• Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 02:39 AM

Hi Insomniator,

Hi Totor
Test done and shapeshift works with off-hand weapon:

- No more laggs

- No more crash

- with only some version of shapeshift (see file: https://www.mediafir...6h1c3lkwu/shape), if you equip/re-equip a shield, AC bonus stack until AC=-20 and stay after going back to human form; AC bonus can't be removed by usual ways after that.

I think this version can handle all possible item states, please check if you have time

https://ufile.io/8wrclybj

I have done some more tests and all seem to work as intended now:

- No more lags

- No more CTD

- No more AC stacking

I let you know if I find some more bugs, but so far so good !

Edited by TotoR, 14 January 2022 - 02:39 AM.

#262 Magus The Magician

Magus The Magician
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2022 - 06:10 AM

Hi, first of all thanks for this awesome mod. I've been using the 3.17 version with no problems last year. Now I've got back to another playthrough with the 4.6 version and since I've seen you added the bug report feature I have some bugs to report. The version of the game is Baldur's Gate Trilogy v1.21.

I've been able to pinpoint that all of the below crashes are because of ToBEx (prolly the dlls) and not because of any of the features of the BG2 Improved GUI (it doesn't matter which feature is installed). I also tested yours "ToBEx afterlife" and the crashes were the same. All of the saves work fine up to and including version v4.00 and crash from v4.01 onwards. So some change in ToBEx settings in those versions is causing those crashes.

WeiDU for RAELIS and CERND:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100 // TobEx - Core: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #101 // Apply Concentration Check On Damage [WIP]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #102 // Awaken On Damage: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #103 // Blindness As Spell Description: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #104 // Disable Stoneskin Grey Colour [C]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #105 // No Spell Interruption On Zero Damage: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Use Caster Level On Mirror Image [C]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #108 // Allow Equipping Armor in Combat: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #111 // Disable Silence On Charm: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #113 // Remain Hidden On Pickpocket Success [C]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #117 // Universal Four Inventory Weapon Slots: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #120 // Drop Inventory on Disintegrate: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Drop Inventory on Frozen Death: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #122 // Drop Inventory on Stone Death: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #124 // Make All Attack Animations Genuine Attacks: Beta 0025
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #115 // Paws from Shapeshifting Can Not Be Dispelled: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #116 // Remove Thieving Start Bonuses from Bard and Ranger Skills: v13
~BGT/BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: v1.21
~SETUP-BGTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Music -> Hybrid Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music
~SPAWNTWEAK/SPAWNTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #100 // BGT Spawn Tweak: v1.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #101 // 1ppv4: Core paperdolls (main component): v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #103 // 1ppv4: Extended palette entries -> Full install (recommended): v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #104 // 1ppv4: GUI additions for BGII: v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #105 // 1ppv4: Avatar fixes: v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #106 // 1ppv4: Female Dwarves -> Separate Avatars for Female Dwarves - Baldur's Gate II: v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #111 // 1ppv4: Thieves Galore -> BGII - Unique Thief Avatars: v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #114 // 1ppv4: Softer Spell Effects: v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #200 // 1ppv4: Core content patches: v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #202 // 1ppv4: Spell tweaks: v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #203 // 1ppv4: Restored flame sword animations: v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #204 // 1ppv4: Colourable Quarterstaves: v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #205 // 1ppv4: Legacy Shields: v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #206 // 1ppv4: Additional Shield Animations (core): v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #207 // 1ppv4: Wizards' Staves (core): v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #208 // 1ppv4: Additional Helmet Animations (core): v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #210 // 1ppv4: Increased paperdoll object variety (core): v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #400 // 1ppv4: Core updates and item patches: v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #401 // 1ppv4: Improved projectile effects: v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #300 // 1ppv4: Fixed animations for solars and elementals: v4.2.0
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #301 // 1ppv4: Miscellaneous content fixes: v4.2.0
~BG2IMPROVEDGUI/BG2IMPROVEDGUI.TP2~ #0 #120 // Loot Panel -> Collect from all nearest bodies as one click action: 4.6

Crashes:

1) CERND. This crash occurs during the first dialog with Cernd in the prison when he says: "I'm Cernd, as I said, ..."

2) RAELIS. After watching the play of the Sigil bards in the tavern in Bridge Disctrict, Raelis Shai comes forward and as she tries to start the dialog, the game crashes.

3) TEMPLES. Upon entering any of the god's temples in the Temple Disctrict, the game would crash. I could not replicate this crash after reinstalling the game so who knows. Could be an area, npc or sound problem. Maybe not related to ToBEx.

4) ICONS on portraits. This was discussed before in this topic. So if I have "Show Action on Portrait" installed and am using my custom script that basically rebuffs a lot of spells outside of combat and am using it with a high level character that has a lot of spells - then the game would crash.

I'm not sure if my saves will be helpful but I'll attach them too. They probably won't work without some of my settings.

Attached Files

#263 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 January 2022 - 07:50 AM

Hi Magus The Magician

Crashes:

1) CERND. This crash occurs during the first dialog with Cernd in the prison when he says: "I'm Cernd, as I said, ..."

2) RAELIS. After watching the play of the Sigil bards in the tavern in Bridge Disctrict, Raelis Shai comes forward and as she tries to start the dialog, the game crashes.

3) TEMPLES. Upon entering any of the god's temples in the Temple Disctrict, the game would crash. I could not replicate this crash after reinstalling the game so who knows. Could be an area, npc or sound problem. Maybe not related to ToBEx.

4) ICONS on portraits. This was discussed before in this topic. So if I have "Show Action on Portrait" installed and am using my custom script that basically rebuffs a lot of spells outside of combat and am using it with a high level character that has a lot of spells - then the game would crash.

Thanks for bugreport !

RAELIS.: i got crash on any version of TobEx, including original v26, problem is empty area link of some hidden Chars in savegame. Savegame seems OK, all area links is present, crash when processing trigger AreaCheckObject("AR0516",Haerdalis) (RAELIS.DLG), something wrong with Haerdalis (*AER10)

CERND: same as RAELIS, but this savegame probably is wrong, few chars like *AER15 has empty area link

TEMPLES: cannot reproduce bug, no issues

ICONS: need investigation

Edited by Insomniator, 30 January 2022 - 07:55 AM.

#264 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 08:54 AM

Magus The Magician, Congratulation, you discovered new bug in original BG2 engine !
Trigger AreaCheckObject() is missing check for Chars out of current map, BG2EE(at least) has fix for it

Please check updated tobex.dll, also i added workaround for icon crash, seems one of spell don't have any abilities. In console window you probably will see debug message about this case.

https://ufile.io/phcdqz5i

#265 Magus The Magician

Magus The Magician
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2022 - 01:52 AM

Hey, thanks for reply and for the updated .dlls. So I found the old full install of BGT with the 4.6 version of your mod and therefore managed to reacreate the TEMPLES crash. But wow after apllying your .dlls, RAELIS, CERND, TEMPLES and even ICONS crashes are all fixed. I'll post the TEMPLES crash just for info then. You will include the fixes in these .dlls into your next mod release right? Thanks for help and I must say your mod is really the best I ever played for BG.

Attached Files

#266 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 01 February 2022 - 10:43 AM

Hi Magus The Magician

So I found the old full install of BGT with the 4.6 version of your mod and therefore managed to reacreate the TEMPLES crash

crashdump say TEMPLES is same bug as CERND,RAELIS

You will include the fixes in these .dlls into your next mod release right?

Yes, i will include all fixes to next update, i will relese big update with content of other MODers (about 7 new componets/fixes), just wait :)

Edited by Insomniator, 01 February 2022 - 10:52 AM.

#267 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 12:30 PM

Updated to major release, v 5.0:

• Innate/Ability/Spell Description Screen on Right Click
  • Colored Selection Circles
  • New Spell Selection Overlay Menu
  • Borderless World Map
  • Show Float NPC Names ('Alt' key)
  • Auto Switch Spell Book between Priest and Mage
  • Additional Character Information on Record Screen (intoxication, fatigue, luck, casting speed)
  • Normalize Sound Volume
  • Add Pause To Save Game
  • Additional Icons on Portrait (improved invisibility, blur/mirror image)

Edited by Insomniator, 22 February 2022 - 12:31 PM.

#268 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 02:16 PM

Outstanding work here too (I've just commented to the same effect in the ToBEx AfterLife thread) :)

#269 TotoR

TotoR
  • Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 07:45 PM

This is just Great.

Thank you Insomniator

#270 TotoR

TotoR
  • Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 07:28 AM

Updated to major release, v 5.0:

• Innate/Ability/Spell Description Screen on Right Click
  • Colored Selection Circles
  • New Spell Selection Overlay Menu
  • Borderless World Map
  • Show Float NPC Names ('Alt' key)
  • Auto Switch Spell Book between Priest and Mage
  • Additional Character Information on Record Screen (intoxication, fatigue, luck, casting speed)
  • Normalize Sound Volume
  • Add Pause To Save Game
  • Additional Icons on Portrait (improved invisibility, blur/mirror image)

Hi Insomniator,

I have on interrogation, one glitch and one request:

- What does the component 'Auto Switch Spell Book between Priest and Mage' do?

- the top of the map screen with the 'Borderless World Map' has some visual gliches (mouse trail - no background)

- With Near Infinity, it is posible to assign any file.spl to quick spell slot (innate, spells...). Do you think that you could make it be possible to assign innate ability to the quick spell slot in-game?

By the way, the 'New Spell Selection Overlay Menu' and 'Borderless World Map' are really a nice additions, thank you for it!

Edited by TotoR, 18 March 2022 - 08:01 AM.

#271 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • Modder
  • 983 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 08:39 AM

@TotoR The 'Auto Switch Spell Book between Priest and Mage' component makes so when you are mage and click at the cleric speelbook, you get mage spellbook. When you are cleric, it's vice-versa.

Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games

Infinity Auto Packager - automatically generate and adds mod packages to GitHub release

Modder's Guide to GitHub - you cannot have progress without committing changes

#272 TotoR

TotoR
  • Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 12:58 PM

@TotoR The 'Auto Switch Spell Book between Priest and Mage' component makes so when you are mage and click at the cleric speelbook, you get mage spellbook. When you are cleric, it's vice-versa.

Ooooooooooh, sometime I feel like I am dumb...

thank you Alien

#273 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 12:37 AM

Hi TotoR, ALIEN

When you initialy select cleric char and click on book button, you get cleric spell book, then click on mage char on right panel, book will swithed to mage spells, just as EE does.

Edited by Insomniator, 19 March 2022 - 12:45 AM.

#274 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 12:43 AM

Hi TotoR

- the top of the map screen with the 'Borderless World Map' has some visual gliches (mouse trail - no background)

Please switch to 2D(DirectDraw) from opengl or vice versa to check same bug, also check windows/fullscreen modes.

EDIT: there is mistake in installator if widescreen mod installed:

COPY_EXISTING ~GUIMAPWB.MOS~ ~override/GUIMAPWD.MOS~

must be

COPY_EXISTING ~GUIMAPWB.MOS~ ~override/GUIMAPWX.MOS~

- With Near Infinity, it is posible to assign any file.spl to quick spell slot (innate, spells...). Do you think that you could make it be possible to assign innate ability to the quick spell slot in-game?

I think problem is cleric/mage class, it may requires switching between three books to assign spell.

I will answer detailed after doing some check...

Edited by Insomniator, 20 March 2022 - 06:13 AM.

#275 TotoR

TotoR
  • Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 12:13 AM

Hi TotoR

Please switch to 2D(DirectDraw) from opengl or vice versa to check same bug, also check windows/fullscreen modes.

EDIT: there is mistake in installator if widescreen mod installed:

COPY_EXISTING ~GUIMAPWB.MOS~ ~override/GUIMAPWD.MOS~

must be

COPY_EXISTING ~GUIMAPWB.MOS~ ~override/GUIMAPWX.MOS~

It works, thank you Insomniator

#276 Dan_P

Dan_P
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 01:37 PM

Hi, I had a question about the Extended Event Text component (also called Extended messages/sounds in the OP, and Extended Items/Quest/Spell messages in the installer). 

I'm not sure if you saw my post here from a few months ago, regarding the TobEx "Expanded Actions" hack and how it changes the NoAction() script action to disable Modal states, but it's related to it. I have a script mod that requires disabling this hack to function with TobEx because of the arbitrary change to NoAction().

So I hadn't tested my script with this GUI mod until today. No conflicts with this mod or TobEx Afterlife, except for Extended Event Text. If Extended Event Text is installed, and the Expanded Actions hack is disabled, then the game crashes when trying to load a save. I'm assuming the component requires Expanded Actions to work.

I was going to just add a warning message in my mod, and skip if this component is installed, but I also thought I'd bring it up here, in case a potential fix is possible (either to the component or to NoAction()).

#277 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 04:48 PM

Hi Dan_P

So I hadn't tested my script with this GUI mod until today. No conflicts with this mod or TobEx Afterlife, except for Extended Event Text. If Extended Event Text is installed, and the Expanded Actions hack is disabled, then the game crashes when trying to load a save. I'm assuming the component requires Expanded Actions to work.

I was going to just add a warning message in my mod, and skip if this component is installed, but I also thought I'd bring it up here, in case a potential fix is possible (either to the component or to NoAction()).

Thanks for report.
1) I usually keep all TobEx options enabled, so it is possible to crash when some option isn't enabled and i forgot to add check about this case
2) About NoAction() i will answer in TobEx topic after investigation issue

Edited by Insomniator, 31 March 2022 - 04:50 PM.

#278 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 April 2022 - 05:21 AM

Thanks again for the all great new updates. Am interested though, is a zoom-in feature like in EE possible with the old engine?

#279 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 April 2022 - 06:41 AM

Hi Vlan

Thanks again for the all great new updates. Am interested though, is a zoom-in feature like in EE possible with the old engine?

It's impossible, you can only zoom GUI to x2 when choose resolutions above 1280x960, i restored this feature for usable level

#280 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 April 2022 - 04:07 PM

Hi Dan_P

Hi Dan_P

Thanks for report.
1) I usually keep all TobEx options enabled, so it is possible to crash when some option isn't enabled and i forgot to add check about this case

Crash fixed, will be updated in next release