Photo

Edwin Romance is here!

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#21 jurts

jurts
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 11:48 PM

Hey, you should probably go to The Attic and access Laufey's BG1 saga "In The Cards" and it's sequel "Cards Reshuffled", they are in the Novels section, iirc :P

Need I say that they feature Edwin Romance, yay :)

Can't wait for the mod to be compleeeeeted...

#22 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 01:49 AM

spoilers

laufrey, i spent a very enjoyable 5 hours reading the entire thayvan(?) tales in the web site last night...

may i hope that the edwin mod is based on those extremely enjoyable short stories???

i REALLY really like his tutor...obviously his real.....(you know) and may i please hope that poppy will appear in the mod??? she rocks...

and the stories imply why edwin killed dynahir, minsc's witch, and why in his mind it was justified...

i really really like that tutor, and i can guess his death??? will profoundly impact young edwin's life, and shape his personality...

are you planning to write some more????

i hope you do, even if it spoils parts of the upcoming mod...

YOU ROCK!!!

Wow, thanks for the very kind words! *blushes* !

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

There, that should do it. :) The Edwin mod does indeed have ties to my short stories, as well as to my ongoing Baldurs Gate and BG2 novels, In The Cards and Cards Reshuffled respectively. Both can be found at the Attic. The mod doesn't follow those storylines exactly of course, that's not possible for practical reasons, but they definitely are close in many ways. Dekaras is pleased to hear that you like him, and you will get to meet both him and Elvira in the mod. :) Not Poppy though, I'm afraid, but she'll certainly feature in upcoming short stories. Dorotea hasn't had time to post all the short stories I've written to the Thayvian Tales site yet, but the rest can also be found in The Attic, in my short stories site there. Let me know if you have trouble finding them, then I will be happy to point out the way. :)

#23 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 01:50 AM

Hey, you should probably go to The Attic and access Laufey's BG1 saga "In The Cards" and it's sequel "Cards Reshuffled", they are in the Novels section, iirc :P

Need I say that they feature Edwin Romance, yay :)

Can't wait for the mod to be compleeeeeted...

Thank you for your kind words! :D I'm happy to hear you're enjoying my novels, and we're working on the mod and making steady progress, though between writing and our day-jobs, it does take some time. ;)

#24 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 10:30 PM

laufey, i am a little mad at you...last night i stayed up til 5 in the morning because i COULD NOT STOP reading in the cards, so i got little sleep and was in a daze all day, and trying to study fast cacheing or optimum cacheing in cisco 7000 series routers is not pleasant....

ok, the buffers are a common shared memory pool for route processing only....and the optimum cache is only on the 7500 series...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........snore......so glad dekkie( :D :P :lol: ) is alive....zzzzzzzzzzz....

no poppy??? bbbbwwwwahhhhhhh..... i like poppy...dare i hope the stuffed witch doll will make a cameo??? that was so funny...

its kinda fun to have immie chase after dekkie...will eddie-kins tell immie about his nickname????

:P :P :P :P :P

i love the ending to the xan and branwen leaving....

elvira is the mom, right???

dekkie, i gotta admit, is my idea of the consumate professional...i really like how deeply fleshed out his character is...and am i correct in assuming that eddie-kin's real dad is...you know...

ok, going to hit the in the cards and the short story site...you did it to me again...just have to stop reading after a few hours at most...

:P :o :D B) :rolleyes: :)
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#25 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 01:03 AM

laufey, i am a little mad at you...last night i stayed up til 5 in the morning because i COULD NOT STOP reading in the cards, so i got little sleep and was in a daze all day, and trying to study fast cacheing or optimum cacheing in cisco 7000 series routers is not pleasant....

ok, the buffers are a common shared memory pool for route processing only....and the optimum cache is only on the 7500 series...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........snore......so glad dekkie( :D :P :lol: ) is alive....zzzzzzzzzzz....

no poppy??? bbbbwwwwahhhhhhh..... i like poppy...dare i hope the stuffed witch doll will make a cameo??? that was so funny...

its kinda fun to have immie chase after dekkie...will eddie-kins tell immie about his nickname????

:P :P :P :P :P

i love the ending to the xan and branwen leaving....

elvira is the mom, right???

dekkie, i gotta admit, is my idea of the consumate professional...i really like how deeply fleshed out his character is...and am i correct in assuming that eddie-kin's real dad is...you know...

ok, going to hit the in the cards and the short story site...you did it to me again...just have to stop reading after a few hours at most...

