• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

#21 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:20 PM

Nice to know that I'm appreciated, Domi...

(Did you see my modified post, before yours?)

Edited by SConrad, 06 July 2004 - 02:22 PM.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#22 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:29 PM

*Giggles* heh, I actually meant first time when I posted that I'll be helping you with it anyways :)

Now we just need Bob to get his merchant hero talking :wub: Bob, let me know if there are NPCs you'd like me to take a shot at for you. My "difficult" ones are Yoshimo, Korgan, Haer and Viconia.

#23 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:39 PM

After consultation with Domi, I'd like to shift Hubelpot back to being a Human Druid, and give him the Totemic Druid kit. Personality-wise he is nothing like Cernd at all, and the kit will both (1) keep him from playing like Cernd, and (2) make him useful at the very low level he'll be when he first joins the party.

For his joining sequence, I see him offering the party employment in tracking down a large shipment of cabbages and other vegetables that he has orderd on behalf of the merchant's guild. He'll pay in advance, if he is allowed to accompany the party. He has invested borrowed money in that shipment, and will continue to adventure at first simply to avoid financial ruin; later he will stay with CHARNAME out of a sense of indebtedness over CHARNAME having "saved his life" (hopefully a dialog can be trigered the first time he is subjected to a healing spell). He'll start at level 1 (he's just a merchant), but the first quest XP awards will shoot him up in levels fast, and the totemic creatures are not level dependant (which is why the kit is so overpowered in BG TuTu). If this feels too underpowered, I'd be willing to write him as high as 89000 XP when you first meet him, but that just feels too powerful for his actual role in life.

Feedback welcomed.

#24 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:40 PM

I think Bob decided to scrap the gnome and go with Human instead to keep with the idea of non-conventional :)

And that's sound like a great way for bringin' him into the party - now, who had stolen tha cabbages?!

Do not worry about starting level - with druid's scheme he'll be going up like a rocket and then will stuck like all of us, druids at level 14 forever.

I'd rather you code, me - help, if you have time, 'cause I have a bunch of things on my BG1NPC do-list :)

#25 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:44 PM

*Giggles* heh, I actually meant first time when I posted that I'll be helping you with it anyways :)

Now we just need Bob to get his merchant hero talking :wub: Bob, let me know if there are NPCs you'd like me to take a shot at for you. My "difficult" ones are Yoshimo, Korgan, Haer and Viconia.

Domi,
I'll be glad to take Yoshimo, Korgan, Haer and Viconia, as well as Jan, Jaheira, Mazzy and Keldorn. I have trouble seeing an extended conversation with Valygar, and he is one of your favorites . . .

If anyone else would like to throw in a banter all are welcomed. :)

#26 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:46 PM

After consultation with Domi, I'd like to shift Hubelpot back to being a Human Druid, and give him the Totemic Druid kit. Personality-wise he is nothing like Cernd at all, and the kit will both (1) keep him from playing like Cernd, and (2) make him useful at the very low level he'll be when he first joins the party.

Good idea. I'll look for a human portrait, then...

For his joining sequence, I see him offering the party employment in tracking down a large shipment of cabbages and other vegetables that he has orderd on behalf of the merchant's guild. He'll pay in advance, if he is allowed to accompany the party. He has invested borrowed money in that shipment, and will continue to adventure at first simply to avoid financial ruin; later he will stay with CHARNAME out of a sense of indebtedness over CHARNAME having "saved his life" (hopefully a dialog can be trigered the first time he is subjected to a healing spell). He'll start at level 1 (he's just a merchant), but the first quest XP awards will shoot him up in levels fast, and the totemic creatures are not level dependant (which is why the kit is so overpowered in BG TuTu). If this feels too underpowered, I'd be willing to write him as high as 89000 XP when you first meet him, but that just feels too powerful for his actual role in life.

Simply, wonderful. Wonderful, Bob. Level 1 is only logical. But we might consider a death ward on him during his first mission, so that he won't accidently be killed before he's got the chance to advance.

I'd rather you code, me - help, if you have time, 'cause I have a bunch of things on my BG1NPC do-list

No problem. I'll code (I'll begin with the basics now). I'm thankful to be a part of this, actually.

