Valen Romance

• Please log in to reply
347 replies to this topic

#341 kamuizin

kamuizin
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:03 AM

If the topic is still alive, let me add a hint: Vampires are sensual and erotic beings by nature (or unature), take vampire masquerade of white wolf studios, Bram Stoker's Dracula, that film with Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt among others. The base idea of a vampire is to be sociable with human cos they NEED to blend in human society, even in dark ages a vampire don't walk on the street screaming "I AM A VAMPIRE!!!".
Whit that put, i think the problem is the "non existence of a romance for her", but to hoverer make the romance, remember that she don't really love, or expet a deep relationship, she ll use sex to profit most the time, for example with the main char to get advantages, so she can make what she wants more easly on the party, or with another NPCs, to be protected by them during the day (with the moron on the copper coronet that flirt with every woman there, so she take him to a room and... well a nice snack no?!)
About the redemption option, i don't see much reason to be made, after all what the problem of these ppl that can't understand that some ppl ENJOY BE EVIL!!!!
Hoverer about the corruption, well that's not entirely impossible, the NPC winner will be by far Anomen, followed by aerie, and maybe some options to Nalia and Imoen (after all she is a children of Bhaal, and if the Charname can become evil in hell, why she can't?).

Well, if someone pick the idea here ... :)

Edited by kamuizin, 08 November 2011 - 09:05 AM.

#342 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

About the redemption option, i don't see much reason to be made, after all what the problem of these ppl that can't understand that some ppl ENJOY BE EVIL!!!!

The problem is that nobody is actually evil, therefore nobody can enjoy being evil, and that's why Valen is sociopatic and not evil, she needs professional help, not a good guy with 18 charisma!
Sex with a dead person isn't a thing somebody would actually do (are there any necrophilac mods yet?). Also The Anomen would never be corrupted, since he's a firm follower of the Law!

Also Salvanas would never go with a woman anywhere, talk about lore unfriendly mods!

#343 kamuizin

kamuizin
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:05 AM

The problem is that nobody is actually evil, therefore nobody can enjoy being evil, and that's why Valen is sociopatic and not evil, she needs professional help, not a good guy with 18 charisma!
Sex with a dead person isn't a thing somebody would actually do (are there any necrophilac mods yet?). Also The Anomen would never be corrupted, since he's a firm follower of the Law!

Also Salvanas would never go with a woman anywhere, talk about lore unfriendly mods!

Sry man, but i think u're a little naive, serious, i'm almost starting to believe in the politician rules from my country (i'm brasilian, by the way), but hey! Who am i to evaluate someone view of the facts! I just put my view here (but would be fun to see someone using Freud theory doing a psychological analisys in a Valen lying on a duvet XD).

Well, with that behind lemme put it cleary, you're appealing to fallacy my friend, serious, the actual vampire legends are a innuendo for eroticism. The idea is not the sex by itself, but empathy and social skills, and well... necrophilia... let's make a complaint against all the vampire stories in existence! Wow that Bram Stoker guy is sick!!!

But now serious, that part "...Anomen would never be corrupted, since he's a firm follower of the Law!", u really mean that man? I like a good chat but... if u gonna say that earth is square or that the sun orbits around the earth, will be impossible to sustain a health chat.

By the way, salvanas don't need actually like womans, he just need to give valen a opening, the natural vampire dialoge here would be him starting a chat with her, she charm or dominate him, take him to a room and the rest anyone can figure out.

Edited by kamuizin, 10 November 2011 - 08:08 AM.

#344 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:26 AM

First, Freud's psychoanalysis methods are outdated and useless!
Second, vampires being a creative outlet for people wanting to have sex with dead corpses does not justify the idea of having sex with dead corpses!
Third, Anomen's character change to Chaotic Neutral is ridiculous and should never ever take place (at least before ToB, when he suddenly became worse than Korgan for some reason?), since he's never doing anything that would mark him as such. Besides, he must be lawful, because Helm is still accepting him as a worshipper.

#345 kamuizin

kamuizin
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:41 PM

Ok dude, let's just forget this plz, u have u opinion and i have mine, i disagree with almost everything u put and i justified my reasons, but let's not make this a particular chat fight (and probally is not even u, i have a serious problem of make ppl lose patience when they chat with me), the frist reply hold my idea, the other that followed it has my justify.
Just to add a note here, i ll let this link to pocketplane forum where i posted a idea last year, so ppl can evaluate that to.

Romance idea 1

romance idea 2 Just take a look on 3° § about my idea of valen and sarevok.

If comes to be against the rules to hiperlink to other forums, i'm really sorry cos i didn't found anything about it here, and any moderator that want to correct my post just erase the blue lines if the erase of the hiperlinks become necessary.

Edited by kamuizin, 10 November 2011 - 09:41 PM.

#346 -Chio-

-Chio-

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

vampires being a creative outlet for people wanting to have sex with dead corpses does not justify the idea of having sex with dead corpses!

I don't think anyone needs to justify it. Vampires as sexual beings is just part of general vampire lore, regardless of whether it's creepy or romantic. And when these stories have been going on in folklore, novels, TV etc for a very long time, I think it's a bit underwhelming to bash the idea of a Valen romance mod for a 10 year old game. It's nothing new.

#347 BR4ZIL

BR4ZIL
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:35 AM

Well, as for what kamuzin said about vampires, the same could be applied to the Drow, yet we have sexy drow priestess that can change her ways and in the end, love "Charname". Really, this is a mod, everything is possible and dont forget, we are talking about D&D vampires here, not your average "traditional" vampire.
As for Anomen being corrupt, kamuzin, your trying to apply real world logic to D&D universe, paladin's are hardly corruptible, only some drastic event could change that, and i agree that even if something would happen, he would have to stay Lawful.

#348 Lassal

Lassal
  • Modder
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:15 AM

Valen's romance would be great, but seems there is nothing done from 2011 year...

She is my type of girl:-)

If main character is a vampire, it would be twice good to romance her. If main character is more powerful than Bodhi, Valen can fortreit Bodhi and praise main character instead. (Sorry for not good English).

SetGlobal("BodhiRomance","GLOBAL",2)

Mods:
Vampire World for EET - http://www.shsforums...-world-for-eet/
Mercenaries of Sword Coast for EET - http://www.shsforums...-coast-for-eet/
Bank of Baldurs Gate for EEThttp://www.shsforums...s-gate-for-eet/
Caelar's Fall for EEThttp://www.shsforums...2-caelars-fall/
Pregnancy for EE/EET - http://www.shsforums...or-bg1bg2eeeet/
Sister of Bhaalspawn for EEThttp://www.shsforums...lspawn-for-eet/