• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#21 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 05:45 AM

@Nitrick

However, in the instruction PDF (in the "Which mod in what language?" part) I realize that a lot of mods indicated as not being translated in French finally have a French translation (I am French speaking).

I admit that the "Which mod in what language?" part is not complete. As I already indicated in my first post I was glad to get BWP finally off my back for a while. I will make it up with the next update.

So my question is, will I have to modify the BWP installer and is that likely to cause problems?

It is very simple to add French translations to the Installpack. Just open the BiG World Installpack\install\Tra.txt file and add the component number in question like for example Fr-2. Look into this file - it is self exploring.

I will update the Tra.txt soon. However, I will only add those languages that are either included in the officially released mods or in one of the BWP Textpatches. The reason is that there are a few different textpaches around (French, Polish, Russian and who knows what else) and they might use the same language number for different languages.

I started to make a summary of the different mods. I will try to keep it up to date as best as possible.

Your list is very helpful. I will match the "Which mod in what language?" part with your list. Where do the mod descriptions come from? May I use them for my guide?

@TotoR
Thank you for your suggestions. That is enough stuff for a new release. However, that will take a while.

@jastey
I will change the install order.

Balduran's Seatower also changes directories to letters in other mods. Would you please fix that?

#22 Nitrick

Nitrick
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 06:46 AM

Hi @Leonardo

Glad that my work can be useful to you, it is also made for that :)
The descriptions are already from your PDF.
It took me a long time to copy / paste, but I found it interesting to add them.

I finally finished to update : versions / links / languages
(I have tried to be as exact as possible but errors may exist)

I can easily give you the editing rights on it, if you want.

And ofc, thanks for the information about the installpack!

Edited by Nitrick, 03 April 2021 - 03:21 PM.

#23 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:10 AM

In addition to TotoR's links of several mods not included in current BWP here is my little contribution: http://www.anomaly-studios.fr/mods/

It seems that Anomaly Tweak Pack unlike his BG1 NPC's at the beginning is not included. 

#24 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:11 PM

Balduran's Seatower also changes directories to letters in other mods. Would you please fix that?

BST doesn't change face directories to letters "in other mods". The current version adds a definition where CreateCreature needs face directions from a face.ids if using letters instead of numbers. This clashed with the (unorthodox) face letters used in EE's dir.ids, which is fixed already.

Same did Fishing for Trouble, which is also updated.

#25 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 10:36 AM

So If I want to make an install of BWP v 19 on Win 7 will work ? or this new version is just for Win10 ?

#26 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 12:52 PM

So If I want to make an install of BWP v 19 on Win 7 will work ? or this new version is just for Win10 ?

Read the <language> instructions, English... and find out, the OS info is in it. I would assume so at least.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#27 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 08:07 PM

@The Imp I read it and after that I asked. For me is still unclear if v19 is for Win 7 after all Leonard Watson explanation from first post. If for you is clear please respond with yes or no on my question. Thanks in advance.

#28 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:07 AM

@TotoR

Shadows Over Soubar component numbers are not up to date
- Ascalon’s Breagar is v10, full english and component numbers have changed
- Hubelpot is v2 and component numbers have changed
- Jastey’s Solaufein is v2.2, full english and components have evolved

And so on….

That’s why I ask modders not to change the component numbers because the player does not get those components that he wants. Add new numbers for new components as much as you want, delete numbers for abandonned components, but please don’t use already assigned numbers for new components.

@jastey
I have just installed BST directly after the Sovereign mod. This is not the recommended install order, only just to identify the culprit.
Sovereign adds an action to the FINSOL01.dlg: CreateCreature("crsovevo",[1340.1200],0)
After the installation of BTS the direction is changed to: CreateCreature("crsovevo",[1340.1200],S)
After changing the line

APPEND ~ACTION.IDS~ ~7 CreateCreature(S:NewObject*,P:Location*,I:Face*Face)~
                                UNLESS ~7 CreateCreature(S:NewObject*,P:Location*,I:Face*Face)~

from the bts.tp2 to

APPEND ~ACTION.IDS~ ~7 CreateCreature(S:NewObject*,P:Location*,I:Face*)~
                                UNLESS ~7 CreateCreature(S:NewObject*,P:Location*,I:Face*)~

I have the right direction number again although BST itself does not add anything to the FINSOL01.dlg.

Also some other mods cannot be installed because of this. I have no idea why this happens I can only say what I notice with that mod.