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#27 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:48 PM

Let me know what you need help with, Domi. Do you want me to code, or help you code? (there's a difference...)

Anyways, portrait? Are one of those good enough, or should I keep looking (I'll probably do that anyway).

SC,

Your help on the portrait hunt and coding are both vastly appreciated. As to this group of portraits, we're going for human. The first farmer you posted would be good if he weren't so kooky. If you could find another fantasy kindly (poor) merchant or farmer that would be perfect.

#28 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:50 PM

Your help on the portrait hunt and coding are both vastly appreciated. As to this group of portraits, we're going for human. The first farmer you posted would be good if he weren't so kooky. If you could find another fantasy kindly (poor) merchant or farmer that would be perfect.

No problems!

Question: Does anyone (Domi or Bob) mind me using my prefix? Since it's not my mod from the beginning, I mean.

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#29 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:56 PM

No problems!

Question: Does anyone (Domi or Bob) mind me using my prefix? Since it's not my mod from the beginning, I mean.

No problem. My own prefix for any items or spells I may add to the mod is TAC.

#30 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:59 PM

Dutyfully noted.

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#31 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 06 July 2004 - 03:07 PM

And I have no prefix - so go ahead :)

#32 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 03:26 PM

But we might consider a death ward on him during his first mission, so that he won't accidently be killed before he's got the chance to advance.

I'm giving him "Herne's Horn" as a starting item; that should get him through the circus tent quest and the first Copper Coronet battle, after which he should be OK.

Herne's Horn:
Herne the Hunted, lord of all creatures destined to be caught and eaten, is one of the lesser known nature deities. This particular holy artifact started out as a simple signal horn carried by Verdant Thistledown, one of Herne's few human followers. One fine spring evening after blowing the horn, Verdant was confronted by a particularly vicious band of Xvart warriors. Cowering in abject terror, Verdant called upon the power of his god. "Herne, I beg you, with the fiercest of your warriors defend me!"
The ensuing rain of bunnies distracted the Xvarts long enough for Verdant to flee.

Effect: Summons a large number of rabbits while simultaneously granting sanctuary to the horn blower. May be used once per day.

Edited by BobTokyo, 06 July 2004 - 03:26 PM.

#33 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 03:31 PM

But we might consider a death ward on him during his first mission, so that he won't accidently be killed before he's got the chance to advance.

I'm giving him "Herne's Horn" as a starting item; that should get him through the circus tent quest and the first Copper Coronet battle, after which he should be OK.

Herne's Horn:
Herne the Hunted, lord of all creatures destined to be caught and eaten, is one of the lesser known nature deities. This particular holy artifact started out as a simple signal horn carried by Verdant Thistledown, one of Herne's few human followers. One fine spring evening after blowing the horn, Verdant was confronted by a particularly vicious band of Xvart warriors. Cowering in abject terror, Verdant called upon the power of his god. "Herne, I beg you, with the fiercest of your warriors defend me!"
The ensuing rain of bunnies distracted the Xvarts long enough for Verdant to flee.

Effect: Summons a large number of rabbits while simultaneously granting sanctuary to the horn blower. May be used once per day.

Splendid. Do you want to do the item?

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#34 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 03:33 PM

Do you want to do the item?

Yup, it's a custom spell I did a while back. I just need to switch it to an item.

#35 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 03:43 PM

#'s 3 and 5 are closest, but I think we need to keep looking.

;)

Yes. I think so too.

Yup, it's a custom spell I did a while back. I just need to switch it to an item

Piece of cake, then.

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#36 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:00 PM

Another, important question: English only, or .tra's?

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#37 BobTokyo

BobTokyo
  • 1235 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:34 PM

English only, unless you feel like doing a translation. This is meant as a one-week NPC, not a major project. :)

#38 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:44 PM

English only, unless you feel like doing a translation. This is meant as a one-week NPC, not a major project. :)

Great! Less work for me!

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#39 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 07:43 PM

Me thinks some of you people need help.
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#40 -Notmrt-

-Notmrt-

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:37 PM

*me takes that to mean your offering to do scrippting
seriously if you need a voice for it id be happy to help