198 replies to this topic

#41 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 01:00 PM

http://www.shsforums...=ST&f=46&t=1150

in honor of xyar and easter...

have you seen the new kaybee toys easter add???

would be enough to drive xyar batty...ooopse..he already has bats in the belfrey...a huge flock of rabbits are singing "here comes peter cotten tail"...in this cute helium induced voice...only imoen could love it...or me...since like xyar i have a bunny fixation...check my signature...

its those twitchy little noses and pink eyes....

so wanna write a vorpal bunny short story???

please???

just full of vorpality, vorpishness and vorpanunga... :D :P :rolleyes: :) :) :)
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#42 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 06:52 PM

just finished chapter 88 of cards reshuffled...

hint: go to archives in the attic, and run a search on "cards reshuffled"

i love them...can i have some more, please???

pretty pretty please, with suger on top and a big cherry???

I love "insufferable", you kinda figured that was coming with "monkey business" and of course any familiar that would moon anoweenie gets my affection...

will nalia get a familar???? i think a pink poodle with a lisp would be appropriate...

so i guess immie is now a sorc...a thief sorc...i actually tried to make such a class before, but since i used shadowkeeper instead of kit creator, did not work...

laufey, you left me in the middle of a cliffhanger...what will happen when poppy and dekkie catches up with edwin??? what will anomen say when edwin finally reads the nether scrolls??? will the party rescue imoen while edwin is still edwina??? and what will imoen say???

immy: oh my poor rini...this is such a unfortunate situation..(collapses giggling)

dekkie: i hardly think that is an appropriate response, imoen...i mean this involves rather radical shifts in perspective for me...and what will his mother say????!!!!!!!

poppy: oh edwin-kins...here, try this pink dress on, and later we can play dressup and tie some ribbons in your hair, and we can play with makeup and get some dollys...

dekkie: thats not funny poppy!!! actually it is, my poor boy, i told you playing with magic scrolls are dangerous..you know, poppy, after years and years of pulling edwin out of danger by the scruff of his neck, i am so inured, i think for once i am just going to sit back and laugh at his latest pridicament...

edwina: oh teacher,,,,(sob.....sniff...waaahhhh)

we want more!!! we want more!!! we want more!!!

and how is mod going???

we want the mod too!!! we want the mod too!!!

me into immediate gratification...hehhehheh :D :P B) :rolleyes: :) :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#43 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 10:08 PM

would be enough to drive xyar batty...ooopse..he already has bats in the belfrey...a huge flock of rabbits are singing "here comes peter cotten tail"...in this cute helium induced voice...only imoen could love it...or me...since like xyar i have a bunny fixation...check my signature...

please???

just full of vorpality, vorpishness and vorpanunga... :D :P :rolleyes: :) :) :)

LOL! That was a very funny thread! :D Haven't seen that ad, no. They probably don't have it over here. Poor, poor Xzar if he ever faces vorpal bunnies. :) Who knows, I might possibly be able to fit it into the story at some point. We'll see. :) Btw, did you ever play the Sierra Quest for Glory games? In the 4rth one you did get to fight vorpal bunnies.

#44 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 10:12 PM

just finished chapter 88 of cards reshuffled...

hint: go to archives in the attic, and run a search on "cards reshuffled"

i love them...can i have some more, please???

pretty pretty please, with suger on top and a big cherry???

I love "insufferable", you kinda figured that was coming with "monkey business" and of course any familiar that would moon anoweenie gets my affection...

will nalia get a familar???? i think a pink poodle with a lisp would be appropriate...

so i guess immie is now a sorc...a thief sorc...i actually tried to make such a class before, but since i used shadowkeeper instead of kit creator, did not work...

laufey, you left me in the middle of a cliffhanger...what will happen when poppy and dekkie catches up with edwin??? what will anomen say when edwin finally reads the nether scrolls??? will the party rescue imoen while edwin is still edwina??? and what will imoen say???

immy: oh my poor rini...this is such a unfortunate situation..(collapses giggling)

dekkie: i hardly think that is an appropriate response, imoen...i mean this involves rather radical shifts in perspective for me...and what will his mother say????!!!!!!!

poppy: oh edwin-kins...here, try this pink dress on, and later we can play dressup and tie some ribbons in your hair, and we can play with makeup and get some dollys...

dekkie: thats not funny poppy!!! actually it is, my poor boy, i told you playing with magic scrolls are dangerous..you know, poppy, after years and years of pulling edwin out of danger by the scruff of his neck, i am so inured, i think for once i am just going to sit back and laugh at his latest pridicament...

edwina: oh teacher,,,,(sob.....sniff...waaahhhh)

we want more!!! we want more!!! we want more!!!

and how is mod going???

we want the mod too!!! we want the mod too!!!

me into immediate gratification...hehhehheh :D :P B) :rolleyes: :) :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you're still enjoying the story! :D I'll post more after the weekend.

Insufferable: Of course you love me! Just look how cute and fluffy I am! :D

I don't think Nalia will get a familiar, but I have certain other plans for her. Imoen has some sorcerer abilities, but she will remain a thief. It's just that her Bhaalspawn powers manifest this way. The cliffhangers will eventually all be resolved - and the Nether Spell will happen soon. Very soon. :D (Will try to do some work on the mod today, just need to prod myself into action first.) Thanks for all the kind words! :)

#45 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 11:03 PM

please???

just full of vorpality, vorpishness and vorpanunga... :D  :P  :rolleyes:  :)  :)  :)

LOL! That was a very funny thread! :D Haven't seen that ad, no. They probably don't have it over here. Poor, poor Xzar if he ever faces vorpal bunnies. :) Who knows, I might possibly be able to fit it into the story at some point. We'll see. :) Btw, did you ever play the Sierra Quest for Glory games? In the 4rth one you did get to fight vorpal bunnies.

i really really love your stories about edwin...you got the tone and arrogance PERFECT, yet somehow you managed to make him completely lovable...

and his family is so fleshed out, and so well done, i resent black isle now for not including elvira, dekkie and poppy...

now i really hope dekkie will show up shortly after the nether scrolls...it gives me giggles trying to imagine what he will say..hehhehheheh....and i hope you will include salavanas and edwina dialog..hhahhahahhahahahh...

ooooohhhhhh....are you going to write up the limited wish quest??? (gong quest) absolutely one of the funniest in the game, make sure aerie and minsc is in party...i can just imagine edwin's reaction...

and it can even tie in with the gong they rang in durlag's tower...make a comment about just how unlucky gongs are to rini and edwin....

ok, this is how much i like your stories...i really want edwin to spill his guts about why he left to rini, they are both so unhappy, its sad... :( :( :(

its kinda like a soap opera...

as the realm turns
all my bhaalspawn
guiding wizardeye
general temple of illmather
port brynnlaw
passions(of the flesh golem)

(if you dont have american tv, as the world turns, all my children, guiding light, general hospital, port charles, passions....)

oh yeah, did i ever tell ya about "scrlzz"???

i usually edit my party using shadowkeeper, and i am very good at it...

i usually give everyone in my perminent party perminent greater acuity, and all my mages and sorcs, (i usually turn eddy into a sorc) get the summon cow ability....

so i once hit the red dragon with about 20 summon cows spells, he died, and aerie got sex changed, edwin got birds and my sorceror kensai got the itch...summon cow actually has a good chance of wild surging...as if it is cast by a wild mage...was very funny...

:blink: :blink: :blink: :unsure: :blink: :huh: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#46 jurts

jurts
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 11:44 PM

Err... why don't you register to The Attic and comment on Laufey's stories there instead of hi-jacking this thread? :rolleyes: I mean that would be logical, wouldn't it? ;)

#47 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 12:13 AM

oopse...youre right...sorry...

:P
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#48 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 12:23 AM

sorry about the thread hijacking...

this suggestion is kinda on topic, but also refers to the edwin stories...

remember how that silly pally git got hit by lightning in "in the cards"???

were you aware that actually happens in the game???

if you got the rain effect on, a random lightning strike, the same animation as "call lightning" will hit the map at a random spot...i dont know if this can be scripted at all, but it would be mighty amusing if somebody gets hit by lightning in the mod, after saying some horribly stupid or pretentious dialog...triggered by the rain....

anomen: aho! now where is my armor polish? its raining, and my bright shiney armor must be perfect after we get indoors, as helm loves bright armor, and bright armor is pleasing to the gods...