@danemanuelk

It works on both systems and even on Win7 32-bit. The Installpack will check your system and installs the mods correctly. If you run a 32-bit system there will be warnings with a few mods that cannot be installed (the most recent Stratagems, Wheeels and Make in Heaven).

#29 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 04:07 AM

It works on both systems and even on Win7 32-bit. The Installpack will check your system and installs the mods correctly. If you run a 32-bit system there will be warnings with a few mods that cannot be installed (the most recent Stratagems, Wheeels and Make in Heaven).

Does it also check the weidu.exe's to be the correct versions ? Via hash checks ... something like that.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#30 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 04:41 AM

Big THANKS Leonardo for a new version. Your dedication on this project is simply astonishing. I remember my first install (version 5 or something like that) and now is version 19. Again thanks and my gratitude forever.

Edited by danemanuelk, 05 April 2021 - 04:41 AM.

#31 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:01 AM

Also some other mods cannot be installed because of this.

Which ones?

BST adds a face.ids to the game, that's why all face directions are shown in letters after installation in the game. This is just a way the scripts are displayed, no behavior in game is changed by this (the scripts / dialogues aren't changed, either, the face directions are just dislayed as defined by the new face.ids).

This can only lead to problems if mods use letters in a different order (SEE instead of ESE etc.), which BGT mods usually do not do because the original game worked with numbers. Only possibility to get problems here is if another mod adds a different face.ids/dir.ids and changes the definition of CreateCreature in ACTION.ids. Then this would be also a problem caused by the other mod, not just BST.

Again: Fishing for Trouble does the exact same thing. I could remove the face.ids and the changed definition of CreateCreature in ACTION.ids, but it wouldn't help in an install where the current Fishing for Trouble mod is included, too.

#32 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:16 PM

Hello everybody. I have a problem and I need advice. After I start BiG World Install.bat then is a moment when is required to change proprieties to Run as administrator. I used that facility many times on other applications without problem, but now changing box is locked (entire tab option is on grey color). I don't know what to do. Any advice will be welcome.

Any other .exe files let me to change run as admin. I use Win 7 64 bit.

Attached Images

• run as admin 2.jpg
  • run as admin 1.jpg

Edited by danemanuelk, 05 April 2021 - 10:18 PM.

#33 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 12:34 AM

Hi,

I've found on hdd a little of rare/chinese/korean mods marked as unavailable in DL folder:

Unavailable.txt:
Realm of the Bhaalspawn Armor Set
Rukrakia 0.8
Shar-Teel NPC 1.3
(most probably different Mod, setup-k9SharteelNPC.tp2)

manuallyRoW.txt:
DNT (Tomoyo and the Underground City) 0.9
YLItems pack Final

I can reupload to shsforums.net if somebody needs it

#34 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:32 AM

Please Insomniator re-upload them I want to install those mods.

#35 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:04 AM

I second that. Still remembering when I downloaded them from that chinese site for  now defunct BWS. I guess that site is down now? You would do great service to community. You can throw and Market prices and BGT portraits v3 if you have them. 

#36 ChitownWillie

ChitownWillie
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:48 AM

Leonardo,

For "Scales of Balance", documentation reads:

Install Component 102[IWO - Functional Weapon Tweaks]? [N]ot Install
This component causes the game to crash.

Yet I have used this component without problems.

Do you happen to recall the specifics of the crash?

#37 Jakar

Jakar
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:43 AM

I second that. Still remembering when I downloaded them from that chinese site for  now defunct BWS. I guess that site is down now? You would do great service to community. You can throw and Market prices and BGT portraits v3 if you have them. 

founded Market prices and Shar-Teel NPC 1.3 if anyone needs it. https://easyupload.io/m/486ash

#38 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:55 AM

@Jakar thanks for that two mods !!!

#39 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:35 AM

founded Market prices and Shar-Teel NPC 1.3 if anyone needs it. https://easyupload.io/m/486ash

Thanks a lot, it's much appreciated.  :cheers:

#40 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 11:11 AM

Re-uploaded to "SHS Download Section" some missed mods:

Realm of the Bhaalspawn Armor Set http://www.shsforums...pawn-armor-set/
Rukrakia 0.8 http://www.shsforums.../1269-rukrakia/
DNT (Tomoyo and the Underground City) 0.9 http://www.shsforums...derground-city/
YLItems pack Final http://www.shsforums...8-ylitems-pack/