Photo

Da Kit Lists

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:02 AM

And on final note ... you say ya want a Mage with fighter qualities :) Why not try a fighter with mage specialization?? ;)

Yes I could and I did (kensai/mage), but I would like a pure mage kit with some combat abilities :lol: . I perceive this option differently :P .

#62 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:48 AM

Try this. It just was not made for BG1...
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#63 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:17 PM

Try this. It just was not made for BG1...

Thanks. Maybe someday I will :) .

#64 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:32 AM

Bump for new KitListZ :D

- Added 2 kits from the Elven Racial Pack
- Random stuff I forgot over the last month :doh:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#65 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:39 AM

KitListZ
KitList
KitListX

What's this 'Lols_KitGuide_v8.3.pdf' file I just downloaded from the page? Update, update, update! Smiley, update! :P

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#66 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:22 AM

Hmmm, no clue here either :P But methinks Leomar wants to keep it in the BWP versioning scheme (the BWS was also v1, v2, v3 and then it bumped to v7 or something right?? ^_^)

EDIT: Added badly drawn ASCII chart to show Da evolushun o da keetlist!!! (ya won't believe how much time it took to create that lousy thing :doh:) But hopefully, it's clearer now :)

Edited by Lollorian, 06 March 2010 - 09:35 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#67 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:41 PM

The KitList got updated for BWPv9 :)

Changelog:
- Moved Prestige kitpack, Paladins of Faerun, RTTKitpack into the BWP kitlist
- Mod links now sorted alphabetically
- Updated A64's ToBEx section to reflect inclusion within the BWPv9
- Changed link to NI's .bat to Jarno's Megamod FAQ
- Corrected note about PoF removing kits

#68 marty

marty
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

Awesome job Lollorian! I just spent the whole day reading through your awesome guide!

I have a few questions about installing extra kits into the BWP installation.

1) Firstly, most HLA table changing mods like Divine Remix and Rogue Rebalancing explicitly recommend installing kit packs before them:

Divine kits will have their spellbooks adjusted for the base class spell spheres provided by Divine Remix, provided this mod is installed after them. If kits are installed after Divine Remix, those kits will have no divine spells available for casting, unless they're designed to work with DR (the kits in Oversight as of v8 and SP Collection as of v7 can be installed after DR, for example).

However in the BWP install, the Kits portion (Section 23) comes after Divine Remix. Doesn't this mean that any divine kits in Prestige Kit Pack and Return to Trademeet won't have divine spells?

2) In light of the above, should I install all additional kit mods just beforeSection 22: HLA Table Changing Mods of the install guide?

2.a) In your guide you recommend install all the kits along with there mods. I take it this means that for mods like Ashes of Embers, which is installed in 2 parts, we must install the kits in the earlier part (i.e. before Divine Remix)

3) For kits listed under Kit Duplicates [KDP], whichever kit is installed last will overwrite the previous right? That means in the .2da files each kit name gets a unique code, therefore 2 kits cannot share the same name. Correct?

3.a) You have listed Priest of Oghma/Selune/Tempus under duplicates for TDD and DR, but DR remix has special names like "Silverstar, Nightcloak, and Battleguard" wheres TDD's names are simply "Priest". Why is there a conflict if there names are different?

4) Lastly, when you get the time, could you post your install order (and component selections) for the most complete set of kits you've installed with BWP? Are there any kits not included with BWP, but listed in your guide, that you've had problems with?

Thanks alot!

Edited by marty, 18 August 2010 - 07:44 PM.

#69 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:34 PM

1) However in the BWP install, the Kits portion (Section 23) comes after Divine Remix. Doesn't this mean that any divine kits in Prestige Kit Pack and Return to Trademeet won't have divine spells?

Well, you cannot actually install the Kits with the Divine Remix... and in my opinion, as the whole Divine Remix mod is just as out dated as the non_WeiDU mods...

2) In light of the above, should I install all additional kit mods just beforeSection 22: HLA Table Changing Mods of the install guide?

You do what you think is best, but if you truly wish to use the original kits, the way they were designed, you install them after the HLA changes.

3) For kits listed under Kit Duplicates [KDP], whichever kit is installed last will overwrite the previous right? That means in the .2da files each kit name gets a unique code, therefore 2 kits cannot share the same name. Correct?

It means that never, in the million years you should install both of the kits, as you'll be wasting anywhere from 2 to 10 kit places you can install from 220 or so kits places... did we tell that you can only have a total of 255 kits in the Kit.IDS, after which, the characters are assigned the last one, and in some cases corrupted totally, and the Refinements HLA component actually doubles the number of kits in the Kit.IDS file...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 18 August 2010 - 08:39 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#70 marty

marty
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:14 PM

Well, you cannot actually install the Kits with the Divine Remix... and in my opinion, as the whole Divine Remix mod is just as out dated as the non_WeiDU mods...

I looked at the install.bat (default tactical installation) and it doesn't seem to include any checks for Divine Remix before installing the kits:

[size="2"]%IFS%PPK.exe copy /Y ".\%BWFP%\_override\PPK\*.*" ".\override" | %M%
%IFNLS%PPK%S%PPK%L%1%SK% 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | %M%
%IFNLS%kitrtt%S%kitrtt%L%0%SK% 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 | %M%[/size]

I am curious what is preventing me from installing these kits? Is it simply the 255 kit limitation?

You do what you think is best, but if you truly wish to use the original kits, the way they were designed, you install them after the HLA changes.

I will keep this in mind, but my major consideration is stability before balance. Am I correct in assuming that installing kits before HLA mods will the 'safest' to prevent code errors?

It means that never, in the million years you should install both of the kits, as you'll be wasting anywhere from 2 to 10 kit places you can install from 220 or so kits places... did we tell that you can only have a total of 255 kits in the Kit.IDS, after which, the characters are assigned the last one, and in some cases corrupted totally, and the Refinements HLA component actually doubles the number of kits in the Kit.IDS file...

More info about this issue can be found here.

After some testing with kit installations I've found the following:

1) Duplicate kits will override each other in the Kit selection GUI
2) Duplicate kits must have exactly the same internal name which is found in the setup.tp2 file. Therefore some kits listed under duplicates can be installed together. (eg. TDD's "Priest of Oghma" will not be replaced by DR's "Lorekeeper of Oghma")
3) Duplicate kits don't seem to be correctly un-installed. (ie. the duplicate description remains after uninstall, not sure about abilities)
4) The best solution is manually editing out entries in .tp2 files before installation, to make sure there are no duplicates

Edited by marty, 21 August 2010 - 02:39 AM.

#71 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:00 AM

Well wokay then :D

Here's KitList_9.5 with:

- 5 new KITS! (Argent77's Spellsword, Adul's Warsling Sniper and 3 new ones from Jarno's MegaModKits :coolthumb:)

... that's about it I guess :ermm:

And cause the SHS uploader went red 3 consecutive times trying to upload a 1.34 MB pdf :blink: saying "Upload Skipped (Error IO)", the kitlist is on mediafire :lol: ... yes I know the problem might entirely be on my side btw :lol: