Photo

Orphan Characters

• Please log in to reply
337 replies to this topic

#161 Efreet

Efreet
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:02 AM

Would he be "immortal" like other trolls?

You would have to modify the AI of all enemies, to make them finish him off with fire.

Having a troll in the party can cause quite a lot of "random fanatics".

Cool idea. :cheers:
Then she saw his eyes, red and mad as hell. And in that moment she knew that he could kill anyone, no matter how strong. Madness, true madness could put a fist through a plank.

#162 RavenBlack

RavenBlack

Proofreading Ninja

• 75 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:51 PM

This particular NPC's been lurking in the back of my mind for a while now. The initial idea is based off my PC in the Neverwinter Nights modules The Horns of Craven and The Color of Light.

Name: Calia Lyonard (Caliane Du'Hensyn)
Race: Human
Alignment: True Neutral.
Class: Cleric/Thief

Stats (these can be played with)

Str: 12
Dex: 14
Con: 12
Int: 13
Wis: 16
Cha: 14

Bio: When asked about her past, CALIA pales slightly and refuses to look you in the eyes. In a hushed whisper, she tells you that, in a past life, she was a high-ranking Deathstalker. She overestimated her own abilities and thought to challenge Bhaal's high priestess for her position during the Time of Troubles. She was killed by Bhaal's avatar for her insolence. She does not know why she has been brought back from death, or for what purpose, she mentions, then falls silent once more, giving the impression that there is more she's not saying.

Personality: Calia is generally a quiet person, but will make her opinions known when she needs to. She has her moments where she can be endlessly cheerful. Is confident, but not overly so (she's learned her lesson). Despite not knowing why she is back on Toril, she wants to make the most of her time left, and hopes to redeem herself/live a better life than she did prior.

Gets along with good and neutral-aligned NPCs. Will end up butting heads with Jaheira, but respects her. Does NOT get along with Korgan, no matter what (yeah, I know it's cliche). Tolerates Viconia. Likes to tease Edwin. CE Sarevok reminds her of what she was, which frightens her. Will form a close friendship with CG Sarevok. Rather motherly to Imoen.

History: Once known as Caliane Du'Hensyn, or simply "Caliane the Accursed". Like many of Bhaal's priestesses during that time, she was the mother of a Bhaalspawn in her past life. (Probably Imoen, which would explain Calia's motherly tendencies. Calia actually does not know which, and will not know for most of the game, until Amelyssan or possibly Nyalee mentions something) During the Time of Troubles, she tried to take advantage of the powerlessness of the priesthood to challenge Amelyssan for the position of highest priestess. Unfortunately, she did this while Bhaal's avatar was taking shelter, and was killed for her insolence. She was reincarnated in her current form some time after the ToT (she doesn't know which god...I'm thinking Tymora or Tyr), and given a mission in dreams: she was to travel to Baldur's Gate and slay a child of her former god. Only then would she be granted peace. Once she got there, however, her mission turned into protecting Gorion's Ward from this "hidden child". She still considers protecting the Ward her mission. Until the saga ends, Calia won't find her peace. (she understands and respects Jaheira for this, as well)

PC-NPC Romance?: No. Friendship with good/neutral PC should be possible, with her revealing more of her past in the process.

NPC-NPC Romance?: Probably not.

Proficiencies: feel free to play with these, but Calia will not, under any circumstances, use shields. (she contends that they throw off her balance).

Items: None, unless someone decides to adopt her and come up with something.

#163 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 January 2006 - 03:18 AM

I'd like to see that pirate saemon havarian as an npc. I think he is one of the most interesting characters in bg2.

#164 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 02:45 PM

Maybe I should "sticky" this post. It has alot of good ideas for modders.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#165 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 02:49 PM

Sounds like a good idea, MTS. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#166 Garfield

Garfield
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 03:24 PM

A Saemon Mod was beiong develloped on the French forums, but it has come to a stand still about... 3 years ago :ph34r:
French translator with Les D'Oghmatiques

#167 disari

disari
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:26 AM

This is a character I have been developing for years. I have ideas from Pnp and fanfics and my own imagination. But mostly from BG

NAME: Jus'taan Arkalon (Jus'taan is his family name. He is called Arkalon or Kalon for short)
(yes I know there are lots of npc's with "K" names but this one is an old idea names can be changed)

Race: He is a Bhaalspawn. He is half aasimar. (he was always a Bhaalspawn but I read a fanfic that made Sarevok half-aasimar and that decided what the other half was due to the story that he has.)
http://www.mimir.net...h/aasimar.shtml (see this for defining aasimar)

Class: Fighter/Thief (why you ask) reason you need one for almost all the game he would be a good addition to almost any party.

Alignment: CG or CN (I really see him as CN) CN can be used in a good party or an evil one I like that.

STATS:(yes he has a couple of uber stats see race) (everything is changeable if you have a good reason why)
Strength: 18
Dex: 18
Con:15
Int:13
WIS: 12
CHA:15 (racial)

Kalon is full brother to Sarevok. Bhaal captured their mother when she was very young (sort of mature story line) and kept her a prisoner for several years. He thought the aasimar would make very strong progeny for him. He was right. Also it gave him a lot of satisfaction to subjugate one of her race. She managed to escape before Kalon was born. Shortly after his 5th birthday she died (there is more story to be fleshed out in this I don't want to spoil it ). She barely escaped herself so she couldn't take Sarevok.

Kalon is just a little older than PC. His mother being very weak after her captivity couldn't make it back to her plane she was too young to know how to get back. Kadion was raised by a weapons master and his wife who is a retired thief. Therefore his class and alignment (more on this later). He dual wields either scimitars, katanas, or long swords. He wears leather, studded leather or magical chain. He has some innate powers both from Bhaal and his mother. (Like CHarname) His Bhaal taint is camoflagued by his Aasimian half. (Explains why Irenicus doesn't sense his taint).

I can see him as romanceable in fact I think it is pretty integral. His lineage is mysterious for most of the story. I see him in BG1 as well as BG2 would require BG weidu conversion. Therefore would be a real major programming nightmare. He could also be picked up early in BG2 and go all the way through TOB, He is very interested in Sarevok for obvious reasons. He also knows who and what Charname is. Joining Charname is not alignment oriented nor is it reputation based. I do think because of my own style he will probably play better for a good or neutral charname. BUt evil parties could have him too.

WEll what do you all think of him. Please reply.

#168 disari

disari
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:32 AM

By the way I see him with a couple of Kalon specific items upgradeable through the game (level based) Swords and armor

#169 disari

disari
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:43 AM

I also see this mod as being somewhat mature in nature. The story makes it so. (Mature themes) Kalon's mother was abused that is a fact. I don't see that it has to have graphic details but the fact is there it is part of the story and character. NPC's are made in someone's creative mind and that is how I see his origin. It is what motivates a lot of the story and reasoning. So if you would find that bad. I am sorry.

#170 --disari--

--disari--

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:54 AM

http://images.google...t...GLG:en&sa=N

Attached Images

• aasimar.jpg

#171 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:54 AM

there he has a face

#172 disari

disari
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:02 AM

the above were my posts. Don't know how i got logged off

#173 disari

disari
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:04 PM

I actually have tons of notes on this character. Even a few tentative banters with other NPC's and Charname. I have a lot with Sarevok. Haer Dalis will probably not be an option for an NPC for long because tieflings and aasimars don't get along. I would like to see HD"s quest done then probably there would be a violent parting. He would probably be the only truly incompatible NPC. If he was kept there would be a whole lot of friction. Charname would have to play peacemaker to an annoying degree. Of couse that could be interesting if a player liked that sort of interaction. I see the mod in 3 parts. BG1 Soa and ToB. He is CN and would love to irritate Jaheira, she just has so many ways to make that a whole lot of fun. Of course I find Jaheira annoying so writing that would be pretty easy. I see Imoen being a favorite target especially in BG1 (thieves). Xan well his doom and gloom would just be fodder for my irreverant NPC. He would have a lot of lines of dialog. I would hope that music for him would be optional and separate because it conflicts with other mods too easily. He would have tons of dialog that is why I think 3 parts or at least 2 would be better. Khalid's stutter would be a really good point for some banters. I do think some of the original NPC's would be a lot more challenging to write as I don't play them often or at all. So I don't have as much insight to what they would say. I don't play evil so some of those NPC's would be difficult Shar-Teel comes to mind. Quayle is another I don't have much reference for as well as Safana and Eldoth. The endgame with Sarevok would probably be difficult to code as I see some very revealing stuff coming out between Kalon and his brother. I don't see a lot of specific quests for Kalon because his story is very tied to the main storyline of BG. If anything perhaps an encounter or two is all. Of course I would be happy to cooperate with anyone who wanted to collaborate on this. I need someone with some pretty nifty coding skills. I have none. Right now in RL i have some free time. I would also like someone who may have more insight to writing some of the NPC's I don't play much to collaborate. I would even invite some input for some of the other mods out there but somehow we would have to check for the install. So he should perhaps be one of the last mods installed. So I would as for a serious modder that has had some experience.

#174 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:31 PM

Strength: 18
Dex: 18

I think these stats might be a bit over the top. Is there a reason for his extremely high strength and dexterity?

Also, why would he join the party? What is his motives - what drives him? Why is he Good while his full brother is Evil?

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#175 disari

disari
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:03 PM

His motives are supposed to be a little obscure. But it will tie back to his mother and her demise as well as that of his foster parents. His alignment is tied to his raising. Look at the info on aasimar they usually tend to be of good alignment. His alignment is not connected to Sarevok he has never seen him. I don't really want to spoil all the story. In fact his alignment has more to do with making him compatible with most parties regardless of alignment. In my opinion CN is pretty open ended. It was my creation. It is no worse than a mod with a mass murderer. Much of his allure will be in unravelling the mystery of who and what he is as well as finding Sarevok. As for his stats see aasimar creature files and pluses. His stats are kinda based on Sarevok after all they are brothers. He is a pretty heady mix of god and higher planar being.. So no I don't have a big issue with stats. Note I put in previous they are negotiable. After all it is an idea. The story is the real thing because it is a different appoach to an NPC.

IN fact if you had read the postings I prefer him CN.

#176 disari

disari
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:20 PM

He would join PC because they have some of the same goals. Kalon knows more about the PC because of their shared blood. If I were to actually make the mod you would find him by Gorion's body. There is a reason for this. But it makes Kalon join because he and PC has some of the same goals. At least they want the same guy. Only time will tell if they want the same thing for Sarevok. Does that explain better. As I said before I see him as a long term NPC BG1-Tob. 2 or 3 parts.

#177 disari

disari
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:37 PM

Sarevok stats
Str 18.00
Dex 17
Con 18
INT 17
Wis 10
Cha 15

#178 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:43 AM

saemon havarian would be cool as an npc...
personly i find him the most well fitting character in the game as an npc.

#179 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:11 AM

saemon havarian would be cool as an npc...
personly i find him the most well fitting character in the game as an npc.

He might have some good banters, but he's too self-interested to stick by the party when things get dangerous, and having the party's rogue teleporting away at the drop of a hat would be somewhat inconvenient.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#180 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:51 AM

Agreed... and there's also the fact that a very large amount of players would not trust him enough to take him along; I mean, he does doublecross or use the PC at every possible opportunity.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett