Photo

Orphan Characters

• Please log in to reply
337 replies to this topic

#221 --Silver--

--Silver--

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:56 AM

I was wondering, is Gronk still unadopted? Because, if so, I would love to use him as part of my mod in progress.

#222 ingrown

ingrown
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:07 AM

Name: Ingot
Race:Gnoll
Class:Barbarian
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

stats
Not too sure about what stats a Gnoll would have, high strength and constitution?

Skills: Halberd and two weapon fighting

Special:Cloak of Fear once a day

Bio:
The Gnoll that approaches you in area 5200 in Bg1. He was thrown out of the Gnoll stronghold for wanting to roast Dynaheir, he remembers seeing you on his way from the stronghold and later discovers you slaughtered many of the Gnoll who outcast him, you find him in one of the cages of the slaver compound, he asks you to go with him back to the Gnoll stronghold hold to kill the Chief who outlawed him, allowing Ingot to succeed him. He is not loyal to you but realises he cannot storm the stronghold him self and that you have.

Quests:
Possible quest to go back to the Gnoll stronghold from Bg1, but with an interior, to kill a Gnoll Chief, and retrieving a halberd.

Banters:
Arguing and eventually fighting with Minsc, Keldorn, Anomen and Mazzy.

This mod is a bad, rushed idea, but hopefully someone may be able to make something of it.
"chicken killer - SHOOT THE CHICKENS! - NO?"

#223 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:42 AM

Not too sure about what stats a Gnoll would have, high strength and constitution?

I think I can help you out with that. Normal Gnolls, have 9 in every stat and are of a chaotic neutral alignment.
Gnoll Captians on the other hand have 18 in STR, and +60 in STR+, they are also of Chaotic Evil alignment(go figure)
There are various other gnoll types but these are the key differences as per the data in the game.

Anyways, there's a lil tipper for usual gnoll stats.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#224 leezl

leezl
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:55 PM

A lot of characters came back, sort of, but there are still some that didn't come back.  There's Edwin, Jaheira, Khalid, Tiax, Minsc, Imoen, Ajantis (I think he's dead when you find him), Coran, Safana, Garrick, Quayle, Xar, Faldorn, Montarron, Dynaheir, Viconia...maybe another couple...They are mentioned or joinable.

Then there's Branwen and Xan who are only in the tutorial. But there are mods for them. Other characters aren't there Alora, Shar Teel, Eldoth, Kagain, Skie, Yeslick, and Kivan, though Kivan has a mod.

Edited by leezl, 11 August 2007 - 06:29 PM.

#225 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:04 PM

Delainy/Duryle is actually in the works over at Gibberlings3.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#226 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:49 PM

If someone wants to use an NPC that I've brainstormed somewhere in my cortex, be sure to PM me to let me know, I should be able to fill ya in in the loong details I already had drawn up, but lack the true talent to make an independent mod on my own.
But then again, who knows? :D

Name: Athena ?Luna? Silvermoon
Race: Human
Class: Thief/Mage
Class Kit: Assassin
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Stats (below)
STR: 11/0
DEX: 18
CON: 10
INT: 17
WIS: 10
CHA: 17

Starting Proficiencies: +2 Two Weapons Style
+1 Scimitar
+1 Short bow

Bio: When asked about her past, LUNA goes silent for a while as if gazing into her own funeral, she rises from this stupor however and relates to how she grew up in the slums of Waterdeep as an outcast due to a few anomalies which were present with her as she grew up. She states that she joined the mysterious organization known as the Ultimate Zero in her teens and was trained in the ways of an assassin and mage. She claims the Ultimate Zero strives for unity throughout the lands of Toril, yet it is clear she has doubts about some of their methods, and it is also clear that they have been the only family she has ever had, and over her old life, a far better future but no less bloodier. She refuses to continue on from there, obviously also having lost something too dear for her questionable loyalty, or maybe something before that. You can?t help but ponder, what that may be, and how desperate things must become before she?ll tell you.

Personality: Luna is at first cool and passive in her opinions and way of coming across, almost emotionless in her methods. However below is a caring heart that has suffered much to the trials of her life in and outside of the secretive Ultimate Zero, having lost family and suffered betrayal at every turn, and forced to do things in ways most would consider immoral, all highly illegal as well.
She wishes to leave the UZ, fearing the brotherhood like organization in its zeal will eventually claim her life as well, after all power is held through treachery in some of its ranks, and she also worries all around her will suffer because of this.
Overall her nature is good and kind hearted, she on a personal level despises evil acts, and has a personal vendetta with slavery due to personal issues that almost destroyed her shattered life. Her love life has always been business, both forced and sometimes required to get information before terminating the subject for the UZ?s agenda. However if the PC manages to slide under her scarred psyche s/he may be able to either help her learn trust and love in its purest form, or convert her into a form of evil assassin, and lustful lover should they choose to push too far, either evil way the result will fracture her nature into a quiet confused outlook.

Starting Area: Docks District; Athkatla
In the Sea?s Bounty 2nd Floor.

She is currently working in cooperation with the Shadow Thieves under the orders of the UZ, but the conflict with Bohdi's guild is forcing extreme measures to be taken, the UZ has also charged her with the interrogation and elimination of a certain noble located in Athkalta, the PC should encounter her in the process of this, forcing information from the noble's brother, the PC then can either intervene by attacking or trying to convince her of one thing or the other, regardless her attention will turn on the party and if they prove of hostile intent she'll be not the only assassin of magical talent in the room to deal with.
Here's the portrait I had in mind, and yes I know that it is similar to Avatars I've chosen, and yes that symobl on her forehead is a spoiler as to who this parody organisation is based on.
NormalNODDel3L.jpg

Her interaction with the PC should be rommantic regardless of gender, as long as they are of Elven, Half-Elven or Human racial heritage, flirts are also what I had in mind both intiated by her and the PC, specific to gender.
Questions also regarding her home city, knowledge of the land, stance on the Bohdi and Shadow Thieves (she is currently working with the Shadow Theives, but they are simply a means to an end with the UZ agenda, so its up to her to choose), the underdark 'noble' races and so on. All these were planned to be PC intiated, as a way of increasing the player's interaction even if no romance is intended.

Anyway, there she is, all what I thought up of in one night. :)

Edited by Solar's Harper, 04 August 2007 - 04:47 AM.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#227 leezl

leezl
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:20 PM

Delainy/Duryle is actually in the works over at Gibberlings3.

:blink: ooohhhhhhhh. Thank-you, I'll check it out.

#228 -Dont ask-

-Dont ask-

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:59 PM

If you want to hear my ideals I've got NPC that I be museing about.

She a drow, tho her story remanistik of are dear Viconia. This little drow of mine is quit young about 55 to 60 years old, old enuff to know the way of the drow but it hasn't sunk in all the way yet. Shes a bit naive, for a drow anyway. She confuse, lost, and vulnerable, the reasn for this mindset is that she a twin but her twin was a male. They ways knew were the other was, what they were feeling. They loved each other, they were a part of each as twins tend to be, but as we learn form dear Solaufein and Phaere loving relationship, that such thing are looked down a ponded. So brother dear got gutted. Unforchinly she felt every bit of it and peace of her diyed with him. She knew who, she know why. she was so discusted, so full of hate and pain of for her kind, she aboanden her people went were there no drow, the upper would.
she has a huge gap in her pysce and the pc will full that gap so I say it should be a romance

class: Kensai
Alignment: True Neutral
Sex: Female
Race: Elf
Str: 12
Dex: 18
Con: 15
Int: 15
Wis: 10
Cha: 16

Take her if you want her

I don't know much about the drow,

#229 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:10 AM

I was just going to start this topic when I realised it already exists.

Ok. here is one of mine:
I originally came up with the idea when I first played BGII with an evil mage. It turned out that I had very few people to put in the front line. Unless you consider Vicky as a fighting type, the evil parties only really have Korgan (and, perhaps, spell-buffed Heardalis.) This npc is meant to fill this gap.

His statistics are not set as numbers so they can be lowered if they feel overpowered but personally I have never met a half orc with STR below 18.

Grozhar
Half-Orc male warrior.
Lawful Evil

Backround story: Grozhar was born in Zenthil Keep, a son to a half-orc priest of Bane. He was a captain in Zhentarim army until recently, when one of the numerous intrigues within the Keep led to his father's death and him becoming a hunted fugitive. Now he seeks to dissapear in Amn by joining one of the numerous mercenary bands.

