Photo

Orphan Characters

• Please log in to reply
337 replies to this topic

#121 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 07 October 2004 - 02:54 PM

should i make a poll on this too

why not i'll make one in the modder's room with four choices unless i get feedback soon
Half-Rackshasa
Full Rackshasa (with abilities of race
Full Rackshasa (with some abilities lost due to spawn of bhaal thing)
Other (please specify)

#122 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 07 October 2004 - 02:55 PM

we reached five in here most be populer

#123 -Natasha-

-Natasha-

Posted 21 October 2004 - 01:32 PM

Basically I'm copying and pasting this from a seperate topic. I just figured this belonged here more. I really think this can be a good NPC if done well.... :help:

This is my idea for a NPC

Name: Frida
Race: Half-elf/elf
Sex: Female
Class: Stalker, Mage/Thief, Fighter/Thief or anything that could match her bio
Stats: haven't thought that far yet..

History:

Frida's the an infamous reporter. Many politicans fear her because of what she can expose and the public line up to read her reports. She's traveled to virtually every 'hot' spot, including Baldur's Gate where she interviewed major characters in Sarevok's war as well as writing a report over the events.

Although she's famous, not much is known about her personal life. She does, however, mention that when she was nine when she met Volo in person in Neverwinter. That was her inspiration to take the feild of writing. Others that have worked with her calim that she tends to form 'relationships' with people in order to get her story, something that she neither denies nor admits to it.

Her instincts have brought her to Athkatla, where her determination pushes her forward to find the truth about the Guild War and anything else that would shock the nation.

Interaction:

She'll basically offer to write something about some of the NPC (Edwin/Nather Scroll, Valygar/family, Jaheria/Corruption of Harpers, Mazzy/Hero and not being allowed to be Paldin) Like for Edwin, I imagine that she submits the story without telling Edwin about it, and Jaheria JUST stops her from exposing the Harpers. Mazzy might want it published, while VAlygar would be more reserved and say no.

Romance: :wub:

Maybe, only with Half-orc/elves/half-elves/humans though. She should know a little about him from her coverage of Baldur's Gate. It would like a relationship where the PC doesn't trust Frida completely, cause he'll hear some rumors about her using people for stories. But eventually she'll chose him over her story... maybe?? :huh:

I'm so tired right now, so if there's any mistake, please forgive me :zzz:

#124 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 05:06 PM

don't believe they have a mass publishing system, making written news fairly pointless.

someone was goin to complain about that, so i felt i would get it out of the way, the idea could be enjoyable if done well.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#125 Atlasia

Atlasia

I am Inari

• 344 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:19 AM

This is an NPC that I'd personally prefer to make myself but I can't program to save my life so if anyone wants to adopt her. I'd be happy to write any banters you want for her though. She's a character I made for a novel of mine actually, so it won't be that hard for me to do that. I just thought it'd be easy to convert her to FR.

Kanako

Class: Thief
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral Evil (I'm a bit unsure on this)
Str: 12
Dex: 18
Con: 12
Int: 14
Wis: 10
Char: 8

Kanako is from Kara-Tur, her father was a Wu Jen and her mother a reformed thief. However, her mother was determined not to waste her thief skills and taught them to Kanako, who was a natural. Life was simple for Kanako. However, it was slowly becoming harder ans she grew older, particularly when her mother died when she was 14. While no one would believe her, she knew that her father had poisoned her. He re-married and Kanako found her step-mother and her father to be abusive towards her. Kanako became bitter, quiet and spiteful. She hardened herself and spent as much time as she could learning how to get out of the various bindings her step-mother put her in, disarming the many traps used to keep her in their home and learning to use those very same traps herself. She could have endured the abuse but she became enraged when her step-mother caused an accident to blind her younger sister Sachiko. When her father refused to do anything about it, Kanako dug up her mother's old katana, which she had always been told had a deadly curse on it. Disregarding her mother's warnings, Kanako took the blade and was instantly overwhelmed by an irrepresible lust for blood. In the space of a night, she had murdered everyone in the village she was in, the madness only ending when she thrust her blade through the heart of her younger sister, who had always been there for her and was the only person alive that Kanako still cared about. Kanako fell apart emotionally, set fire to the village and left. She later learned that the sword she had was cursed. It not only made her go mad with bloodlust that fateful night but it also forced her to relive that night through the eyes of her victims whenever she slept. She wears her sister's amulet and never removes it as a grim reminder of what she must never allow to happen again.
Love is a fallacy.
The only thing worse than a hopeless romantic is a hopeful one.
My BG2 Custom Portraits
Posted Image

#126 -Christina-

-Christina-

Posted 02 December 2004 - 11:26 AM

Name: Jesaih
Sex: Male
Race: Human (or anything really)
Class: Ranger/Stalker
Fighter/Thief (he needs to be able to hide in shadows)
Ability:
Str: 16
Dex: 15
Cons: 15
Wis:14
Cha: 12
(those can be changed if you like)

History:
Jesaih's entire life has been effected by his mother's misfortune before Jesaih's birth. Nights before she gave birth to her third child, she angered a powerful wizard. She never revealed what the argument was, but the outcomes were disasterous. The wizard cursed Jesaih, wounding his mother deeply; the curse was that Jesaih would have the face that would stir hatred in anyone's heart, even in his own mother's.

Her mother had the baby's face covered as it came into the world. Her beloved sister and midwife, cleverly crafted a small mask for Jesaih to wear. Together, Jesaih's mother and aunt helped to keep Jesaih safe.

However, when Jesaih turned seventeen, he made the foolish mistake of revealing his face to a village girl, one who he believed could look past the curse. The girl tried to kill him because of the unrational hatred that burned inside of her. The girl was brought to the authorities of the village, and Jesaih was demanded to show his face for the girl promised the court that they would only need to look upon his face to find her innocent. He was forced to show his face in front of his family and friends, all of whom turned viscously against him.

Now he has set out to the life of an adventurer, still wearing a mask at all time. Day or night.

Quests:
Obviously there could be a quest to de-curse him. I would like it, if he is de-cursed, that those who hated him for seeing his face remain hating him.

Romance:
If whoever takes this idea wants a romance, then there will be a romance. I would like to see a romance, but that's just because I like playing new romances on BG

Interaction:
I imagine that he would interact with almost everyone, and the topic of taking off his mask would come up with a lot of the other NPCs.

If anyone wants to take this mod go ahead! I would be more than happy to help with ideas and stuff like that. All I'll definately would play the MOD!! :D

#127 Sleeta

Sleeta
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 06:56 PM

I REALLY like Christina's idea, and I'd definitely like to see someone pick this project up. And I think a romance would add a really interesting dimension to it, too. Nice one, Christina! :thumbsup:
"It's always somethin' . . . 'Phenalope, check for traps.' 'Phenalope, open this here lock and get us the treasures.' 'Phenalope, my destiny's too hard, gimmie an ale and sing me a jaunty tune . . . ' "
Phenalope - When you just need a hug or a hamstring cut. A Baldur's Gate 2 NPC Friendship Mod. Because not everyone wants to get into your heroic britches.

"I was like a poor sinner who'd just found out he'd got to heaven after all."
~ Preacher

#128 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 02 December 2004 - 07:11 PM

It would only work if you could decurse him. Otherwise you would end up hating him once you tried to kiss him.

#129 Sleeta

Sleeta
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 07:22 PM

Nnnnnnnnnot necessaaaaaaarily. *grin* The thought that sparked my romance fixation actually was this; Do you have to SEE his face to become instilled with hatred? Otherwise, picture a sequence similar to the following:

In the dark, just before rest, Jesaih approaches CHARNAME. Assume that thus far, the two have expressed interest in one another, with Jesaih refuting any advances, and if the romance is triggered, the truth about his mask and the quest for a cure is delayed for some scenarios to spin out. So, in the dark, he could finally admit he has *some* sort of feelings for CHARNAME (not necessarily love at this point), and reveals to her (or him. Why not?) the truth of his curse, thus explaining why things wouldn't work. CHARNAME could either be understanding and stop persuing him, understanding and vow to find a way to remove the curse (this triggering the cure quest to pop up), or both of the previous options, but also insist that he remove his mask, so she/he can trace the contours of his face in the dark, or something else suitably mushy/sweet.

Of course, if CHARNAME is an elf, he/she could see in the dark, so a way around this would be for Jesaih to insist he/she be blindfolded first or cover his/her eyes with his own hands or some such thing.

But yeah, ultimately, you'd have to remove the curse to have a truly "and they lived happily ever after with their twu wuv" ending.

Did any of that sound reasonable to anyone, or just the machinations of a mind with too much spare time to think?
"It's always somethin' . . . 'Phenalope, check for traps.' 'Phenalope, open this here lock and get us the treasures.' 'Phenalope, my destiny's too hard, gimmie an ale and sing me a jaunty tune . . . ' "
Phenalope - When you just need a hug or a hamstring cut. A Baldur's Gate 2 NPC Friendship Mod. Because not everyone wants to get into your heroic britches.

~ Preacher

#130 -Christina-

-Christina-

Posted 02 December 2004 - 10:25 PM

Thanks!

Yeah, I was thinking that at one point Jesaih would ask the PC to blindfold him/herself to trasce his face and kiss him.

What do you think about his name though? I think it's a bit weird, I am so bad with names. If anyone decides to take this idea, you have complete power to change his name.

#131 Cribba

Cribba
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 07:09 AM

if anyone wants do make this mod (jesaih) I could try and help out with the coding.

maybe can help with the writing as well but I´m not very good at that

#132 -Christina-

-Christina-

Posted 05 December 2004 - 11:51 AM

I could help with Jesiah's personality and stuff, and working with others about how he should be like.

I could even write dialgues, just couldn't code them................

:D

#133 Cribba

Cribba
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 01:51 PM

I´m willing to give it a try if you are :thumbsup:

I can give it a lot of time too since I don´t have much going on in my life right now anyway

#134 Sleeta

Sleeta
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 02:46 PM

*waves pom-poms* Go guys go! Go guys go! I'd really like to see this made into a mod. :)

~ Preacher

#135 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 05 December 2004 - 05:58 PM

Jesaih is a good name. Or if you wanted you could change it to Jesiah. Just an Idea.

#136 -Christina-

-Christina-

Posted 07 December 2004 - 09:05 AM

ok, I'll help with character development. Should i send you an email with dialogues and stuff??

#137 Cribba

Cribba
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 10:40 AM

yea sure :)

lord_cribbian@hotmail.com

#138 Dragus

Dragus
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 11:34 PM

Name: Dragus Anzrketh
Race: Elf (Sun)
Class: Plain Fighter

Stats:
Str: 18/89
Dex: 18
Con: 13
Wis:7
Cha: 16

Special Abilities: Due to immense training in Stealthy arts, Dragus used a hired mage to simply make it so that Dragus could use his mind to become an invisible being. So Invisibility.

Events: Maybe a small cutscene in Trademeet, ending in a small skirmish between Shadow Thieves and CHARNAME.

