No entry point for AR1800

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:23 PM

I'm running a BWP 8.01 Tactics install. North Small Teeth Forest (AR1800) doesn't have an entry point - CTD while loading. It's not a huge bug, but I thought it worth mentioning for a future BWP fixpack.

I've found other threads that talked about old versions of Baldurdash and Worldmap having issues with all of the Small Teeth Forest areas. I checked them all in NI, only 1800 is missing an entry point - so it's not the same old bug.

Edited by Darpaek, 08 September 2009 - 04:27 PM.

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:49 PM

AR1800

Moar changelogs pl0x :D (.are and .bcs)

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:12 PM

No change log needed. It was overridden by the Tactics component which changes the area. Since tactics was installed after G3 fixpack, your transitions are hosed. I thought we settled a long time ago that Tactics was to go before Fixpack a la Ascension, at least for the area changing/not patching components. I don't do the BWP installs anymore but the last one I did, I modified the order.

Because I installed Tactics before g3fixpack you can try my area if it helps. You BCS will be fine because you just want the creatures created in the area. It may or may not work but anything is worth trying.

Good Luck!

Attached File  AR1800.ARE   8.53K   342 downloads

et voila!
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#4 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:33 PM

No change log needed. It was overridden by the Tactics component which changes the area. Since tactics was installed after G3 fixpack, your transitions are hosed. I thought we settled a long time ago that Tactics was to go before Fixpack a la Ascension, at least for the area changing/not patching components. I don't do the BWP installs anymore but the last one I did, I modified the order.

Because I installed Tactics before g3fixpack you can try my area if it helps. You BCS will be fine because you just want the creatures created in the area. It may or may not work but anything is worth trying.

Good Luck!

Attached File  AR1800.ARE   8.53K   342 downloads

et voila!

Thanks! I appreciate the .are. It really wasn't a big deal - MoveToArea solved it fine. I just wanted to mention it as a bug report. As you noted: It's an install order issue.

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:52 PM

Thanks a lot Hoppy :cheers:

(inches closer to megamod nirvana :D)

Moved the tactics block before G3Fixpack :devil: But, I wonder, some of its components are preceded by the SCS components, does somebody know exactly which components overwrite??

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#6 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:20 PM

From what I remember, the North Forest and Small Teeth Pass were BWP expert installs so they were the parts that replaced rather than patched. Some of the non expert components were left in the tactics part of the BWP install (Bodhi, streamlined trolls and the like). Again, this was a while ago so I may have forgotten somethings. I just picked the components I wanted and installed before the fixpack.

This is what I did but it was well over a year ago.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #31 // Mike Barnes' Improved Small Teeth Pass
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #32 // Mike Barnes' Improved North Forest
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #33 // Mike Barnes' Marching Mountains
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Bodhi
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update

...and so on but if you are installing Ascension the same way, you may have to be a little more strategic if that mod is overwriting as well.

Good luck Lol!
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:19 AM

And a great thanks once again :D Those component numbers did it!! :D I see you installed the Improved Bodhi thin too (which gets replaced by SCSII's version) so i skipped it :P

I dunno if Ascension overwrites those areas from BGII :mellow: (it's a ToB mod lol :ermm:) But just to be on the safe side, I install Tactics before Ascension :P

Cheers,
Lol

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:37 AM

I dunno if Ascension overwrites those areas from BGII :mellow: (it's a ToB mod lol :ermm:) But just to be on the safe side, I install Tactics before Ascension :P

Well, the BiG World Fixpack should update the Tactics .tp2 file so it doesn't override files anymore, as it does so to the BG2Fixpack... so it doesn't change what Ascension does.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 09 September 2009 - 04:39 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.