The Revision of the Five

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#101 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 10:51 AM

Galactygon's project to port all animations from all IE games into BG2 might be of interest.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#102 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 01:19 AM

Indeed, I'm already "interested" in that one - though we really didn't have the time to discuss any technical details in the last few months... :unsure:
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#103 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 12:17 AM

Since Illasera and her band will be the first to be revised, I'd once again ask everyone to post ideas and comments on possible modifications before we start working on them. You can read my basic concept in the first post as a guideline. ;)
Posted Image

#104 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 01:38 AM

If you give endurance to Illasera, what will happen with her boots of speed ?

#105 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 01:54 AM

Endurance
This innate ability grants the ranger greater endurance for 5 hours. He gains a 25% bonus to movement rate (non-cumulative with Boots of Speed), +1 bonus to saving throws and attack rolls, 1D8 +5 points bonus to maximum Hit Points, immunity to Fatigue and Uncounsciousness and a slight boost to regeneration rate (1HP/round).
This ability can be used once/day

I guess she won't become any faster.
Posted Image

#106 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 02:05 AM

she shouldn't be able to cast clerical spells because of her fallen status, so I'd advise to remove her Cure Critical Wounds spells

1. Why she must be fallen ? :huh: Clerics can be also evil... It's something here what I don't understand. If she have fallen, she did as a ranger, not as a cleric. :blink:

2. Can't she have Healing Spells as innates ? <_<

#107 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 02:14 AM

1.: she has fallen as a Ranger, and so she should lose her clerical/druidic spells, including her Cure Critical Wounds spells.
2.: a possibility, yes.
Posted Image

#108 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 02:22 AM

she has fallen as a Ranger, and so she should lose her clerical/druidic spells, including her Cure Critical Wounds spells.

That's what I don't understand. Why if she has fallen as a Ranger, she would lose her clerical spells ? First, I thought you are talking about those level 1-3 spells received by the ranger, but Cure Critical Wounds is not among them, is a level 5 cleric spell. So ?????? :huh: ???????

#109 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 07:06 AM

To be precise, Illasera CHEATS big time. She really shouldn't have those spells unless they are innates, as you suggested. We shall see, if those are meant to be innates, then so be it, I can accept them - but if they act as clerical spells, they should be removed or replaced.
Posted Image

#110 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 07:11 AM

She really shouldn't have those spells unless they are innates, as you suggested. We shall see, if those are meant to be innates, then so be it, I can accept them - but if they act as clerical spells, they should be removed or replaced.

Agreed. But I want to point out that healing spells are not very appropriate even as innates, because she is evil. If we consider them Bhaalspawn innates, something like vampiric touch (for instance) would be more suitable.

#111 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 07:16 AM

Or she should lose them simply. She already has a bunch of passive uber-boosts as possible Bhaalpowers, there is no need for additional innates too.
Posted Image

#112 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 07:18 AM

Or she should lose them simply. She already has a bunch of passive uber-boosts as possible Bhaalpowers, there is no need for additional innates too.

That's right, there aren't a big deal, they could be easily dropped. B)

#113 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 07:45 AM

the Reavers should arrive to the Glare prepared for combat. The cleric and the mage should have a few basic protections (Stoneskin, Death Ward, etc

Stoneskin is good, but not Death Ward. Reasons : the black reavers can expect to be attacked in melee, but they can't know if the enemy spellcasters will use spells of death magic (and there aren't so many). I don't think they would sacrifice other spells for Death Ward. A Cloak of Fear or Magic Resistance instead would be better.

Edited by Feanor, 06 September 2004 - 07:49 AM.

#114 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 08:02 AM

I don't think they would sacrifice other spells for Death Ward. A Cloak of Fear or Magic Resistance instead would be better

Considerable thoughts Feanor, I'll discuss them with The_Bigg.
Posted Image

#115 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 12:41 AM

Personally (as a PC), I never cast Death Ward because my saves rock ;) .
Anyway, priests have almost only buffing spells at level 4, the attacking spells require close contact (Cloack of fear, Cause serious Wounds, poison) or won't work anyway 'coz the player is always protected at this point (Mental Domination). The only thing that would take up many level 4 spaces is Call Woodland Beings (it's the same as simulacrum for a sorc, but 4 levels down... well, almost), otherwise you can memorize even totally unuseful spells just to fill the slots.
BTW: I personally wouldn't use Cure Serious Wounds, 'cause at this level it's waay too underpowered. only Heal (and maybe mass heal) are worth.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#116 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 12:15 AM

she shouldn't be able to cast clerical spells because of her fallen status, so I'd advise to remove her Cure Critical Wounds spells and grant her 2 additional Potions of Superior Healing.
- she shouldn't be immune to almost everything, I mean Uncounsciousness for example.
- we could reduce her HPs (225) to 180 and boost her with regeneration or life-stealing attacks to compensate.
- her arrows shouldn't dispel summons.

1. An aesthetycal correction : she should not cast clerical spells not because of her fallen status, but because she is not a cleric. :P

2. Maybe she could use poison effect for her arrows (something like arrows of biting) to compensate the dropping of "kill summons" effect ? :huh:

#117 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:09 AM

1) one of her arrows drains 10 HP per hit. I think this is an effect enough $£$%£&%%"£$/&
2) One of the Reavers (the human warrior) has a cheating armour that grants him Zone fo Sweet Air every second. Since we correct this, should we also compensate this dropping?

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#118 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 10:53 AM

Maybe she could use poison effect for her arrows (something like arrows of biting) to compensate the dropping of "kill summons" effect ?

one of her arrows drains 10 HP per hit. I think this is an effect enough

I was thinking on adding her arrows an additional effect, yes. The poison would seem an interesting choice, yet I tend to see her as a bit more dramatical character - she KILLS opponents in a few shot, not poisons them to make them suffer. Take a look at her favored arrows, they have everything that can make an opponent dead meat in seconds: heavy damage, bonus damage, spell failure, dispel effect, wing buffet, uncounsciousness... :blink: I don't think poison would be the best choice, if we need ANYTHING to add. I'd note her arrows are deadly already.

Oh and BTW, I don't think we should introduce those "unused" alternate arrows Bigg, what do you think? I say her classical attack is fine.
Posted Image

#119 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

Bloody engine of destruction ... oh, wait. That was my Sorcerer

• 722 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:47 PM

Does she use arrows of dispelling? She should have a few....

#120 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 11:55 PM

Actually, not her arrows are enchanted to do all these nasty things. It is her bow, enchanted by her own Bhaalpowers. She uses arrows+3.
But to answer your question, her attacks already dispel anything they strike... I'm not sure what you were referring to.. :unsure:
Posted Image