Interaction with NPC:
Minsc: Dragus loathes Minsc's simpleton-like nature, though he deeply respects Minsc's sheer killing power.
Aerie: He feel's a tad of anger at the horrible circus, for sawing off her wings. No particular opinion on Aerie.
Nalia: Believes that her cause is a worthy one, though he finds her annoying.
Yoshimo: Interested in Yoshi's heritage, and Kara-Tur culture.
Jaheira: He likes Jaheira, though isn't one to show it. He think Khalid's loss must be forgotten.
Korgan: He absolutely despices the dwarf, and picks numerous word-fights with him.
Viconia: See: Korgan.
Valygar: He respects Valy's skills, and overall is fairly nice to him.
Keldorn: Dragus thinks Keldorn is too justice-driven. He thinks something other than justice is needed as a reward.
Haer'dalis: Dragus likes disputing about famous poems and bards of the realms with Haer'dalis, though if something other than that is brought up in a conversation, he immediately neutralizes to conversation.
Mazzy: See: Keldorn
Anomen: He teases Anomen tirelessly, always trying to make a fool out of the stern Cleric.
Imoen: He likes her, though he thinks she should resume her thieving career.

Biography: An outcast Sun Elf, banished by Triil Anzrketh, a strict Elven Queen. Dragus found no help for himself, even with the temporary relief, alcohol. After waisting away most of his money on Amnish Brandy, he motivated himself to find a proper occupation. And an occupation he did find. Under the insruction of a minor Shadow Thief lieutenant named Soal Withertouch, he would perform murderous acts under the moonlit streets of Trademeet. Eviscerating nobles, who Soal felt moderately threatened by.

Now Soal Withertouch was particularly sadistic, being a half-drow. And one day, Dragus refused at direct order to slaughter the Dyn' Trevelssa Household. Soal wouldn't accept these individualistic thoughts, so he proposed a daring murder, the murder of Dragus Anzrketh.

Luckily Dragus was prepared, and he dashed all the way too the Umar Hills, before the assassin's arrived.

After his story, Dragus says that he hasn't anymore to tell you..

Edited by Dragus, 09 December 2004 - 11:44 PM.

#139 Gothic Rose

Gothic Rose

Sexkitten

• 231 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 01:44 AM

I'd be willing to work on this one, he's not really an orphan, moreover, an idea. I might make him as a test for making NPCs since I've never really done it before.

Gronk
True Neutral
Male
Half Orc Barbarian

Str 19
Dex 17
Con 19
Int 4
Wis 9
Cha 11

When asked about his past, GRONK shrugs his massive shoulders and grumbles something unintelligible. You?ve learned since traveling with him that he is from the far North, and that he was once a tribesman of the Uthgardt barbarian tribes. However, something happened that caused Gronk to be cast out. Gronk doesn?t remember what he did.

Gronk likes shiny things.

Shiny.

NPC Interactions

Gronk likes Minsc. Minsc and Gronk both Smashy. Smashy good
Gronk Like Short Woman. Funny.
Gronk Like Old Man. Nice to Gronk.
Gronk Not Like Red. Red mean to Gronk. Gronk Smash.
Gronk afraid of Dark Skin. Scary. Gronk hide.
Gronk shrug to Wizard Hater. Gronk agree.
Gronk Like Pretty Cage Girl. Funny.
Gronk Like Elfy Girl. Pretty.
Gronk Like Juh-HEER-Uh. Shaman. Lots Magic.
Gronk hate Short Talky Talk. Make Gronk angry. Smash.
Gronk not like Bloody Stumpy. SMash good?
Gronk not like Not-Right-Man. Smells Bad.
Gronk like YoYo. Funny. (Gronk Sad then Mad when YoYo betray)
Gronk like Smelly Girl. Smell Good, nice to Gronk.
Gronk not know about Beardy Man. Talk lots. Make Gronk not know what happen.

(Minsc, Mazzy, Keldorn, Edwin, Viconia, Valygar, Imoen, Aerie, Jaheira, Jan, Korgan, Haer'Dalis, Yoshimo, Nalia, Anomen)
Posted Image

#140 Sleeta

Sleeta
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 11:36 AM

:D

I heartily endorse Gothic Rose's Gronk.

We all need a little shiny in our lives. GRONK!

~ Preacher