• Please log in to reply
528 replies to this topic

#81 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 07:18 AM

@Lucy, do not insult my intelligence.
I was the only one who's stated the possibility of avoiding the mod...
Besides, I've already forgiven you :P

Anyway,
Point 1) means nothing, I'm hetro and open-minded, despite all the
debatings
Point 6) holds a wrong assumption, Imoen leaves the party when your
reputation is very low

@LSWSjr: take it as a peacemaking-move: you have good intentions, but it's
that attitude that keeps racism alive. We should talk about skin color in the
same manner we state that someone is blonde or dark-haired. That was my point.

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#82 Auvrin

Auvrin
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 10:25 AM

She sticks by you even if you become an evil bastard.

Eh... heh.. Actually she doesn't after a certain point.. I've hit that point many times and she always leaves, telling me I can pick her up at the CC when my attitude changes.
Of all things in this world... Our self built cages, are our worst design of hell.

Fear me simply because I'm blunt and honest.

*WARNING* I am rated R for suggestive themes and violent material. If you need a warning label don't leave home, cause there isn't a warning label on your front door.

Posted Image

-Pain is beatiful.-Posted Image

#83 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 10:38 AM

But even there, she waits for you to change your ways and come back for her, making her the only NPC who, upon Breaking, does not either leave you forever or try to kill you.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#84 INeedTheNetInMyRoom

INeedTheNetInMyRoom

Forum Blabbermouth

• 86 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 12:01 PM

While the battle of who Imoen will like has died down for the moment... I would like to say that I don't know which one she would like, because I have not seen enough evidence to go any one way in how she acts.
I'm not crazy... at least thats what those voices I keep hearing tell me.

You say I'm a pyro like its a BAD thing

#85 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 01:23 PM

Why do you need evidence? Since when has that stopped people arguing over the incest angle?

#86 Gospel

Gospel
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 04:41 PM

1) She's open-minded, a must for any bi
2) She's playful (not evidence in and of itself but it helps)

Immy kitty doesn't seem to even consider a relationship with CHARNAME :'( *purrs* Me nevew insult Immy kitty cat, but... still... doesn't seem all that open-mindedies :(

I really have no idea what you mean for the second. I knows you said it's not really evidence, but I don't see how it helps at all
Is kitty :)

#87 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 05:15 PM

: laughs:
An absolute maximum of three of the people CharName meets...possibly four, if CharName is a paladin and you count teenagers with crushes...consider becoming involved with him, or her. It's not exactly evidence against openmindedness that someone does not consider it.

That's without getting back into the incest bit, or getting into the "Imoen doesn't seem interested in romance" bit.
Posted Image

#88 Gospel

Gospel
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 05:22 PM

: laughs:
An absolute maximum of three of the people CharName meets...possibly four, if CharName is a paladin and you count teenagers with crushes...consider becoming involved with him, or her. It's not exactly evidence against openmindedness that someone does not consider it.

*purrrs* :D

Yiss sir, not quiteies evidence, if she doesn't start to like him at a random time... :)

But in the banter with Viconia cat and stuff... she seems to think it would be sick :(

I really don't think of that as open mindednessies :(

#89 Althernai

Althernai
  • 246 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 05:37 PM

An absolute maximum of three of the people CharName meets...possibly four, if CharName is a paladin and you count teenagers with crushes...consider becoming involved with him, or her.

BAH! Bah I say! And again BAH! With 18 Charisma (eventually 20), I thought that everyone in the game would like me. But no, all you get is a lousy price reduction in the stores.

Incidentally, we don't know what Imoen is thinking - we don't know whom she is considering a relationship with. The only one who might know is... Sarevok (this is from IE - I've never actually had the heart to ask her to sacrifice a part of her soul):

"How about the agony you felt as your soul was ripped from you? The despair at being left only with the cold voices of your tainted heart, discovering what was inside you all along? How about the hurt you keep deep down within, wondering if you weren't good enough for Gorion? Wondering why you're a Bhaalspawn? How about the loneliness... the unrequited longing you --"

And she interrupts him. She is hiding a great deal behind that cheerful mask - you simply aren't told what is really going on in her head.

#90 Gospel

Gospel
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 05:40 PM

Quitchy cat said it's the longing for death and destruction! :D

#91 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 05:45 PM

"...unrequited longing for death and destruction."

: blinks:
Well, I'm glad to hear death and destruction do not long for Imoen.
Posted Image

#92 Althernai

Althernai
  • 246 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 05:50 PM

Ah, OK - sorry if this has been posted before - I was just trying to illustrate that she never really tells us what she is thinking.

#93 LSWSjr

LSWSjr

Creator of DHSTU

• 48 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 06:43 PM

@LSWsjr again:
Funny...
You are the only racist between us two, and you don't even know it

The perfect example of what "bigot" means

I must apologise Littiz for the actions of one of my employees by the name of Karlek Johnson our head of programing :angry: , who used my user id to post messages of this website and does NOT speak for me. :(

I have made sure that it won't occur again, back to what you said, I feel it is a fair assumption that my slow witted worker is indeed a closet racist in the way in which you stated.

Let us return to this project at hand and forget a certain employee of my who is soon to find out he has recieved a pay cut for this month. :D

LSWSjr of LSWSjr of LSWSjr Publications, Australia signing off.
[QUOTE]*
In the end, when the chips are down, when you feel like its all over, you have to ask yourself "Was this the right way to be defeated by the inevitable?" and there is only one answer... "It is in this liftime, so I'll see ya in the next, Rowan T. of LSWSjr Publications signing off!"

*Rowan Tritton of LSWSjr Publications/Productions/Studios Australia.

#94 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 02:48 AM

@LSWSjr:
That's fine, besides, my reaction was too strong and I had already
repented it :(
It's not the first time I have to defend against such accusations, and it
angers me a bit

Lucy:
well, thinking of it, your points seem to assume that all the qualities
a person may have belong to bisexuals!
She's loyal, playful, extraordinary, she cares for the heart...
Now I tell you, this is a prejudice against hetros!!!!

(ah, the pleasures of retoric! :D :D)

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#95 Silverose

Silverose

Overly Creative Lady

• 506 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 04:00 AM

I have to say, this is probably the first time I've glimpsed into another MOD. I've found it interesting and intriguing. Especially the debates. And arguments. And then some.

But I have to say that I've never even seen Imoen go beyond any playful teasing. She seems to hang around the PC a great deal and has admitted that she is glad he/she is around because she could not survive the whole thing otherwise. In my mind I see Imoen almost utterly dependent on the PC--regardless of gender. The whole incest bit doesn't apply here because a god--Bhaal in this point--has no limited gender or "genetic" crossing to cause trouble in this. I might not be entirely comfortable in making Imoen a romanceable character--it's my own personal feelings but I would still try the MOD out if only for the amusement factor.

As for making Imoen straight, bisexual or homosexual... I wouldn't care. Not one bit. I recall reading a post by someone that says Bioware might have decided to make everyone straight in order to avoid a huge controversy. Even now after numerous movies, television shows with homosexual scenes, it's still a fine line to walk.

But..... because someone is making this game for their own creative fun--and deciding to share it with everyone else--we ought to be just supportive and say, "Well.. I'm not comfortable with this but good luck anyways" and leave it at that.

I honestly don't care about anyone else's opinions. If it looks like a good idea, I'll take it. If it isn't, I'll decline. Simple as that. If you want to bring this into a huge public debate, I'm not going to respond. It's more... well, mature (can't think of a better word)... to argue in private and leave everyone out of it. You got a problem with Imoen being straight, bisexual or homosexual, deal with it in your own private time.

It is, after all, merely for fun!!

I personally, though I am a woman and don't lean that way (not really), would like to try out this Imoen relationship because it seems like fun. That's it.

My own two cents.

#96 Auvrin

Auvrin
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 11:09 AM

Silverose... Probably the first usefull, or even on topic post in this thread. I fully agree with all of it as well.
Of all things in this world... Our self built cages, are our worst design of hell.

Fear me simply because I'm blunt and honest.

*WARNING* I am rated R for suggestive themes and violent material. If you need a warning label don't leave home, cause there isn't a warning label on your front door.

Posted Image

-Pain is beatiful.-Posted Image

#97 thecursed

thecursed

Just a ghost from the past

• 680 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 12:25 PM

R we talking about a relationship or a romance between the two chars, 'cause to me two very different words.

and btw is her sexuality so important to you all? for any choice the author makes there will be objections and if (s)he were to want to avoid them (s)he might as well stop now.

present us with the finished product and then we will decide by chosing to dwnload it or not.
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"
Gerrard of the Weatherlight

Wisdom: Distinguish the extraordinary from the spectacular

Beware My ever shifting avatar!!

#98 -RobinBanks-

-RobinBanks-

Posted 24 October 2002 - 06:50 PM

:rolleyes: gawds.. you guys never read the book?? she's obviously got some degree of male intrest.. and when Phaere goes for Imoen in the book.. she's quite turned on by the idea..... I'd say she's extremely BI.. and proud of it..way to go girl!!!

#99 Althernai

Althernai
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 07:23 PM

:rolleyes: gawds.. you guys never read the book?? she's obviously got some degree of male intrest.. and when Phaere goes for Imoen in the book.. she's quite turned on by the idea..... I'd say she's extremely BI.. and proud of it..way to go girl!!!

Since you have obviously not bothered to read other people's arguments, I will repeat myself: the fact that the book has her as bi is powerful evidence for her being straight - the book gets everything else wrong, why do we expect it to get this right? :lol:

Seriously though, there is nothing in that unworthy waste of paper, ink and information storage that is admissible as an argument for anything in the game. I am having trouble thinking of other trash to compare it to - I don't think I've ever seen anything quite so bad.

#100 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 08:03 PM

Besides, if the book was even slightly relevant to the game--which it's not--it would be evidence that CharName killed Khalid and Imoen and Minsc didn't join CharName until BG2.
Posted Image