Photo

BGT-WeiDU 0.99 BETA released!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

#121 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:14 AM

The problem is not the music, and I really don't care if Pseudospawn doesn't like Cardigans. But I do care that NeJ2 is:

1. Still under development.
2. Incompatible with all the mods installed.
3. Only for beta-testers.

[EDIT] It's worthwhile to read ReadMe or at least visit our forums and ask questions. By the way the available download is for beta v3.1 for now, and I have no idea from where comes v2.1 listed by Pseudospawn.

Edited by Vlad, 19 July 2005 - 02:26 AM.

#122 Pseudospawn

Pseudospawn
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:48 AM

Its not a matter of me simply disliking the cardigans, its more how it destroys the atmosphere of the game. I'm not against changing the music but something a little more appropriate.

How exactly is NEJ2 incompatible? when should i be expecting a crash to desktop?

...and like you said it is v3.1 i made a typo, so sorry!

#123 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:32 AM

Its not a matter of me simply disliking the cardigans, its more how it destroys the atmosphere of the game.

Exactly what I mean... the game you play, because this has nothing to do with other mods and games except NeJ2.

How exactly is NEJ2 incompatible?

Animations, areas, characters. It seems to me you haven't even started playing NeJ2.

...when should i be expecting a crash to desktop?

Well, from your several posts I saw that the CTD is what you expect from TS v6.02 as well. As a modder I would prefer CTD as the easiest way to find the problem. But don't be so optimistic as the incompatibilty issue I envise will be messed animations, wrong character dialogues, and hang cutscenes.

...and like you said it is v3.1...

Then I would expect from you to read some documentation or at least some posts at our forum boards which say it is BETA version and hence is not supposed to be playable with other mods meanwhile.

#124 -grogerson-

-grogerson-

Posted 19 July 2005 - 04:09 AM

Ascension64, I told you what I would do last night.

(Bows in respect)

BGT-WeiDU beta3 installed without a hitch, and no extra folders remained.

With both lodgey and I, you've squished the 98/98SE install bug.

Now to get to the in-game cockroach stompin'...

#125 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 04:34 AM

Well done Ascension64.

I have successfully installed beta 3 on a new patched installation of BG2:SOA & TOB. No fancy editing of batch files, and no big list of temporary directories left over during the installation.

Running Win 98SE.

Cheers. And hooray! :D

Suggestion noted and disregarded since you need NEJ2 for bp-bgt-weidu.

is there a practical way i could fix it and restore the orginal game music?

The problem is not the music, and I really don't care if Pseudospawn doesn't like Cardigans. But I do care that NeJ2 is:

1. Still under development.
2. Incompatible with all the mods installed.
3. Only for beta-testers.

[EDIT] It's worthwhile to read ReadMe or at least visit our forums and ask questions. By the way the available download is for beta v3.1 for now, and I have no idea from where comes v2.1 listed by Pseudospawn.

Straight answer: In <BGII install directory>,
Copy NeJ2\Backup\combo1b.acm into music\Combo1 directory (this is the 'choose' SoA or ToB screen music)
Copy NeJ2\Backup\themea.acm into music\Theme directory (this is the SoA screen music)

Or you could do what Vlad says and not use NeJ2, although he hasn't been particularly 'friendly' in acknowledging that people have the right to ask for 'customisation' help provided that it does not breach intellectual property rights. Also, may I note that no official documentation mentions point 3, 'Only for beta-testers', although I do appreciate the point about caution with BETA mods (ahem...BGT-WeiDU is one as well), except that it again is the private user's right to do whatever they want within intellectual property rights. I won't say any more on this matter.

The exact same readme also states:

Do I have to install every single component of BP-BGT-WeiDU to be able to play, or can I just install bits and pieces?

You can just install bits and pieces.  BP-BGT-WeiDU is defined as the installation of TDD-WeiDU, SoS-WeiDU, TS, and NeJ2 (and possibly BP as well).  Therefore you can install any part of BP-BGT-WeiDU, for example, TDD-WeiDU, then BGT-WeiDU, then TS, and it will work fine.  But please note that this is NOT referred to as a BP-BGT-WeiDU installation by definition.

Incidentally, there's a slight mistake elsewhere in the readme:

How does Baldur?s Gate Trilogy fit in with other modifications for Baldur?s Gate II out there?

Bardez?s Baldur?s Gate Trilogy, BGT_MK3_112, became incorporated with the mega-modification known as The Big Picture, which combines a number of large modifications for Baldur?s Gate II (namely The Darkest Day, Shadows over Soubar, and Never Ending Journey Part I)

That should be Tortured Souls rather than NeJ1.

My error. I fall on my own definition. To clarify, BP-BGT-WeiDU is defined as the installation of TDD-WeiDU, SoS-WeiDU, and TS. BP-BGT-NeJ-WeiDU is defined as the installation of TDD-WeiDU, SoS-WeiDU, TS, and NeJ#. I will not attempt to even suggest that these kinds of installations currently have limited support.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#126 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:59 PM

Hi Ascension,

first of all, a big thanks for your great work. :coolthumb:
I have a suggestion for the restore of the dialog.tlk after the uninstalling.

BGT-Uninstall.bat

::TRANSLATE
echo ---------------------------------------------------
echo Uninstallation complete. To restore the dialog.tlk, please use the dialog.bat in the Baldur's Gate II directory
echo ---------------------------------------------------
::END TRANSLATE
copy /y BGT\Uninstall\dialog.bat

dialog.bat

@ECHO OFF

move /y BGT\dialog.bak\*.tlk
call BGT\Install\deldir BGT\dialog.bak
del dialog.bat

Edited by weigo, 21 July 2005 - 02:12 PM.

Modification:

BP-BGT-Worldmap-v6.6 (Download)

#127 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:34 PM

Unfortunately won't work. WeiDU outputs dialog.tlk at the END of the uninstallation, which means that any attempt to restore dialog.tlk using a batch file method will be overwritten by what is stored in memory by WeiDU. So, there is no method to fix it so far in my knowledge. Thanks for the suggestion anyhow.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#128 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:17 PM

You told the problem a few weeks ago.
You have to use the dialog.bat file manually after weidu finished the uninstalling.
The bat file should only be a little help for the cut and paste method to restore the dialog.tlk.
But its only be a suggestion of mine.

Modification:

BP-BGT-Worldmap-v6.6 (Download)