Save and quick save stop working on reload

TUTU

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 04:15 AM

I would really appreciate help with this before I uninstall whole thing and never again play anything Baldur's gate related. I have strange problem, one that I never encountered before, when I reload my save game ( and quick save, which are both in the same area, Nashkel shop ) game immediately freezes. If I'm real quick I can pause game quickly and in that time frame I tried anything I could think of ( changing last known game variables, dumping inventory, move to another area) but all in vain, the second I unpause it again game stop working. Error log shows nothing like Tobex text document also. Windows action center gives no detail about type of error. When I enter the same area from last auto save, save and reload everything is fine. I tried area checker ( strange thing is that when I enter it's "t-test" area game also freezes without explanation) but no luck. I desperately seek help to debug this error and see at least what the problem is. 

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:17 AM

Did it become night at Nashkel ? The game could crash due to the game trying to load a night map... try saving in another area and see if it loads saves etc. And then do what ever you can to avoid the area. And we are talking about Tutu game here, correct.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:52 AM

Did it become night at Nashkel ? The game could crash due to the game trying to load a night map... try saving in another area and see if it loads saves etc. And then do what ever you can to avoid the area. And we are talking about Tutu game here, correct.

Thanks for reply pal, but I discovered what was wrong at price of losing whole day on this stupidity and actually getting sick. I think I'm close to stomach ulcer.  :blink: Yes the game is TUTU but it has nothing to do with night visit. Reason is Aurora's shoes and boots and it's apparent incompatibility with 1pp ( even if installed after 1pp, per compatibility instructions). When I came to Nashkel Karaea's cre didn't have any animation just blue circle on the place where she was standing after game paused. I was thinking to change her animation but after I saved game at Nashkel store I couldn't reload. After desperately exploring with NI this problem I somehow found solution, decompressing save file and deleting Karaea creature seems to work. I'm sick and tired of all of this but I will make final effort to continue my saved game with Karaea's animation changed. So far I hadn't any success. 

Edited by Greenhorn, 17 April 2021 - 08:53 AM.

#4 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 10:59 AM

Greenhorn, I'd say take a break and play a nice game to relax, but...

#5 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 11:06 AM

Greenhorn, I'd say take a break and play a nice game to relax, but...

LOL  :lol:, I may just do that.  :P

#6 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 12:09 PM

Yey, for cross forum content quiddity. But really, you should tell that to people.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#7 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 12:59 PM

Yey, for cross forum content quiddity. But really, you should tell that to people.

Ah, relax buddy, those that matter ( to me ) already know. And you just rectified my oversight.  :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TUTU