:P :o :D B) :rolleyes: :)

LOL! Glad you're enjoying the story, but try to get some sleep now before you collapse. :)

Dekkie most certainly is alive, though there'll be trouble awaiting him in the future. I would have loved having Poppy in the mod, but there simply wasn't room, since the mod has to focus on the Edwin/PC relationship. You'll eventually see her in Cards Reshuffled though. Elvira is certainly Edwin's mother, and not likely to let her 'baby' forget it. :) And Eddie's real dad is just who you think it is. The story 'Love and Marriage' on the short stories site will explain the exact details of just how that came to be. Happy reading! :D

#26 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 01:39 PM

i will admit, i am SERIOUSLY looking foward to the nether scrolls...will there be racy dialog? swooning and touching (kinky!!!) love moments? will jahiera say something that will finally get her punched in the nose??? and will imoen litterally faint from all the giggling? and what will dekkie say??? AND POPPY SHOULD MAKE HER APPERANCE right after edwin reads the nether scrolls...

and his mom too...hahahhahhahhhhhahahhahha...

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! have you ever played the game and had edwina talk to salvanas the little elf gigalo in the copper coronet???? absolutely the funniest and most creative dialog in the game...at that point, edwin joined my roster of regulars i play all the mods with...

evil aerie???? i like aerie, and evil aerie is absolutely delicious....please, oh please tell me you are going to spend some time soon on the bg2 part of the story....and dare i hope that the funny nether scrolls will be written up soon...hope you get inspired...will kelsey make an appearance??? and will imoen stop lusting after older men???

ok, i am slightly kinky myself in real life...my most anticipated mod is chloe, and thats the kind of funny yet ahem.......smut i am hoping for....hahhahhahahah...

well, until spirited away by miazaki comes out next week on dvd, i have my studies and this novel to read when my head aches from too much study....

hope you tell me the nether scrolls are in the next set you upload.... :D :P B) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#27 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 01:53 PM

i will admit, i am SERIOUSLY looking foward to the nether scrolls...will there be racy dialog? swooning and touching (kinky!!!) love moments? will jahiera say something that will finally get her punched in the nose??? and will imoen litterally faint from all the giggling? and what will dekkie say??? AND POPPY SHOULD MAKE HER APPERANCE right after edwin reads the nether scrolls...

and his mom too...hahahhahhahhhhhahahhahha...

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! have you ever played the game and had edwina talk to salvanas the little elf gigalo in the copper coronet???? absolutely the funniest and most creative dialog in the game...at that point, edwin joined my roster of regulars i play all the mods with...

evil aerie???? i like aerie, and evil aerie is absolutely delicious....please, oh please tell me you are going to spend some time soon on the bg2 part of the story....and dare i hope that the funny nether scrolls will be written up soon...hope you get inspired...will kelsey make an appearance??? and will imoen stop lusting after older men???

ok, i am slightly kinky myself in real life...my most anticipated mod is chloe, and thats the kind of funny yet ahem.......smut i am hoping for....hahhahhahahah...

well, until spirited away by miazaki comes out next week on dvd, i have my studies and this novel to read when my head aches from too much study....

hope you tell me the nether scrolls are in the next set you upload.... :D :P B) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*grin* The nether scroll transformation has been written, but not posted yet. As for touchy-feely stuff with the fair Edwina...you'll have to wait and see. :) And once Dekkie learns about it, I'm sure he'll have a thing or two to say about the prudency of playing with dangerous magical items.

I've certainly played the Salvanas dialogue, more than once. I think it's incredibly funny. :D

I'm glad you enjoy Evil Aerie, she'll have a very important part to play in the story, if not in the mod. No Kelsey though. And Imoen...well...we'll see. ;)

Glad to hear you're still enjoying the story! :)

#28 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 05:04 PM

so....do ya like my poppy imitation in my posts, dontya, dontya....

wanna hear a song????

i dont recall seeing any posts on who gets romanced....how about halflings????

and will there be easter eggs if you name your pc

rini

or

poppy???

i think i have to abandon my usual pc character,

bun bun

(the incredible sorc kensai assassin beholder anti pally shadowkeeper hack job...)

and name her poppy or rini...

and you are mean...you just off handedly mention love and marriage, and once i started looking at your novellas i got hooked on dekkie and poppy's early life stories...i really loved the baba yaga story...

so now i cant stop reading them....sigh...

oh well, i will absolutely get some study done tonite...

