• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#61 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 09:42 AM

I'm a foreign speeker so I think You can forgive me that

I guessed from where you lived. Its not a proble, and i can fix it easily enough, I'm more concerned w/ what your doing up at about 5 your time. Weekend=sleep.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#62 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 10:17 AM

I'm more concerned w/ what your doing up at about 5 your time. Weekend=sleep.

:D Sleeping is a time when you are exposed for assault, all drow know that :P
"...whenever people arguing on the same theory do not reach the same conclusion, you may be sure they do not know what they are talking about."
--Hippocrates

Writer for Brotherhood of Quill, new BG2 mod by Forgotten Demigod!

Can I have a bite, please?

#63 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 11:40 AM

Yah, but if danger comes when your asleep you will just wake up and fight it, thats the second most important lesson i've ever learned, the most being that you can run through moving traffic b/c the worst thing that could possible happen is you die and respawn at the beggining of the next level. And people say video games have a bad influence on teenagers.

The Dark Elves needs its own topic. I'm pretty sure we have more posts in this thread than some of the other topics put together, its not fair.
Futurama quotes rock

#64 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 12:56 PM

And people say video games have a bad influence on teenagers.

:lol:

The Dark Elves needs its own topic.  I'm pretty sure we have more posts in this thread than some of the other topics put together, its not fair.

First things first. Any progress on the mod? I guess I will finish the second Imoen banter and a class-specified (mage) Edwin one till saturday; perhaps earlyer if I won't be so lazy :D
"...whenever people arguing on the same theory do not reach the same conclusion, you may be sure they do not know what they are talking about."
--Hippocrates

#65 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 01:51 PM

First things first, any progress on the mod?

Not yet. I didn't do to well in school this year and need to make sure i do well on finals(should be studiying now). But they end two tuesdays from now and you've convinced me sleep is dangerous so i'll have nothing to do through june but make progress

Edited by fallen_demon, 23 May 2004 - 01:58 PM.

Futurama quotes rock

#66 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 07:15 PM

I'm not gonna post it, at least not yet, but i've written a large dialouge w/ viconia where she tells you what your life would be like had you grown up among other drow. Much of the dialouge is class and/or gender specific, for a male thief its kit specific. some samples
for a sorceror:
Most nobles come from powerful bloodlines and develop innate magical abilities, but for them to have manifested themselves in the level they have with you is al but unheard of. Your mother must have come from a powerful house, possibly the child of a powerful matron mother and a male from a very mighty house. Even without your divinity this would bring you would (an unheard of level of respect for a male/escalate to the highest levels of drow society.) Of course you would have to put much effort into proving your loyalty to Lolth.
Futurama quotes rock

#67 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 07:16 PM

for an assassin, bounty hunter (male only):
At first your lack of physical or arcane power would mark you as weak. There would be talk of sacrifice and no female would choose you for mating. But want your skills at eliminating targets developed?
Continue?
?Houses would fight over your power. You would become the master assassin for and be accepted into a powerful house and if you are accepted even take on the house name as your own. Of course, politics can often crumble even the most powerful houses overnight. But you wouldn?t have to worry about that for two reasons.
Continue?
One, if you are an affective assassian your house won?t have any enemies to worry about. And two, should another house destroy yours, given you are not of that bloodline, they make take you along with the rest of the property and make you there own.(assassin)

Edited by fallen_demon, 23 May 2004 - 07:17 PM.

Futurama quotes rock

#68 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 05:53 AM

No class-specified banters, eh? ;)

Sounds very interesting, I hope I will see more :) Are You writing only for male characters now or is it just me impression? And I hope the PC will get a chance to speak his/hers mind when Viconia starts her speech :rolleyes:

I started to write an essay for my polish teacher and I quess it will take most of my time now (God, how will I ever write down four pages of text till Wednesday?? :blink: ) so I don't know how often will I work on banters I started <_<

I want summer holidays already! :(

Edited by Jenova, 24 May 2004 - 05:54 AM.

--Hippocrates

#69 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 07:58 AM

I don't know why but I can't send You an e-mail so I will post the Edwin bater on this topic if You don't mind.

Notes:
- This banter can show up any time
- A class-specified banter (only for mages and sorcerers)
- A sex-specified banter (only for males)

Edwin: Tell me, drow, are you as good as they say? Is it possible that a dark elf like you can be as powerful as?let?s say?me? (Of course not, I don?t know why am I even asking!)

1. I have a name, Edwin. (=>A)
2. Perhaps I am? Who knows? (=>B)
3. I am a drow you ignorant, it is obvious I am better than most humans. Including you. (=>C)
4. Spare me your self-aggradize words, Edwin. (=>D)

A
Edwin: Yes, yes, of course, whatever you say. Guess that anwsers my question. I am the one and only master of the Art in this worthless bunch of apes. (I knew that this darkling is just a untrained kid) Why am I not surprised? [END]

B
Edwin: Perhaps? Ha! You don?t have any confidance so how can you even think bout being better or even close to my exotic talents? And how come you menage to lead this group? I guess it is because thaey are a bunch of apes like you!

1. You can always leave if you are feeling so bad with ?apes?. (=>B2)
2. Oh? Is that so? Maybe you want to test your abbilities and match with me? (=>B3)

B2
Edwin: Unlike you I am not so stupid to leave an opportunity to?well, to learn more in our journey! (Yes, yes, that should work?) [END]

B3
Edwin: I?Hah! I am in a good mood so will pretend I haven?t heard that, drow! Now go away and leave me to?just leave me! (That was close, that was so close?) [END]

C
Edwin: You dare to tell me that?! (He?s good I must admit) Hmmm?perhaps it is true what they say, that such as yourself have the talent but that is not everything you need to be succesful. To be one of the best you would have to be more like me. Self-confident, wise and od course (yes, yes how could I ever forget that?!) intelligent.

1. Very funny, Edwin. [END]
2. But unlike you I will have a couple of hundred years to learn what you know now and even more than you can possibly imagine. (=>C2)

C2
Edwin: Hmmm?(Yes, he is definitly not as stupid as I thought) this may be so?but until then nobody will tell me that is better than me! (Even a demigod, abolutley nobody!) [END]

D
Edwin: Fine, do as you please, drow. If you do not want to be enlightened by my presence then so be it. [END]

I hope nothing is missing... there will be another benter for females ^_^
--Hippocrates

#70 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 12:12 PM

Sounds very interesting, I hope I will see more :) Are You writing only for male characters now or is it just me impression? And I hope the PC will get a chance to speak his/hers mind when Viconia starts her speech  :rolleyes:

I'm not writing exclusivly for male characters, but do to the umm... difference in social status for drows of each gender (that should work), males and females have some different dialouge branches and thusfar I've only posted for males. I'm not sure what you mean by speak your mind before Viconia's speach. You can tell her you don't want to hear it and break the dialouge, but you can't really have the oppurtunity to speak against what she says until she says it.

I started to write an essay for my polish teacher and I quess it will take most of my time now (God, how will I ever write down four pages of text till Wednesday?? :blink: ) so I don't know how often will I work on banters I started  <_<

I want summer holidays already!  :(

I know, school sucks. The strange things is that i want to write which will develop skills i plan on using the rest of my life, but instead i have to study chemistry which i never plan on using again starting next week. (if anyone asks i'm studying for finals right now :ph34r:

Edited by fallen_demon, 24 May 2004 - 12:41 PM.

Futurama quotes rock

#71 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 12:40 PM

I don't know why but I can't send You an e-mail so I will post the Edwin bater on this topic if You don't mind.

what would have happen if i was completely opposed to the idea? :huh:
but seriously, i don't mind if the first couple of dialouges for a character are posted, but i'd rather not have all of them in order to still give people who read the forum a reason to play the mod (on the other hand, the two of us seem to be the only ones posting).
the dialouges good but(everyone hates to here that word but its so much fun to write/say, Its good but, i love you but, you won the lottery but, your gonna survive the accident but, icould go on all day) i was wondering if it was meant for sorcerers too. I know there generally grouped w/ mages but i belive edwin hates them for there lack of intelligence esspecially.

Edited by fallen_demon, 24 May 2004 - 12:42 PM.

Futurama quotes rock

#72 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 03:29 AM

what would have happen if i was completely opposed to the idea? :huh:

There was an error apearing every time I tryed to send it to You and I don't want to leave anything on my computer. My younger brother has a unique talent to delete everything from "My Documents" folder... <_<

the dialouges good but(everyone hates to here that word but its so much fun to write/say, Its good but, i love you but, you won the lottery but, your gonna survive the accident but, icould go on all day) i was wondering if it was meant for sorcerers too. I know there generally grouped w/ mages but i belive edwin hates them for there lack of intelligence esspecially.

:lol: Give me a break! Don't tell me you want a seperate dialog for mages and sorcerers? For me they are the same and the banter fits all spellcasters (I think :unsure: )

I'm not sure what you mean by speak your mind before Viconia's speach.

I just want to see some PC options. We already have lectures in school and don't need to hear them again :D

on the other hand, the two of us seem to be the only ones posting

Posting yes, but people view this topic once a while. Nothing is lost ^_^
--Hippocrates

#73 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 05:16 PM

Just relized i wasted time writing some class-speciffic dialouge for classes unavailable to elves. Not to sharp. gotta remember not to ever consider the pc being a paladin (despite my love for the drow-paladin concept, i guess similar dialouge can use a rep. check but i never really liked that), monk, druid or bard.

Not that 5 dialouge paths in a single talk isn't a lot, not going to do that again.

Edited by fallen_demon, 27 May 2004 - 05:53 PM.

Futurama quotes rock

#74 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 05:53 PM

I know the surface elves (or at least the high elves) don't consider the drow elven, but does anyone know the drows stance on that, i.e. do they consider themselves elven? If not would they be offended by the "dark elves" title.
Futurama quotes rock

#75 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 04:31 AM

I know the surface elves (or at least the high elves) don't consider the drow elven, but does anyone know the drows stance on that, i.e. do they consider themselves elven?  If not would they be offended by the "dark elves" title.

Well...drow call the surface elves their cousins (maybe hated but still...). So I guess they accept their shared origin.

And it is not true that surface elves don't consider drow as elves. It is a part of their faith (You know, the story about Corellon going angry and stuff ^_^ ) so how could they do such a thing?

They can say that drow lost something from their elven nature but still can't negate the fact that DROW are ELVES.

I hope somebody will understand what I mean ;)
--Hippocrates

#76 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 08:00 AM

I know what you mean, i got that the surface elves don't consider the drow elven from the fact that they use the same word for drow as all non-elves(i forget the word, but i believe it litterally translates to not person, damn consided elves, at least the drow are honest). Its not that they deny the drow having broken away from them, they just consider being "elven" something high and mighty and see the drow as below that. At i believe that at the end of that story the elven gods declared that the followers of lolth were no longer elven.
Futurama quotes rock

#77 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 28 May 2004 - 08:30 AM

Actually, Mori'quessir (Black Elf), iirc exists and will be used by an elf if he speaks of a drow respectfully...

Pre-Descent name of the sub-race was Elves of the South (shoot me if I remeber how to spell it correctly). Drow word for elves is dartiir iirc, and they have little patince to anyone who'd equate them with faeries.

Good/neutral-aligned drow are also allowed entry into Arvanaith and treated as elves in the after-life.

#78 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 03:12 PM

Actually, Mori'quessir (Black Elf), iirc exists and will be used by an elf if he speaks of a drow respectfully...

Pre-Descent name of the sub-race was Elves of the South (shoot me if I remeber how to spell it correctly). Drow word for elves is dartiir iirc, and they have little patince to anyone who'd equate them with faeries.

thanks, so surface elves would call drow elves but drow wouldn't equate themselves w/ surfacers. Does this include their word choice when speaking common.

Good/neutral-aligned drow are also allowed entry into Arvanaith and treated as elves in the after-life.

Thats intresting, i always figured the whole sub-race was forsaken by the elven gods.
Futurama quotes rock

#79 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 04:16 PM

btw, who would i ask about a room for this mod
Futurama quotes rock

#80 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 29 May 2004 - 01:15 PM

I imagine you will need to contact Neil if you are interested in applying with FWS, and you can try other forums listed in the Other Modding Communities as well.