Your mage won´t copy a spell from his opossite school. I remember than many mages can´t copy level 3 spell "skulltrap" because is a negromancy spell, if i remember correctly.

3) Sorcerers won´t learn any new spell, they don´t need spellbooks to cast spells. That´s clear.

The "point 1" has a doubt, i´m going to play the start of bgt and with the first mage in friend arm inn, i will know how it works.

EDIT: Now i understand. Is not if the mage cast spells, is the "chance to learn spells" the problem. Normally a mage with 18 of intelligence has a 85% chance of learn spells, or less if you have less intelligence. But there´s a mod than ignore that rule, making a 100% chance to learn spells, i think is in anthologies now, bg2 tweak pack before. My doubt is now if both components are compatible to make a "100% chance of learn all the spells of the spellbooks".

EDIT 2: Works. Both components are compatible. 100% chances of learn all spells from the spellbooks, of course if they aren´t from an opossite school and your character is a mage and not a sorcerer.

The components are "9000 // Mages drop spellbooks. -> 100% of mages drop spellbooks, spellbooks contain 100% of memorized spells" from the bigg tweak pack, and

"Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap" from tweaks anthologies. This component was deprecated from bg2 tweak pack because is no longer supported and now is inside anthologies.

You should probably give a try now. 10 tries, 10 sucessfulls.

Edited by semaj577, 09 December 2019 - 06:03 PM.