oh..and i betya, laufey-kins...(gah, this attempt to impersonate the personality of a hobbit is seriously affecting my mind, soon i shall take up flower braiding and wearing shocking red...far better than shocking pink, oh what a humilating curse to happen to the formost mage of the realms...oh dear, now why did i bleach my red robes??? the hue is somewhat gaudier than imoen's hair!!!!)

that poppy is related to another famous halfling clan...is she or is she not a FENTAN???????

ok, just a few more stories and back to isdn...what moron came up with all the really annoying reference points anyway???

u for ta to te2, r for something i completely forgot, and s/t for ta to local loop...drat, i got them all mixed up now...

remarkably similar is my life to edwin...i am studying rather arcane and highly complex stuff that i tend to mutter out loud and really confuse people....sigh....
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#29 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 07:24 PM

I HIGHLY urge everyone to read the "matchmaker"...

just dont eat anything while reading the story, or you will snort up pizza or nachos thru your nose...tho that is better than a skull trap up the nose...

laufey, are you british??? cause one scene in the matchmaker, you know which one...has got to be inspired by that british dessert food "spotted (deleted)"

oh my god, i laufed so hard....it was so funny...

of course i would like that story, since vorpal bunnies are in the trophy room...

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#30 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 07:42 PM

I HIGHLY urge everyone to read the "matchmaker"...

just dont eat anything while reading the story, or you will snort up pizza or nachos thru your nose...tho that is better than a skull trap up the nose...

laufey, are you british??? cause one scene in the matchmaker, you know which one...has got to be inspired by that british dessert food "spotted (deleted)"

oh my god, i laufed so hard....it was so funny...

of course i would like that story, since vorpal bunnies are in the trophy room...

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Glad you liked it! :D I'm not British, but I've heard that particular dessert mentioned, though I wasn't thinking of it when I wrote that part.

#31 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 12:24 AM

but is poppy a fentan???

as in related to mazzy???

:P :P :D :lol:

oh my...will you post some more on the sequel soon...please???

i really dig the delightfully evil aerie...and i am getting really interested in how edwin-kins is going to avoid getting the same fate as xyar and monty...by their pet zombie...so funny....but you left him in the middle of the maevar quests....
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#32 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 01:01 AM

What was Alora's surname? I'm pretty sure that Poppy is related to her.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#33 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 02:50 AM

but is poppy a fentan???

:P :P :D :lol:

i really dig the delightfully evil aerie...and i am getting really interested in how edwin-kins is going to avoid getting the same fate as xyar and monty...by their pet zombie...so funny....but you left him in the middle of the maevar quests....

No, no, Poppy isn't related to Mazzy at all! :D Can't stand Mazzy, myself. Have you checked out the Attic archives yet? Everything I've posted so far, that hasn't yet gone up on the novel page, can be found there, 88 chapters so far.

Happy to hear you're still enjoying the story. :)

#34 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 02:51 AM

What was Alora's surname? I'm pretty sure that Poppy is related to her.

As far as I know, Alora's surname was never given. In my story she is indeed Poppy's niece. :)

#35 Star Dragonmaiden

Star Dragonmaiden

Wind Rider of the Dragon Knights

• 171 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 01:09 PM

I've gotta hand it to you, Laufey. I've read a lot of stories online and 'In The Cards' is one of the best. 'Cards Reshuffled' is great, too. I hope you update again soon.
Oh, if there's one thing I hang on to that gets me throught the night
I ain't gonna do what I don't want to; I'm gonna live my life
Shining like a diamond, rolling with the dice
Standing on the ledge, I'll show the wind how to fly
When the world gets in my face, I say...
Have a nice day

"Have a Nice Day' - Bon Jovi

#36 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 01:14 PM

but is poppy a fentan???

:P  :P  :D  :lol:

No, no, Poppy isn't related to Mazzy at all! :D Can't stand Mazzy, myself. Have you checked out the Attic archives yet? Everything I've posted so far, that hasn't yet gone up on the novel page, can be found there, 88 chapters so far.

oh crap!!!!

more stuff i have not read yet...ok...must maintain control, read only after midnite....

must study...must study....

ok..whew...i must maintain the control and discapline that only a superior thayan mind is capable of truely encompassing..(tho i personally have doubts about my control if i get a chance to aquire a red dragon as a pet...you know i wanted one since a child)

i cant stand mazzy myself...and laufey, obviously you cant stand aerie...i really like aerie, possibly cause i have dated very clingly girls in the past...you know, the really high maintainence type..and i still like them...(dont ask why...i still cant figure it out myself...)

and i bet we both agree on anomen being a insufferable git....

http://www.teambg.ne...y;threadid=6646

(this is one of my few contributions to the community...the anomen hate thread...where i come up with amusing ways to dispose of the knight (pronounced monty python fashion, as "chu-nighet" ) of helm...check my sig for my other contribution to the community..hehheheh)

i think i kinda have the same feeling you do about jahiera..she is darned useful, but mostly very very annoying...

ok, i want to re read chapter 4 thru 8 today, then i can afford to stay up til 3 am to read the archives...

must maintain control...must maintain control...
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#37 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 01:46 PM

but is poppy a fentan???

:P  :P  :D  :lol:

ive read all your edwin stuff in the cellar....are you talking about the cellar???cause the attic archives seem to be quizzes only...can you post a link???

oh and one thing...are you ever going to publish this stuff, or at least put together an online bundle for download??

maybe on the same page as the mod...

how is mod doing????

i think you should publish or put a downloadable bundle together....

i mean its not like you have much competition...have you read the book "baldur's gate" by that hack author, begins with letter "a"...

he just sucks badly....badly...badly...
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#38 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 02:14 PM

ive read all your edwin stuff in the cellar....are you talking about the cellar???cause the attic archives seem to be quizzes only...can you post a link???

oh and one thing...are you ever going to publish this stuff, or at least put together an online bundle for download??

maybe on the same page as the mod...

how is mod doing????

i think you should publish or put a downloadable bundle together....

i mean its not like you have much competition...have you read the book "baldur's gate" by that hack author, begins with letter "a"...

he just sucks badly....badly...badly...

The Attic quizzes are more than just 'quizzes', the term is a bit misleading. They are where the chapters are first posted, and where people can comment on them. I then repost them later on. Every single chapter I've posted so far can be found in the old quizzes, but I haven't had time to update the novel page further than chapter 30 yet.

I couldn't publish it 'for real' I'm afraid, copyright law would prevent that. And yes, I do agree that the 'official' novel is abominable, not even worthy of being used as toilet paper.

We're working on the mod, though this week I've been particularly busy at work I'm afraid. Hopefully I'll have time to do some stuff this weekend. (Am currently tackling Edwina's romance dialogues.) :)

#39 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 02:16 PM

I've gotta hand it to you, Laufey. I've read a lot of stories online and 'In The Cards' is one of the best. 'Cards Reshuffled' is great, too. I hope you update again soon.

*bows* Thank you for the kind words! :D I'll try to update again soon, in the meantime the chapters are also available in the Attic archives, if you look in the older quizzes.

#40 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 02:23 PM

oh crap!!!!

more stuff i have not read yet...ok...must maintain control, read only after midnite....

must study...must study....

ok..whew...i must maintain the control and discapline that only a superior thayan mind is capable of truely encompassing..(tho i personally have doubts about my control if i get a chance to aquire a red dragon as a pet...you know i wanted one since a child)

i cant stand mazzy myself...and laufey, obviously you cant stand aerie...i really like aerie, possibly cause i have dated very clingly girls in the past...you know, the really high maintainence type..and i still like them...(dont ask why...i still cant figure it out myself...)

and i bet we both agree on anomen being a insufferable git....

http://www.teambg.ne...y;threadid=6646

(this is one of my few contributions to the community...the anomen hate thread...where i come up with amusing ways to dispose of the knight (pronounced monty python fashion, as "chu-nighet" ) of helm...check my sig for my other contribution to the community..hehheheh)

i think i kinda have the same feeling you do about jahiera..she is darned useful, but mostly very very annoying...

ok, i want to re read chapter 4 thru 8 today, then i can afford to stay up til 3 am to read the archives...

must maintain control...must maintain control...

*grin* Well, I'm happy to hear that you can enjoy Evil Aerie despite liking what I consider the most insufferable NPC in the game. As for Ano, my feelings for him are pretty complex. He can be extremely annoying, and sometimes I just want to smack him (particularly when hearing his select sounds), but having romanced him a few times I've actually grown quite fond of him, big lug that he is. (Of course, Edwin hates him though.) ;) Still, I think it's extremely unfair that us females only got one romance option, it's a pet peeve of mine and the reason why I started the Edwin Romance in the first place.

As for the Kill Anomen thread...LOL! Sounds like some of the stuff I've contemplated and written for Aerie. :D

About Jaheira, I'm also divided. Sometimes I love her, sometimes she annoys me tremendously. :)