The Revision of the Five

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#81 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 04:24 AM

MAYBE there will be a few bonus treasures, but this is definitely not a promise. We won't add bonuses where they aren't really needed. ToB is already full of overpowered weapons (even without Item Upgrade), I'm not sure if there is an urgent need to add new goodies.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#82 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 06:34 AM

I'm not sure if there is an urgent need to add new goodies.

gold. i need only gold. give them more gold. :turnip2: (i love this smilie)
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#83 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 06:46 AM

I wonder why do you need additional gold. In TOB, you can gather more gold than you can ever spend.

#84 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

Bloody engine of destruction ... oh, wait. That was my Sorcerer

• 722 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:46 AM

Mods like Item Upgrade can really increase a players need for gold.

I've also run into gold problems with parties with lots of mages. I end up having to buy lots of expensive scrolls for 3 or more party members and can run out of gold PDQ this way.

#85 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:49 AM

Mods like Item Upgrade can really increase a players need for gold.

I've also run into gold problems with parties with lots of mages. I end up having to buy lots of expensive scrolls for 3 or more party members and can run out of gold PDQ this way.

A high level thief or bard can easily solve this problem... ;)

#86 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

Bloody engine of destruction ... oh, wait. That was my Sorcerer

• 722 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 08:25 AM

I've played BGII & ToB since they came out. In that time I've *never* stolen from a store & I've only pickpocketed someone about 4 times ... and this is a total from *every* game not just one.

;)

#87 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:43 PM

I wonder why do you need additional gold. In TOB, you can gather more gold than you can ever spend.

gold is equivalent to charisma. the more gold you have the more ladies you get. :edwin:
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#88 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 07:10 AM

I've played BGII & ToB since they came out. In that time I've *never* stolen from a store & I've only pickpocketed someone about 4 times ... and this is a total from *every* game not just one.

;)

You're an angel comparing with me. I think I've commited at least 1000 thefts.

#89 Efreet

Efreet
  • 211 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:20 AM

if we would be able to add the Half-Dragon creature bams to the game (from IWD2), we could really replace them with these creatures.

Cool idea. How difficult would it be? IWDII contains lots of interesting monsters (for example a chimera would be a nice addition to Shodrin's Pit).
Then she saw his eyes, red and mad as hell. And in that moment she knew that he could kill anyone, no matter how strong. Madness, true madness could put a fist through a plank.

#90 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:43 AM

Cool idea. How difficult would it be? IWDII contains lots of interesting monsters (for example a chimera would be a nice addition to Shodrin's Pit).

To tell you the truth, it would bee TOO difficult. Or at least difficult enough to make it worthless to waste time with it. Adding new monster animations to BG2 is a true pain, and while I'd be glad to spice up things this way, I think we will drop the idea.
Posted Image

#91 Efreet

Efreet
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 06:45 AM

Pity.
:turnip2:
Then she saw his eyes, red and mad as hell. And in that moment she knew that he could kill anyone, no matter how strong. Madness, true madness could put a fist through a plank.

#92 -Tengu-

-Tengu-

Posted 01 August 2004 - 07:07 AM

To tell you the truth, it would bee TOO difficult. Or at least difficult enough to make it worthless to waste time with it. Adding new monster animations to BG2 is a true pain, and while I'd be glad to spice up things this way, I think we will drop the idea.

So many other things can be added to the game almost point and click.
What makes animations so much differend?

#93 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 08:37 AM

So many other things can be added to the game almost point and click.
What makes animations so much differend?

First, you can't simply add a new avatar to the game, you can only REPLACE existing ones. I guess this explains a lot - to add a new animation, you have to sacrifice one that is already there, and this can result in quite a mess.
Posted Image

#94 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 12:18 PM

I guess we shouldn't disturb his human form, right? Still, it is a little strange that in the final Ascension battle he has loads of high-level mage spells at his disposal while in the crystal cavern he only uses his fighter skills against the party (at least in human form).

I think the idea is that in his cavern you face his much weaker human form and then his true form, which has all his abilities, while at the Throne you face one form which has all of his abilities.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#95 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 12:06 AM

I think the idea is that in his cavern you face his much weaker human form and then his true form, which has all his abilities, while at the Throne you face one form which has all of his abilities

Which is a rather silly solution, if you ask me. He becomes stronger after his defeat in the caverns? And how, if I may ask?
Eh, forgot this rambling, I know the technical reasons.. <_<
Posted Image

#96 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 12:46 AM

He becomes stronger after his defeat in the caverns?

No, he doesn't become any stronger. He just shows all his powers without changing to his true dragon form at the Throne.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#97 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 01:06 AM

Yeah, this way its more believeable. Something like Irenicus1 in Spellhold vs. Irenicus2 at the Tree of Life...
Posted Image

#98 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 06:27 AM

There will be new dragon abilities for Abazigal (as the other dragons get, to be closer of their pnp counterparts) ?

#99 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 06:45 AM

It's... really not that hard.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#100 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 10:38 AM

It's... really not that hard.

Of course, you are welcome to help, if you wish...! :P
Posted Image