Jump to content


Photo

Contents of the mod


  • Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

    Eclipse

  • Member
  • 4415 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 09:18 AM

I might be thinking of the wrong thing, but I don't remember those animations as being for particularly mobile creatures. Didn't all those encountered remain static and use ranged attacks?

Thats because one of their items contained an extension header that reduced their movement speed to 0. They were meant to stand in their little pools. I removed those effects, so I hope there won't be any problems with their movement (they'll still be moving very slowly compared to other elementals).
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#22 -Sim-

-Sim-
  • Guest

Posted 20 December 2003 - 09:31 AM

Yes, I'm quite aware of that. My concern is that the animation itself will look shit if they move.

#23 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

    Eclipse

  • Member
  • 4415 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 09:38 AM

I shall see to that, testing those abilities will decide everything. IF there is a problem with their movement, we'll have three options:

1.: Make them static, so they'll be rooted to the spot (as they use ranged weapons right now)
2.: Use the IWD1 animation of Water Elementals (this will take some time)
3.: Leave them out from the contents of the mod (an option I'd like to avoid)
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#24 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

    Eclipse

  • Member
  • 4415 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 11:42 AM

OK, I've tested those abilities, here are the results:

-The Water Elementals and Ben-Hadar work fantastic, they are as they should. They use ranged weapons, and move very slow (Ben-Hadar a bit faster). To make their movement more real, I've also added a grease animation to them, so all-in-all it looks nice :) !
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#25 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 03:52 PM

It will be different in many aspects. That "balancing" gave shapeshifters and druids spellcasting capabilities even when in animal form (I would be very much interested in seeing a spellcasting Mountain Bear... <_< ), gave the druid class spells that should have stayed under the clerical domains (Righteous Magic for example, absolutely non-druid) plus the new method solves many possible bugs and cheats with that version as well.

Don't be so harsh with Wes!
His solution was VERY original and clever, and I used some of his ideas.
He solves the problem in a different way in the end, and addresses different things.

Ever forward, my darling wind...


#26 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

    Eclipse

  • Member
  • 4415 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 12:41 AM

Don't be so harsh with Wes!
His solution was VERY original and clever, and I used some of his ideas.
He solves the problem in a different way in the end, and addresses different things

If I remember correctly, it wasn't his work. It was only included into his mod like the Improved Illych component.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#27 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

    Wraith Editor

  • Member
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 01:50 AM

Actually the Improved Illich encounter was done by Wes under the psedonym Lesley Reimer as a joke.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#28 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

    Eclipse

  • Member
  • 4415 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 04:01 AM

Actually the Improved Illich encounter was done by Wes under the psedonym Lesley Reimer as a joke.

Oh gosh, you ARE right! :blink: Now I remember...
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#29 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

    Eclipse

  • Member
  • 4415 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 04:57 PM

It has been decided: the "Monk robes" component WILL be available in the first release ;) .
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#30 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

    Eclipse

  • Member
  • 4415 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 05:06 PM

"SwashImoen" component added.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#31 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 12:43 AM

Sometimes I wonder if you have the same mod as mine :blink:
My version doesn't have all those components :P

Anyway, I agreed on shapeshiting, but separating the Princes is an absolute non-sense. They're only called by druids, and to build this "stand alone component" I should just copy the SAME IDENTICAL files already installed by the first component.
Non sense.

Ever forward, my darling wind...


#32 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

    Eclipse

  • Member
  • 4415 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 08:09 AM

Eeh...

Now, I'll be patient this time and won't start pointing you to some topics and personal posts where I've made it clear, that the components listed above aren't necessarily INDIVIDUAL components. <_< Still, some of them is more than a simple new HLA that is part of the HLA System component, so I guess it is a fair thing to inform the community that this mod will feature the FULLY REVISED VERSIONS OF ALL 4 ELEMENTAL PRINCES. The descriptions of the elemental summoning HLAs doesn't mention anything like this.

So once again, and hopefully the last time: the components in the list are the points where we've changed something. Some of them are larger projects, appearing in separate components, while others are parts of a larger one.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#33 Auvrin

Auvrin
  • Member
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 08:09 AM

Will you be offering component installation, or just a complete install with this mod? Personally I see some things I would be interested in using, and a few here and there I would rather avoid, I'm sure you've already thought of this however and posted it elsewhere, which I'm sorry if I did, in fact, miss.
Of all things in this world... Our self built cages, are our worst design of hell.

Fear me simply because I'm blunt and honest.

*WARNING* I am rated R for suggestive themes and violent material. If you need a warning label don't leave home, cause there isn't a warning label on your front door.

Posted Image

-Pain is beatiful.-Posted Image

#34 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

    Eclipse

  • Member
  • 4415 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 08:12 AM

Of course it will offer most components as optional. As I've pointed out in my post above, some of the components in the list will be part of a larger project (like Revised Elemental Princes - HLA System).

BTW, to clear things up, I'll make a small note after every non-optional component at the main list. ;)
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#35 Auvrin

Auvrin
  • Member
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 08:15 AM

Thank you, though I would be hesitant to download the mod itself if some of the bigger changes weren't optional. I look forward to the possible Blackguards.
Of all things in this world... Our self built cages, are our worst design of hell.

Fear me simply because I'm blunt and honest.

*WARNING* I am rated R for suggestive themes and violent material. If you need a warning label don't leave home, cause there isn't a warning label on your front door.

Posted Image

-Pain is beatiful.-Posted Image

#36 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

    Eclipse

  • Member
  • 4415 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 08:17 AM

I would be hesitant to download the mod itself if some of the bigger changes weren't optional.

Can you be a bit more specific on this?

I look forward to the possible Blackguards

As do I :lol: !
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#37 Auvrin

Auvrin
  • Member
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 08:21 AM

Such as the swashbuckler Imoen, and possibly others that may come into play later on. I would probably give Imoen as a SB a try, don't get me wrong, but as this seems to be an additive mod of multiple fixes, changes, and/or additions, it wouldn't feel right having a change forced upon someone when they're downloading it for other aspects. Make more sense?
Of all things in this world... Our self built cages, are our worst design of hell.

Fear me simply because I'm blunt and honest.

*WARNING* I am rated R for suggestive themes and violent material. If you need a warning label don't leave home, cause there isn't a warning label on your front door.

Posted Image

-Pain is beatiful.-Posted Image

#38 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

    Eclipse

  • Member
  • 4415 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 08:23 AM

Make more sense?

Absolutely. Please take a look at the "refreshed" components list! ;)
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#39 Longinus

Longinus
  • Member
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 08:41 AM

8.: SwashImoen

Imoen will become a Swashbuckler/Mage instead of the pure Thief/Mage.

Why? Are regular thieves too weak? :D

Why not just make her a thief and let the player decide when to dual class her to a mage?

Thieves are perfectly "balanced" characters in Baldur's Gate 2, after all, and therefore deadly enough for a player's needs.
"If you remember me, then you must also remember what you did!"

~ Edge, Panzer Dragoon Saga

#40 Andyr

Andyr

    HERR RASENKOPF

  • Member
  • 2318 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 08:44 AM

She needs to be a mage of some sort in BG2 so she can be arrested by the Cowled Wizards for... wizardry.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"