(gets hit by lightning)

jan: well, i guess the gods dont love bright shiney armor all that much...

see, i am not very good at writing dialog...sorry...
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#49 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 02:23 AM

i really really love your stories about edwin...you got the tone and arrogance PERFECT, yet somehow you managed to make him completely lovable...

and his family is so fleshed out, and so well done, i resent black isle now for not including elvira, dekkie and poppy...

now i really hope dekkie will show up shortly after the nether scrolls...it gives me giggles trying to imagine what he will say..hehhehheheh....and i hope you will include salavanas and edwina dialog..hhahhahahhahahahh...

ooooohhhhhh....are you going to write up the limited wish quest??? (gong quest) absolutely one of the funniest in the game, make sure aerie and minsc is in party...i can just imagine edwin's reaction...

and it can even tie in with the gong they rang in durlag's tower...make a comment about just how unlucky gongs are to rini and edwin....

ok, this is how much i like your stories...i really want edwin to spill his guts about why he left to rini, they are both so unhappy, its sad... :( :( :(

its kinda like a soap opera...

as the realm turns
all my bhaalspawn
guiding wizardeye
general temple of illmather
port brynnlaw
passions(of the flesh golem)

(if you dont have american tv, as the world turns, all my children, guiding light, general hospital, port charles, passions....)

oh yeah, did i ever tell ya about "scrlzz"???

i usually edit my party using shadowkeeper, and i am very good at it...

i usually give everyone in my perminent party perminent greater acuity, and all my mages and sorcs, (i usually turn eddy into a sorc) get the summon cow ability....

so i once hit the red dragon with about 20 summon cows spells, he died, and aerie got sex changed, edwin got birds and my sorceror kensai got the itch...summon cow actually has a good chance of wild surging...as if it is cast by a wild mage...was very funny...

:blink: :blink: :blink: :unsure: :blink: :huh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you! :D I'm flattered you think I get Edwin right, and I think his arrogance *does* make him perfectly lovable. I haven't decided about the Limited Wish quest, but at least Aerie won't be in the party, for obvious reasons. And don't worry, Edwin will tell the truth eventually. :) As for Edwin the Wild Mage - Hilarious! :D :D :D

#50 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 02:25 AM

sorry about the thread hijacking...

this suggestion is kinda on topic, but also refers to the edwin stories...

remember how that silly pally git got hit by lightning in "in the cards"???

were you aware that actually happens in the game???

if you got the rain effect on, a random lightning strike, the same animation as "call lightning" will hit the map at a random spot...i dont know if this can be scripted at all, but it would be mighty amusing if somebody gets hit by lightning in the mod, after saying some horribly stupid or pretentious dialog...triggered by the rain....

anomen: aho! now where is my armor polish? its raining, and my bright shiney armor must be perfect after we get indoors, as helm loves bright armor, and bright armor is pleasing to the gods...

(gets hit by lightning)

jan: well, i guess the gods dont love bright shiney armor all that much...

see, i am not very good at writing dialog...sorry...

No need to apologise, I don't mind. :) Anyway, I know about the lightning strike. I've heard that it only happens if you have the Idol of Koza in your inventory, since he's a lightning god. As the sick person I am, I tend to keep the idol and watch my poor characters get hit by lightning now and then. :) And yes, I did think your dialogue was funny. :)

#51 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 01:38 PM

Idol of Koza???

is this in the actual game???

i dont remember....
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#52 thumbs

thumbs
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 03:45 PM

If i rember right its from BG1, when you help the diggers and they become possed.

#53 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 04:03 PM

is it item code

"misc48"????

thats the only "idol" i could find in my BIG text file of all bg 1,2 tob items....

this is going to be so fun if it is...

the next mod i plan to install when i reinstall bg2 tob is chloe, and since i plan to let annoweenie tag along for a while, i will give him the idol and a ring of regen, and go out when its raining a lot...

bbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!

anomen: oh my god, helm, why have you deserted me???

pc: well, anomen, i keep telling you that walking around in a big steel suit with lots of steel weapons is a bad idea in a thunderstorm...(snicker)

if some kind soul could confirm using shadowkeeper or just use clua console...

CLUAConsole:CreateItem"misc48"

and confirm this is the idol of many shocks and laughing at the silly knights i would be grateful....

hey, in the mod, you could set up a small subquest to recover this idol, and if anomen or keldy or mazzy is in the party, and you give them the idol, everytime they get hit, a dialog bubble could float above their heads, like...

anomen: the gods hate me...

keldy: its uncomfy, smells bad, and attracts lightning...but it makes me look GOOD!

mazzy: hey!!! i thought lightning is suppose to hit tall people first???!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :P

oh, and does it work in bg2 as well as bg1?????
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#54 Blackmamuth

Blackmamuth
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 05:00 PM

first of i all i must say that upon reading Userunfriendly's comment i tead the Laufey fic...

A MASTERPIECE!!!!! Oh MY!!!..

if the mod is a quarter as good as the fic it would be withouth doubt the best mod in Bg2!!!

ohh, errr, i can't find thoe 30+ chapthers of cards reshuffled, i got some kind of php error... can you post a direct link to themor somethin like that...

err your Aeries is really scary... in my actual run throught Bg2 i planned to romance her(never found the strenght in doing it since now)... now that is even scarier... i want to kill her in sight, i can't stand her anymore in party... i rather prefer now romancing bodhy.... or maybe a beholder...

PD: REALLY GREAT FIC!!!

PDD: can you post here a link to the uneditte chapters?

#55 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 09:28 PM

"A MASTERPIECE!!!!! Oh MY!!!..

if the mod is a quarter as good as the fic it would be withouth doubt the best mod in Bg2!!!"

we not only have the creative talents of ms. laufey, who is an excellent writer, we also have Dorotea, who pretty much single handedly wrote redemption and coded it in just a few months...now you are beginning to realize just how promising this mod can be....

"ohh, errr, i can't find thoe 30+ chapthers of cards reshuffled, i got some kind of php error... can you post a direct link to themor somethin like that..."

???

go to the attic, and run a search for "cards reshuffled" using this exact text, and leave all the other search options alone...i am assuming you are asking about the chapters that are not on the page in easy to find format???

the ones that are not posted on the same page as "in the cards" are scattered all over the archives...ya gotta run a search on them to find them...

remember scary aerie(hey that rhymes!!! :D :lol: ) is a pure literary creation, the game aerie is sweet and innocent and totally gentle, and absolutely one of my favorite characters, since tword the end of soa, she becomes a much much more powerful spell caster than even edwin...eddy BEFORE i sk him into a sorceror...is many many cheese possible with a cleric mage multi....

the internal logic, of scary aerie(rymes!!! ;) ) is quite consistant...i mean, it is kinda hard to believe any long lived elf is that kind and innocent...

hmmm...i wonder if the edwin mod will alter aerie???

best do a detect evil spell when i meet her, eh??? and a detect alignment????

possibly check her dialog using idu??? :P :D :lol: ;) B) :rolleyes: :)
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#56 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 09:29 PM

Dunno about the item code, but it is the idol you find when you help out those archaeologists in BG1, the idol that the Doomsayer wants to take back. No idea if it works in BG2 or not, but your dialogue was sure funny! :D

#57 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 09:32 PM

first of i all i must say that upon reading Userunfriendly's comment i tead the Laufey fic...

A MASTERPIECE!!!!! Oh MY!!!..

if the mod is a quarter as good as the fic it would be withouth doubt the best mod in Bg2!!!

ohh, errr, i can't find thoe 30+ chapthers of cards reshuffled, i got some kind of php error... can you post a direct link to themor somethin like that...

err your Aeries is really scary... in my actual run throught Bg2 i planned to romance her(never found the strenght in doing it since now)... now that is even scarier... i want to kill her in sight, i can't stand her anymore in party... i rather prefer now romancing bodhy.... or maybe a beholder...

PD: REALLY GREAT FIC!!!

PDD: can you post here a link to the uneditte chapters?

Wow, thank you for the praise! :D I'm happy to hear you like my writing, and hope you will like the mod too. As for the chapters I haven't had time to put up on the Novel Page yet, they're sort of scattered over the Attic, so I can't post a single link to them, I'm afraid. Still, if you follow Userunfriendly's advice and do a search for Cards Reshuffled, I think you should be able to find them.

And yes, Aerie is scary. :) I never trusted her, really. My advice is to stick with Bodhi. :D

#58 jurts

jurts
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 10:44 PM

Hey, a good idea, actually... maybe Eddie can somehow reveal that the whiny, manipulative Aerie wench is actually a heartess, cruel brain-sucking illithid? I suspect that she is an illithid anyhow... how can she persuade others to romance her without sucking their brains out first?

Or maybe a in-party conflict that leads to a fight, a la Keldy-Vicky? I'd love to watch Eddie vs. Aerie. Place your bets, gentlemen, currrrent odds:
Eddie 3:2
Aerie 9:2
a draw 9:1

:rolleyes:

#59 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 10:58 PM

Hey, a good idea, actually... maybe Eddie can somehow reveal that the whiny, manipulative Aerie wench is actually a heartess, cruel brain-sucking illithid? I suspect that she is an illithid anyhow... how can she persuade others to romance her without sucking their brains out first?

Or maybe a in-party conflict that leads to a fight, a la Keldy-Vicky? I'd love to watch Eddie vs. Aerie. Place your bets, gentlemen, currrrent odds:
Eddie 3:2
Aerie 9:2
a draw 9:1

:rolleyes:

Actually, we have discussed having an optional add-on to the romance that presents a, shall we say 'alternative' look on Aerie. It won't affect the main romance storyline as such, it's just meant as a fun little twist.

#60 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 11:16 PM

you know, we already have at least one person in chapter 2 who turns out to be a brain sucker...the hidden in the jan quest...and it would not surprise me in the mod if laufey has got aerie to be EVIL!!!!

muhahahahahhah!!!

it makes a huge amount of sense, and it would make the mod really fun and exciting and make it stand out...

sola=divine intervention, cool loot and unisex romance.
imoen=absolutely delightfully daffy and with many funny dialog
kelcy=polymorph to oatmeal, fully voiced, flirt packs..

edwin=npc treachery....

so at some point, aerie sheds her disguise, and turns into

a mindflayer???(at least a mindflayer lich, an alaroon???)
tanari demon???(at least as strong as the chromatic demon)
greater demon???(like the demon in the underdark, the summoned one in the egg quest)
a lawyer???(only if dorotea or laufey are feeling really sadistic...by far the worst transformation of all...)

but yeah...that would be great and make the mod stand out even more...

minsc: aerie? what is wrong, my little witchy???

aerie: MMUUHHHAAAAAAAHHAHAHHAHA!!!! your journeys are at an end, my "comrades" you have finally divined my true form and purpose, and now all that remains is to incinerate you all...i'll get you, my prettys, and your little dog too...

edwin: well, now that you have uttered "obligatory evil witch dialog number 35" (pfeh, these mindflayer-transformed-into-innocent-elven-lasses completely lack imagination and sponteniety..imagine using dialog 35, which was old and cliche'ed in my great grandmother's time...now dialog number 76, thats always a rib splitter, and has a nice side benefit of confusing paladins...tho the alphabet confuses paladins...now how does that one go again??? oh yes, "luke, i am your father...search your feelings, you know this to be true...hhhhhhhuuuuuuu gasp," tho the thought of this elf wench claiming to be my father is ludicrus....hahahhah) i asume you will attack us???

pc: oh my gosh, edwin, my thayan love slave, how the helm did you keep that all straight??? never mind...(obligatory baldur's gate violence)

pc: yumm...calimari anyone???

edwin: a touch of disgust, a certain sarcastic flair, and more than a hint of bravado...the thayan judge awards a 9!!!!

clapping from rest of party...

DO IT!!! DO IT!!!! DO IT!!!!

we want evil aerie, we want evil aerie!!!!

oh yeah, here is some more anomen, mazzy and keldy holding the statue of lightning stikes...

anomen: there must be some powerful agent of evil who has cast some dreadful curse on me....

imoen: yep, its called magnatism...hahahhahhah

mazzy: oh not again...jahiera, have you got those hair straightners??? as you can see, i am going to need help tonite in getting rid of this electrically induced perm...

keldy: damn, and i just polished this armor too..hey!!! imoen, what are you doing???

imoen: well, since you kept getting hit by these lighning stikes, i figured i should take advantage of this curse, or whatever it is...i tucked this blueberry pie inside your helmet, which you are not wearing, and the lightning strike baked it nice and fresh and hot..yummmm....good...want a bite???

keldy: i am not a magicwave oven...sigh.... :lol: :D :P :lol: :D :P :lol: :D :P
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...