When Grozhar was born, everyone expected him to become a priest of Bane like his father. Unfortunately, Bane perished in battle against Torm when Grozhar was four years old. Still, his life is directed by principles of Bane's philosophy. He is a powerful warrior with a tendency to look down on almost everyone, highly intolerant of "weaklings" and "fools". His attitude has made him some enemies in the past and will certainly make some more in the future.

When Grozhar learns about the bhaalspawn and how Bhaal intended to use them to return to life, he is very interested. For him, this is a proof that Bane too could return one day. He will certainly want to accompany <charname> to see how the story ends.

Statistics:
As could be expected from a half-orc brought up in Zenthil Keep, Grozhar is very strong and tough. He is also quite agile.
Average inteligence makes him smart for a half-orc and his "education" has resulted in fairly high wisdom. His only real weak spot are social skills.(will probably cause some conflicts with party members)

Weapons:
Grozhar's fighting skills are focused towards the fighting style typical for priests of Bane: flail\morningstar and shield.

Special powers: none

Special items: "Hopecrusher": a +1 morningstar (immunity to stun, 10% for ignoring magical protections. Possibly upgradable later.). Grozhar's faith allows him to wield it, though it should only be usable for priests of Bane.

Quirks:
1 Grozhar takes care to never make empty threats. Bad news for Jansen. :P

2 Rarely uses peoples' names.

Romance: none. Grozhar is used to owning women, not sweettalking them. He will be impressed if a woman manages to beat him, but this is as far as it can get.

SOUNDSET:

Yes?
What needs to be done?
Any problem?
At once.
Music to my ears.
Hah. You are the boss.

Combat:
Let,s see what you'we got!
Bring it on!

Critical hit:
Die weakling!

Critical miss:
Dammit!

Seriously wounded:
I..won't...go..down..that...easily!

Flee:
I am not gonna die here!

Enemy invulnerable:
Tough guy, huh? No problem , I'l strike harder!

Night comment:
Darkness falls. Beasts of the night wait silently for their prey. They are in for a nasty surprise...

City comment:
Almost feels like home. If only the thugs weren't such wimps...

DIALOGUE EXAMPLE:

Grozhar: I have heard your story ,elf. It bothers me. Why didn't you escape from the slavers?

Airie: They feared that I would try, and were careful not to give me a chance. I was locked in the cage all the time.

Grozhar: It couldn't have been that hard. I have met a lot of slavers and most of them were little more than common thugs.

Airie: If you didn't notice, "I" can't bent metal bars with my bare hands!

Grozhar: Who sais about using brute strenght? You are a woman ,dammit!
You just needed to smile to the dumbest of them, show him a coulple of things and then gut him with his own knife when he opened the cage.

Airie: What? You think I could do something so ... horrible? And still, they were much stronger than me.

Grozhar: Then, you could get him drunk and steal the keys. Or at least use your body to buy yourself better treatment. Even my grandmother could do that much. She was human, a slave to an orc warlord and she ended as his most important wife.

Airie: Who do you think I am ? ...No. Even if I had no self respect, I couldn't stand Them touching me.

Grozhar: So instead, you sobbed in your cage and waited for a knight in shiny armour to save you, while your wings rotted. How pathetic.

Airie: You are disgusting! Leave my alone!

Grozhar: I was right the first time. You have got a heart of a slave. You would have spent the rest of your life as a pet of that mad gnome if not for...

Airie: I told you to leave me alone!

<charname>: Leave her alone Grozhar!

Grozhar: It seems your master has decided to defend his property. No problem with me.

I think he may have found a home. If I can get a good soundset for him he will be made. I need to reconfirm that he is still homeless.

Edited by leahnkain, 13 June 2008 - 07:12 AM.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#230 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:19 AM

When Grozhar was born, everyone expected him to become a priest of Bane like his father. Unfortunately, Bane perished in battle against Torm when Grozhar was four years old.

:D Too bad the poster isn't around. A fantastic sense of humor.

