Photo

The Vault v5.0 - Possible to Update for BGT?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:26 AM

Anyone ever have contact with Josh Clue? Busy picking my way through the Vault to try and make it compatible with BGT.

Edited by erebusant, 06 April 2007 - 10:35 PM.

It takes a village...

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:49 PM

Whoa... I guess I should've updated this thread. I didn't want to blab about it too much 'cause it'll be a while before I can get around to looking at it, but I managed to get Creepin's last update to the mod (along with his blessing to continue his work), which in turn is an improvement in patching and other things to Josh Clue's last version. And from Clue's comments on his own website, it looks like he's generally unavailable for long stretches but supportive (or at least not against) what Creepin has done.

So... how serious are you about this? Like I said, it'd be quite a while until I can clear out current projects, but if you have immediate availability, I can upload it somewhere and give you some background info. Assuming you can also make it Tutu-compatible ;). That, and BGT compatibility, should really be the easy (and final) part of the coding though - just a matter largely of substituting variables for underscores, area names and the like (as cmorgan describes here).

[P.S. You might want to change this thread title or folks like me who mainly do light browsing might miss it. Then again, that might be a good thing :D.]

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 11:11 AM

Whoa... I guess I should've updated this thread. I didn't want to blab about it too much 'cause it'll be a while before I can get around to looking at it, but I managed to get Creepin's last update to the mod (along with his blessing to continue his work), which in turn is an improvement in patching and other things to Josh Clue's last version. And from Clue's comments on his own website, it looks like he's generally unavailable for long stretches but supportive (or at least not against) what Creepin has done.

So... how serious are you about this? Like I said, it'd be quite a while until I can clear out current projects, but if you have immediate availability, I can upload it somewhere and give you some background info. Assuming you can also make it Tutu-compatible ;) . That, and BGT compatibility, should really be the easy (and final) part of the coding though - just a matter largely of substituting variables for underscores, area names and the like (as cmorgan describes here).

[P.S. You might want to change this thread title or folks like me who mainly do light browsing might miss it. Then again, that might be a good thing :D .]

So far, I'm just working my way through the TP2. Finished the area patching and the bcs replacements and extensions, and now am working my way through the .cre patching. I really can't do anything with the Tutu portion, because I don't have it installed, but when I make this work on my BGT install, I can send you the archive of my fixes for BGT.

It takes a village...

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:55 PM

Eh... this is why I said "whoa" - I think Creepin already did all this, or made a good start at least. So you would be better off using his version as a base rather than the v5. I'll upload it and PM you the link.

And you don't really need Tutu installed to mod for it at that level, you just need references for the differences (like the map list in my signature). I mod for BGT without having it installed. Though, obviously, I don't test on it, but who needs testing? :whistling:

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:24 PM

Eh... this is why I said "whoa" - I think Creepin already did all this, or made a good start at least. So you would be better off using his version as a base rather than the v5. I'll upload it and PM you the link.

And you don't really need Tutu installed to mod for it at that level, you just need references for the differences (like the map list in my signature). I mod for BGT without having it installed. Though, obviously, I don't test on it, but who needs testing? :whistling:

I've already downloaded Creepin's Vault4.rar and am using some of the code found in its tp2 on the .cre files. It answers a lot of questions, but there are many values that don't match between v4 and v5 and some attributes that weren't addressed. It's going pretty smoothly now with the template I made up.

It takes a village...

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:44 PM

I'm talking about Creepin's Vault v5r, not his v4r.

#7 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:08 AM

Erebusant please ... may u kindly let me know if the vault in future is compatible also with BG1 NPC projects, SCS and other similar stuff modified by this mod?

thanks,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#8 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:15 AM

E or Miloch,

if you get The Vault ready I will beta test it.

Miloch,

If you are ready I am willing to test CoM Forge & CoM Adventure Pack on a BGT-BP install.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#9 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:19 AM

I also am willing to help on The Vault (a true Tutu version), if someone needs it; it is one of those things ZI have never been able to finish without a crash (and I thought the ideas were good).

Edited by cmorgan, 17 May 2007 - 03:20 AM.

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:21 PM

I haven't heard from erebusant since I gave him Creepin's Vault v5r which in turn was based on the original author's v5 (who as I said above seems to support or at least isn't against such a revision). Personally, I haven't had much time to give this more than a cursory review - and that would be that the first priority here would be to rewrite everything to be fully WeiDU-compatible, then integrate the various revisions and finally look at cross-platform compatibility. So that's a hefty set of tasks maybe, but doable. In the interests of furthering the history of community development of this mod, I'll make public the latest version I have (really just Creepin's Vault v5r unchanged). I wouldn't call this a beta or even an alpha for general player consumption, but if some of you modders want to a gander at it - great!

As far as the CoM mods, I moved those down in my list of priorities due to more immediate demand for other projects. Though I've done a lot of work on them and still aim to finish them after clearing current demands (right now I'm trying to output a boatload of BAMs for a different store mod). At one point, Magnus (the author) gave me go-ahead for a 'More Harder Creatures' component based on numerous player comments about additional imbalanced creatures in the game. So that raised the complexity for the revision a bit. Maybe I'll spin that off into a side mod when I pick this up again if there's increased demand for the original content. I'll certainly be looking for beta testers at that point though and will let you know :).

Edited by Miloch, 17 May 2007 - 10:27 PM.

#11 Aramyr

Aramyr
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:02 PM

Líthas
Is the Vault updated to BGT? I also wanna see the Bg1 adventure and the ComForge. If somebody tell how to do it I will update. I'm not a programmer but i still wanna make it.If some can help answer me.
Kalíthas
-ps :Sorry for my bad english.-

#12 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:53 PM

Is the Vault updated to BGT? I also wanna see the Bg1 adventure and the ComForge.

I am working on the last two, or was at least before real life sidetracked me. I'll pick them up again soon - BG1Adv was at least 90% so that shouldn't be too tough. As for the Vault, I thought erebusant was working on it (and Creepin before him).

#13 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:29 PM

I dropped an analysis of what folks have done/not yet completed in another thread, that should help, and hopefully there are enough of us poking around to get rolling on this; crossmod variables are all set up in a library, so it is getting easier to deal with (search/replace handles a bunch).

#14 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:00 PM

I dropped an analysis of what folks have done/not yet completed in another thread

Eh, do you have a crosslink for that? I haven't stumbled across it, and believe or not, I combed through the last 4 months or so of posts here. Though admittedly, I skipped over a ton. As tempting as Elder Scrolls modding might sound, I still haven't gotten around to really looking at BG2 or PST yet. Ah, the good olde days, when they made real games (*starts babbling about a senile fool about Ultima II*...).

#15 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:26 PM

I think cmorgan means this

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev