• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#101 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 02:35 AM

Well this project sounds great. :)
I really hope you will be able to finish it. BG is my favorite game and I'm always looking for good mods which give me an excuse to play it again and again without getting bored because I know everything that happens. :P
And I'm a real drow-fan so I think I have enough good reasons to wait for this mod. ;)
So pleeeeaaase, go on and finish it as quickly as possible.

Thank You, it is always easyer to work when you know that someone is actually wainting for it ;)
"...whenever people arguing on the same theory do not reach the same conclusion, you may be sure they do not know what they are talking about."
--Hippocrates

Writer for Brotherhood of Quill, new BG2 mod by Forgotten Demigod!

Can I have a bite, please?

#102 Myra

Myra
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 04:37 AM

Well, I hope for you that I'm not the only one :lol:

#103 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:59 AM

Well, I hope for you that I'm not the only one  :lol:

I definitly wait for that mod and I think I will start a Brand New Fallen Demon Fanclub :D Care to join in?

And I have a special report for you, power-hungry boss :)
I am going to spend three days in the wilderness so I will have A LOT of time to write something. It will definitly be some Jaheira and more Cernd banters :P Perhaps some Valygar? Who knows, maybe I will go insane and even write down something for Minsc?
"...whenever people arguing on the same theory do not reach the same conclusion, you may be sure they do not know what they are talking about."
--Hippocrates

#104 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 02:39 AM

I definitly wait for that mod and I think I will start a Brand New Fallen Demon Fanclub  Care to join in?

I'll join

And I have a special report for you, power-hungry boss 
I am going to spend three days in the wilderness so I will have A LOT of time to write something. It will definitly be some Jaheira and more Cernd banters  Perhaps some Valygar? Who knows, maybe I will go insane and even write down something for Minsc?

wait...going away gives you more time to write.
And good luck writting new dialouge for minsc, i could think of anything new he'd say to you but maybe you can.

So pleeeeaaase, go on and finish it as quickly as possible.

Thanks, its not going to be that soon but its good to know theres an audience for it
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#105 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 03:07 AM

stange, thought that Jahiera would be more accepting and not judge at all based on race, (especially having been a half-elf in Tethyr post-civil war) but i guess this banter(from the unmodded game) disproves it:

[SOUND JAHEIR49] Avert your eyes, dark elf.  I'll not have you taint the beauty of the wood with your poison gaze.
[SOUND VICONI44] Would you deny me even the sight of the trees, Jaheira?  I can appreciate the strength of the oak, even though I would never live amongst them.
Jaheira:I am not to be swayed by your words, creature.  I know too much of you and your kind.
Viconia:Ooo, such delicious fire, though better it was turned on an enemy.  I would be your ally, Jaheira; your strength might even bring you respect among my kind.
Jahiera:Lies.  Such respect would grant me naught but a bigger tombstone, or a nameless grave in a slightly nicer tunnel.
Viconia:Granted you might not live to make that favorable impression, but I still say it is so. Take that as you will.

Not that Jahiera wouldn't know and accept you better, but i just found the fact that Viconia tries to be nice to Jahiera and Jahiera hates her just for being a drow...intresting.
Futurama quotes rock

#106 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 03:53 AM

This is my first attempt at writing for Jahiera. Normally i go through numerous drafts to try to get the character right, but right now i'm feeling lazy so I'll just post what i have.

Bjahiera
End of banter with Viconia:
(1) Jahiera, how could you say that, I?m a drow too!
(2) Um? Jahiera, Viconia isn?t the only drow here, your insults also affect me.
(3) (keep quite and don?t jump in on their conversation.) [end dialogue]
Jahiera: Don?t talk like that [charname], you are not one of them, you were raised by Gorian.
(1) But that means us drow are not innately evil.  You agree to that right?
(2) What difference does that make, according to you drow have a *poison gaze* which you won?t have tainting the wood.
(3) Fair enough.
(4) Maybe I?m more drow-like then you assume.
Jahiera:
(1) Of course not, it is their society that corrupts.  Why, you think Viconia here is a victim who should be exempt from here crimes?
Viconia: I do not need your redeeming abuil.  (what I need is you corruption.)
(2) Only because of the underdark which gives it to them. Why, you think Viconia here is a victim who should be exempt from here crimes?
Viconia: I do not need your redeeming abuil.  (what I need is you corruption.)
(3) Very well then, do you mind if we continue or would someone else like to interject?
(4) Don?t joke about that [charname].

And this ones its own. note that its not a lovetalk and comes up regardless of whether you can/are romancing Jahiera.

Jahiera: [charname], can I talk to you for a moment?
(1) Sure Jahiera, what?s the matter?
(2) Not at the moment, I?m busy.
Jahiera:
(1)You are a drow that is loose on the surface, on top of the pure death running through your vains.  I worry about you loosing control.
(2)It is important. 
[Continue then go to option 1]
PC:
(1) I expect others to treat me like this, but I thought you would understand better.  I am who I am, not what some parents I never met were.
(2) I do what I please and what I feel at the moment.  If it helps people then fine, if its evil then so be it.  Isn?t this that path of balance and neutrality you always speak of?
Jahiera:
(1) I know that you not evil just for being a drow, but everyone around you expects no less from you, it might just be easier to think theirs no reason to restrain yourself.
(2) Not even close.  I speak of keeping a balance with nature and oneself, not chaotically doing whatever feels best.
Continue?
Look, I know that you not evil just for being a drow, but everyone around you expects no less from you, it might just be easier to think theirs no reason to restrain yourself.
PC
(1) Then I will just have to struggle that much harder.
(2) Not everyone expects me to do horrible things, your support is enough to keep me going.
(3) Why should I have to listen to you, your not my mother, (although according to you if she was here I shouldn?t listen to her either).  You?re barley even older than me.
Jahiera:
(1) I just hope that is enough.[end dialogue]
(2) I want to believe that?s true.[end dialogue]
(3) I took an oath to Gorian, not just to keep you safe, but to make sure you led the right path and didn?t give in to these temptations.
PC:
(1) I guess your right, I?ll try not to give in to these temptations if you promise to be one of the few that believes I can.
(2) Yeah, whatever. You seen any rivvil children with their backs turned?
Jahiera
(1) Agreed, now lets get moving.
(2) This conversation isn?t over.

Futurama quotes rock

#107 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 08:08 PM

This mod is now hosted at here
Futurama quotes rock

#108 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 07:24 AM

If you like I could try doing Misnc and as for Jan He isn't an old man, he's a Jansan and that explains all :D

Jan: here now darkie

Pc: Darkie?

Jan: You know, you remind me of my great aunt arachnie, she was dark skinned to and had this fastination with spiders

Pc: Oh gods no... Viccy, do you think that if I prayed for eternal torment from lothe she'd grant it?

Viccy: If I have to lsiten to one more of his rediculas stories I'll join you

Well thats in about 2 minutes of thinking and I'm bored so if you don't like it, it was for my own entertainment :)
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#109 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 11:00 AM

Assistance is very apprecieated. :) If you want to help follow this link.
--Hippocrates

#110 Eldae

Eldae
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 08:22 AM

No offense intended, so please don't string me up or burn me at a stake or anything like that, but I noticed that some of the sample banters and dialogues have some spelling and/or grammar problems, and I would be happy to help as a proofreader for this mod. (As soon as my computer lets me go to the TeamBG website).

P.S. Feel free to laugh at any and/or all grammar and spelling problems in the above post.

#111 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 11:47 AM

We are working hard to do what we can and most of the banters are corrected already and as for me...well I said it a couple of times but I will say it once more: english is not a language I know perfectly...now if everything would be in polish or russian I would feel confidend ;)
--Hippocrates

#112 -MJH-

-MJH-

Posted 16 July 2004 - 11:38 AM

Is there another dl site because the current link is not working (I'm getting timed out), this sounds like a great mod, good luck with it. If I can lend any assistance let me know.

#113 Dela

Dela
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 12:32 PM

I have a question, how big is this file, because if its not too big I can set up a seriesof geocities sites to host it for you. If someone could send it to me at Dela012001@yahoo.com I can put it up on the sites and then post links to them via the forums. :D

#114 Eldae

Eldae
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 07:36 PM

Okay, is it just my computer, or is something wrong with TeamBG?

#115 Dela

Dela
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 09:46 PM

They were hacked..... It looks bad, currently no info as to when they'll be back..... Go here to find out more: http://www.shsforums...topic=9400&st=0

#116 Danthorg

Danthorg

part of the original cheesy revolution

• 59 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:32 AM

being a drow, do you think it might be worth adding some dark speech into the conversations??
e.g. calling npcs abbil, muttering drowish insults etc...

#117 DevilishPope

DevilishPope

Hail to the Pope, baby.

• 108 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 11:42 PM

being a drow, do you think it might be worth adding some dark speech into the conversations??
e.g. calling npcs abbil, muttering drowish insults etc...

Erm. The NPC was raised by Monks, not other Drow. He/she wouldn't know the slightest thing about "The Dark Speech" unless he/she researched into it independently in Candlekeep.
If you are interested in free mod hosting, PM me. I am willling to host a variety of Mods, from Baldur's Gate 2 to Doom 3 and beyond.

#118 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 12:42 AM

We are planning to add some specific conversations with Viconia and it is likely that she will teach Charname about drow society and language.
--Hippocrates

#119 Dela

Dela
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 05:07 AM

Will there be a chance in the mod to become a "True drow" (i.e. learn they're ways, language customs and habits) in the underdark?

#120 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 12:13 PM

of course

hows it goin jenova, I just had access to the internet for the first time in a month, have their bee any major updates
Futurama quotes rock