Photo

BGT-Weidu +Mods installation instructions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#41 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 09:24 PM

Ah...I get it...BGT-WeiDU worldmap will be for pure BGT-WeiDU installations *sigh*...though I liked this design and REALLY want to make it available with new areas...If u don't mind, I'll try to make such "enhanced BGT worldmap" for my own usability?
About tactics: there are some components that empower existing subbosses (Firkraag, Illych, etc.)...it makes the game also more challanging, however if DSotSC/NTotSC insatllations are set some scripts for their creatures, and i.e. TDD does it also...so the Tactics mod would bring only new scripts for pure BG2 and pure BG2ToB creatures...not any of other mods. Wah...IMO only waste of time :P

#42 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 01:26 AM

ok, let me ask one more question. This mod is currently missing the big picture, which is all of horred's work at AI and such? But everything else basically works right?
The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#43 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 05:09 AM

Yes and no. This is BGT-Weidu which is an updated version of the original BGT mod. This has nothing to do with BP or with any of the SoA storyline.

BP will consist of Horred's AI, his lair, and whatever else he throws into the mix. You still need TDD, SoS, TS, NeJ or whichever combination you now want. You do not need to install all of them anymore.

If you are going the round about way of saying that Tactics can still be used, yes it could. The conflict will be with Horred's BP. BGT-Weidu can still use Tactics, though you will not see any Tactics's type of changes until the SoA part of the game. That is all I was meaning to say before.

So until BP is ready, you could use Tactics to spice up your SoA game.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#44 -JDuteau-

-JDuteau-

Posted 15 September 2005 - 01:15 PM

I'm a n00b here as I just read about this interesting project yesterday. The last post confused me a little bit. If I want BG1+BG2+TDD+SOS+NEJ+ToS+etc., I don't actually need BP now?

"BP will consist of Horred's AI, his lair, and whatever else he throws into the mix. You still need TDD, SoS, TS, NeJ or whichever combination you now want. You do not need to install all of them anymore."

So I don't actually have to wait for BP to be released to the general public? I can get started on installing all of this now?

Jean

#45 -JDuteau-

-JDuteau-

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:52 PM

>Do you think, I can install TSv602?
>It is in WeiDu format, but... If i can, what is correctly order?

I've seen the notes that TSv602 isn't compatible, but there is a new 603. Has anyone tried installing this? I'm game to try it out but since I'm a n00b (as my last note proclaimed) I may not know what to look for when I'm installing it.

Jean

#46 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 05:50 PM

Yes, you can play those modifications you mention without BP-WeiDU. however, there are still some incompatibilities in TDD, SoS, TS, and NeJ that may need to be addressed in BGT. Hopefully, nothing major.

>Do you think, I can install TSv602?
>It is in WeiDu format, but... If i can, what is correctly order?

I've seen the notes that TSv602 isn't compatible, but there is a new 603.  Has anyone tried installing this?  I'm game to try it out but since I'm a n00b (as my last note proclaimed) I may not know what to look for when I'm installing it.

Jean

View Post

TSv602 and above are not compatible with TDD and SoS as far as I know. TSv602 may be compatible if you only install that and BGT-WeiDU, but I haven't tried that. TSv603 Vlad says is compatible with NeJ2. So a TS, NeJ, BGT-WeiDU install could theoretically work, but again I have not tried that either.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#47 Tabris

Tabris
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 02:15 PM

If i install these mods i'll have compatibility problems?

Song and Silence v1
Divine Remix v1
Unfinished Business v14
G3 NPC Kitpack
G3 NPC Tweak
G3 Oversight
G3 Moinesse's Avatars

Following the tutorial in the first page, in which order should i install the if there's no compatibility issues.

#48 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 04:21 PM

You should check with each mod's forum to see about compatibility between them. Just because two mods both work with BGT doesn't mean that they work with each other. Most of your listed mods are SoA based, so nothing "should" happen during the BG1 part of the game anyway. Therefore, it is normally best to install them after you have completed the BG1 part and are now in Jon's dungeon. If any of them change the dungeon area (and I don't think these do) then you need to install the mod right before you get there (probably before you talk to Belt one last time).

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#49 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:25 AM

there is an error in SPSEQ16B.BAF located in \SOS\BAF at line 24 column 34 that will stop the install. it reads LONG_BOW and should be MAGE_ALL

after i changed that SOS installed without a problem. and yes it was the 102 version of the weidu that i downloaded and also the latest verson

ronin

#50 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:06 PM

there is an error in SPSEQ16B.BAF located in \SOS\BAF at line 24 column 34 that will stop the install.  it reads LONG_BOW and should be MAGE_ALL

after i changed that SOS installed without a problem.  and yes it was the 102 version of the weidu that i downloaded and also the latest verson

ronin

View Post

Did you install TDD before SOS? The current version of TDD-WeiDU screws up SPELL.IDS, causing SOS and a number of other mods that use the LONG_BOW/MAGE_ALL descriptor to fail during installation.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#51 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:17 PM

Yep, TDD went first just like the instructions on the first page here. After reading the entire thread again I saw that your supposed to do it the other way around SOS then TDD.

