Photo

BG2 Improved GUI

• Please log in to reply
366 replies to this topic

#281 GiantPotato

GiantPotato
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2022 - 06:10 AM

Insomniator, thanks for all your work on this! The mod has definitely breathed new life into the game for me.

I've noticed two issues with Tobex v26 and this mod installed:

1. Selecting a spell from the new spell menu does not work when the area underneath is covered by fog of war. The spell menu disappears after clicking on a spell but no spell is selected.

2. The THAC0 in the inventory page is sometimes incorrect. Picking up and placing a weapon in a weapon slot will show the correct damage but show the THAC0 of the previously held weapon. Left-clicking on something (anywhere on the inventory screen) after this will then make the THAC0 update to the correct value.

Edited by GiantPotato, 24 April 2022 - 06:10 AM.

#282 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 April 2022 - 06:30 AM

Hi GiantPotato

1. Selecting a spell from the new spell menu does not work when the area underneath is covered by fog of war. The spell menu disappears after clicking on a spell but no spell is selected.

I will check this, thank for report

2. The THAC0 in the inventory page is sometimes incorrect. Picking up and placing a weapon in a weapon slot will show the correct damage but show the THAC0 of the previously held weapon. Left-clicking on something (anywhere on the inventory screen) after this will then make the THAC0 update to the correct value.

Please provide steps to reproduce this issue:

1) Class of char + possible items with THAC modifiers

2) WeaponXXX in main hand, thac on Inventory = XXX1, thac on Record screen = XXX2

3) WeaponXXX replaced by WeaponYYY, wrong thac on Inventory = YYY1, wrong/right thac on Record screen = YYY2

#283 GiantPotato

GiantPotato
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2022 - 07:50 AM

Please provide steps to reproduce this issue

Tested with a new install, just Tobex and this mod installed:

1. Start a new ToB game and import TOBMAGE character (Savegame is attached)
2. Open the inventory. THAC0 for quarterstaff is correct at 11 (15 base -0 proficiency -4 weapon enchantment) (screen1.png)
3. Left-click on sling in slot 2 to pick it up, then left-click again to place back in slot 2. Damage numbers change but THAC0 stays set at 11 (screen2.png)
4. Left-click once on empty slot 3, THAC0 will change from 11 to 9 and is now correct (15 base -1 missile adjustment -0 proficiency -3 weapon enchantment -2 ammo enchantment) (screen3.png)

Attached File  THAC0.zip   2.33MB   40 downloads

Edited by GiantPotato, 24 April 2022 - 07:54 AM.

#284 GiantPotato

GiantPotato
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2022 - 09:18 AM

Reproduced one additional thing related to "Improved Store&Bag Interface":

1. Open a store that has a bag for sale (screen4.png)

2. Double-click a bag of holding in the player's inventory. The bag in the store will disappear as expected (screen5.png)

3. Double-click or shift-click on any item in the store below the bag. The game will select the item above the one clicked (screen6.png)

Attached a sample save file, double-clicking the ray of enfeeblement scroll will select the scroll case instead after you open the player's bag of holding.

Attached Files

#285 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 April 2022 - 10:35 AM

Thank you for files, i was able to reproduce THAC0 bug, this is one of TobExTweak.ini option, after some try&test i found Engine:Disable Force Inventory Pause, when it is =1, my THAC0 calculation get messed.

Edited by Insomniator, 24 April 2022 - 10:36 AM.

#286 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 April 2022 - 12:16 AM

Hi GiantPotato

THAC0 on Inventory & Store Double click fixes:

https://ufile.io/l41qx02o

Please check and report back

#287 GiantPotato

GiantPotato
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2022 - 03:12 PM

Both issues look fixed with the new version, thanks!

#288 GiantPotato

GiantPotato
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2022 - 05:40 PM

BTW I've made an additional inventory screen for THAC0 numbers just for my own use, if anyone has any interest in it let me know and I can upload it as well.

Inv.png

#289 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 10:16 AM

Updated to 5.1 (bugfixes)

• Mod: Greyscale state embedded to savegame
  • Mod: Greyscale Icon-less mode, keyboard switch
  • Fixed: Item Drop Event text message
  • Fixed: Spell Description Screen for choice mode
  • Fixed: THAC0 calculation on Inventory screen
  • Fixed: Store Interface double clicks
  • Fixed: Extended Event Text crash when Expanded Action disabled
  • Fixed: SpellMenu disabled icons
  • Fixed: SpellMenu bug with fog of war

Edited by Insomniator, 28 April 2022 - 10:17 AM.

#290 MikeX

MikeX
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 01:54 PM

Hi Insomniator,

thank you for this awesome mod, this made me stay with the classic version at least one more time...

I especially like the 'Restored x2 Scaled GUI' components. For me, this is the best option to play the game on my 1920x1080 monitor.

Unfortunately, it does not play seemlessly with the new loot panel of this mod.

Regarding the chu and mos files changes, Widescreen mod treats the smaller resolution we have to use (960x540) differently than your mod expects it.

It takes the chu file that fits inside both the x and the y resolution (which in my case is guiw.chu for 640x480), copies it to guiw10.chu and than scales this and the attached mos files up.

I temporarily changed lootpanel.tbh to my needs to take care of it. In the end, I think, it may need to be installed after component 2400 to detect its presence and act accordingly.

Two issues remain, if component 2400 is installed, that, I think, needs to be addressed via TobEx:

-the height of the window for the new lootpanel is some pixels too small

-the scroll button for the loot slots show up too late.

In my case, I have 14 slots, but the button only show up, if the number of loot items is bigger than 21

And one question:

The readme states something about a 'one click action to collect all available loot'. Is there a button to click on for this (like with the EE) and if yes which and where ist it?

If you want to adress the described issues and need more information (screenshots?), let me know.

I think v5.1 misses the issue from post #275/6.

Again, thanks for all the effort and support.

#291 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 01 May 2022 - 11:06 PM

Hello Insomniator!

I love component 5 (THAC0 and Damage info on Inventory screen) but I am also a user of TuTuGUI and I read that they are not compatible. I was wondering if there was anything that could be done to just have the THAC0 and Damage info displayed in the TuTuGUI character record screen instead, the way SimDing0's Virtue did?

#292 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 May 2022 - 04:52 AM

Hi Salk

I love component 5 (THAC0 and Damage info on Inventory screen) but I am also a user of TuTuGUI and I read that they are not compatible. I was wondering if there was anything that could be done to just have the THAC0 and Damage info displayed in the TuTuGUI character record screen instead, the way SimDing0's Virtue did?

Basicaly is compatible with any GUI, the problem is that it is difficult for me to redraw the graphics while maintaining the original style. That's why background image already has 3 style variants.

If someone adds additional rectangles for THAC0 and Damage of both hands to the TutuGUI inventory screen keeping "BG1" style,  I will enable this component for this screen.

#293 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 May 2022 - 05:06 AM

Hi MikeX

I especially like the 'Restored x2 Scaled GUI' components. For me, this is the best option to play the game on my 1920x1080 monitor.

Unfortunately, it does not play seemlessly with the new loot panel of this mod.

Regarding the chu and mos files changes, Widescreen mod treats the smaller resolution we have to use (960x540) differently than your mod expects it.

It takes the chu file that fits inside both the x and the y resolution (which in my case is guiw.chu for 640x480), copies it to guiw10.chu and than scales this and the attached mos files up.

I temporarily changed lootpanel.tbh to my needs to take care of it. In the end, I think, it may need to be installed after component 2400 to detect its presence and act accordingly.

Two issues remain, if component 2400 is installed, that, I think, needs to be addressed via TobEx:

-the height of the window for the new lootpanel is some pixels too small

-the scroll button for the loot slots show up too late.

In my case, I have 14 slots, but the button only show up, if the number of loot items is bigger than 21

Screenshot with issue is welcome :)

Yes, Widescreen mod converts any resolution to patched guiw10.chu, my installer must work with this properly

And one question:

The readme states something about a 'one click action to collect all available loot'. Is there a button to click on for this (like with the EE) and if yes which and where ist it?

There is no additional button, it this mode item stacks from all corpses.

Example:  corpse1 has Gold=1, corpse2 has Gold=2

Normal mode: shows TWO Gold buttons, count =1 and =2, if corpse1 has another items, second gold button will be after all coprpse1's items

Group mode: shows ONE Gold button, count=3

I think v5.1 misses the issue from post #275/6.

v5.1 has fixed GUIMAPWX

probably you have different issue with wordmap

#294 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 02 May 2022 - 06:16 AM

Hello again!

If someone adds additional rectangles for THAC0 and Damage of both hands to the TutuGUI inventory screen keeping "BG1" style,  I will enable this component for this screen.

I fear that it is impossible to create space in the Inventory screen (INVENTOR.MOS). That is why I suggested adding the numerical info in the character record screen. SimDing0 created a modification for BG2 called Virtue and he needed to add information there and managed to do it.

Unfortunately my coding skills are practically non existent but someone capable of reading Virtue's .TP2 could quite easily come up with a solution.

#295 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 May 2022 - 06:42 AM

You could try Kilivitz.

#296 MikeX

MikeX
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2022 - 10:05 AM

Hi Insomniator,

WeiDU.log:

Spoiler

Screenshot (don't know how to insert them directly),

Widescreen mod installed with 960x540 resolution, screen resolution 1920x1080:

https://imgur.com/a/QbJqrxh
As I said the mod patches the wrong mos for what comes out after widescreen mod (GMPWSG8.mos instead of GUICONTB.mos).
I fixed it (read which mos is used and copy/patch that one):

https://imgur.com/a/5qX19CN

See the wrong height.

Scroll buttons:

https://imgur.com/a/tOSC1jx

They should appear, if more the 14 items are available, right now they only appear, if more than 21 are available.

Click to collect:

Ok, understood.

v5.1:

Ok, function is ok, only print command still has the wrong mos file.

#297 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 02 May 2022 - 09:04 PM

Hello again, Insomniator!

I was wondering if I was clear in what I was trying to suggest earlier and possibly I was not. So I try to explain what my suggestion is for having component 5 (THAC0 and Damage info on Inventory screen) for TuTuGUI users.

My suggestion is to make the component provide the information not on the Inventory screen but on the Character Record screen. So yes, the name of the component would not be right for TuTuGUI users but that is not important.

But I think the idea is good because in the Character Record screen there is already info about the THAC0 for Main hand and Off hand weapons.

Ideally it would appear just under the THAC0 info (and in case of dual wielding just under the Main hand and Off hand THAC0 info), as illustrated in the screenshot.

Baldr000.jpg

The way Virtue adds additional info would be similar to something like this (using tokens) but this way the THAC0 values would be displayed after the damage info and those statistics are usually in the opposite order in the game:

@1056910 =  ~Off Hand Damage: <OHD> (Approx: <AOHD>)
Off Hand THAC0~
@1056911 =  ~Main Hand Damage: <MHD> (Approx: <AMHD>)
Main Hand THAC0~

STRING_SET 56910 @1056910
STRING_SET 56911 @1056911

I don't know what string number the game uses when the character is wielding a single weapon but that would be the same:

@10xxxxx =  ~Damage: <SHD> (Approx: <ASHD>)
THAC0~

STRING_SET xxxxx @10xxxxxx

Cheers!  :cheers:

Edited by Salk, 02 May 2022 - 09:05 PM.

#298 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 05:15 AM

Hi MikeX

Widescreen mod installed with 960x540 resolution, screen resolution 1920x1080:
https://imgur.com/a/QbJqrxh
As I said the mod patches the wrong mos for what comes out after widescreen mod (GMPWSG8.mos instead of GUICONTB.mos).
I fixed it (read which mos is used and copy/patch that one):
https://imgur.com/a/5qX19CN
See the wrong height.

Scroll buttons:
https://imgur.com/a/tOSC1jx
They should appear, if more the 14 items are available, right now they only appear, if more than 21 are available.

pre-v5.2 https://anonfiles.co...vedgui_v5.2_zip
Installer and buttons fixed, needs reinstall mod
Please report back if something still bugged

Ok, function is ok, only print command still has the wrong mos file.

Thanks, pre-5.2 still has wrong installer output, will be fixed in public release

#299 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 05:30 AM

Hi Salk

@1056910 =  ~Off Hand Damage: (Approx: )Off Hand THAC0~
@1056911 =  ~Main Hand Damage: (Approx: )Main Hand THAC0~

OHD/AOHD/... useless because you cannot calc these vars in scripts

Engine uses printf() style to append many lines to one multi-line TextArea text object:

v275 += cds_temp3->baseclass.hitBonus;

v13 = cdsCurrent->baseclass.THAC0;

v14 = CBaldurEngine::FetchString((IECString)&v235, 61932).m_pchData;

CBaldurEngine::UpdateText((int)Screen, (int)TextArea, (char *)"%s: %d", *v14, v13);

one hand weapon:
v19 = cdsCurrent->baseclass.THAC0 - cdsCurrent->baseclass.toHitBonusRight - v275;

v20 = CBaldurEngine::FetchString((IECString)&v232, 9457).m_pchData;

CBaldurEngine::UpdateText((int)Screen, (int)TextArea, (char *)"%s: %d", *v20, v19);

@61932 = ~Base THAC0~
@9457  = ~THAC0~

p.s.
OK, i will add thac/damage numbers to Record screen

Edited by Insomniator, 03 May 2022 - 05:35 AM.

#300 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 03 May 2022 - 08:24 AM

Great!

Thanks, Insomniator!

Edited by Salk, 03 May 2022 - 08:25 AM.