#231 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 15 June 2008 - 06:59 AM

Grozhar
Half-Orc male warrior.
Lawful Evil

He has found a home. He is no longer an Orphan Character. Thank you Efreet for making such an interesting character. He will give Classic Adventures something new.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#232 Jarin Hawkeye

Jarin Hawkeye

Wanderer

• 37 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:50 AM

I would really love to see an NPC with the Ferelan Kit.

It would be someone:
who responds to Viconia's "Male, fetch me something to eat" with a wolfish growl.
Is driven away from Cloakwood by a lot of spiders.
Has not really learned to speak (Incomplete and/or gramatticly incorrect sentences)
Is still intillegent, so please do not make him talk like Tazok or hobgoblins ><.
Never really learned to solve conflicts peacefully.
Could be a Human, an Half-Elf, or an Half-Orc. Humans tend to drop their children (read: Outside-Marriage children) in the forest more easily then the other races.

Edited by Jarin Hawkeye, 04 July 2008 - 07:59 AM.

#233 Jarley

Jarley
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:53 PM

Just a thought that doesn't seem to leave me be. So, here we go.

Name: Emblem
Class: Barbarian
Stats: Undecided

Emblem is a character I originally designed for my RPG. But since it seems less and less likely every year that I'll ever get to write the said RPG, here he is.

He is a human male, approximately 26 years old, but not many believe him to be human on the first glance. He has a few drops of dragon blood running through his veins but not enough to make him half-dragon or giving him the ability to morph into one. For the most part the effect of his dragon genes is cosmetic only: he has four horns (two long ones and below them two shorter ones.) His face at wrost, is a hard mask at places, and at best scaly. He has long, black hair that seem to sprout out of the back of his head, from between the horns. His scales make his facial expressions most of the time seem something else than they're meant to be.

His outlooks don't, though, effect his personality a great deal. He believes that the past is best left where it is. If there's a conflict in him, it's about his heritage - his mother died giving birth to him as his horns caused wounds that could not be mended. This fact still bothers him to date: he knows it was his mother who carried the dragon genes and that she knew the risks with having him but did so regardless.

It is his dragon part that makes him go berserk at times.

As a berserk he has no great love for law and is more approving of chaotic options in the game. He tends to act before he thinks, leading the party to many a trouble.
Dreams are like vertebrae - a broken one can cause paralysis

#234 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:09 AM

Name: Akron
Class: Wizard Slayer
Alignment: NG/N/CN (haven't decided yet, will likely be determined by his dialogue)

Str: 15
Con: 17
Int: 16
Wis: 12
Cha: 10

Personality: Kinda like Jan, only taller. Instead of stories, he'll have occasional puns. Magic doesn't make sense to him, and he'll tell you why on several occasions (expect to see some scientific and mathematic principles). His mentor, a priest of Gond was ruthlessly killed by a powerful mage, causing him to abandon his life of invention and seek vengeance. He doesn't like paladins much, thinking they are wound too tight.

Romance: It will be an awkward romance, in that Akron will have no idea how to proceed. He'll worry that if he doesn't say and do the right things, bad things will happen to him. Basically, all the jokes comedians make about relationships will be going through his head, only he'll be taking them seriously. Expect him to panic when asked tough questions. Also, if you ever voluntarily turn into the Slayer, he will leave the party for good.

NPC relations: He'll only attack two NPCs, Edwin and Anomen. Edwin's can be avoided if you do his Nether Scroll quest. Anomen will be killed in a duel to the death. If romancing Akron, there will be another fight between Anomen and Akron though less bloody (they'll beat each other with their fists). He will get along very well with Jan and Valygar. He'll tease Keldorn and may have some harsh talk with him. He won't get along with Jahiera due to her relationship with the Harpers. Other NPCs will have neutral conversations with.

Quests: Two quests. One will involve him avenging his mentor's death (with an interesting twist). The other will explore his relationship with his family. He will meet his brother, who happens to be a paladin.

Edited by Konalan, 18 August 2008 - 11:15 AM.

A compilation of my BG2 mods:
Konalan's Tweaks

#235 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:36 PM

A pity he's in this thread. I think I'd like him.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#236 Sister Vigilante

Sister Vigilante
  • Modder
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:11 AM

This sounds super interesting and I hope somebody takes it up--an intellectual fighter, who's witty without being snarky, and a member of a class that gets little love. Not to mention his low strength score presents an interesting challenge for players.

I just have two concerns:

1) About magic "not making sense"...I mean, this is Faerun, not our world. Not to simply say "it's fantasy, suck it up and accept it," but--we have no way of knowing if the essential laws of physics are even the same, because it's never discussed.

Now, if anyone actually wanted to get into the theoretical physics debate about whether the world could be "created other than it is," I would be interested to see if they could pull that off. But basically, if the mod showed an intelligent man accepting that magic exists (which it obviously does) and honestly trying to come to terms with that, perhaps with buy-in from other intelligent characters (and taking the super-natural, very real in Faerun, into account), that would indeed be interesting. But if he would simply point out that magic isn't possible going by high-school science and math, that's nothing a player didn't already know (and dragons have far too much mass to fly!)

2) Anomen is "killed in a duel to the death." I assume that, depending, Akron could also be killed in this duel. Also there must be an incitement to conflict that isn't mentioned here, since Anomen isn't that short-tempered (he doesn't even fight Korgan in the vanilla game as far as I recall)

[I also I might change his name. Ak[i]l[/i]on is coming out any day now at G3, I'm sure, and he might already make things a bit confusing with all the NPCs who have short names beginning with "A."--at G3 alone.]

Name: Akron
Class: Wizard Slayer
Alignment: NG/N/CN (haven't decided yet, will likely be determined by his dialogue)

Con: 17
Int: 16
Wis: 12
Cha: 10

Personality: Kinda like Jan, only taller. Instead of stories, he'll have occasional puns. Magic doesn't make sense to him, and he'll tell you why on several occasions (expect to see some scientific and mathematic principles). His mentor, a priest of Gond was ruthlessly killed by a powerful mage, causing him to abandon his life of invention and seek vengeance. He doesn't like paladins much, thinking they are wound too tight.

Romance: It will be an awkward romance, in that Akron will have no idea how to proceed. He'll worry that if he doesn't say and do the right things, bad things will happen to him. Basically, all the jokes comedians make about relationships will be going through his head, only he'll be taking them seriously. Expect him to panic when asked tough questions. Also, if you ever voluntarily turn into the Slayer, he will leave the party for good.

NPC relations: He'll only attack two NPCs, Edwin and Anomen. Edwin's can be avoided if you do his Nether Scroll quest. Anomen will be killed in a duel to the death. If romancing Akron, there will be another fight between Anomen and Akron though less bloody (they'll beat each other with their fists). He will get along very well with Jan and Valygar. He'll tease Keldorn and may have some harsh talk with him. He won't get along with Jahiera due to her relationship with the Harpers. Other NPCs will have neutral conversations with.

Quests: Two quests. One will involve him avenging his mentor's death (with an interesting twist). The other will explore his relationship with his family. He will meet his brother, who happens to be a paladin.

Edited by Sister Vigilante, 19 August 2008 - 08:13 AM.

New Feature: The Best of 20th Century Theoretical Physicists (According to Wikipedia)

"I would just like to say that our friend Dirac has got a religion, and its first commandment is, 'There is no God and Paul Dirac is his prophet.'"

--Wolfgang Pauli

"I think my heart just broke in my mouth a little bit." --Octopus Pie, the comic for those who live or have every lived in New York City

It is hardly worth the effort of trying: Xan NPC - voice and ToB romance author
Can't we just...forget the past?: Angelo NPC - voice and author
What the Thunder Said: Fury - a BG1 fanfictionary

#237 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:53 AM

I originally intended to make this character myself (and indeed I've already started). The problem is I'm still quite new to modding and have no experience writing dialogues. I'm currently looking at theacefes NPC tutorial to get me started. I imagine this could take several months to complete at my casual modding pace. Since I'll be leaving for Basic Training by then, it might not get completed.

1) About magic "not making sense"...I mean, this is Faerun, not our world. Not to simply say "it's fantasy, suck it up and accept it," but--we have no way of knowing if the essential laws of physics are even the same, because it's never discussed.

Now, if anyone actually wanted to get into the theoretical physics debate about whether the world could be "created other than it is," I would be interested to see if they could pull that off. But basically, if the mod showed an intelligent man accepting that magic exists (which it obviously does) and honestly trying to come to terms with that, perhaps with buy-in from other intelligent characters (and taking the super-natural, very real in Faerun, into account), that would indeed be interesting. But if he would simply point out that magic isn't possible going by high-school science and math, that's nothing a player didn't already know (and dragons have far too much mass to fly!)

This is something I haven't fully thought out yet so I'm not sure what direction I want to go with this. The only reason I mentioned science and math is due to the fact that he hung out with a priest of Gond (God of invention) for most of his childhood. I don't think I'd go as far as swallows carrying coconuts.

2) Anomen is "killed in a duel to the death." I assume that, depending, Akron could also be killed in this duel. Also there must be an incitement to conflict that isn't mentioned here, since Anomen isn't that short-tempered (he doesn't even fight Korgan in the vanilla game as far as I recall)

What I have in mind for this fight is that Akron and Anomen will begin by bickering with each other, coomplaining about the others personality. Eventually this will escalate into taunts and eventually the duel.

[I also I might change his name. Ak[i]l[/i]on is coming out any day now at G3, I'm sure, and he might already make things a bit confusing with all the NPCs who have short names beginning with "A."--at G3 alone.]

I didn't realize Aklon existed until after I started working on this NPC. I'll have to rack my brain for a better name.

Edited by Konalan, 19 August 2008 - 08:57 AM.

A compilation of my BG2 mods:
Konalan's Tweaks

#238 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

I didn't realize Aklon existed until after I started working on this NPC. I'll have to rack my brain for a better name.

Heh. Same thing happened to me, but in my case, it was an NPC in MftW. The D&D character Gavin is based on was named Ian.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#239 Sister Vigilante

Sister Vigilante
  • Modder
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

Someone might like to collaborate with you on this: if you look at the big mods that are out there, few of them were made by just one person. With a speedy ally it would be totally possible to do a mod in a few months. I guess it's the nature of artistic communities, though, that there are more people who have ideas of their own than are looking to help others with theirs ;) but I certainly think this is worth the effort.

New Feature: The Best of 20th Century Theoretical Physicists (According to Wikipedia)

"I would just like to say that our friend Dirac has got a religion, and its first commandment is, 'There is no God and Paul Dirac is his prophet.'"

--Wolfgang Pauli

"I think my heart just broke in my mouth a little bit." --Octopus Pie, the comic for those who live or have every lived in New York City

It is hardly worth the effort of trying: Xan NPC - voice and ToB romance author
Can't we just...forget the past?: Angelo NPC - voice and author
What the Thunder Said: Fury - a BG1 fanfictionary

#240 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:14 PM

Name: Asamora
Race: Half-elf (Her mother is an elf but was raised by humans)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Dex: 13
Con: 13
Int: 12
Wis: 16
Cha: 13

Personality:
She's very shy at first preferring to keep to herself until she learns of the pc's heritage and inquires about their nature. She has an interest in her elven heritage and oftens asks elf characters questions(elven pc, Elhan, etc.)
. She isn't a terribly funny person but has her moments and can make light of certain situations even her home life like saying her mother must be part drow as it's the only explanation for her nature.

Biography more genral ideas then a real one: Her birth mother was a cleric of Talos and her father a Fallen cleric of lathander. Her father wallowed in self-pity for a long time after his fall(because of her mother) becoming a drunk and spending time at the copper coronet. . Her mother had mixed feeling about her "family" sometimes she was in love with Asamora's father sometimes she hated him and their 3 children. Eventually she abandoned them and Asamora became mother to her siblings. They were eventually taken in by her aunt A priestess of Lathander where she "found" religion. She rarely sees her brother who ran off to become a mercenary and her sickly sister lives in the slums but frequents the Temple district. She has a volatile relationship with her mother and

Romance: For either male or female PC, She likes it if the PC is outgoing but is aware of the risks surrounding his or her heritage. She is wary at first unsure of what to make of a Bhaal spawn. The PC can be kind of distant and even cold but he or she must not be incredibly rude or she will not romance them. She will initially take an interest with good pcs questioning them about their conflicting nature. With Neutral PC's she will question their purpose in the realms. With evil PCs she will remain distant for awhile but shows hints of becoming infatuated, by the time she does say she's in love with evil him/her she will suffer a crisis of faith. She does become distant when the pc becomes the slayer but when confronted says she does not want to lose him/her to the "dark fire inside" then vows to protect them even if it mean dying. When she is turned by Bodhi she hesitates a moment before bodhi yells at her and she attacks. She us incrediby thankful she is revived and swears her love to the pc.

NPC relations:
Generally she gets along with all the npcs except:
Viconia: Because of her attitude
Keldorn:Because of his home life.
Haer'Dalis: Because he bugs her with his aloof attitude.

Anomen: She chastises him for his arrogance in a manner that makes him feel more ashamed than angry. They often have similar views but she does not try to push hers on people which leads Anomen to question her conviction. This leads to a rather large argument in which the pc can intervene . They come to grow on each other and if there is no active romance they do fall in love. She mellows him down a bit but he is still ,pardon my french, an ass and accepts it.

Imoen:She likes Imoen but she can be too cheery for her tastes sometimes. She try's to put some discipline into Imoen but for the most part fails.

Jaheira: She respects her views and they "often" talk about "the Balance" of things. They often have a kind of simple philosophical debate

Jan: Simply put he reminds her of her uncle Jayne who saved a small town called Canton only to be eaten by a wyvern She has a certain fondness for him that most characters do not.

Quests She meets a corrupt and possibly insane cleric of Lathander after spellhold who yells at her for traveling with a bhaalspawn(and drow if any are in the party). He will than leave saying Lathander's wrath will fall upon her. Later when the player is traveling they will be attacked by the same priest and a band of fighters. It gives her doubts particularly if the party has a low reputation or if the pc is evil.

She receives news that her father is missing and Talosians are suspected as the reason why. She must go to her mother.

Her Brother is in trouble and his companions are being held against their will somewhere in Windspear hills because he failed to follow through when working for a mage
----------------------------------------------------

A non-angsty npcs
Name:Celyn Dicter
Race:Human
Class: Druid (Totemic Druid)
Kit: Totemic
Alignment: True Neutral
Level: 12

Strength 17
Dexterity 16
Constitution15
Intelligence 18
Wisdom 17
Charisma 16

Scimitar +
Club +
Missile +
Two-handed Weapon +

Biography: When asked about his past he just smirks and says he was born and raised in the Windspear Hills. His father was a druid and his mother was a Ranger they taught him much about nature and people. Even though he seems laid back his eyes show wisdom beyond his years. You can not help but think back to when you?ve watched him in battle and how his eyes flash when he kills those who harm nature. Or how uncomfortable he seems within the walls of any city or dungeon. He is truly two different people in and out of battle and will protect nature with a vengeance

Personality:
He's incredibly laid back unless one defiles nature than he becomes enraged. Sometimes he flirts with the ideas of a shadow druid but ultimately rejects them because they do more harm than good.
Romancable: Yes

NPC Relations:

He detests Cernd because of his mannerisms and general manner. He feels he's to flamboyant, for lack of a better term.

Jaheira They have a give and take relationship and end up teaching each other a great many things about nature and what it means to be a druid. When he mentions that he does not like Shadow druids but understands there desire to protect nature she admits she does too

Hae'Dalis: Annoys him more than anything else but like his good/playful nature.

Aerie: He believes she is too absorbed by her own problems to pay attention to the bigger picture and often ignores her to her anger

Viconia:He has a strange attraction to her for some reason and this startles her more than anything. Though she does admit she finds the fury in his eyes during certain battles "attractive"

Anomen:He dislikes Anomen intensely for his arrogant ways yet respects his conviction for what he believes in.A majority of their banters flow like this "Anomen your conviction is inspiring but your over all manner repulsive to say the least you will never get respect because of it" and end in arguments.

Jan:He finds Jan amusing and vice versa as he can keep up with his stories as well as make up his own. Jan thinks he is a gnome in humans clothing in a manner of speaking

Minsc: He likes him but thinks Minsc is utterly insane. Though he does not believe that matters so much because he has a good heart. Boo likes him too.

Imoen: He like Imoen well enought but sometimes feels as though she is too energetic. He admires her for keeping her smile even in the darkest of times

quests: Nature/druid orientated

Edited by darlarosa, 02 September 2008 - 01:45 PM.

We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!