Photo

Feedback, good or bad

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 -Hot Fox-

-Hot Fox-

Posted 22 April 2005 - 05:44 PM

Whenever, Someone from your mod (such as Sweet Fanny Adams or Hublethorp) address me they often call me "sir" or "Lord". :blink: Now I am sure that my character is a female and I am positive that the game is talking to her because the mouth thing that appears on the portrait when someone speaks to you is there. It is a little annoying. I do like your mod so far however!

#22 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:12 AM

I have used Hubelpot in a party on a couple of occasions and would recommend to anyone to try the NPC out.  The song is very funny (depends on your sense of humour), the scene in the kitchen is very well written (got a reaction from me) and the interjections are in character. The NPC is not a hero in the traditional sense but some-one trying to pay a debt off and not scared of showing his fear.  The NPC stats and the equipment make sense for the situation described. It got to the stage that H is my preferred healer though I miss some of those cleric only spells.

Improvments - well the interaction with Bioware NPC is fine but there is probably a core of us that use few or none in our parties (mine only includes Nalia by Chapter 3) so the idea above of more interaction with the PC or in the quest giving/ finishing bits sounds good to me. [Can you also remove the Merchant Guild's gold from the inventory as well once you get to the appropriate point?]

Overall a very good mod.

regards

SleepingDog

Thanks a lot! :)

Whenever, Someone from your mod (such as Sweet Fanny Adams or Hublethorp) address me they often call me "sir" or "Lord".  :blink:  Now I am sure that my character is a female and I am positive that the game is talking to her because the mouth thing that appears on the portrait when someone speaks to you is there. It is a little annoying. I do like your mod so far however!

Umm... That's not really how it was supposed to be. I coded that so long ago I problably messed up the tokens. In any case, I'll look into it. ;)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#23 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:17 AM

It's been a while since I played with Hubelpot last (that sounds odd, doesn't it? :blink: ). Anyway, I liked having him around. :) Finally someone other than Keldorn who is the fatherly figure.

The only thing that really bugged me was the "duplicate Luitenant Aegisfield" bug, making the luitenant appear again after he walks away when you complete the Tanner quest. I just paused and CTRL+Y'd the newly spawned Aegisfield and it worked.

His voicing is very nice and enjoyable, and as a character, he's quite powerful at level 8 and above. 'Tis a nice touch to give those bandits at the Bridge District a real purpose now. ^_^

He's a little short on interjections, though, which I missed. But I'd take him over Cernd any day. :hug:

Can't wait until the next release. Any idea on when that might be?

#24 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:36 AM

Can't wait until the next release. Any idea on when that might be?

Judging from the progress that has been made: Never.

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#25 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 10:02 PM

Been trying to talk them into doing more, but with the head writer, mia....

Sadly I fear Hublepot will remain in beta forever.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#26 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 02:33 PM

So far I'm really enjoying the mod, too! I haven't finished a game with him yet, tho, and with him and still in SOA. I have played BGII for years and tend to have several games going at once with different classes of PC and different NPC and romances.
I agree with the poster who said that a core of us don't use the Bioware NPC's any longer, or least not all of them. I am one of those. I tend to now play a 'neutral' type of party because I enjoy the Edwin Romance so much (so far this is my fave Romance mod of all of them) and he is evil, as well as playing around with Valen in my party (a chaotic evil vampire for those who haven't played with her in the party yet.) Hub's class is great as he is neutral, so he won't gripe if your rep drops a few points and therefore doesn't annoy me like Kelsey does when he moans about miscreants being a dime a dozen (as if HE is in charge and not me - I think I'll kill him later in this game in as painful a way as possible) and Hub is a nice, fatherly figure. I do keep Minsc, tho, and I can't wait to see all the banters between the two of them. I tend to have Edwin, Minsc, Immy (later), Valen, and Solaufein and/or Kelsey. Maybe if Hub gets popular enough someone who knows how can create a few banters with these NPC's??? Or we can vote on who we'd like to see Hub banter with?
Love the bear song! I have a pet hedgehog, so I really was LOL at the hedgehog line! Jaheira annoys me no end so I kill her, too, and as I can't have Anomen with Valen, forget him (also, he is now grating on my nerves anyway with his arrogance). At least Hub is around for healing and whatnot so can definately do without Anomen and Jaheira.
I didn't intend to ramble so much, but I felt like stating a few reason why I love Hub so far and can't wait to finish a game with him and see his epilogue!
P.S. He has called me PC 'lady' only once and referred to her as 'lord' in other places. I know this has been mentioned but it is indeed a minor point.
Great work, SConrad!!! :D

#27 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 03:05 PM

By the way, I don't mind the Aegisfield bug at all. I just talk to him twice and get twice the gold and 2 rep points which helps because I have Viconia in my party and it make up for the 2 rep points that dropped upon adding her.
Also, I have to say that I really like how Hubelpot dies. (Of course I reloaded). A tiny troll in the Keep got a critical hit on Hub and slapped him to pieces and all Hub said was "oh, dear" in that brogue of his as he flew into tiny veggie man pieces. I don't know, but it just stuck me as funny and made me laugh.

#28 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 06:36 AM

Thank you very much for those kind words, Minarvia. :)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#29 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 07:57 AM

so the duplicate-Aegisfield bug is caused by Hub? cool! :D i had it down on my list of 'unusual BP bugs to hunt down'.

