• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#81 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 12:54 PM

Hey there are ways... and then again I am not sure he would want to dabble in necromancy... yet. ;)

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#82 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:55 PM

Chapter 53 is finally posted. I am sorry once again for being slow, and taking my time with final revisions. It is called 'The Bright One' and can be found here:

http://www.onlinefic...Ashes_ch53.html

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#83 Vita Muerte

Vita Muerte

BG2 Addict

• 80 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:06 PM

Hey, why don't you post it in the fanfic section? Had it not been for the fact that I'm hooked on BG-related stories, I probably would've missed out on yours. Great job btw. ;)

#84 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:19 AM

Erhm, lol, BGA is 53 chapters long, each chapter about 5-6 000 words. Which makes it about 300 000 words. Now, average paperback is 400 words per page. I guess it means a 700-800 pages book already... or a series of small paperbacks. I seriosly doubt it will fit onto the FF section here. Ahem. Of course I can start posting it there chapter by chapter, but it can take ages to post it all, and who would keep waiting for the next one when it is all available
in one package already? Hmm. I need to think about it. And thank you for the commentary btw. ;)

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#85 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:13 PM

Haunted Reverie is one nasty spell. But I suppose that would be expected from a malicious, petty deity like Kiaransalee.

In sort, the spell drew upon insecurities that Joneleth already harbored for some time, didn't it? Drew upon them and amplified them. Ellesime's rejection is a blow his pride cannot take, he fears that so much, which fuels further possessiveness. I suppose Joneleth is planning now to take the Tree's power, at this point. As terrible as that act is, I think it would be satisfying to see Goldfeather suffer from it. I find it somewhat difficult to sympathize with Goldfeather. If anything, I think it's easier to dislike him, given his politicial maneuvering. He's not really concerend about justice or fairness, in this case, considering he sided with that miserable boy in the matter regarding Joneleth.

#86 Arcalian

Arcalian
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 11:55 AM

Another part soon? :whistling:

#87 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 06:22 PM

Getting there!

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#88 -Ahrimal-

-Ahrimal-

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:34 PM

You once said there are actually three minds inside Joneleth's head, if memory serves. The old Joneleth, Jon Irenicus, and the current Joneleth. Irenicus has talked to the current Joneleth a bit. Will the old Joneleth be doing the same? Irenicus seems rather disdainful of the current Joneleth, though at the same time resigned to helping him. Will Irenicus want the current Joneleth to work with Bodhi again? Will the old Joneleth talk with the new Joneleth a bit? How does the old Joneleth feel towards the current Joneleth? Will he be helping the current Joneleth against Bodhi perhaps?

#89 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:25 PM

Today after the longest break ever I finally updated BGA with the new
chapter 54 - Denoument, it concludes the 'Royal Hunt' part. Next Chapter will return us back to the 'present time'.

I apologise for the delay.

the new chapter can be found here --

http://www.onlinefic...Ashes_ch54.html

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#90 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 11:20 PM

Chapter 55 has been added. It is called The Man Who Was Not There and can be found here:

http://www.onlinefic...Ashes_ch55.html :whistling:

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#91 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 04:42 PM

Interesting. I look forward to more chapters in the future as this story progresses.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#92 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:53 PM

I am currently working on the next chapter - among many other things... Hope it will happen faster now that I am done with the Royal Hunt.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#93 -Just a Guest-

-Just a Guest-

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:05 PM

Very nice story, I've really enjoyed it very much and can't wait to see what will happen next!

-JaG

#94 -Ahrimal-

-Ahrimal-

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:52 PM

Well, Joneleth had best approach the situation carefully. How much should he tell Demin? How much should he leave out? Perhaps he should just take the same approach he did with Adalon and tell everything, then let her scan his mind if she can. Granted, it would be unpleasant to suffer through this humiliation again if Demin gloats about it, but it's better than being executed.

Ah, so that other elf was Ryndeth. He is understandably bitter and hostile, but I hope he has not forgotten the promise he made to Nyonin. He had best fulfill that promise now, if he has even a shred of honor left.

As for Corellon's crescent, I assume Demin's lot took it? If so, why would they just leave such a sacred icon in some random tree?

#95 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:19 PM

1. better than being executed - very true! however even that might not be a solution since they might suspect he is pawn in somebody else's game...

2. Ryn does not have much patience left... but yes the kiira is still with him

3. Well, it was not Demin in person who first searched his pockets and somebody might have wanted to hide that thing - it is too obviously a holy symbol of Corellon and hardly something that a traitor to his kin would carry with him at all times.

But it was a good plot review! Thank you very much. ;)

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#96 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 12:24 AM

Chapter 56 is added to the BGA site. It is called Sister Demin's Balance and can be found here:

http://www.onlinefic...Ashes_ch56.html

I decided to leave the next scene for chapter 57. Sorry folks - it is just getting a bit difficult lately.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#97 Delight

Delight
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 10:38 AM

Yay! ^_^

#98 -Ahrimal-

-Ahrimal-

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:48 PM

Well, this captivity has been rather humiliating for Joneleth, hasn't it? Although it is not wise to bait Demin as he is doing, I can understand why Joneleth feels the need to lash out like that. Furthermore, for better or worse, he has firmly established his racial identity as one of the Tel'Quessir. That's comforting, I suppose. If nothing else, it is an anchor of sorts for him. As for becoming inured to the prospect of execution and all that, I guess it was the only way for him to remain sane. Although, if Joneleth is to reach the quest's end, I think he should try to overcome some of his fatalism. I can understand his distress and anger at being treated like this by his supposed kin, along with just about everyone around him wanting to use him, at least from his perspective. It's bitter medicine, but I hope it does him some good at least.

Rillifane sulking? An interesting picture, though I'm not sure he's that childish. I wonder why he's not stepping in to help Demin solve the mystery. Does he desire to hurt Joneleth by keeping his mouth shut, or did Corellon forbid him from interfering?

Miamla is a bit naughty, taking all the squirrel's cache like that. Well, no serious harm done, I suppose. The squirrel still has enough time to restock before winter. It's relieving to see that Corellon is helping Joneleth by guiding Omwo and Miamla to him. He could really use a reprieve at this time. Well, hopefully Miamla's testimony might garner a favorable outcome for Joneleth.

By the way, who is the new guardian? Another dragon?

#99 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:40 PM

New Chapter 57 of the Bitter Grey Ashes have been added - finally. It is called 'DUBIOUS SOJOURNS' and can be found here:

http://www.onlinefic...Ashes_ch57.html

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#100 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:53 AM

Yay!

- Caedwyr