Might be useful if someone updated the installation instructions. I ended up editing a baf file in DSotSC also to change LONG_BOW to MAGE_ALL

thanks

ronin

#52 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 10:58 PM

Yep, TDD went first just like the instructions on the first page here.  After reading the entire thread again I saw that your supposed to do it the other way around SOS then TDD

Might be useful if someone updated the installation instructions.  I ended up editing a baf  file in DSotSC also to change LONG_BOW to MAGE_ALL

thanks

ronin

View Post

Well, soon you should be able to do it either way without having to resort to code-level workarounds.

--------------
Retired Modder

#53 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:47 AM

Heh...TDD change CLASS.IDS and add line 202: MAGE_ALL also changing earlier line 202: LONG_BOW to MAGE_ALL...so there is someting like that in that file:
201: LONG_SWORD
202: MAGE_ALL
Propably changing the second "MAGE_ALL" into "LONG_BOW" will give proper level of compatibility in any mod...I didn't check it yet...but some of my friends made that and all works good.
TDD also mess with STATS.IDS from my knowledge (lacking MAXHITPOINTS)...

#54 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 07:06 AM

Heh...TDD change CLASS.IDS and add line 202: MAGE_ALL also changing earlier line 202: LONG_BOW to MAGE_ALL...so there is someting like that in that file:
201: LONG_SWORD
Propably changing the second "MAGE_ALL" into "LONG_BOW" will give proper level of compatibility in any mod...I didn't check it yet...but some of my friends made that and all works good.
TDD also mess with STATS.IDS from my knowledge (lacking MAXHITPOINTS)...

View Post

Well, no, because TDD causes a REPLACE_TEXTUALLY of LONG_BOW into MAGE_ALL when the pure CLASS.IDS (which is what I meant actually, not SPELL.IDS, sorry) of BG2 has both.

--------------
Retired Modder

#55 Valfar

Valfar
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:22 AM

does Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"

from EoU works on BGT? In my installation - no
Posted Image

#56 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:22 AM

Asc...AFTER installing TDD WeiDU it is highly propable that in class.ids are 2 entries with 202 index and MAGE_ALL value...It is also possible to change only one of those entries to LONG_BOW and in theory it *should* assure compatibillity with SoS, SoBH, DSotSC and any other mod that use one of those: MAGE_ALL, LONG_BOW in their scripts...IMO both values means the same *class*...and there should be no incorrect working scripts using MAGE_ALL instead LONG_BOW or vice versa...that is why I think doubled 202 entry and 2 different values should work and be compatible...If I am wrong just tell me why so the next time I'll know more.

#57 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:23 PM

Asc...AFTER installing TDD WeiDU it is highly propable that in class.ids are 2 entries with 202 index and MAGE_ALL value...It is also possible to change only one of those entries to LONG_BOW and in theory it *should* assure compatibillity with SoS, SoBH, DSotSC and any other mod that use one of those: MAGE_ALL, LONG_BOW in their scripts...IMO both values means the same *class*...and there should be no incorrect working scripts using MAGE_ALL instead LONG_BOW or vice versa...that is why I think doubled 202 entry and 2 different values should work and be compatible...If I am wrong just tell  me why so the next time I'll know more.

View Post

What I am trying to say before, Promilus, is that BG2 SHIPS with the CORRECT CLASS.IDS, and the current version of TDD-WeiDU SCREWS UP CLASS.IDS. That will not happen in the new version of TDD-WeiDU. So, to clarify in very general terms, the TDD-WeiDU installation is tampering with a file that it shouldn't be touching at all.

--------------
Retired Modder

#58 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 12:02 AM

And I'm trying to tell you that there is a way right now to make all the mods like SoBH (MAGE_ALL), DSotSC(LONG_BOW), BG2 (LONG_BOW), SoS (LONG_BOW), TDD (MAGE_ALL) installing and working all together...DSotSC can't be installed after TDD without class.ids modification OR *.baf modification...I don't wan't to w8 until next TDD version is released...I want to play it all right now...this was solution to all other ppl which want the same. And as all my friends are telling me: my method works.

#59 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 03:50 AM

And I'm trying to tell you that there is a way right now to make all the mods like SoBH (MAGE_ALL), DSotSC(LONG_BOW), BG2 (LONG_BOW), SoS (LONG_BOW), TDD (MAGE_ALL) installing and working all together...DSotSC can't be installed after TDD without class.ids modification OR *.baf modification...I don't wan't to w8 until next TDD version is released...I want to play it all right now...this was solution to all other ppl which want the same. And as all my friends are telling me: my method works.

View Post

Well sure, if patience is not your thing.

--------------
Retired Modder

#60 Sabrae

Sabrae
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:41 PM

Please help me!
1. I'm wandering if Mantriel's instruction is best now aviable or instruction from the first post is better?
2. Will NTotSC and DSotSC work with all other mods work? They are listed on Mantiel's list, but in their readme it 3. stands, that it does'nt work with BP.
3. Do I have to install TS, SoS and TDD separetly (which is hard to find them) or might I use BP, and which BP should I use: BP or BP-BGT or both of them? I have got confused.

Sorry, if those questions were mentioned before or they are stupid, but I have been reading a lot at various forums for a few days and got confused :P
(I have noticed date of the latest post; why at 2005 all people stopped posting? I hope that forum is not dead (like punk:P))