*strikes another bug from the list*

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#30 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 09:19 AM

Heheh. ;)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#31 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:05 AM

A bit of feedback - so far I am playing several games at once and am still in SOA with Hubelpot. I love Hub - I won't go into grammar because I really don't care. I just appreciate that people like you, SConrad, take the time to make such great mods for others to enjoy. To give you real feedback, just want to say, other than "great job!" (and I've said this in other posts) I am having no trouble with the Farmer Kit except for the tomato. For others reading this; just select the veggie, then wait until the quick slot turns yellow on the edges, and then it goes in easily. The only veggie that doesn't work right ( for healing as per the description) is the tomato. And it does burning hands instead of breathing fire, but who cares?! I love the garlic for vampires because I use a couple of characters that can't wear the amlulet of power and this is a great way to keep them from being level drained. Also, really love the sapient shaft! It is both useful and funny. So, SConrad, you are in touch with JCompton? I get Kelsey remarks when using it! Do you know each other personally or just thru the computer? (Just wondering.)

#32 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:20 AM

A bit of feedback - so far I am playing several games at once and am still in SOA with Hubelpot. I love Hub - I won't go into grammar because I really don't care.  I just appreciate that people like you, SConrad, take the time to make such great mods for others to enjoy.  To give you real feedback, just want to say, other than "great job!" (and I've said this in other posts)

Thank you!

I am having no trouble with the Farmer Kit except for the tomato.  For others reading this; just select the veggie, then wait until the quick slot turns yellow on the edges, and then it goes in easily.  The only veggie that doesn't work right ( for healing as per the description) is the tomato.  And it does burning hands instead of breathing fire, but who cares?!  I love the garlic for vampires because I use a couple of characters that can't wear the amlulet of power and this is a great way to keep them from being level drained. Also, really love the sapient shaft!  It is both useful and funny.

Thanks - I'll look into the tomatos when I can.

So, SConrad, you are in touch with JCompton?  I get Kelsey remarks when using it!  Do you know each other personally or just thru the computer?  (Just wondering.)

Uh, I'm not really sure what you mean with "Kelsey remarks". :)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#33 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 03:22 PM

What I mean by Kelsey remarks I mean that when I select a sapient shaft to move it or command it to attack I often get Kelsey's voice (from another mod if you don't know) saying, "thanks, I think you're prett splendid youself!"
Oh, goodness, if you don't know anything about that I'm about to get a really creepy feeling...

#34 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 03:25 PM

Sorry about the typos. Should be "Thanks, I think you're pretty splendid, yourself!" I also get printed text talking about taking a design for making slings (also from the Kelsey mod) and some weird text about a woman putting her face in your hand and gazing at you with fear.
Please don't kid me! Should I worry?

#35 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:11 AM

Um, as far as I know, this was neither the design of me or of jcompton.

To be honest, I'm not really sure what could cause the problem. Which mods do you have installed (and in which order)? If you could post your weidu.log-file, that would be helpful. :)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#36 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:41 AM

Um, as far as I know, this was neither the design of me or of jcompton.

To be honest, I'm not really sure what could cause the problem. Which mods do you have installed (and in which order)? If you could post your weidu.log-file, that would be helpful. :)

View Post

Oh, boy, I was getting hopeful at first that you were just pulling my leg! I'm not sure of the order, but I have installed -
Bioware patch
Baldurdash
Solaufein
Kelsey
Keto
Flirt packs
Banter packs
Dungeon be gone
Unfinished Business
Edwin Romance
Under-represented items
Ease of use (no Edwina component or concurrent romances part)
Hubelpot
Getting rid of Anomen
Valen
You know, if you could help with this that's great, but I suppose that if not, and the only problems are those little humorous ones that I was sure was just clever writing on your part, then maybe I don't have to panic!
Also, I have started another couple of games to experiment with Hubelpot, and it does seem that if I have Valen in my party when I take on his cabbage quest then it does not work. If I add her later then everything is fine. Like I had stated earlier, she also seems to keep my party from meeting Yoshimo in the CC (but only if I have Hubelpot in my party). But these points can be worked around.
Thanks for being so helpful!

#37 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:19 AM

Hm, I didn't know there was a conflict with Valen or Yoshimo. I would appreciate more info on those ones. What exactly happens?

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#38 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 12:23 PM

Hmmm...to be as brief as possible, regarding Valen and Yoshi - when I start a game I take Minsc and maybe Jaheira out with me, rest at the CC, and see Yoshi at that point. Then I recruit Edwin and (maybe) Kelsey and Valen. When I agree to take Hub's quest we go to the CC and Yoshi is no longetr there and neither are the gnomes if I have Valen. If I start a game and pick up Valen AFTER I get Hubelpot and do the gnomes and Fanny, etc, everything is fine because Yoshi and the gnomes are there just where they should be. Does this help?
If I'm the only one this happens to, maybe you don't need to worry about it. You've done so much work already that I would hate to be the cause of you having more! I'm thinking the problem may be the Valen mod, eh? I admit I haven't played her mod without Hubelpot installed already so I can't isolate the problem.

Edited by Minarvia, 26 July 2005 - 10:44 AM.

#39 5th_horseman

5th_horseman
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:26 PM

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but was rather strange. Hubelpot banter's with Edwin about robes and fancy dress, Edwin (male) get indignate, O.K. that works for me, but not when Edwin is female, is this suposed to happen in this circumstance?

#40 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:40 PM

I'm thinking the problem may be the Valen mod, eh?

It's probably a Valen bug, yes. :)

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but was rather strange. Hubelpot banter's with Edwin about robes and fancy dress, Edwin (male) get indignate, O.K. that works for me, but not when Edwin is female, is this suposed to happen in this circumstance?

Yeah, it's a bug. ;)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner